forum

New ranking/modding system development

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kodora
Also, what if mapper give kudosu by mistake? -30% looks too much. I think mapper should have button to denied personally modding points on his own map if he give it by mistake.
Or those system can be revorked as usual kd denied - people just will lost poits what they reseived by unfair way.
Cygnus
I somehow do not agree with the mapper not being able to update after moving to pending maps though. :/
Kodora

Philippines wrote:

I somehow do not agree with the mapper not being able to update after moving to pending maps though. :/
+1, it looks kinda weird.
Sakura
Good points, I agree there should be an option to penalize and an option to just reset, tho which one is used should be left at the judgement of the BAT, mapper can also have an undo button just in case they misclick or something.
Kodora
It can be used like "first unfair points - just denied, second - just denied, third - denied + penalize".
[Luanny]
Nice, this means that if I pm someone to mod my map or even do m4m they will probably reject because my map won't give many points \:D/
Nice nice, I hope there will be the good and serious modders who will keep modding on their accord
At least they still have the option the follow or not the queue
The only thing I ask: don't force people to use this unless you want the real modders/mappers/people who give a shit about this game to leave.

Good luck, farming modders.

Btw, what if I downvote someone's mod just because I don't like them? I hope someone will punish me for doing this, at least.
bomber34
I don't know what to think of this system really.
I think it is good that the current system will be changed but on the other hand I am way to used to it... I guess.
I don't really care if a map that I mod gets ranked or not so I won't be one of those who nominate anything (if I understood it correctly ^^)

I guess I am not sure about it since I only mod for 2 reasons:
Helping others
getting kudosu

dunno what will happen ^^ So I just let it come :>
zozozofun
Long ago, the happy players of osu! lived together in harmony, then, everything changed when peppy came back.
Kodora

[Luanny] wrote:

Nice, this means that if I pm someone to mod my map or even do m4m they will probably reject because my map won't give many points \:D/
This is one of main problems in those update

[Luanny] wrote:

Btw, what if I downvote someone's mod just because I don't like them? I hope someone will punish me for doing this, at least.
Why that was not mentiored before? As far as i know, only BATs allowed to denied unfair points - modders can only report

oh hi Luanny o.o
Flower

zozozofun wrote:

Long ago, the happy players of osu! lived together in harmony, then, everything changed when peppy came back.
WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG PEPPY

angelfix wrote:

@flower. stop useless arguing, nothing will be changed finally, so let us see what hell will happen
I just argue to see if I can make some minor suggestions so that the new system is more friendly. I'm not totally against the new system, though I will have less chance of gaoji'ing.
Lally
Hmm is a nice idea,but i think many modders like me prefer to mod by they own rule, because in the list of modding queue i saw just high star rating maps, no maps already submitted and so on,i don't think is right to those mappers,all maps need a help even new mappers,hope this sistem can be improved because is a nice idea C:
Ekaru
*reads thread* Man, it's like I'm reliving the announcement of the SP system and kudosu all over again! :)
Flower

angelfix wrote:

i am willing to osu! recommend some maps, but use it to make the most important part of ranking system is crazy, different from PP system, game is a kind of sport, so ranking is useful, but mapping is a kind of art, ranking is just like shit.
Yep, that's it. High skipping penalty makes this queue compulsory. Just reducing the skipping penalty makes a big improvement.
Sieg

angelfix wrote:

the most unacceptable things is choose maps by a machine or we called it system, something never can be done by computer, like find a music we love, music radio always can not replace CDs. Today's system is not the best, but this one is the wrost.
But no one will force you to mod from queue. You can mod on your own and choose whatever you like. :?
Kodora

Sieg wrote:

But no one will force you to mod from queue. You can mod on your own and choose whatever you like. :?
main problem is queue maps have VERY big priority abuse. it is an indirect forcing.
Ekaru

Sieg wrote:

angelfix wrote:

the most unacceptable things is choose maps by a machine or we called it system, something never can be done by computer, like find a music we love, music radio always can not replace CDs. Today's system is not the best, but this one is the wrost.
Of course, it'll be very hard to become someone who can nominate maps if you do that.

...But that's the entire damn point. The point is that only people who are willing to mod all maps and not just maps they like are the ones who get privileges like being able to nominate maps. If you don't care about those privileges, however, feel free to mod whatever the hell you want. Just don't expect to get significant rewards for it.

EDIT:

main problem is queue maps have VERY big priority abuse. it is an indirect forcing.
You lose 50 SP whenever your map gets modded. I think that'll sort itself out over time.
Sieg

Ekaru wrote:

...But that's the entire damn point. The point is that only people who are willing to mod all maps and not just maps they like are the ones who get privileges like being able to nominate maps. If you don't care about those privileges, however, feel free to mod whatever the hell you want. Just don't expect to get significant rewards for it.
Exactly. I don't get why most of people miss that.
If you want nominate and work on system just use that system. If you don't... well your mods still helpful in improving map quality and if I get this correctly non-queue mod don't remove map priority position in queue.
Kodora

Ekaru wrote:

Again. People is not a modding machines. It is depends to song and map. Did BATs mod every map what people send to them? Hell no! This is just unneeded forcing, again, it will affect quality of mods.

Imagine if BATs will have queue like this - osu! mapping will die. This must cant be forsed, directly or indirectly.

Ekaru wrote:

You lose 50 SP whenever your map gets modded. I think that'll sort itself out over time.
What? Really? It is just retarded. Not all mappers are good modders. This is again just ridicilous indirectly forcing.
CXu

angelfix wrote:

you always emphasize feel free to mod, you can ignore this system, so why close mod queue? why minus points if you jump the maps? why add it into ranking system? don't lie in a pretty way
Because since you are free to go on as you are doing currently if you don't like the system, anything that happens in the system DOES NOT MATTER to you AT ALL.

Apparently you want whatever cool stuff the system has to offer, but refuses to follow the rules set by the system. If that's the case, then tough luck.
Topic Starter
peppy
Thread locked, posts deleted due to silly arguing and trolling.

Thanks for your feedback thusfar. I will develop the rest of the system and deploy it without further feedback, as this thread has fallen into an unrecoverable downwards spiral.
MillhioreF

peppy wrote:

real-time modding system map #1 map #2 (currently in testing stages)
active for these two maps only. not yet linked to the rest of the system. please use these for real-world testing – as in mod them properly if you are going to post anything.
Bumping for further visibility. Feel free to mod one of these two maps if you want to experience the new system early.