forum

OLDCODEX - Rage on (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nymph
check and everything is fine at my sight.
If you think it is ready to go just call me so I can get this bubbled.
Andrea
Rechecked and only thing I found is this on Insane difficulty.

01:12:907 (1) - This slider is still wrongly snapped.
Topic Starter
Konei
Fixed that Slider.
Nymph
bubbled.
Topic Starter
Konei
Thanks.

To the ranking BAT of this mapset, please either contact me or pop the bubble before ranking, there are some little consistency changes I'd love to update before leting this go.
MMzz
[Insane]
00:24:551 - There should be a note here for the drumline, the flow without it is really weird.
00:33:318 - ^
01:24:140 (9) - I would fill in more notes here instead of stopping, it doesn't feel very natural.

[Irre's Rage]
00:02:387 (4) - Follow the vocal rhythm here? You do in the next parts of this section.
00:11:813 (1) - You should really move this closer to 2, this jump isn't very predictable coming out of the spinner.
00:18:387 - Add a note here for more continuous and comfortable flow.
00:24:277 - There should be a note here, I would move 6 back to here to make the jump pattern combine with the rhythm. Instead players will just overshoot it thinking 6 is straight out of the jump without a pause. Then you'll want to put a note here to continue the rhythm: 00:24:551
00:46:743 (1) - Shorten the slider and make the stream start in the proper place: 00:47:017
00:55:099 (1) - This anti-jump makes no sense. With the way the combo starts you are influencing the player to jump right into 2 instead of pausing.
00:57:565 (2) - ^ Same thing but here you are making the appearance of a 3/4 slider, a note placement you have already used before in the map, so the player will safely assume it is 3/4, that is a problem.

I don't like either of these Insanes, honestly the rhythms aren't very consistent and are awkward to follow/play. Plus a lot of the jumps are pretty random and inconsistent as well, all in all the notes just are not connecting with the music. I would try and focus more of placing the notes to the drums first then adjusting in the vocals when possible, not putting a huge focus on the vocals so that you make a good connection between the notes and the song's beat. I think you should get some more mods of this before pursuing a rank. I didn't go full nazi on this because I want to be respectful, but I'm going to be bold and say these are nowhere near the quality of a ranked map.
Topic Starter
Konei

MMzz wrote:

[Insane]
00:24:551 - There should be a note here for the drumline, the flow without it is really weird. Not at all, there is not even a sound in the music
00:33:318 - ^ ^
01:24:140 (9) - I would fill in more notes here instead of stopping, it doesn't feel very natural. I find that break relaxing.

I don't like either of these Insanes, honestly the rhythms aren't very consistent and are awkward to follow/play. Plus a lot of the jumps are pretty random and inconsistent as well, all in all the notes just are not connecting with the music. I would try and focus more of placing the notes to the drums first then adjusting in the vocals when possible, not putting a huge focus on the vocals so that you make a good connection between the notes and the song's beat. I think you should get some more mods of this before pursuing a rank. I didn't go full nazi on this because I want to be respectful, but I'm going to be bold and say these are nowhere near the quality of a ranked map.
Thanks for your opinion, but I really think my map is relative to the music, the notes connect to it and I can feel that while playing.
I don't think this map is low quality, but thanks a lot for modding.

And just on a side note, for saying that my mapset is "nowhere near the quality of a ranked map" I found your mod really undetailed, rhyhtm inconsistency is firstly not a must do since consistency all over makes it boring and for the second quite not needed because there are no repeated sections (as there would be in a full version).
Irreversible

MMzz wrote:

00:02:387 (4) - Follow the vocal rhythm here? You do in the next parts of this section. I prefer how I did it, sorry :x
00:11:813 (1) - You should really move this closer to 2, this jump isn't very predictable coming out of the spinner. there is a lot of pressure between those two notes, and people should be able to handle it.
00:18:387 - Add a note here for more continuous and comfortable flow. i can't hear anything i guess..
00:24:277 - There should be a note here, I would move 6 back to here to make the jump pattern combine with the rhythm. Instead players will just overshoot it thinking 6 is straight out of the jump without a pause. Then you'll want to put a note here to continue the rhythm: 00:24:551 can't hear something here as well? o.o
00:46:743 (1) - Shorten the slider and make the stream start in the proper place: 00:47:017 good ^-^
00:55:099 (1) - This anti-jump makes no sense. With the way the combo starts you are influencing the player to jump right into 2 instead of pausing. oh alright :)
00:57:565 (2) - ^ Same thing but here you are making the appearance of a 3/4 slider, a note placement you have already used before in the map, so the player will safely assume it is 3/4, that is a problem. well, this is something i'm very bothered about. I don't know, but people when they testplay always get those things, but the complaining is always there. but okay, fixed
thanks for your opinion and mod.
Topic Starter
Konei
Updated ~

Waiting for Nymph to restore the bubble.
dkun
[Irre's Rage]
00:02:387 (4,1) - I would prefer there be a note on red here, as it feels empty without it. (I also see that MMzz suggested this, but you also declined it. So here's me asking you again.) (00:07:093 (3,4) - for consistency)
00:14:689 (1,2) - Please make this one slider instead of what you have now. It just doesn't fit with the music, imo.
00:19:346 (3) - Is there anything in the music that represents this?
00:43:044 (1,2) - Any reason why the spacing between this and the rest of this combo is different?
01:02:223 (7) - A bit nazi, but stack on (2) of the same combo.
01:21:401 (1) - Nice heart. Never gonna let it go, huh? :p

You map on beats that are non-existent on the song itself. Konei's Insane follows them quite well. I suggest you take a look through the map again before this should be considered for bubble again.

