forum

Access all visual settings as a non-supporters [confirmed] [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theowest
on any difficulty or map without having to play it once.

XasdasdX replicated this first and told me about it. Credits to him.

1. Start out in a multiplayer game with at least one other person and let them be the host.
  2. When both are ready, leave the multiplayer game right when the game is starting. Asking for a countdown from the host is helpful.
  3. You should now be right before the start of a multiplayer game with the "Waiting for players..."
  4. The only way to continue from here would be to hit alt + F4, escape doesn't work at this point.
  5. The first time you try playing a map you'll see the multiplayer scoreboards on the left but once you retry you should just see the normal top 50
  6. You can now access all visual settings without having to have played the difficulties once before
Everything obviously resets when restarting osu!
Saten
confirming

I left the match right before it started (and even re-entering the map in single-player, it gives me access to all visual settings. Probably because I still have the yellow multiplayer status color as shown above when playing)

cake
bomber34
Since the last update I don't even have to do to be in multiplayer to access all VS o.o
it happens to my friends who are supporter too
Saten
Well, the fact that the status still turns yellow when playing something still remains.
While in that state, you cannot spectate anyone because it thinks you are still in multiplayer.
silmarilen

bomber34 wrote:

Since the last update I don't even have to do to be in multiplayer to access all VS o.o
it happens to my friends who are supporter too
exactly, i can just use all VS on on my first play
bomber34

Saten wrote:

Well, the fact that the status still turns yellow when playing something still remains.
While in that state, you cannot spectate anyone because it thinks you are still in multiplayer.

it is not yellow on my side ._.
Topic Starter
theowest
still happening. It's understandable how it's hard to replicate, Saten and I used our voices in skype to create a countdown.

Playing alone when I started on the exact moment Saten left the room.

Saten playing in singleplayer, but still have the multiplayer status. osu! still thinks Saten is in multiplayer, that's what allows him to access all visual settings.

latest osu! version at this very moment

new update.
Saten
This still occurs (as shown above).

It's not that simple to replicate this though, but this was discovered by coincidence. It's all about the timing
Topic Starter
theowest
I now know why you pop up as idle now, but are still replicating the bug

it happens whenever you go to the main menu, it resets your status but not the bug.
so by just playing along when you get forced into singleplayer, you're not going through the main menu, thus still having the multiplayer status.

Some other things worth mentioning about this bug:
  1. SPOILER
    I'm still in this game, but do not have the #multiplayer chat or anything up. So I can't join any other games when replicating this bug.
  2. SPOILER
    You are the 51st rank on all the maps you play with an online ranking
  3. SPOILER
    You can't spectate
  4. SPOILER
    You can invite people to your non-existent multiplayer game

but they won't receive any message about it.
bomber34
but that's sounds like another bug ._.
I thought this thread was just about being able to access VS without playing maps once
and I can access it that without playing once nor doing this MP thing. like I mentioned earlier only my friends who are supporter too have this bug too ...
silmarilen
yeah might be an idea to change the topic title because this is unrelated to the VS
Topic Starter
theowest
I like to keep the visual settings part because it's a result of this bug. It's the main reason you'd want to exploit it.
I did kind of rephrase the title though, I hope it's better now.

If you're not doing the mutliplayer stuff to replicate this bug, then it might be something else going on. Saten had this problem too for a while afaik.
Topic Starter
theowest
so I just found out anyone with a supporter tag can unlock all visual settings on any map now.

I didn't have a supporter tag 8 days ago when I made these later posts. but the bug remains for everyone who wasn't got supporter. I've updated the title and op a bit.
peppy
This should be fixed on the latest test build. Please test and confirm resolved :).
Topic Starter
theowest

peppy wrote:

This should be fixed on the latest test build. Please test and confirm resolved :).
seems to be fixed now, thank you!

you're just going back to the lobby as expected when hitting "Leave match".