forum

osu! Community Localisation Project

posted
Total Posts
show more
nomen
Updated Latvian to 100%
tiper
Fixed some russian stuff. I had to do that because my eyes were bleeding.
Leeg
Does anybody know how to fix this? Lines are overlapping.

Topic Starter
peppy
For now, please make the lines shorter.
hoLysoup
added a few more translations + edits here and there for chinese traditional
Niva
Ah, I wonder if this is intentional? The string is same as Options_Online_ChatIgnoreList_Tooltip's first sentence, it results in this anyway (shown while typing /help) :

XPJ38
So this feature has been implemented in the test build:

Apparently, FunSpoiler_BackgroundDim, FunSpoiler_Storyboard, FunSpoiler_Skin and FunSpoiler_Hitsounds are now used twice: in the visual settings popup and in the options menu.

Could it be possible to have seperate strings for both of these locations? One in the singular form for the VS and the other in the plural form for the options menu. Right now, it sounds weird in some languages to have the singular form used in the options menu while all of the beatmaps are concerned by the toggles.
Topic Starter
peppy
Added beatmap import strings.

@XPJ38 sure, done.
XPJ38
Great, thanks!
Also, you forgot to use FunSpoiler_Dim_Tooltip for this string here under the Graphics tab:

Btw, I suppose that "(maximum limit: {1}%)" in FunSpoiler_Dim_Tooltip isn't useful anymore now that everybody can dim BGs at 100%?
Topic Starter
peppy
Will fix that later.
tiper
Updated some russian localisation again. Looks a bit better.
- Marco -
Translated something in italian.
tiper
Will there be a possibility to translate some editor stuff? I know that some players can't deal with english language in it.
XPJ38
Just mentioning that Options_Graphics_Storyboards has been changed from "Show Storyboards" to "Storyboards" because of its new location in the options menu:

(the change has been not reflected yet)
Topic Starter
peppy
Yep, was hoping someone would catch that ;).

tiper wrote:

Will there be a possibility to translate some editor stuff? I know that some players can't deal with english language in it.
Eventually. At the moment, no one else is helping with the code side of localising, so it's up to me to fit in amongst the 10 billion other responsibilities I have. We'll get there eventually.
tiper
Ok-ok. Good luck with it.
Avishay
I've started transalting Hebrew and I'll do as much as I can until I finish :)
Edit : Done with the first 41, I'll continue later
Card N'FoRcE
I did a full revision of the italian translation (fixing a lot of silly mistakes), completing it (game tab only) up to today's strings.
Leeg
Regarding this string
[Line 545] Online:

Am I the only one having problems to make this string fit in my language? I believe it would be much easier if there were two different strings: one that is shown when YOU log in and displays all your friends who are ALREADY playing, and another one which is shown when a FRIEND has just logged in.
XPJ38
I don't see any problem with it. You can use another word if needed, like "Connected:" / "Disconnected:" like I did in French.
Leeg
Yes, I've tried different things such as that one, but then the problem is gender and number, which don't match.

There are a lot of languages in the table which have left "online / offline" untranslated... guess I am not the only one having problems with that. I could do the same, but then I don't see the point of having that string available for translation.
XPJ38
I had the same problem but I made sure to combine singular/plural in a single word: "connecté" (sing.) and "connectés" (plur.) give "connecté(s)"; masculine by default but it's possible to add the feminine genre in a similar fashion.

Don't know if it is feasible in Spanish though, I just want to provide some way to bypass the problem :<
Meikyuuiri Tsumi
Updated Croatian.
Winshley
Regarding "BeatmapImport_DetectedNewMapsAdded" and "BeatmapImport_DetectedMapsRemoved", I thought it would make more sense if there's a colon, becoming "Detected: new maps added" and "Detected: maps removed" instead of "Detected new maps added" and "Detected maps removed". What do you guys think?

(I know that they actually are the same, but as a non-native-English-speaker I initially find both string a bit confusing without colon)
Leeg
That "detected" is a modifier for "new maps". If you place a colon there, you are changing the whole sense of that string.

Detected new maps added. (all the maps which have been detected by osu! have been added)
tiper
Minor fix for two lines which were overlapping another ones because of long length of some russian words.
thanhbinhlab
Update some vietnamese translation. -=My2ndAngelic=-
- Marco -
peppy, these can't be translated, just thinking...
XPJ38
They can't be because they are not plain text but images.
- Marco -

XPJ38 wrote:

They can't be because they are not plain text but images.
Well can't i modify these image or something... i want to full translate osu! ^^
Avishay
Updated Hebrew and made 25% progress :3
Sorry for not updating, I forgot about it.
nomen
Made some translations shorter for Latvian so strings don't overlap.
Also I'm curious why it says "latviešu valoda (latvian language)" and not "Latviešu (Latvian)" like all the other languages.
DJAlex
Finished changes for Spanish(ES) at 100%(Blue)!

Oooh, and it's at 75.74%. Maybe we finish next year?

Edit: Going to fix some parts, to convey full meaning of the original text from english.
- Marco -
Translated a new faq line in Italian, now 100% on faq ^^
Topic Starter
peppy
Added one new line, updated localisations for next release.
Oyatsu
Updated some faq and in-game Vietnamese. - To: Oyatsu-mini mod reports!! :)
tiper
Updated !faq ru:owc
statementreply
Please reset cell game!C18.
tiper
It looks like there's gonna be a possibility to translate some parts of the website. I'll be supporting it :)
Shadoxfix
Just finished the last 8% of the Dutch translation.
Went through every line and made the translations consistent (Three different translations for 'Game') and removed any spelling errors/typos.
But what's up with the self-promoting of the Dutch channel? It contained join #dutch multiple times...

Also, osu! has a lot more text then I expected.
show more