forum

Current system revision and new system changes

posted
Total Posts
show more
xxdeathx
Yeah, Beatmap Nominator sounds more natural.
Kurokami
Removing color, rename meh. Beatmap Appreciator is lame as it already said a few times. The given example, Beatmap Nominator sounds way better as we mostly nominate maps as you named the "rank" or "qualify" in the op. About the colors, removing them entirely I think its a really bad idea. Yes, we have no difference from being a normal user but being completely colorless can cause misunderstanding for newbies as they can't differentiate a post of "BATs" from a normal modder. To be honest I think no one reads the title itself, most user makes difference by colors. Its even easier to us "BATs" to find previous "BAT" posts in beatmaps threads while searching (for example) after icons. Color us to pink or purple or whatever but being colorless is just meh.
Sonnyc
Changing colors seems realistic imo, but I'll have to read this article first q.q
BeatofIke
MAT color please
/runs
Okoratu

BeatofIke wrote:

MAT color please
/runs
Aren't we basically MATv2
just
without the T
xxdeathx

Kurokami wrote:

Removing color, rename meh. Beatmap Appreciator is lame as it already said a few times. The given example, Beatmap Nominator sounds way better as we mostly nominate maps as you named the "rank" or "qualify" in the op. About the colors, removing them entirely I think its a really bad idea. Yes, we have no difference from being a normal user but being completely colorless can cause misunderstanding for newbies as they can't differentiate a post of "BATs" from a normal modder. To be honest I think no one reads the title itself, most user makes difference by colors. Its even easier to us "BATs" to find previous "BAT" posts in beatmaps threads while searching (for example) after icons. Color us to pink or purple or whatever but being colorless is just meh.
I don't like being completely colorless either but I think his point is that being any color at all will have newbies confusing us for staff.
Stefan

Okoratu wrote:

BeatofIke wrote:

MAT color please
/runs
Aren't we basically MATv2
just
without the T
Nice thing someone finally mentioned it.

Kurokami wrote:

So the CAT doesn't at any time their colour. They don't even have a title at all. But they still bring an important part into osu!. As well the BAT - whetever new or old - does/did. The only difference is that BAT members do not have moderation options anymore for good reasons. None of us here is better because he got this and that colour - just to clarify since it's for some a big deal being orange or black on the webpage. However the point is that what you said

Kurokami wrote:

[...] Yes, we have no difference from being a normal user but being completely colorless can cause misunderstanding for newbies as they can't differentiate a post of "BATs" from a normal modder.
brings the opposite what you're criticize here. for the most people BATs are still these people who ranks - yeah, ranks and not qualify - Beatmaps and being able to silence. I would agree with you above if you guys had no title. But that isn't the case. You have one - which clearly states out what are you doing. People aren't that dumb to be orientated by colours. They are more used to the old BAT's behaviour. And we finally should get rid of it.

xxdeathx wrote:

Since when is the word "Appreciation" or "Appreciatior" a problem?
Kibbleru

Stefan wrote:

xxdeathx wrote:

Since when is the word "Appreciation" or "Appreciatior" a problem?
lol it makes us sound like suck ups :X
Lanturn

BeatofIke wrote:

MAT color please
/runs
I have to agree with Kurokami on this. While I highly support that we aren't 'staff' and we shouldn't be treated as so, having colors to help locate certain users on the fly is extremely helpful. Most of the time when I browse Feature Requests and Technical Support, I never even notice the Chat Moderators because they don't have anything to distinguish themselves with, which is, in my opinion wrong. Being able to identify what position people are in just from a glance is more beneficial to the community. The red name should be removed, but I believe another color should be used. (Purple)

I still don't see why we should be changing the user group from Beatmap Appreciation Team. I mean.. we are still a team right.. and we uh, appreciate beatmaps and stuff. If not, maybe change Team to Group? 3 letter acronyms > 2 letter acronyms since we use "mod" "bat" "qat" all the time for requests.

"Beatmap Nomination Group" / "Beatmap Appreciation Group" ?
Stefan

Lanturn wrote:

If not, maybe change Team to Group? 3 letter acronyms > 2 letter acronyms since we use "mod" "bat" "qat" all the time for requests.

"Beatmap Nomination Group" / "Beatmap Appreciation Group" ?
Believe it or not but I really suggested to change "Team" into "Group". Then they laughed about the abbreviation... Yeah, BAG. D:
Kurokami
To be honest this whole system starts to be much more like old MAT/BAT, just with BA/QAT. I still remember when Loctav said we won't go back to that but it looks like that systems still comes back after all.

