forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Tom94

Riince wrote:

im wondering why some people lost PP

http://ask.fm/Tom94/answer/116146691278#_=_

This led me to believe it wouldn't happen.
There is only a very, very tiny fraction of people who lost pp. The whole thing has to keep balance to some degree, though, so it's not entirely unavoidable.
Vuelo Eluko

Tom94 wrote:

Riince wrote:

im wondering why some people lost PP

http://ask.fm/Tom94/answer/116146691278#_=_

This led me to believe it wouldn't happen.
There is only a very, very tiny fraction of people who lost pp. The whole thing has to keep balance to some degree, though, so it's not entirely unavoidable.
eh. both me and my friend both lost pp i havent checked with my other friends but the fraction cant be that tiny if the one random friend i was talking to also had it happened. Probabilities.

Either way it was very minor [5 for me, 4 for him], but there will definitely be threads complaining :cry: you underestimate the # of people abusingplaying super short maps to artificially inflate their rank like me
tfg50
I gained 28 pp and I have quite a few DT farmed scores (some long ones some short ones). I don't think there will be lots of people complaining.
Genki1000
From what I see, most people who lost ranks have songs like

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/380646?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/147365?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109570

in their top plays.

I lost 4pp but gained accuracy, so I'm guessing Granat got pushed down for me.
jesse1412
Long or spaced streams still overrated, fast streams still underrated.
Maxis
Personally I went up 9pp, whereas my tops are fairly varied in length but most are around 1-2min.

My friend went down, though all of his tops are under 1 minute, so I'm pretty sure the pp reduction would only happen if you have really short tops.

brb going to FC unforgiving
Gritoit

Maxis wrote:

Personally I went up 9pp, whereas my tops are fairly varied in length but most are around 1-2min.

My friend went down, though all of his tops are under 1 minute, so I'm pretty sure the pp reduction would only happen if you have really short tops.

brb going to FC unforgiving
Taking a guess that it is songs under 1:30 since I lost 4 pp and do not have any under 1 min in my top 10.
ivan
x
manjumochi

Tom94 wrote:

I lost :(
I never have luck on pp recalculations.
Novixion
I gained around 60 pp but i lost around 100 ranks D: RIP

Well, I've also always lost ranks on pp updates cause I got no accuracy.
B1rd
so longer songs give more pp now? is this why Snow- brick or whatever his name is is now #1?---

oh wait, sayo is now no. 1 again. huh.
lenkki-rastas
Lost PP when improving accuracy on my 2 DT scores?
Yes, I know it's still recalculating but the amount that I improved was about 1,4% on both of those maps
Vuelo Eluko
more misses = less reward
if you fc'd but lost pp you probably lost it from the algorithm change and it just now updated.
pielak213
I think you overdid it Tom. This seems like it's worth too much https://osu.ppy.sh/b/335628?m=0

Hidden still overated, flashlight still underated
GoldenWolf

pielak wrote:

I think you overdid it Tom. This seems like it's worth too much https://osu.ppy.sh/b/335628?m=0
yo
silmarilen
someone go get 99.5% acc and break 500pp with an hd hr score pls
Novixion
Is the length scaling based on combo or drain time?

I noticed 4D got a huge buff but what about Kokou no Sousei and similar maps?
Vuelo Eluko

Novixion wrote:

# of circles.
jesse1412

Novixion wrote:

Their issue isn't map length, it's spacing bonuses for fast singles.
silmarilen

Riince wrote:

Novixion wrote:

# of circles.
# of hitobjects*
Nyxa

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overrated, >>>flashlight still underrated<<<
Whoever says that flashlight is easy if you know the map should shoot themselves.
It's the hardest mod in the game and deserves to be treated as such.
-GN
Who plays FL for pp anyway? It's so ball-bustingly hard to pull off anything above 250pp that it's not worth it in any case. FL is played for interesting scores, not to get points for it, since anyone who wanted the latter would find more effective ways to get it than playing a single map 200 times to get some high rank.

