forum

Bugs with the new UI [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
show more
frfrfr_old

theowest wrote:

try adding SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 in your skin.ini settings
Facepalm.jpg You really read this post? Read this again. And look on screenshots.
theowest

frfrfr wrote:

theowest wrote:

try adding SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 in your skin.ini settings
Facepalm.jpg You really read this post? Read this again. And look on screenshots.
sorry, didn't notice he had already written it on his box=

either way, it's a duplicate of t/124303/
TheVileOne
Explain the issue you are having:

I don't think it's good to have this text overlap the buttons. I know you can scroll up, but the buttons should be fully visible without scrolling IMO.
theowest
shouldn't that be a part of this topic t/123785
- Kashiyuka -
I spotted something weird. might be because I have the unified ranking thing but I'm not sure.
before the start of an online game:

During another game:
theowest

- Kashiyuka - wrote:

I spotted something weird. might be because I have the unified ranking thing but I'm not sure.
before the start of an online game:

During another game:
duplicate t/124441/
Oinari-sama
Own score blocked by the BACK button. This applies to all non-revealing BACK button designs (triangular vs rectangular box).

theowest

Oinari-sama wrote:

Own score blocked by the BACK button. This applies to all non-revealing BACK button designs (triangular vs rectangular box).

make your back button smaller.
Oinari-sama
No I didn't make that skin myself. Tbh I don't really care about my score, I'm just reporting it because it's a bug affecting multiple skins and the devs deserve to know it. Whether it's worth "fixing" is up to the devs.

This may be avoided if the Personal Best score is aligned with the end of the list. Since the score panels are semi transparent, a possible solution will be appending the personal best panel to the end of the list, then offset the text "Personal Best" to the right of the rank (xxxx of xxxx). If it's too low profile for the liking, an extra border (eg gold) may be added around the personal best panel to make it stand out.

EDIT: Just adding a few more examples FYI

Personal Best Score Blocked by BACK
The amount of blockage varies amongst skins. Just some example from the first 3 pages of my skin collections. The majority remains unaffected.

TheVileOne
I don't think that is a bug. Using skin elements that aren't the default dimension is not advised and may break the game. peppy doesn't have to fix this.

However it would solve everything if the button panel was layered behind the ranking score elements. I thought it used to be like that with the old back button. People were complaining that it appeared behind things.
TakuMii

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think that is a bug. Using skin elements that aren't the default dimension is not advised and may break the game. peppy doesn't have to fix this.
The thing is, those skins are using the default dimensions. The default skin's back button (and even the old default skin's back button) overlaps your personal best score, now that the ranking list shows 8 instead of 7.
Aka
TheVileOne
I guess it is. I didn't take into account that most of the back button is transparent. Yes it should be fixed.
Full Tablet
The new ranking screen buttons are "pause-replay" (even though there is no replay button in the pause screen) and "pause-retry" instead of "ranking-replay" and "ranking-retry".
Marcin

Overlaps!
theowest
Seem to happen on all 1000 combo maps
Oinari-sama
Ah the avatar pushed everything to the right...
Acrith
Okay, so: I don't know if someone spotted this, but:

Still, graph is in front of title-bar.

When you're getting on higher level, then EXP. Bar goes in totally wrong place, leaving non-filled, white border. I just saw this, when I got to 92lv taiko. Seems it should be fixed.
nanda2009
this happened to me when I try to use the 5:4 resolution, borderless windowed mode to be precise.

this too, happened when I used mods

some parts of the screen are not visible.. on the 2nd screenshot, the mod icon are not fully visible. when using 2 mods, one of the mods won't be visible at all.
Rokk
Pretty sure osu! doesn't support 5:4 resolutions.
XPJ38
Mod icons override "Tag Colour" text in multi. It happens when team mode is set to Tag Coop or Tag Team Vs:

(originally posted here: t/126499)
waaiiru
Not sure if it was 'caused by the new UI update or other stuff but here,

The beginning of this song Xelia - Illumiscape starts at bottom really close to the border. Before the change it wasn't so close to border.

(Played on fullscreen 1366x768)
TakuMii

Teraku wrote:

Pretty sure osu! doesn't support 5:4 resolutions.
peppy added 5:4 support a few patches ago, but it's not completely polished yet.
Winshley
That's because some of the interfaces seem to stuck under 4:3 resolution despite the different resolution settings. The position of mod icons are still within the 4:3 window despite using widescreen resolution as well.

Also, if you used the 5:4 resolution, the playfield is getting almost outside the window as well, making the notes going almost offscreen at left and right side!
Ayesha Altugle
please merge this

this one still happens

Should be fades like ranking-graph
Anzo
And also this one...
If the song name is too long, you'll see that the bar extends too much.

EDIT: Just browsed through the low priority section and I found the similar issue, but since it's a part of the UI I decided not to delete my post.
theowest
Spectating someone causes the cursortrail to disapear? (need confirmation on this)
I think this is just this bug: t/124409

and

replacing the hitcircle.png caused this, I didn't touch the hitcircleoverlay.png, really crazy slider hitcircles
t/121930

so those were the two points I removed from the op. I've boxed everything else and made it list in numerical order.
TakuMii
The back-button overlapping the personal rank box is still a bug and isn't in the OP :/

Ayesha Altugle
some items in design tab should overlap background Image/Video Tab

you can rename this if someone merged it

OsuMe65

score number bugs... :/
MillhioreF

OsuMe65 wrote:

That's a problem with your skin, not the new skin/UI.
OsuMe65

MillhioreF wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

That's a problem with your skin, not the new skin/UI.
all of mah sizes are correct...
=_=

EDIT: that happend to me after the latest update. even restarting osu! won't do
TheVileOne
The issue with the performance timeline should really be fixed soon really. It's a noticeable flaw in the UI that is hard to miss.

Last night I noticed that performance line draws over the show Online rank button if it dips too low. No scrolling is necessary.
TouchFluffyTail

OsuMe65 wrote:

all of mah sizes are correct...
=_=

EDIT: that happend to me after the latest update. even restarting osu! won't do
It looks like you're trying to use @2x size numbers while not having a full set, so it's messing up while applying different sized number graphics. Are you sure you have @2x for score-0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 AND score-comma, score-dot, score-percent, and score-x?
TheVileOne

Small overlap with the Background/Video backglow.
Xierra

TheVileOne wrote:

Small overlap with the Background/Video backglow.
Rup. Seen this too. I believe this goes to everyone else too.
Confirming :D
Garygoh884

My song selection screen got screwed up.
Dark Espeon
I don't know what is going on, but:

osu! beatmaps:

Can't see nicknames, life bar, combo, score etc.

taiko:

can't see ANYTHING

Also, after I quit bugged beatmap, all background pictures disappear
-Seren-
i have the same prob with Gargoh884

edit: and when searching this happens
primrose
Confirming garygoh's problem (looks like this happened on widescreen resolutions)
show more