Anyway, answering to Stefan. The system changed, the administrator powers removed from BAT and BAT become BA or whatever. Even if you won't touch the red color on forum every user will do not have power to do anything after quite some time. If you change the color of whatever "team" the user will get used of it same if you remove it. But constantly changing it will make users more confused. Don't you think making us colorless makes users think the X title can be earned by x amount of post count? Like Beat Clicker. We need some difference from normal users/modders. Even a bold, colorless name is better than nothing. Or just make the titles to be more easily spotted, currently the same font size used as for the post counter.

By the way, I don't even know who is in the CAT because of that reason. They are there and no one cares about them to be honest.
Okoratu
"Bats are mammals of the order Chiroptera whose forelimbs form webbed wings, making them the only mammals naturally capable of true and sustained flight"
- i guess getting down to earth becoming BAGs isn't such a bad thing
----------------
On a more serious note I don't particularly care about the name it will take only some time to get used to it.

"The Modding Assistance Team, formerly known as the Mapping Assistance Team (and more commonly referred to as the MAT), is a team in charge of bubbling beatmaps. They are easily identifiable by their purple-coloured names." - webarchive of the MAT wikipage

i think they had a reason to color these people differently but that may just be me.

EDIT: just saying that i'm not for going back to MAT or something i'm just saying that the concept of having users like that colored was once considered an ok thing
Kurokami
MATs had no administrator powers (just like us), they got the same choices at answering in a thread. They had nothing special. So the BAT can freely be colored as purple since we are basically the same as the old MAT.
Lust
You all need to understand the concept that we are simulating modding v2; nobody who has the ability to nominate beatmaps for ranking in the future will have a color since they will just be regular modders who have accumulated a certain modder score. We are in no way similar to that of the MAT other than the usage of legacy terms (which I hope will change shortly).
Ayachi-
Lanturn

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

?
holy crap. A purple bat does not look right. XD
Andrea
That's what I was going to say, looks weird. :o

Anyway, if you want to know which people are in the BAT group after the color change, it's quite easy, just check here.
Kurokami
That purple name looks cute. :3

Yeah, modder score based on kudosu count. The base of this system is already bad. Even I was added to this team because of my activity not my quality (said by Loctav). So instead of a quality based team we became a quantity based one. True, thats nowhere similar to the MAT. At least there were some quality.

By the way then what will be special about this subforum? You should just open it up to everyone since as you said we are just normal users with nomination powers. So every user should be able to post here and tell his/her opinion about a certain mapset. Moderators can come and remove unwanted posts as they usually do at every other part of this forum.

No matter how we discuss this, the concept itself is bad. Even the concept of the concept is bad. Luckily I won't be a part of that "new" system since I will drop out due real life job.

Edit (since I saw Andrea's post): I think that page will be removed as well since as its already said many times, we are not a team and we are just normal users with nomination power.
Lust
Lemme break it down for ya

Kurokami wrote:

Yeah, modder score based on kudosu count. The base of this system is already bad. Even I was added to this team because of my activity not my quality (said by Loctav). So instead of a quality based team we became a quantity based one. True, thats nowhere similar to the MAT. At least there were some quality.
This system is more community-driven as opposed to staff-chosen. Maps that will be ranked are the ones the community wants to see. One of the parts of this is indeed a more quantity over quality approach (although the "quality" aspect will be handled by the QATs obviously). The "BAT" as we know it is not longer focused on such attitudes as before.

Kurokami wrote:

By the way then what will be special about this subforum? You should just open it up to everyone since as you said we are just normal users with nomination powers. So every user should be able to post here and tell his/her opinion about a certain mapset. Moderators can come and remove unwanted posts as they usually do at every other part of this forum.
That'll just add on tons of more work for the mods (takes ages for a thread to be archived, even). We work as a sort of beta tester for this new system, so its appropriate to have an exclusive board only we can post on to discuss things. Of course this board will be removed when modding v2 rolls around, since there will be more of a focus on the map's threads or whatever. Plus people can just post on map threads at this point anyway

Kurokami wrote:

Edit (since I saw Andrea's post): I think that page will be removed as well since as its already said many times, we are not a team and we are just normal users with nomination power.
People should still have a list of who has the ability to nominate, just for pestering reasons. Also the way it works now is based off of usergroups, and any usergroup that the public has the ability to access will be listed (that'll change eventually though I guess, the people who have the ability to nominate will get some sort of special list otherwise).
IamKwaN

Loctav wrote:

I think I can enslave Atrue and IamKwaN for some translation
ok

I guess [ S a k u r a ] has done the translation, may need some time for proofreading or correction or something else.
Sonnyc
Why this system was implemented in a user's perspective
New BAT promotion wasn't appearing for 3 months since 2014.5, and active members of the BAT were highly in lack. The system needed a change, and the following image from Aleks719 best describes that situation.

