show more
Yuzeyun
god damn it cb :lol:
Spectator
Rip BA, you weren't that bad ;(
Okoratu
You still are CtB Champion, you could care less :p
Kurokami
CtB Champion should just get out. /jk At least now this is not resembles to BAT at all. :3
Secretpipe
oh it got removed? at least it's better than nothing c:

poke me when we have our color back hue
Okoratu

secretpipe what
mancuso_JM_
''BNG'' sucks, but ''Beatmap Nominator'' sounds cool enough. So, I'll call you as Beatmap Nominator, without any kind of abreviation..

*runs*
Ozato Fumika
I guess this should be reworded too

Sonnyc
Any plans for raising the daily qualified cap? Personally 8 feels not enough considering the 100+ BN members..
Topic Starter
Loctav
Make a feature request thread?
Aurele

Sonnyc wrote:

Any plans for raising the daily qualified cap? Personally 8 feels not enough considering the 100+ BN members..
I think that was due to the server cap. peppy said this somewhere, if I remember correctly..
so it won't "possible" to raise it..
Lust
Lets see how the feature request goes.
Sonnyc
lol Everybody are like CDFA

CDFA spirit
neonat
Keeping it alive
captin1
p/3845237 flat no on the cap
Lust
As peppy stated, we are going to have to figure this out on our own. I'll be brainstorming some ideas (which I have been for awhile) but we should get everyone together on this. It is a real issue that we'll need to confront, I suppose.
Sakura
As for me, i guess i'll just get my icons from bubbles, not worth it to try to rush at reset to qualify something.
Kibbleru

Lust wrote:

As peppy stated, we are going to have to figure this out on our own. I'll be brainstorming some ideas (which I have been for awhile) but we should get everyone together on this. It is a real issue that we'll need to confront, I suppose.
imo i think the best alternate is the three BN rank suggested by starry.

as we approach the new system. the quality of BNs, I'd hate to admit, would probably be worse and worse since the requirements are MUCH lower. making it require 3 BNs to rank stuff will limit the # of qualified maps and also make the general quality of the map better.
Sakura
I figured I'd post this here:
xxdeathx
Well that'll stop habiholic for now but I can see 8 different bn's quickly filling the cap
Cherry Blossom
That's funny how BNs are being superactive just for BN ranking.
For example, instead of letting the mapper self pop his map for x reason, the BN pop the map and considerably slowdown the ranking process.
I think that BNs should only pop a map's bubble for several unrankable issues or important unrankable issues like wrong timing or diff spread. For small unrankable issue, self popping is fine.
Why ?

Self pop = get the rebubble from the BN who gave the first bubble and then rank.
Pop = get the rebubble and find another BN.
Kibbleru

Sakura wrote:

I figured I'd post this here:
yeah just read that but cap is still being hit, lets observe how it goes as we go through the week.

but anyway all ive been doing is bubbling LOL.
xxdeathx

Cherry Blossom wrote:

For example, instead of letting the mapper self pop his map for x reason, the BN pop the map and considerably slowdown the ranking process.
I think that BNs should only pop a map's bubble for several unrankable issues or important unrankable issues like wrong timing or diff spread. For small unrankable issue, self popping is fine.
Why ?

Self pop = get the rebubble from the BN who gave the first bubble and then rank.
That's always how it's been like
Lust

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Why ?

Saying such things means you have no idea how protocols work. If anything hinders a map enough from being qualified (any unrankable issue, no matter how large or small), a BN SHOULD pop it. The popping BN can just rebubble and the original bubbler can come back and qualify. This is how things have been since I have joined, and they will probably continue this way for as long as we are still using the bubble/heart nomination system.
Kibbleru

Lust wrote:

Cherry Blossom wrote:

Why ?

Saying such things means you have no idea how protocols work. If anything hinders a map enough from being qualified (any unrankable issue, no matter how large or small), a BN SHOULD pop it. The popping BN can just rebubble and the original bubbler can come back and qualify. This is how things have been since I have joined, and they will probably continue this way for as long as we are still using the bubble/heart nomination system.
the original bubbler can come back to qualify?
thats news to me o_O

there's alot of false BN rules going on that we should clear up first >_>
Lust
Yes, you can. I've done it many times, others have done so too. If you need any "BN rules" clarified let me know, I'm pretty familiar with them I suppose.
Kurokami

Lust wrote:

The popping BN can just rebubble and the original bubbler can come back and qualify.
Oh hey, this was new to me. o.o
Lust
Sorry for using your images Sakura, I always keep them on deck for situations like this o/

Well, maybe I can make a whole post detailing the processes and protocols, but do you all really need that? D:
Should be cleared up in BN handbook v2
Stefan
It has been changed since weeks ago iirc.
Sakura
Also, the limit is 9 not 8 (at least it was 9 yesterday and for a few months ago as well)
Secretpipe
I really don't get it guys.

Before , when I opened the beatmap ranked section , I was happy to think "oh hey , there's a new ranked map" and there was some hype when a "special" map was ranked and it was really cool. I was like "I need to try that map in some minutes , that looks great ^^"

Now , there's like 7/8 beatmaps ranked per day fully made with TV Size or Anime stuff and I'm like when opening the Qualified section "oh , there's 8 new anime beatmaps again ? *closes Chrome*

I just wanted that you guys explain me the reason to allow a bigger number of map allowed to be ranked per day. It doesn't make any sense and I highly doubt that a player can play all of those maps everyday.
xxdeathx
Because we need icons to get BN score and now there are so many BN's (and more to come) that they're hitting the cap in their efforts to get icons.
Okoratu
hello I was asked to throw this opinion in here:

Project Railgun wrote:

I agree with Secretpipe in a way. When I joined osu! there used to be about 1 / 2 ranks daily (rarely, if ever 3), which made it pretty cool to get a map ranked. Maps back then also received much more play count than the current maps now, even though the userbase has more than doubled.

Hopefully the website re-design will drive conversion rates and make it easier for players to find maps, etc.
I on the other hand think that that was the whole point of this system: getting more maps ranked/qualified whatever
Natsu
problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
Ichigaki

Natsu wrote:

problem is that you can't rank maps, because this will be always cap with the big amounts of BN, maybe limit icons per user at month?
:(
Kurai

Okoratu wrote:

Project Railgun wrote:

I agree with Secretpipe in a way. When I joined osu! there used to be about 1 / 2 ranks daily (rarely, if ever 3), which made it pretty cool to get a map ranked
And BATs were always getting yelled at because nothing was happening, this has always been the biggest issue with the old system trust me. The community keeps growing everyday, so is the number of mappers. Now imagine how many pages of bubble maps we would have if only 1/2 maps were qualified a day, it'd be chaos. Getting your map ranked is no more a privilige ever since the ranking system has been community-driven, nor is being a BN. You guys should start accepting that :(

If you want to feel special, go win the mapping contests, get your map nominated on monthly charts or improve until you are a fully acclaimed mapper and get dozens of fangirls.

Secretpipe wrote:

I highly doubt that a player can play all of those maps everyday.
You'd be surprised :>
Nyukai

Natsu wrote:

Gotta agree here, I think the same.
Natsu

Ichigaki wrote:

Natsu wrote:

:(
to be honest is this keep in this way maybe we will have like 10 pages of bubbled maps at some point O.O
Cherry Blossom
More miscommunication please.
When people don't know that they are allowed to do things they thought not allowed.
I remember that someone from QAT told me to communicate more with other BNs, but now i really see a reason to avoid communication with other BNs, lol.
HabiHolic

Natsu wrote:

sad.
show more