forum

Stacking the Deck - (Game Over - Town Win)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Haneii
Not PR
NoHitter
JInxyjem
Hika
DakeDekaane
Irreversible
Tanzklaue
Haneii
rEdo

PR

Raging Bull
Rantai
fartownik

If I understood right, if it remains at 3 PR our next plan of action is to get the masons to claim?

Mod: Can you prod Konei, please
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanzklaue wrote:

Haneii wrote:
Tanzklaue wrote:
I still think that the mass claim is super anti town, though. but by now the damage is already too big and not claiming would be like lynching yourself.

*looks through thread to see which post might have given you this idea/made you feel threatened*
*comes up empty*
Okay.

fartownik wrote:
I agree with RB and JInx here. If we stop claiming right now it will only cause confusion and more WIFOM in the next days, basically harming town even more. NH already explained a lot here and I will trust him for this one. I don't see a reason (a pro-town one) for the remaining people not to claim in this very moment.

basically this. the massclaim advanced too far, scum already got advantages. our only hope is to deal with the situation we got into now, and hope we somehow can get something out of it for town. a full massclaim is more salvageable than a 3/4 massclaim.
I still find it odd that you went first went with "I'm going to claim because if I don't I'll get lynched" instead of "I agree with Fartownik, Jinx, and RB - it's too late and we should all claim"
Raging Bull
Vote:Konei

The hell just happened.
Topic Starter
Sakura
Konei has been prodded
Tanzklaue
haneii, I'm new to all this mafia business, so it should be natural that I will make some dumb mistakes. sorry :c

on the other hand, even if konei flips PR, the chance of scum skewing numbers should be pretty low. if konei flips no PR, the chance of skewed numbers is basically 0, since I don't think that scum would take such risks without having power roles to back them up, and also having to fight the high probability of getting caught by investigative roles (1/3 as opposed to 1/4 or 1/5).

assuming that town actually said the truth. which we can't be sure of.
Rantai
Wait, Masons don't count as a PR?

Learnt something new today.
Topic Starter
Sakura

Rantai wrote:

They do, i'm just not counting them as the town starting PRs.
Haneii

Rantai wrote:

They are, but in the case that we only have 3 people claiming PRs the Masons should claim (I'm assuming they'd be the 2 out of the 3 people who claimed PR). They should also let us know if they have another PR along with being Masons.

Still waiting on Konei, though (I keep misspelling your name as Koneii XD)
Raging Bull

Sakura wrote:

Rantai wrote:

They do, i'm just not counting them as the town starting PRs.

Elaborate more. So if scum picks no power, we only have 2 PR + 2 mason, assuming mason didnt get a PR? Mason so OP
Rantai
Oh ok, I thought they were, got confused x.x
Topic Starter
Sakura
Konei has requested replacement
NoHitter
Mod: Can we request an extension when replacement arrives?
Topic Starter
Sakura

NoHitter wrote:

Mod: Can we request an extension when replacement arrives?
Yes, i was planning on extending it when replacement arrives anyway.
Raging Bull
It would help if he posted before replacement :(
Topic Starter
Sakura
Ok here's my decission, i'm going to extend the deadline right now by 24 hours, if before then a replacement is found then the deadline may be further extended by another 24-48 hours depending on how close it is to deadline to give the replacement some time to read over the thread, otherwise the day will end then. Countdowns and deadlines will be updated once i get home (at work atm)
Tanzklaue

Raging Bull wrote:

It would help if he posted before replacement :(
he was too busy posting in unfunny troll map threads and congratulating mappers for their ranked maps. no way could he write a simple "I am a PR/not a PR" here in the thread.

well, without konei's claim, we actually can't do all too much I guess.
Raging Bull
God, can we just lynch Konei so the game won't be extended?
Tanzklaue
er, no?

why would you want to end day 1 now? we have to wait for the replacement to claim at least before day 1 can find a satisfactory end.
Raging Bull
Because at the rate how mafia games are. It is rare to find a replacement.
DakeDekaane
We have still 4 days, RB, and the game has just begun, so it's not that hard to catch up what's happening, there's no point in ending the day in the actual situation, town will get greatly hurt if we finish the day like this . I was about to suggest a Konei policy lynch, but as he asked for replacement, I think we should wait a bit more, not mentioning that if he's a PR/Mason we're possibly done.

