forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Quichey
The files to edit would be fruit-bananas and fruit-bananas-overlay.
OsuMe65
No. Not those 2. He meant the hitsound of the bananas.
Quichey
Not finding any files in the default skin that sound like the bananas, which is leading me to assume they are not modifiable. I've also tried changing all of the default sounds (reversed every one so they sound weird) and that didn't change bananas as well...
Ayesha Altugle
metronomelow.wav (also used in editor [timing tab])
deadbeat

something is clearly wrong. i already have version: 2.3 in my skin.ini. anything else i should try?
Quichey
Your taiko-drum image sizes should be 90x200 (180x400 @2x) otherwise alignment issues will hate you.

edit: fixed
Haskorion

Quiesce wrote:

Your taiko-drum image sizes should be 90x200 (180x400 @2x), otherwise alignment issues will hate you.
corrected for you.
try to align them with the taiko-drum-left. and don't change the canvas size (or cut out transparent pixels).
deadbeat
sweet, cheers
9000rpm
Currently combining a lot of elements and editing them from some of my favorite skins, but I came upon this when I changed the HP bar:

How do I get rid of that strange element at the end of the HP bar? What's the filename? Thanks in advance.
Mathsma
nrl
Anyone know if the target practice targets are skinnable?
Violent Rime

Ayatori wrote:

Currently combining a lot of elements and editing them from some of my favorite skins, but I came upon this when I changed the HP bar:

How do I get rid of that strange element at the end of the HP bar? What's the filename? Thanks in advance.
that's thing name scorebar-ki, kidanger & kidanger2 like Mathsma said and for how to get rid that thing just extract this file and move to your skin folder

Narrill wrote:

yes and the name of file is "selection-mod-target".

Anyway i have a question here:
> "@2x"??? what is this??
> is taiko font (taiko.ttf) still work?
> How to change the big circle in the main menu osu!
> Can i move my score-0~9, combo counter, and skip button to the front scorebar-bg?
Chaoslitz

Violent Rime wrote:

Narrill wrote:

Anyway i have a question here:
> "@2x"??? what is this??
> is taiko font (taiko.ttf) still work?
> How to change the big circle in the main menu osu!
> Can i move my score-0~9, combo counter, and skip button to the front scorebar-bg?
@2x is size double from the original one, which is for HD skinning
nope the osu!menu can not be skinned now
You can't move that I think ._.
Violent Rime

Chaoslitz wrote:

oh i see, well how about taiko font?
Chaoslitz

Violent Rime wrote:

Chaoslitz wrote:

oh i see, well how about taiko font?

If you mean this one
then yes it still can use
Violent Rime

Chaoslitz wrote:

If you mean this one
then yes it still can use
wow haha thank you for the fast answer :D
OsuMe65

Violent Rime wrote:

Narrill wrote:

The Target Practice mod's TARGETS aren't skinnable as "selection-mod-target.png". Skinning those targets aren't possible.
nrl
I thought not, but wasn't sure.
bosmen5
ktoś wie może czemu mi dźwięki prawidłowo nie działają ?
mam wgrane rożne dźwięki ale jak jednego brakuje (mam własne) to ten jeden co go brak, jest oryginalny z osu
i sie dzieje tak że jak gram to te dźwięki się same w sobie mieszają .-.
czyli nie są stałe i ten jeden dźwięk robi tak że np, on jest pod normal hit, potem się miesza i idzie pod slider , potem pod spinera...
wkurza to
poza tym, świetnie się robi skiny ale dźwięki denerowją strasznie .-.
ktoś ma jakąś rade to tego ?
dws123

bosmen5 wrote:

ktoś wie może czemu mi dźwięki prawidłowo nie działają ?
mam wgrane rożne dźwięki ale jak jednego brakuje (mam własne) to ten jeden co go brak, jest oryginalny z osu
i sie dzieje tak że jak gram to te dźwięki się same w sobie mieszają .-.
czyli nie są stałe i ten jeden dźwięk robi tak że np, on jest pod normal hit, potem się miesza i idzie pod slider , potem pod spinera...
wkurza to
poza tym, świetnie się robi skiny ale dźwięki denerowją strasznie .-.
ktoś ma jakąś rade to tego ?
ummm. english please?
deadbeat
oh right, not sure if you all know about this yet, but i'd suggest reading this blog, covers some mania.ini stuff http://smgi.me/?p=170
might find it helpful :3
OsuMe65
I see smoog's idea. Might test it sooner or later.
bokufizi
can you explain with me more details about upload skin to osu! skinning forum and what must i do after upload my skin to puush ?
i'm a newbie about skinning and i got nothink to do.
Elzapatoverde

deadbeat wrote:

oh right, not sure if you all know about this yet, but i'd suggest reading this blog, covers some mania.ini stuff http://smgi.me/?p=170
Nice, it makes me want to reinstate mania on my skins.
Chaoslitz