It could probably use a small buff, just to make the FL scores stand even taller compared to HD/nomod plays, but other than that I don't get the point, honestly.
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko

Ivan wrote:

this game would be more fun if you could rank up constantly, i feel that ppv2 is only for pros since u can only get god pp if ur a pro :P

Im hoping for more buffs in other mods to gain pp like doubletime :P way too stressful if u cant play anything
of course you need to be good to get ranks, how would it be fair if you could get there without being better or equal to the the "pro" people? That's just a ludicrous thing to complain about...

play more hr and use it on harder maps [maps too hard for dt] and you will get comparable PP to DT. If you couldn't, there wouldn't be HDHR players on the top 10... something else worth noting is freedom dive nomod gives more pp than every single sayo dt score
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko
its just a silly suggestion the whole reason ppv1 was removed was to get rid of farming so you couldn't just play all the maps and get ranks without setting impressive scores. It's a step backwards really.
ivan
x
Vuelo Eluko
im not mad at you wtf :?
GoldenWolf

Ivan wrote:

i think ppv2 is just farming too
Tell me how ppv2 is at least equally farming based compared to ppv1.
ivan
x
XxPIELAK_FANxX

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overated, flashlight still underated
very true it would seem
Zare
I've got a question about aim pp/stars

How exactly does CS affect it?
let's assume we have a 200 BPM jump map that has a certain "base" aim difficulty defined by the speed and spacing of the jumps
Now we have CS4 on this map and we get the star rating 5.2 or something
What exactly in the calculation changes when we switch to CS5 or higher (e.g. HR) now?

As it seems now higher CS only gives a linear, minor boost to the base difficultym which woule explain why it is so underrated when it actually adds a lot to the difficulty
Drezi
As far as I know the whole map is scaled up so that CS becomes the same, and the distances get bigger. It's pretty fair imo, since you can do this on your own anyway - you can play with bigger hitcircles but bigger distances too by increasing your osu resolution.
NixXSkate
Whenever there's a pp update, there really needs to be a refresh in rankings. It's extremely annoying trying to aim for pp scores to get my rank back to where it was, then losing ranks when I get a high pp score.
Vuelo Eluko
play a map you havent played to easily set a new score and refresh your rank
personally i play a tv size [Easy] with nofail doubletime and wave my cursor around for 50 seconds and bam update
NixXSkate

Riince wrote:

play a map you havent played to easily set a new score and refresh your rank
personally i play a tv size [Easy] with nofail doubletime and wave my cursor around for 50 seconds and bam update
It doesn't work unless everyone's refreshed already.
silmarilen
afaik it does update, it just takes a couple of days because of the amount of people/scores it has to update
lenkki-rastas

Tess wrote:

pielak wrote:

Hidden still overrated, >>>flashlight still underrated<<<
Whoever says that flashlight is easy if you know the map should shoot themselves.
It's the hardest mod in the game and deserves to be treated as such.
ayy lmaoo
Avena

Drezi wrote:

As far as I know the whole map is scaled up so that CS becomes the same, and the distances get bigger. It's pretty fair imo, since you can do this on your own anyway - you can play with bigger hitcircles but bigger distances too by increasing your osu resolution.
No, it doesn't scale to it.. Resolution and Circle Size don't actually relate to each other.
I agree with Zare, I made a few CS5 jump maps and their star rating is absurdly low compared to the actual difficulty due to the circle size being underrated.
pielak213

Priti wrote:

I agree with Zare, I made a few CS5 jump maps and their star rating is absurdly low compared to the actual difficulty due to the circle size being underrated.
You're just not used to cs5. Every map that comes out these days are either cs4 or cs5. You're so accustomed to it that anything 5 or higher is small to you. After I learned to play cs6.5 I think the star rating is actually balanced. The difficulty is mostly from just keeping a full combo on a long map with small circles..
show more