forum

Stacking the Deck - (Game Over - Town Win)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sakura
It is the year 20XX, you are a group of survivors among the space ship NST-4510, however, you are aware that some criminals are on board and plan on taking control over the ship, it is up to you to find and eliminate those guys before they can become a threat to the ship

This game will be using the "Stacking the Deck" setup, there will be 3 scum, one of them is a Traitor and they don't know who it is, yet, Mafia may choose up to 3 of the following powers that they want, Town will be given the same ammount of powers as PRs that the mafia chooses and 2 additional PRs regardless.
  1. Change a goon into a bulletproof (Cannot be killed by night actions)
  2. Change a goon into a rolecop (Can scan a person for their role every night)
  3. Change a goon into a Ninja (If they submit the kill, they will appear as targetting no one to trackers and watchers)
  4. Change a goon into a JOAT (1-shot of all the above)
  5. Enable Daychat
  6. Recruit the Traitor into a Goon.
The traitor will appear as innocent to all alignment cop scans unless it's recruited, if the traitor is the only remaining mafia player then they'll take over the factional kill.

Players: * = Prod
fartownik
CalignoBot (Irreversible)
Jinxy
NoHitter
Tanzklaue
pieguy1372 (Hika)
DakeDekaane
Raging Bull
Haneii
rEdo
BRBP (Konei)
Rantai

Vote Count 5.0

Not Voting (3) - DakeDekaane, Tanzklaue, Rantai
Night 4 will end on July 21st 11:02 GMT-5
Alive
Tanzklaue
DakeDekaane
Rantai
Dead
NoHitter - Vanilla Towny lynched D1
rEdo - Vanilla Towny shot N1
BRBP - Town Mason & Cop shot N1
Haneii - Vanilla Townie Lynched D2
Raging Bull - Town Vigilante Asphyxiated N2
Jinxy - Mafia Traitor Lynched D3
CalignoBot - Town Vanilla Shot N3
fartownik - Mafia Role Cop - Shot in the head D4
pieguy1372 - Town Jailkeeper - Gone Missing N4
Mod killed
Hopefully no one

Events:
Day 1 Start
BRBP replaces Konei
pieguy1372 replaces Hika
Day 2 start
CalignoBot replaces Irreversible
Day 3 start
Day 4 start
Topic Starter
Sakura
General Rules:
- Do not Edit or Delete any of your posts.
- You may ask me to fix your forum tags if necessary.
- Do not quote anything from the PMs given to you by the mod.
- Do not communicate outside of this thread unless your role PM allows you to.
- Do not use any form of provable randomness, saying that you flipped a coin and acted on that is fine, proving that you flipped said coin is not.
- I am human, and I may make mistakes, if I make a mistake send me a PM or state it in bold.

Deadlines:
- Day times consist of 1 week, if by the time of the deadline no majority has been reached, the person with the most votes will be lynched, in the event of a tie, No-Lynch will happen.
- During LyLo if there's a tie in the votes at deadline, the player who reached the tying ammount of votes first will be lynched.
- Night times consist of 24 hours, during this event you may send your actions to me via PM, you may change your action afterwards and i will count the latest action sent to me, if no action is received by deadline it will result in No Action.
- Deadlines may be extended upon request of the players but they will only be extended at my discression based on activity and/or replacements.
- Replacements during the night will always extend the deadline regardless of who requested replacement.

Voting and Lynching:
- You may vote a player by stating in bold Vote: Player Name, an Unvote is not required to change your vote but it helps. When a player has reached 50% + 1 of the living players votes, a lynch will happen and the day will end.
- Acronyms and Shortened names are fine as long as I can clearly understand who is being voted.
- You may alternatively vote for a day to end without a lynch by stating Vote: No Lynch.
- No Lynch votes are banned during LyLo (they wont count)
- When a Lynch has ocurred before the end of the day, the game enters twilight zone, during this time all players including the lynchee may continue to post until I post the lynch scene and end the day, from then on the Lynchee is considered dead and cannot post.
- Dead players cannot post.

Activity
- Any player may request the mod to prod a player as long as they haven't posted for 24 hours or more.
- Prods must be responded to in the game thread.
- If a player is going to be absent for 24 hours or more they may state that they'll be on V/LA for said time, no more than 4 days V/LA will be accepted and you should consider replacing out if you're going to be gone that long.
- Night times dont count into prod time.
- Saturday and Sunday count as 24 hours for prods.
- Failing to pick up your prod within 24 hours will end in you getting replaced, you still have time to pick up your prod until a replacement is found.