If anyone knows the name of this font? >w<
TouchFluffyTail

deadbeat wrote:

My excitement is intensifying.
IA42
can anyone tell me where to get this ranking letter?
waaiiru

IA42 wrote:

can anyone tell me where to get this ranking letter?
originally made by "someone" i know but you can get it from here https://www.mediafire.com/?ak9kibcy2nhyc42
Noffy
How do I change the glow color that appears when completing a spinner? I've tried changing the spinner-glow.png color to match the rest of my skin as a test, but the glow is still the same blue color? Was spinner-glow.png for something else? Is there a different image that's related to the blue glow?

EDIT: I'm dumb, so apparently it recolors whatever I have as the spinner-glow.png to blue and flashes to the original color. Is there any way to make it not color to blue?
Serendipity
Hey guys,

Apologize for my english, its not my native language at all, thanks.

I started a previous thread yesterday about my problem > you can find it there : t/243809

I'm using a skin that i do really enjoy, but there's no numbers on the hitcircles and as a beginner i get in troubles when it's the time for some weird square patterns. I did try to follow the answer made by ClothCurtain, but it seems i'm doing it wrong.

I did open the right files into my photo editor (e.g gimp) and i tried an absolute basic move to make the numbers appear.

The result is ... :

Wich is not what i was looking for.. at all :D.

I have no knowledge about gfx things or even drawing...

Anyone may help me realise it ? (advices or some try)
Rio-

Lust69400 wrote:

Hey guys,

I started a previous thread yesterday about my problem > you can find it there : t/243809

I'm using a skin that i do really enjoy, but there's no numbers on the hitcircles and as a beginner i get in troubles when it's the time for some weird square patterns. I did try to follow the answer made by ClothCurtain, but it seems i'm doing it wrong.

I did open the right files into my photo editor (e.g gimp) and i tried an absolute basic move to make the numbers appear.

The result is ... :

Make the Picture transparent (no white background) and save as *.png
Garygoh884

Lust69400 wrote:

Hey guys,

The result is ... :

It'll be done by removing the white background in hitcircleoverlay.png, ie. by using a transparent image.

To make a transparent image, create a new image (CTRL-N), then open up Advanced Options, and lastly change the "Fill with" dropdown value to Transparency. Define the size in any way you want but not too big, then hit OK. You can save your created image afterwards.
Serendipity
Ok thanks i'll try it !

Edit :

Seems it's not working or i did it wrong. I used Photoshop, Ctrl N new image 150x150, then Image>transparency. Saving and replacing the file as hitcircleoverlay.png in the osu!skin/skinname folder.

RESULT >

It gives me this ... :

its like it removed the other circles (those u can find usually on the sliders begin > end) and not the white square.

Here are the only files that i have used (the ones with a blue star icon) :

Do i have to use the other hitcircle images (the ones i ve put into the red square) ?

I want the skin to look like the original with the numbers. :

OsuMe65
Are you saving it as a .jpg file?
Serendipity
No they are all .png

Could be an issue due to .ini file?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Are you sure that you are saving as png WITH option to "Save transparency"?
And no, it's a problem with images.
Serendipity
I guess yes because the new image i created at first was a square white 150x150. And after transparency + save it appears full Black as "mini-icon" in the folder. But when i open it with any image browser, it is completely white on white.

i also asked about skin.ini file because there's a value > HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0

Not sure if it is related thought.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Like I said it must be problem with images.

Lust69400 wrote:

HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0
Makes "default-x" numbers to appear above/below hitcircleoverlay.

Can you screenshot save options that you have set for png files?
Serendipity
I don't have the "save options" anywhere so i uploaded the file i've created. But when i open it with photofiltre again, it shows a square with a sort of grid and ppl told me this grid is transparency...

Here is the file : http://www.mediafire.com/view/zz90awj2e ... verlay.png
DeletedUser_4041880
Can you give me the skin? I'll see if I can fix it

EDIT: Nvm, found the unedited skin. I'll make it so that the hit circles don't have the white dot in the middle as well as add numbers. They'll look the same as yours so don't worry. I'll edit this post when I'm finished

EDIT2: The centering of some numbers bugged the living hell out of me so I tried to eyeball some things. Tell me if you want them all centered rather than me placing the numbers wherever. Also if you want another font rather than Arial and a different color, just let me know. Click Here
show more