So I basically agree this system being community-driven because that was originally one of the merits of osu!.

However removing the red username from the BATs isn't a good idea considering it's the ONLY reward that current BAT members receive. Also it conflicts with the concept of easy accessible from mappers. If mappers need assistance from an experienced modder, the conventionally best way to ask someone is contacting a colored user, which we call easily accessible. Sure we've got a list of BATs here https://osu.ppy.sh/g/28 , but the need to search for a list is already something hard to access. Actually removing the red color of BAT has a point because BATs are just "normal users who can put on icons" borrowing Loctav's expression, but I'd like to say that rather replacing the color to something else to distinguish from the existing staff members would be more rational.

Also some realistic (in my opinion) suggestions that I can think of:
  1. BAT-QAT Rotation
    I know, QATs are a staff. What I'm saying is the opportunity to becoming an osu! staff should be opened. The criteria of becoming a non-staff BAT has been clearer and relatively easier than the past, but the criteria of becoming a QAT is much more mysterious than being promoted to the previous staff BAT. It's true that there are members inside the BAT who had commited inappropriate behavior that hinders them from being an osu! staff, but that shouldn't halt other users from getting their chance! Considering the QAT is a restricted group with a limited number, doing a rotation seems the most reasonable thing. Also reflecting from the previous MAT-BAT system, this can be a nice motivator to let users behave, and for BATs to improve their modding, or even their activity.

2. Possible osu! Alumni for highly contributed BATs
    osu! Alumnis are normally known as retired staff members, but are actually described as "known for their contributions who have since moved on." Even the current BATs are selected under a half-automated progress, the role by giving icons to maps isn't that different from the main roles that the members of the old XATs have done. tl;dr the weight of the contribution to the osu! community is the same with previous XATs and the current BATs deserve an alumni title. The next step to consider is to whom will it be qualified, like being a BAT for over 2 years, or reaching the monthly BAT ranking #1 for example.
EDIT: Fixed typo
Natsu
wow Sonnyc, to be honest I agree with you in most of your opinions.
Koiyuki
I'm quite agree with Sonnyc.

colored username is easy understood, convenient for mappers to looking for help.
Xinely
I agree with sonnyc either. It would be hard to find BATs or BA when no colour of their name and no list about who are them
Sakura

Lust wrote:

Of course this board will be removed when modding v2 rolls around, since there will be more of a focus on the map's threads or whatever. Plus people can just post on map threads at this point anyway
Afaik the move to this board instead of Trello was because of modding v2.

Sonnyc wrote:

but the criteria of becoming a QAT is much more mysterious than being promoted to the previous staff BAT.
I actually agree with this. 

Sonnyc wrote:

Possible osu! Alumni for highly contributed BATs
This won't be possible.
xxdeathx
You raise some good points Sonnyc, but we don't have the slightest clue how they decide whether somebody can join the staff.
pieguyn

Sonnyc wrote:

Also it conflicts with the concept of easy assessible from mappers. If mappers need assistance from an experienced modder, the conventionally best way to ask someone is contacting a colored user, which we call easily assessible. Sure we've got a list of BATs here https://osu.ppy.sh/g/28 , but the need to search for a list is already something hard to assess.
^this
Mystyk
BATs are not the only people who are "experienced modders", non-BATs might as well be just as experienced (or more experienced) so asking help shouldn't be a problem so I would rather say
"If mappers need assistance from people who are able to nominate maps"
if that's what you meant Sonnyc?
Sonnyc
Partially yes, but getting a colored user will be more credible and less random for general questions if you are a new mapper.
Sieg

xxdeathx wrote:

You raise some good points Sonnyc, but we don't have the slightest clue how they decide whether somebody can join the staff.
do well and they'll find you, this is so obvious