If any rule is broken you will be modkilled and become a Neutral Survivor, hence automatically lose.
Modkills may or may not end the day early.
Pretending to break a rule will count as breaking the rule.
Questions > Modkills, if you have doubts whether you're about to break the rules feel free to PM me to make sure.
If you have any questions towards me State it in bold
I'll try to have a vote count at least once every 2 pages, unless i'm sleeping or something.
Last but not least, have fun <3

In the case i've missed anything, refer to these lovely rules by Lybydose: p/1062608
Topic Starter
Sakura
Phase 1 Sample Role PMs

Mafia Goon
Hi and Welcome to Stacking the Deck Player
You are a Mafia Goon, along with your partner Reyalp

You are aware there's a traitor among the crowd, you may choose to recruit this player during Night 0, otherwise be wary as you may kill him by mistake.

During the night phases, except Night 0, one of you may choose a target to kill, if the action is succesful your target will die.

You may talk during the pre-game and all night phases in this quicktopic

You win when all Town aligned players are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening

Mafia Traitor
Hi and Welcome to Stacking the Deck Player
You are a Mafia Traitor but you don't know who your partners are.

If your partners are all dead you will take over the factional kill each night.

If a cop scans you and you aren't recruited they will get an Innocent result.

You win when all Town aligned players are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Vanilla Townie
Welcome to Stacking the Deck Player
You are a Vanilla Townie

You got no other weapon than your vote, use it wisely.

You may or may not receive an additional power after Night 0 ends.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

Town Mason
Welcome to Stacking the Deck Player
You are a Town Mason along with your partner Reyalp

You and your partner are both confirmed town to each other.

During the night phases you and your partner may talk in this quicktopic

Despite being already Mason you may or may not receive an additional power after Night 0 ends.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.
fartownik
Obviously up.
Irreversible
up o/
Jinxy
Why not

in
NoHitter
finally /in

Edit: Also how many players will this be?
Topic Starter
Sakura

NoHitter wrote:

finally /in

Edit: Also how many players will this be?
12, it's been there in the title
Tanzklaue
I'm in
Hika
/in
DakeDekaane
/in because it looks fun.
fartownik
@Mod: when Mafia picks a role out of the possible ones, will Town get the exact same one for themselves?
Topic Starter
Sakura

fartownik wrote:

@Mod: when Mafia picks a role out of the possible ones, will Town get the exact same one for themselves?
Not necessarily, in fact town is more likely to get roles like vig or alignment cop.
fartownik
Will you reveal the list of potential PRs for town then?
Kanye West
Interesting setup, will be sitting out due to research etc
Topic Starter
Sakura

fartownik wrote:

Then it would be semi-closed and not closed setup :P If you all prefer it that way then yes I'll reveal all potential roles for Town.
Raging Bull
In
fartownik

Sakura wrote:

fartownik wrote:

Then it would be semi-closed and not closed setup :P If you all prefer it that way then yes I'll reveal all potential roles for Town.
Oh well, nvm it then. If the setup's intended to be a closed one then let's stick to it.
Haneii
/in
rEdo
let's give it a try
Konei
Trying
Irreversible
Vote: Sakura
Lincolm
Sakura, give me dead QT :)
Topic Starter
Sakura

Lincolm wrote:

Sakura, give me dead QT :)
Sure, when the game opens up and i create the QTs, why don't you participate tho :<
Lincolm
Naw, I prefer have <2 games (one in MS) (even though I can play more than 2, I prefer focus). And with same persons, that's going to affect my mind / play.

And, stalking spectating is better way to improve myself.

And, maybe you need to put the wiki page in front page. :)

Edit : You edited the town roles. Going to be interesting. :)

Edit again : I think this Ninja is different from wiki page. More interesting.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Yes im going to use other town roles, tho that doesnt mean some in the wiki page may not appear, Ninja is the same as usual, if they submit the kill they cannot be tracked.
Jinxy
I have a question, in the scenario where there are 2 maf, 1 unrecruited traitor and 3 towns with no vote-manipulating abilities (doublevoter, etc), is Mafia considered to have 50% of the votes?
Topic Starter
Sakura
Yes, because they are still part of the mafia faction. Even if they don't know each other, technically they are still controlling the majority of the votes.
fartownik
Argh, 12th pls.
Raging Bull
double in.
show more