If this was a bubble, I would pop it. (consider this as one) Please refrain from re-bubbling until Irre and I can have a discussion about this difficulty.
Please call me back for a re-check after.
Moway
Hello, I'd like to do a quick mod on your Insane diffs if that would be okay with you.

[Irre's Rage]

00:07:681 (1) - maybe consider putting a circle here and make it so the spinner begins a tick later? I think it would be nice to have an object to play on that big finish sound rather than the spinner which has little impact and no sound.
00:16:058 (2) - Maybe go for a bit more bend in this one. I think a more S-like shape would fit nicely here and look better than the current one which is too subtle IMO.
00:28:798 (7,1) - Hmm, not sure how I feel about the antijump here. I don't think it fits the music particularly well, so the spacing can be confusing. When I played it I thought it was going to be one of those 1/4 circles after slider and it's not. I suggest changing this to normal spacing.
00:29:346 (1,2,3) - I think you could increase the spacing of these. It would fit really well with the rest of the theme of this diff which is jumps jumps jumps. I think those circles would feel really good to play if they were jumps instead of this odd inconsistent spacing. At the very least, I think you should make the spacing here consistent, or even add a small jump between (2,3) since you have the strong finish on (3).
00:46:743 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - for me this was kind of unnatural to play. That slow slider going into the stream doesn't feel quite right to me. I suggest making the slider 1.0x velocity which I think would play better because you have a faster slider going into the fast stream.
00:54:277 (5,7) - Fix this overlap by moving (7) more right and downward. I think it plays better this way anyway.
00:58:387 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I would prefer for the spacing here to be decreased. Right now it feels like you're doing jumps just for the sake of jumping. The music here doesn't really lend itself to super big jumps like you have here, and there aren't really any musical indicators for changing the spacing between the objects as much as you do. I suggest decreasing the spacing and making the spacing a bit more consistent
00:59:483 (1,2) - This antijump also feels really odd after having all of those jumps before. I advise increasing the spacing here.
01:00:579 (1,2) - this jump doesn't make a ton of sense to me. There isn't really a sound on (2), so the jump is just kind of unnatural feeling. Reduce spacing here.
01:16:743 (3,4,1) - I'm not sure what the intent of the jump from (3,4) is, and I think the stack doesn't play very well. I suggest doing something more along these lines.

I think something like this preserves your original idea, but makes more sense and plays better to me. Firstly, we can put the bigger jump at the place where it really should be, which is (4,1). This makes more sense because (1) has the big finish so it feels really nice to jump to that finish on the strong slider. We eliminate the stack which feels weak and plays awkwardly because you go from a big jump to a sudden stop on the stack. The flow pattern here is preserved pretty well I think. Just as a note: you would have to move 01:16:468 (1,2,3,4) down in order to make the jump to the slider, but I think it works better than what you have now.
01:18:387 (2,3,4) - make this spacing equal, right now it just seems a bit sloppy
01:18:935 (5,6,1) - Don't really like this a whole lot. It seems like you stacked these just because you ran out of room to the right. I suggest this adjustment: At 01:18:387 (2,3,4) try this:

That way, you can have some more room to unstack those other circles and I think they look and play better that way.

01:19:209 (6,1) - Also, either swap the NCs here or remove the NC entirely. I think of these two circles as part of the same idea so its best to match the combo together.
01:20:305 (1,1,1,1) - I'd prefer for these to be 1.0x SV. Maybe you can explain better, but right now I don't see how the SV change fits the music here. This is a big exciting part. Let the sliders fly.
01:24:688 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3) - same thing. I think these feel and play better at 1.0x SV.

[Insane]

00:38:661 (1) - Move this to (437,191) to form a nicer equilateral triangle with 00:38:387 (5,6)?
00:40:442 (2,3) - Increase the spacing here to ~2.17 in order to match 00:42:633 (2,3).
00:42:907 (3,1) - reposition these to (376,46). I think it would be nice in order to reflect from 00:42:360 (1). The opportunity for a bit of symmetry is here, so might as well do it I think since you're doing a lot of symmetrical stuff in this section.
01:04:414 (3) - Maybe move this up and right? I think having a bigger jump toward 01:04:688 (4) would fit the theme of how you've been jumping in this map, and I think it would be pretty cool. Also I think it would be nice to make this 1.0x SV in order to give the player a proper lead in to the big jump at the kiai start. Also maybe increase the volume here to 65% so we get a bit of a crescendo into the kiai.
01:06:469 (6,7) - bit of a nazi thing, but you could make a nicer blanket with these two objects. It seems like (7) was shaped specifically for that, so I suggest making the adjustment. I noticed this while playing, so it's not the smallest thing.
01:24:414 - I kinda feel like we're missing an object here. Maybe add a circle? I think having this empty space here doesn't feel so great for your Insane diff.
01:24:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Same thing as with Irre's diff, I prefer these to be 1.0x SV because the music is exciting and reaching final climax. Having the SV go down doesn't really fit that idea to me.