Removing color would be a good step further to moddigv2 and if you not able to find out who are nominators then it most like your beatmap don't need one yet.
Sonnyc
"Don't look for us, we look for you" The golden rule xD
Kyubey
I wonder how will look people that are both BAs and members of GMT.
1) Green nickname and BA title? Looks pretty strange with non-coloured BAs.
2) Green nickname and GMT title? How to identify that they are BAs then?
3) Non-coloured nickname and BA title? But they are strong staff members and should have coloured nickname.
4) Non-coloured nickname and GMT title?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Unfortunately the QAT promotion process is internal and therefore, as all other staff promotion methods, not supposed to be disclosed. We want to underline that rotating the QATs from the BATs is not an option, due to how the promotion process itself works across the entire osu!staff. Moreover, it is very difficult to keep the system reliably running, if you exchange the members of the QAT in a frequent basis. Reliability is an important factor that, no offense to anyone, can not be fulfilled by many of the Beatmap Appreciators here. Anyways, any exchanged QAT comes from the Beatmap Appreciators. So whenever a new QAT is needed, potential candidates are all part of this group.
I also looked into alternative colors, but all my proposals were rejected by the game administration self. Therefore, we are looking into alternatives.

GMTs with BA powers are free to choose what user title they pick, like everyone who has access to multiple titles (e.g. Alumnis and Elite Mapper). Anyways, they all default to a green forum name and the "Beatmap Appreciator" forum title.

Osu!Alumni is no option for long term BAs, because all Alumni are staff members with semi-full access to all staff tools and places. Therefore the same applies here. We are also here looking for some alternative.
Sonnyc
Thanks for a reply for my sloppy suggestion! :3 Glad that you are seeking for alternatives.
Still a Staff Manager getting restricted by the system was too sad T.T

Also I'd like to point out something else regarding the penalty system. Surely BATs make mistakes because they are a human, and they damage BAT score as a penalty. Something similar should be applied to QATs since they can make mistakes because they are also humans, but the current system has nothing defining about a QAT's mistake or any penalties. Some major that QATs can possibly make are the followings:

1. Disqualifying a beatmap unjustly
Assuming QATs go under an internal discussion before doing things, this case won't happen often, but just opening a possibility.

2. Beatmap being disqualified several times
This is the most noticable error that a QAT can make, and is also mentioned in the first post of this thread. True that it's also mainly the fault of BATs who failed to spot the second issue off the original DQ issue, snce this is admitted as a flaw, BATs only getting the penalty felt a little unfair. p/3571581 p/3576668 p/3592246 p/3781725 Regardless of the reason for DQs, observing such a precedent isn't a positive incident for both QAT and BATs.

3. Beatmap getting ranked while having an unrankable issue
I've yet to confront this case, but nobody is responsible if such circumstance happens.

From another perspective, activity assessment is not objective. QATs should be responsible for being active considering they've got only 7 days to check maps in the qualified section, but whether they are really active is quite a questionable stuff.

I'd like to address that I respect all QAT members and I've got no offense; just wanted to point out that QATs are being considered as a flawless team from the current system.
Ephemeral
Perhaps the perceived issues with the QAT can be raised in another thread, lest this one descend into a wild turn of stark irrelevance as such conversations are wont to do from my experience.

Do note, we did say something akin to this would happen when the new system went live.
Deif
Crap that was long...

Spanish

¿Cómo está funcionando el nuevo sistema?

Muchos de vosotros ya lo sabéis. Se está simulando el llamado modding v2. Actualmente hay dos grupos de usuarios: el Beatmap Appreciation Team (o equipo de apreciación de mapas) y el Quality Assurance Team (o equipo para asegurar la calidad). El Beatmap Appreciation Team consiste en usuarios privilegiados con suficiente actividad para recibir las habilidades de nominar mapas (como ya sabes: dando burbuja y calificando).

Cuando se nomina un mapa, se le da el visto bueno para que sea parte de los mapas oficiales de osu! Todo mapa requiere dos nominaciones para ser movido al estado de Calificado (la primera nominación es siempre la burbuja, la segunda nominación es siempre el corazón - aunque ambos están igualmente sopesados). Por eso, tú y tu co-nominador enviáis una solicitud de un mapa específico al staff de osu! para considerar el mapa como "mapa oficial de osu!". A esta solicitud la llamamos "estado Qualified" (o Calificado). Durante este estado, el mapa ya recibe una tabla de puntuaciones. De todas formas, el staff de osu! recibe muchas solicitudes y necesita revisar todos los mapas nominados en caso de que realmente encajen en la lista designada que se desea tener. También se debe supervisar si el mapa fue calificado apropiadamente y si el mapa fue revisado concienciadamente por la comunidad. Aquí es donde los QATs entran en juego.