It's true we're stuck at this point, but I'm pretty sure we can still deal with this and think what can we do in case a replacement doesn't come.
Rantai
Well to keep the ball rolling and the fact I don't think this will actually affect me/replacement all that much;

Roleclaim: Mason

I'm going to confirm Konei as my other Mason here.
Topic Starter
Sakura
BRBP Replaces Konei, effective immediately.
Haneii
BRBP, do you have another power role besides Mason?
Topic Starter
Sakura
If the replacement requests it, deadline may be extended by up to 2 more days.

Vote Count 1.05

BRBP (1) - Raging Bull

Not Voting (11) - fartownik, Irreversible, JInxyjem, NoHitter, Tanzklaue, Haneii, rEdo, BRBP, Rantai, DakeDekaane, Hika

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes.
VoidnOwO
:)
Raging Bull
unvote
VoidnOwO
NoHitter
Not PR
NoHitter
JInxyjem
Hika
DakeDekaane
Irreversible
Haneii
Tanzklaue

PR
Raging Bull
Rantai
fartownik
BRBP

All PRs should claim now. I suggest we do it in the order: fartownik -> Raging Bull -> Rantai or BRBP
The ones who claimed later on may have had time to think and "fake" their claim. Rantai and BRBP are Mason's though and are practically confirmed town.
Hika
Taking time to read this all later because life.

I think I unvoted, I hope.
NoHitter
Not PR
NoHitter
JInxyjem
Hika
DakeDekaane
Irreversible
Haneii
Tanzklaue
rEdo

PR
Raging Bull
Rantai
fartownik
BRBP

Forgot to add rEdo to list of non-PR
Raging Bull
I guess scum chose 1 power ifi read right
Tanzklaue

Raging Bull wrote:

I guess scum chose 1 power ifi read right
2, if they didn't scew the numbers. which i highly doubt, because scewing numbers in that kind of situation isn't smart.
VoidnOwO
Tanzklaue
that whole masons thing is just confusing as hell x.x

the question is: how useful would be a fullclaim from the PRs? the probability of a skewed massclaim is low, and I think we shouldn't draw bigger (or to word it better: specific) targets on our PRs. I don't think we need more information about what our PRs are. they will work more efficiently if they are not widely known.
Raging Bull
At this rate, either fart or I will die N1 anyways since I don't think mafia needs to kill masons.
Tanzklaue
say thanks to nohitter, according to whom you're totally expandable.
fartownik
Em, I think you guys forgot something. Sakura stated before that there's 2 Masons + 2 Additional PRs for Town (if I understood that correctly). The masons don't count as the 2 Additional PRs. This means that Mafia didn't pick anything for themselves (?), because if they did we'd have 1, 2 or 3 more additional PRs, unless one of the Masons is also a PR.

Can anyone confirm this?
Tanzklaue
at least BRBP said that he has an additional PR (I believe? sorry if I misread that).

masons can also have additional PRs. so if rantai has an additional PR, then scum chose 2 advantages. probably 2 PRs, since daychat with 2 people isn't too useful (I don't know since I have no experience :/), and recruiting the traitor isn't a good enough trade for an additional PR in my opinion (since a goon doesn't have that many perks more than a traitor anyway).

so I would assume that we have a set up of 1-2 PR mafias with one traitor amongst us.
Irreversible
Vote: NoHitter
fartownik

Tanzklaue wrote:

at least BRBP said that he has an additional PR (I believe? sorry if I misread that).

masons can also have additional PRs. so if rantai has an additional PR, then scum chose 2 advantages. probably 2 PRs, since daychat with 2 people isn't too useful (I don't know since I have no experience :/), and recruiting the traitor isn't a good enough trade for an additional PR in my opinion (since a goon doesn't have that many perks more than a traitor anyway).

so I would assume that we have a set up of 1-2 PR mafias with one traitor amongst us.
I understood it more like BRBP confirmed being Mason, but I can be wrong.

BRBP would you elaborate?
Topic Starter
Sakura
Vote Count 1.06

NoHitter (1) - Irreversible

Not Voting (11) - fartownik, JInxyjem, NoHitter, Tanzklaue, Haneii, rEdo, BRBP, Rantai, DakeDekaane, Hika

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Please let me know if you see any mistakes.
show more