You use a very distinct style in the Insane diff, so I tried not to touch that too much. Really, I think for your diff your jumps and everything made a lot of sense to me so not much to fix in that regard.

That's all from me. I hope that I can be of some help to you guys in getting this rebubbled and ranked.
Nymph
reply dkun and Moway's mod first so I can rebubble :-)
Topic Starter
Konei
gonna check everything when Im back, thanks guys.
Irreversible
me too, School atm =v=

even said that my map wasn't ready but huh :c

i'm gonna rework most of it, thank you guys!
Topic Starter
Konei

Moway wrote:

[Insane]

00:38:661 (1) - Move this to (437,191) to form a nicer equilateral triangle with 00:38:387 (5,6)? Sure.
00:40:442 (2,3) - Increase the spacing here to ~2.17 in order to match 00:42:633 (2,3). Barely noticeable, still done
00:42:907 (3,1) - reposition these to (376,46). I think it would be nice in order to reflect from 00:42:360 (1). The opportunity for a bit of symmetry is here, so might as well do it I think since you're doing a lot of symmetrical stuff in this section. Good.
01:04:414 (3) - Maybe move this up and right? I think having a bigger jump toward 01:04:688 (4) would fit the theme of how you've been jumping in this map, and I think it would be pretty cool. Also I think it would be nice to make this 1.0x SV in order to give the player a proper lead in to the big jump at the kiai start. Also maybe increase the volume here to 65% so we get a bit of a crescendo into the kiai. I don't feel the same way here, for me, this should not go down in excitment but rather emphasize the KIAI start.
01:06:469 (6,7) - bit of a nazi thing, but you could make a nicer blanket with these two objects. It seems like (7) was shaped specifically for that, so I suggest making the adjustment. I noticed this while playing, so it's not the smallest thing. Wasn't planing to blanket, but cool.
01:24:414 - I kinda feel like we're missing an object here. Maybe add a circle? I think having this empty space here doesn't feel so great for your Insane diff. I rather don't have something here, doesn't match my drum folowing.
01:24:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Same thing as with Irre's diff, I prefer these to be 1.0x SV because the music is exciting and reaching final climax. Having the SV go down doesn't really fit that idea to me. I feel as if beat was less strong than before, that's why I slowed Sliders here. It really fits gameplay a lot better than 1,00 SV in my honest opinion.

Thanks a bunch, waiting for Irreversible and dkun.

Edit: Updated Irre's diff.
dkun
Looks good to me! Thanks for considering my mod Irre! 8-)
Nymph
rebubbled.
Topic Starter
Konei
Thanks guys.
Irreversible
haha thanks dkun for the advice, i feel better now~
popner
[Irre's Rage]
00:17:016 (2) - unsnapped slider end
00:17:427 (3) - unsnapped slider end
Topic Starter
Konei
Fixed.
popner
Rebubbled
Topic Starter
Konei
Thanks.
sheela
[Easy]
00:37:565 (2) - Try to make it more curvy so 00:39:209 (2) - in the curve.
01:07:017 (1) - Maybe remove the NC and add it to 01:08:250 (3) - ?

Nothing else much. Good Luck!
Topic Starter
Konei

sheela901 wrote:

[Easy]
00:37:565 (2) - Try to make it more curvy so 00:39:209 (2) - in the curve. Don't think this is needed.
01:07:017 (1) - Maybe remove the NC and add it to 01:08:250 (3) - ? Would be inconsistent so rather not.

Nothing else much. Good Luck!

Thanks for having a look.
Eldwyn
I wonder why this beatmap isn't ranked yet (>w<)
Anyway, you have all my support ! owo
Aurele
the fuck. why isn't it ranked already?

//im on my phone ok. I can't do anything.
Topic Starter
Konei

Gabe wrote:

the fuck. why isn't it ranked already?

//im on my phone ok. I can't do anything.

Aw Gabe, I don't know.

But I got to get some sleep now so meh ;__;
Irreversible

Konei wrote:

But I got to get some sleep now so meh ;__;
how about saying bb next time.
Aurele
Topic Starter
Konei

Gabe wrote:

*~*
Thanks darling ~
Irreversible
gz :)
Andrea
It's about time, congrats.
pimp
gratz :D
10nya
gratss c:
veniastcline
Yay! Gratz! <3
Topic Starter
Konei
Thanks everyone!
xChippy
Gratz~ ;)
Kyouren
Gratz!!! Konei, Irreversible, and No_Gu!!!

FREE!! ^^
riffy
Congratz! And thatnks to Irre now I really love Free! >3<
show more