El Quality Assurance Team is parte del staff de osu!, delegado a revisar las solicitudes enviadas. Miran los mapas y deciden si el mapa está listo o no. Tienen 7 días para revisar el mapa. Pasados esos 7 días sin haber ocurrido nada, el mapa estará Rankeado (¡para siempre!). En caso contrario, el mapa sería "descalificado". Esto no es más o menos que "cancelar las nominaciones y declinar la solicitud".
El QAT está básicamente moderando el sistema. No están designados para oprimir la opinión de la comunidad de mapping, sino para asegurar que todas las solicitudes enviadas son válidas y apropiadas y para que osu! siempre disponga de buen contenido para todos los jugadores (la mayoría sólamente juega mapas Rankeados). Claro que la implicación de una "descalificación" es mala, pero el QAT es libre de rechazar las solicitudes que se le envía.

Cuando hay una descalificación, un castigo es aplicado a los BATs que envían la solicitud por dicho mapa. Esto asegura que todo BAT toma responsabilidad por las nominaciones que envían. Para evitar que los BATs envíen innumerables nominaciones, hemos designado el sistema para revocar la habilidad de nominar mapas cuando muchas nominaciones inválidas hayan sido notificadas. Además, para evitar que la gente se quede en el BAT sin hacer nada, hemos implementado un sistema para revocar las habilidades cuando un BAT decida volverse inactivo. De todas formas, sólo se será degradado cuando se sea más inactivo que activo. Esto quiere decir: si alguien fue activo constantemente hace 2 años y sus nominaciones enviadas fueron de una buena calidad, es libre de volverse inactivo durante 2 meses. Lógicamente decaerá su puntuación en la calificación interna, ¡pero conservará sus habilidades y podrá reincorporarse sin demora después de tanto tiempo de inactividad!

¿Por qué no se considera al Beatmap Appreciation Team como parte del staff (equipo) de osu!?

Considerando cómo se congrega el BAT, ésto es realmente posible. Se tiene que tener en cuenta que básicamente cualquiera puede convertirse en BAT ahora. Para ser miembro del staff, y por consiguiente ser una de las personas que representan osu! en público, se necesita tener más calificaciones que sólo ser un modder activo. Todos apreciamos gratamente las contribuciones que alguien hace para la comunidad, pero hay que entender que el BAT no es parte del staff.

El sistema completo está pensado para ser movido por la comunidad y además moderado. Esto quiere decir que se dejan las tareas de modear y calificar completamente en las manos de la comunidad. Debido al hecho de que cualquiera puede convertirse en BAT si se es suficientemente activo, se puede decir que este sistema está movido por la propia comunidad de mapping y modding, sin ser totalmente dependiente del staff de osu! para llevar un mapa al estado de Calificado.

De todas formas, el sistema está moderado. Esto quiere decir, como en las salas de chat, que aunque la comunidad es libre de hacer lo que le plazca, el staff está supervisando lo que ocurre. El QAT modera todo lo relacionado con la Administración de Mapas e "interfiere cuando algo va mal". Si todo está bien, no ocurrirá nada y todo seguirá funcionando con normalidad.

El sistema tiene gran potencial, que no puede desarrollarse debido a las restricciones actuales que el sistema conlleva consigo. Esto ya comienza con la cuestión de "¿cómo me convierto en BAT?"

¿Y no es todo el mecanismo de los nuevos BATs favorecedor para los amigos en vez de ser movido por la comunidad?

Hay que admitir que lo es. Habiendo planeado hacer un tipo de "pequeño filtro de calidad" con los votos, hay que admitir que ha fracasado estrepitósamente, ya que la mayoría de los votos eran simplemente votos por ser demasiado bueno, favoreciendo a los amigos o votando a gente de la misma región (¡lo cual es natural! ¡es la gente que mejor se conoce!) y dando a los que no se hacían amigos de los BATs una gran desventaja comparados con los que son familiares y conocidos por los BATs.

