forum

Fuwa Candy v1.2 [Standard | Mania | CTB]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TouchFluffyTail

This is a touched up version of my personal skin that I've been using and editing for around two years at this point, I spent around three or so days touching it up so it could be released. I hope people like it. ;)

v1.2 release 5-July-2014
  1. Added lifebar animation
  2. Added menu-button-background
  3. Changed ranking-panel 300 display
  4. Changed ranking-panel box widths

v1 release 12-June-2014
Featureset v1
  1. Full gameplay skins for Standard, Mania, Catch the Beat
  2. Full menu skin
  3. Hitsounds
  4. Full mod Icons
  5. SD and HD (skin was made for @2x, SD is just legacy and is not held to the same visual standard as HD)

Screenshots

Puush ate all the screenshots

v1.2 Download
Download
- Tenryuu -
Nice skin! :)
Haskorion
Nice skin. Looks very clean and shiny with the effects on the images.

Some improvement suggestions.

Maybe you can change the ranking panel a bit. The boxes don't really fit the numbers so they go out of them. Check a high combo score or a score with 100m+ score and a SS score, you will see they don't really fit and by how much you have to widen them.
Also remove the hit300's from the panel you can still hide them in gameplay with using an animated blank 1x1 hit300-0 and having normal hit300 that will show on the ranking panel. The ranking panel uses the static one for the count. Reasoning: You also have mania and ctb skinned and the hit300's will probably be seen under the fruits and mania hits.

Also I would have liked to see a menu-button-background in the style of the other buttons. the default one doesn't really fit in that.
You forgot hit0. D:
sliderpoint10 and sliderpoint30 won't ever show up on V2+ skins. no need to have them.
Regarding particles particle50 and particle100 are missing or at least make blank ones. I don't know if one particle wil make all hitbursts appear behind the circles or only for that hits. I personally wouldn't need an indicator if I hit a 300 with particles since combo won't drop nor hear combobreak.

Nice idea with the play-unranked, but not sure it it will fit on other ratios especially 4:3.

Feel free to ignore them, but the skin would surely look better like this.
_sparky_
ctb needs some work:

when she goes to the right it doesnt look right like
kinda like a moonwalk you know?
Topic Starter
TouchFluffyTail
All feedback is welcome. ;)

ReddScorn wrote:

Nice skin. Looks very clean and shiny with the effects on the images.

Some improvement suggestions.

Maybe you can change the ranking panel a bit. The boxes don't really fit the numbers so they go out of them. Check a high combo score or a score with 100m+ score and a SS score, you will see they don't really fit and by how much you have to widen them.
Due to infrequency of 100m+ scores I'd rather have a discrepancy than large empty space on the sides during more reasonable 1-20m scores. As far as the 100% accuracy not fitting the box; osu anchors the numbers on the ranking panel from the left, meaning you can't centre the boxes well, again I'd rather have the discrepancy for now rather than have it not be aligned in the more common <100% range.

ReddScorn wrote:

Also remove the hit300's from the panel you can still hide them in gameplay with using an animated blank 1x1 hit300-0 and having normal hit300 that will show on the ranking panel. The ranking panel uses the static one for the count. Reasoning: You also have mania and ctb skinned and the hit300's will probably be seen under the fruits and mania hits.
I had forgotten about this, will change in the future.

ReddScorn wrote:

Also I would have liked to see a menu-button-background in the style of the other buttons. the default one doesn't really fit in that.
I'm generally not a fan of skinning menu-button-background but it will be in consideration for updates.

ReddScorn wrote:

You forgot hit0. D:
I like the default hit0, I'll consider maybe messing with it in the future.

ReddScorn wrote:

sliderpoint10 and sliderpoint30 won't ever show up on V2+ skins. no need to have them.
I've had them blank for so long I didn't realize this.

ReddScorn wrote:

Regarding particles particle50 and particle100 are missing or at least make blank ones. I don't know if one particle wil make all hitbursts appear behind the circles or only for that hits. I personally wouldn't need an indicator if I hit a 300 with particles since combo won't drop nor hear combobreak.
If you replace hit50 hit100(k) or hit300(k) osu won't use a particle file for the hit unless you place one specifically. Invisible 300s with a spark and no spark on 100 or 50 is a deliberate design choice.

ReddScorn wrote:

Nice idea with the play-unranked, but not sure it it will fit on other ratios especially 4:3.
Fundamental issue with how osu renders things like pause-overlay and fail-overlay. I don't really like offering a bunch of addons for specific aspect ratios at the moment. I wanted to get a release out since I've been sitting on it for awhile.

_sparky_ wrote:

ctb needs some work:

when she goes to the right it doesnt look right like
kinda like a moonwalk you know?
I dunno. I've always liked having it be backwards, but I don't really play CTB. :o
Ayesha Altugle
I swear I saw the sliderb somewhat awhile back in skinning support thread?
Topic Starter
TouchFluffyTail

vahn10 wrote:

I swear I saw the sliderb somewhat awhile back in skinning support thread?
Yes, because I made a post with it, because it's mine. :P
Ayesha Altugle
The thing is like you removed the "AllowSliderBallTint" line in skin.ini. without those quotes ofc
Topic Starter
TouchFluffyTail
Small update, see first post.
Xiaolin
I've seen that cursor ones in a skin before ~
-Chelly

- Tenryuu - wrote:

Nice skin! :)
:D
CaramelChoco_old
love this! Downloading... ;3
Xilaax
I love it! :)
Seijiro
Is there a word to describe this skin besides "awesome"?

I don't think so :3

Fabulous job :)
khica
omgz! im absolutely in love with this skin so kawaii ~

LukaXGAMErs
I love it! So cute!
Kwinii_old
Oh my god, lovely. I just got all your skins lol. Keep making more pls I'll dl them all *u*
Kaito-kun
like the skin, but on mania, I find the lighting animation annoying as hell.
Otherwise, awesome skin

Edit: Nevermind, you just need to get used to it.
Arief Santosa
very very love it D:
babble4
This comment has been edited due to the fact it was horribly cringy .

Please excuse my use of "emoticons" , as you can see from down below

Thanks .
show more