forum

[added] Some improvements on "Visual Settings"

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +475
show more
Dexus
Support.

Alternative suggestion: Universal settings for the visual settings that can be pulled up with a hotkey. These settings would apply to every beatmap automatically. I play 80% dim on most all maps with the skins disabled (even if to remove just the color) and I have to hit these settings every time. During multiplayer I will fumble or get distracted sometimes and then end up having to play it 2009 style.
she_old

Wishy wrote:

something that DOES happen is that the visual setting tab gets closed by some accidental cursor movement you do and you are not able to set your stuff.
Actually I think this happens only with certain maps, I tried restarting the same map a few times to try and get the Visual Settings as test and it seemed to never work with one song, I don't remember which ones anymore though.
Topic Starter
HildasXD

she wrote:

Wishy wrote:

something that DOES happen is that the visual setting tab gets closed by some accidental cursor movement you do and you are not able to set your stuff.
Actually I think this happens only with certain maps, I tried restarting the same map a few times to try and get the Visual Settings as test and it seemed to never work with one song, I don't remember which ones anymore though.

I have a new post, I think this t/137878 will be more helpful>v<
Topic Starter
HildasXD
changed the post and bump.
Cylencer
Support, it would be more convenient to be able to apply it to every map by default instead of having to change these settings 1 by 1. For the 2nd suggestion, maybe it would be good to have another option - "Always apply visual settings" so that you wouldn't have to press the shortcut everytime
KittyRaawrr
It would be awesome if that really happened :oops:
Nines
This is a great idea because sometimes when the game starts, the visual settings menu won't even come up. It just stays down and then the song starts.
Biri Biri
Definitely promoting this. Can't count the amount of times I've had to switch up brightness due to a song's darkness and/OR brightness in multi.
cr1mmy
p/2403596/ :( :(

Totally support this request!!
Topic Starter
HildasXD
bump.
Aoko
Support >w<
Topic Starter
HildasXD

Aoko wrote:

Support >w<
Thx QAQ
Mysterious
I like this idea - I always dim the background, so a "make default background" setting would be nice.

However, the spoiler should still come up before the song loads, just in case I want to enable background for a certain song.

I'm supporting this idea, even though I'm out of stars.
Graphite Edge
Support +1
Topic Starter
HildasXD
bump.
higurush
Now, this would solve this bug: t/149734
Kemdo
Seems like a good idea - Kills me to have to play with skin and video on multiplayer because I was not quick enough to disable them ; __ ;
GenoClysm
+2

This is such a no-brain feature i don't even understand why it didn't happen long ago. I like to play my maps with black backgrounds and my raw skin, so i have an easier time reading the beatmap. I hate having to open display options every time i play a new beatmap/difficulty, and i hate obnoxious annoying skins ( apologies for those who include/make the skins ) but i am thouroughly angered by annoying skins with stars and gigantic 300 hitbursts and such.
SuLanD
i like it

Support ! +1
peppy
Added in next public.
TakuMii