El sistema de votación es un mero filtro colocado porque el sistema está sostenido manualmente. Realmente el propio sistema está diseñado para ser aplicado en toda la base de usuarios registrados. Esto quiere decir que se comprobaría todo usuario existente que alcance los 1200 puntos de modeo y promocionarlo si los tiene. Pero al sostener manualmente este cálculo por el momento (que será automatizado en un futuro cercano), se necesita algún filtro para decidir "¿a quién hay que comprobar primero?".

Por eso las votaciones son sólo un filtro. Se está considerando cambiar esto (mira abajo), ya que se ha considerado que las votaciones no han estado funcionando como se esperaba. Aunque hay que implementar algo debido a la simple restricción de no ser capaz de comprobar a todo el mundo manualmente.

¿Por qué se nos echa cuando cometemos errores? Somos humanos.

Claro que lo sois. Además no se echa a alguien cuando comete errores. Cualquiera que se echa es capaz de volver a unirse al BAT después de un periodo de descanso. Se puede ver más como desbloquear una habilidad en este juego. Se es libre de unir o de ir, de hacer lo que se quiera. Se paga con la puntuación de BAT por los errores y se gana puntuación de BAT por los intentos exitosos. Cuando se haya roto la barrera crítica de la puntuación, se desbloquearán las habilidades. Cuando se esté por debajo de ella, las habilidades serán bloqueadas de nuevo - pero se podrán volver a desbloquearlas cuando el periodo de descanso se haya terminado (actualmente 3 meses - bastante largo, de hecho).

Además, el pago por los errores es más alto que cuando alguien se acaba de unir al BAT. Esto es algo parecido a una fase de prueba que se aplica a los que se vuelven a unir y a los que se unen por primera vez. Con esto se quiere asegurar que la gente no se quita constantemente por hacer las cosas obviamente mal y luego se vuelve a unir siguiendo haciéndolo - interfiriendo en el completo mecanismo para que funcione correctamente.

Esta cuestión se ve más como un pago por apostar la puntuación en los mapas. Se gana más al ser más exitoso con las apuestas (nominaciones), pero también se pierde algo cuando se falla aquí. De todas formas, se puede modear los mapas que se nominan para evitar apuestas ciegas. Pero hay que mantener una cierta actividad, ya que se ha implementado una disminución de la puntuación en caso de inactividad. La inactividad se castiga más severamente que el cometer errores, así que si se quiere arriesgar algo, probablemente se perderá menos que al no hacer absolutamente nada.

Por supuesto se puede decidir no preocuparse con todo este sistema - y quedarse como un usuario normal que modea de vez en cuando. ¡Es decisión tuya escoger este desafío!

¡Pero no sabemos lo que está bien o lo que está mal! ¡Las acciones de los QAT son demasiado arbitrarias y difíciles de predecir!

Honestamente, se está trabajando en ello. Ya se han empezado a diseñar criterios claros y transparentes para mostrarte como miembro de este reto lo que los QAT están mirando, lo que consideran prohibido (normalmente lo mencionado en los Criterios de Ranking) y lo que dejan pasar y quizá no (y especialmente : de qué depende ésto).

Actualmente los Criterios de Ranking sólo consisten en duras reglas y desactualizadas recomendaciones. Ya que la mayoría de las razones detrás de las recomendaciones y reglas se perdieron con el transcurso de los años, estamos planeando modernizar todas las recomendaciones para ser más explicativas y mostrar por qué existen las recomendaciones y cuáles son los casos que están "bien" y cuáles son los que no están "bien". Se intentará explicar y elaborar, cuándo juzgará el QAT manualmente y a lo que se tendrá que prestar atención. Seguramente algunas de las violaciones de las recomendaciones pueden ser vistas como "subjetivas", pero al menos se tratará de explicar con qué probabilidad esta violación de la recomendación puede causar un problema y especialmente cuándo y por qué puede convertirse en un problema. Se intentará hacerlo más fácil para que se entienda cuándo un mapa viola una recomendación y qué comprobar para asegurar que todo está bien. Para ello, se necesitan modernizar los Criterios de Ranking actuales y extenderlos - y quizá añadir en ellos las declaraciones más "obvias" para mostrar los puntos que los QAT están empezando a juzgar y consultar otros para llegar a un acuerdo si un mapa está bien o no.

Por favor, ten aquí un poco más de paciencia. Hay bastantes sitios en construcción y este gran problema necesita ser resuelto.

¡Pero los QATs están descalificando mapas dos veces causando mayores castigos para más gente!

Ésto es un defecto del sistema de trabajo interno. Cuando el QAT se centra en resolver mapas en el menor tiempo posible (ya que queremos evitar descalificaciones en el último minuto), algunos de ellos han empezado a descalificar a causa de un problema en los metadatos (artista, título,...) y han dejado de chequear el mapa para buscar otros problemas. Actualmente se ha planeado tener como objetivo una descalificación que agrupe todos los problemas que se deben arreglar con la versión actual del mapa. Claro que un mapa puede ser descalificado de nuevo si la versión recalificada tiene nuevos problemas que la versión originalmente calificada no tenía. Pero también se quiere centrar a partir de ahora en evitar múltiples descalificaciones por motivos que ya estaban presentes en la versión calificada originalmente - ¡incluso en los otros modos de juego!

¿De dónde vienen todos los malentendidos sobre el nuevo sistema?

Son frecuentemente causados por dos cosas diferentes: las restricciones actuales causadas por el mantenimiento manual y el uso de los antiguos términos para conservar el legado.
Honestamente, nombrar al BAT como "BAT" fue un gran error, ya que estaba implicando que el BAT es todavía lo que solía ser (staff de osu!, moderadores, gente elevada cuya opinión tenía un gran impacto, etc.) y que se ha empezado a oprimir con el establecimiento de un cargo más alto con el QAT, causando un enorme malentendido. Para evitar mayor confusión, también se ha planeado cambiar esto (mira abajo). Además, usar los términos "burbuja", "corazón" y "explotar burbuja" fueron mayormente planeados para hacer familiarizar a todo el mundo más rápidamente con el nuevo sistema. Realmente se implicó demasiado el antiguo sistema, cubriendo los cambios actuales y lo que está conectado a ellos.
Debido a las restricciones del mantenimiento manual y a la falta de un ranking apropiado y de criterios de calidad (los cuales están bajo desarrollo para mayor transparencia), todo se ha sentido arbitrario y el BAT sólo se sintió oprimido, abusado, esclavizado y desechable. Todo lo que se intenta hacer es abrir el completo proceso de calificación a la comunidad entera, dejando a todos decidir lo que debería ser nominado y lo que no. De todas formas, el BAT necesita pasar por la revisión de calidad del QAT - lo cual es extensamente desconocido - lo cual se planea cambiar ahora. Con esto se pretende que todo el mundo vea claramente el camino que deben seguir, para que nada sea visto como arbitrario o aleatorio.

¿Por qué no me puedo retirar del Beatmap Appreciation Team?

Así no está diseñado el sistema. Modding v2 implica que se desbloquean las habilidades y se pierden de nuevo en caso de inactividad o no actuar con suficiente calidad. Al igual que no alguien no se puede retirar de los rankings de osu! Standard y devolver todos los "performance points" (PP), tampoco se puede retirar del BAT y devolver toda la puntuación de BAT y kudosus y empezar de cero de nuevo. Claro, alguien se puede retirar al volverse inactivo. Se es libre de dejar de nominar mapas y también de dejar de modear cuando se quiera. Se retirará a alguien del BAT automáticamente debido a la pérdida de puntuación de BAT. Claro que se avisará antes de que esto ocurra, pero será en su mayoría automáticamente y sólo una última advertencia para que la gente no se olvide y se sorprenda cuando pierdan sus habilidades repentinamente.
Pero no se aceptan peticiones de abandono ya que se puede abusar de ellas fácilmente. Además, debido al mantenimiento manual del sistema, se incrementa la carga de trabajo extraordinariamente si se empiezan a aceptar peticiones de abandono - especialmente cuando hay más y más y más y más BATs.

¿Qué se planea cambiar ahora?

1. Lo primero, para evitar toda la confusión, se quitará el nombre rojo del BAT en los foros. Seguramente parezca que se quite la recompensa de todo el esfuerzo. Desafortunadamente, el color rojo ha causado muchos malentendidos al pensar que los BATs eran miembros del staff de osu!, los BATs se sentían oprimidos y todavía separados de la base de usuarios. Se quita el color para reintegrar el BAT en la comunidad normal de modding y en la base de usuarios y para hacer claro que vosotros, los BATs, sois usuarios normales y que el completo sistema está conducido por la comunidad. Estos cambios se aplicarán unos días después de haber abierto este hilo.
  2. De todas formas, conservaréis un título en los foros como recompensa y distinguida diferencia dentro de los foros. Ya que el BAT no está designado como un "equipo", se quitará la "T" del nombre del grupo, renombrándose como los Beatmap Appreciators (o "apreciadores de mapas") y nombrando a todo el mundo como "Beatmap Appreciator" (o "apreciador de mapas"). ¡Esto es para distanciarse de los términos del antiguo legado y para hacer claro que los Beatmap Appreciators no son lo que el antiguo BAT solía ser! Estos cambios se aplicarán unos días después de haber abierto este hilo.
  3. Se espera recompensar a los Beatmap Appreciators de alguna otra forma. Un color en los foros ha sido considerado sólamente apropiado para el staff de osu! - y además confunde a los nuevos jugadores. Se pretende comunicar claramente quién es un miembro oficial de osu! y quién es un ayudante voluntario pero además un usuario normal. Ésto es de mayor importancia, ya que se prefiere recompensar a los ayudantes con títulos de usuario y a los miembros del staff con colores, separándolos en colores diferentes según sus diferentes campos de trabajo. Ya que no se puede decir definitivamente qué recompensas se pueden dar, no se harán falsas promesas - ¡pero se está trabajando activamente en ello!
  4. Se modernizarán los Criterios de Ranking y se establecerán unos Criterios de Calidad que vendrán del QAT. Esto es para asegurar que cada Beatmap Appreciator tenga en cuenta lo que el QAT está mirando y lo que tiene que prestar especialmente atención. Necesita ser más predecible a lo que se tiene que prestar especialmente atención y lo que depende de la decisión propia. ¡Por supuesto se necesitan mantener los criterios propios altos! Por ello, sólo se pueden dar recomendaciones en diferentes "zonas grises" (que no están completamente cubiertas con las reglas/recomendaciones) para que se tenga en consideración antes de nominar cualquier mapa.
  5. Se añadirán artículos para todas las reglas y recomendaciones de los Criterios de Ranking y se elaborará cada regla y recomendación en detalle con "¿por qué existe esto?" y "¿por qué no funcionan otros casos?". Además se deben explicar las recomendaciones por calidad y rankeabilidad en detalle con "¿cómo funciona esta recomendación?" y "¿cuándo funciona un mapa incluso cuando una recomendación ha sido violada?". Esto es un gran proyecto y seguro que se necesitará también de vuestra ayuda para ello. ¡Toda colaboración es gratamente apreciada!
  6. Se cambiará de un sistema de nominaciones de BAT a solicitudes de BAT. Se pretenden abrir las solicitudes de BAT en la última semana de cada mes durante 7 días. Esto podrá resultar en una mayor cantidad de gente a chequear - y no se va a implementar un pre-filtro para este método. Pero se quitará el proceso de votaciones completamente, ya que perjudica especialmente a la gente no tan social o a la gente con barreras de lenguaje. Las solicitudes de BAT se anunciarán cuando llegue el momento y todo esté preparado. Para este mes, se considerarán por última vez las votaciones de los BATs nuevos y entonces se cambiará al sistema de solicitudes.
  7. Se revisarán las reglas de los BATs y se reescribirán los documentos para vosotros. Están desactualizados y las reglas son confusas. Además se quieren clarificar las reglas no escritas y que en realidad son erróneas (ej. "si el mapa es descalificado, los mismos Beatmap Appreciators no pueden recalificarlo" - ésto no es cierto. Cualquiera puede recalificar cualquier mapa. A nadie le importa. Sólo se arriesgaría la puntuación de BAT una vez más en caso de que el mapa se descalificara de nuevo - ¡eso es sólo decisión tuya!).
Todo lo demás se mantendrá.

Added into the translations post already!
Gero
I was translating that as well anyways @Deif you're faster than me.
Stefan

Kurokami wrote:

But constantly changing it will make users more confused. Don't you think making us colorless makes users think the X title can be earned by x amount of post count?
If you talk about the colour of the BAT iirc this hasn't been changed for years and people got used by it. Active modder and mapper will read this or hear about the changes. Newer users probably won't be involved that the BA was previously the BAT with a orange colour and therefore that doesn't bother them really. Of course it will be a bit unclearer to identify BAT members because of the colour - like said. But that is with literally everything in this world: people need time to get used by something new.[/quote]

Kurokami wrote:

By the way, I don't even know who is in the CAT because of that reason. They are there and no one cares about them to be honest.
I'd wish they get their title for final.. I don't know how long it takes.
Nyukai
Rip red name >:
Sakura
It happened now
show more