forum

Poll 15: Would you buy an osu! graphics tablet?

posted
Total Posts

Would you buy an osu! branded graphics tablet?

Yes
74.17%
No
25.83%
Total votes: 240
Polling ended
show more
thelewa

awp wrote:

do nibs really wear out that fast?

I've had an intuos3 for shit, I don't know how many years. 6 or 7? And still on my first nib. It doesn't see much daily use, but certainly over the duration of ownership

What sort of life expectancy do tablet nibs have?
They wear out way faster with osu! than drawing.

Back when I kept the tip of the pen on the tablet's surface, I used a nib per month.
Pacemaker
If the pen's design will be more comfortable than the Wacom's, I'm totally gonna buy it. Wacom pens have this annoying button that forces you to develop a special way of holding it to avoid pressing it all the time.
MMzz

Pacemaker wrote:

If the pen's design will be more comfortable than the Wacom's, I'm totally gonna buy it. Wacom pens have this annoying button that forces you to develop a special way of holding it to avoid pressing it all the time.
Or you can just turn that button off in the settings.

But in relation to the tablet. I would buy one just to have it.
Cyclohexane
I wouldn't buy such a product because I do not need a graphics tablet for anything.
Galkan

Mr Color wrote:

I wouldn't buy such a product because I do not need a graphics tablet for anything.
Words taken right out of my mouth.
XPJ38
Nope, I already have one and don't use it anyway.
Cristian

zeroclover wrote:

any pictures?
i want to look it first o_o
yep.
miss_master_old
i'll buy a better used one rather than this.
Sakura
Idk, im happy playing with mouse, so i dont think i'd buy one.
Mercurial
Nah.

Since I just enjoy this game mapping, I don't see something useful for that tablet.
ztrot
personally it would be hit or miss really on one hand it would be nice to get some more osu swag out on the market but as far as using it would go I doubt I would have uses for it, I already own a tablet pc and two bamboo's and they hardly see use so if I were to buy it it would only be for the logo and nothing more.
RBRat3

Pacemaker wrote:

Pen design depends on the tablet gen and line... I love my grip pen which can be customized with or without a button bar and thick as a paintbrush.
ztrot
I've never had a problem with pen size then again i adapt pretty quickly I would be neat to see a concept of what the tablet would look like tho. That might be the biggest selling point.
RBRat3
5 bux says its pink :P
jemhuntr
If I'm gonna buy a tablet, I'll buy this one. I'm only gonna use it mainly for osu! anyways. :>

or maybe not since i'm more into osu!mania right now. XD

so basically i'm not sure.
Ableh
i'll consider about buying tablet cause im just a poor people :|
and...

zeroclover wrote:

any pictures?
i want to look it first o_o
Nessuka
Yes.
Kyonko Hizara
plz
Topic Starter
peppy
Obviously the design hasn't been customised yet, as that would take place further down the line, but here is a photo of the tablet. Note that the business card is only there for a size comparison, as I had nothing else on my desk which would be universally recognised.

To answer some questions: The pen is comfortably thick to hold. You can hover it further away from the tablet than any wacom I have used previously. It does not have pressure sensitive input. I'd like to look into getting a smaller size, but that may end up costing much more due to being non-standard, so assume the 8x5 or 8x6" for now.

As for customisation, I don't want to make it too obnoxious (aka pink), so it would likely remain black, but have osu! artwork printed on the tablet surface or border. I'd also hope to change the orange status light on it to pink or blue :P.
Fumika
I'd like to buy that :D
Kei
The tablet looks comfortable to use.. I like very much how simple it is. Also, the osu! logo would look awesome on it.
I would like to buy one of these but I got a Bamboo tablet recently. It's really a shame because this one is a lot more cheaper than the one I bought. :?
Winshley
Voted "No" because tablet's are kinda pricey anyway. Plus, I don't wanna use tablet only for osu! anyway. ;_;

I would say "Yes" if it's osu! mouse and/or mousepad. Or maybe keyboard with osu! logo on Windows key cap. xD
Dai
buy tablet, free supporter tag
RBRat3

peppy wrote:

It does not have pressure sensitive input..
SOLD... Now I can stop murdering intuos pens XD
ampzz
I'm totally into buying gimmicky products because I like wasting money... from what my best friend tells me.

Count me in.
Vish024
If I was a tablet user, I'd definitely be interested.
Tesu
want to buy :)
ekstragosong
no.

I rarely play with tablet. I'd rather have osu!customed mouse coz the good stuff are fricking pricey.
WASSHOI
I already have a tablet, but I may but an osu! tablet to have a portable one or something to use with my laptop. Considering I don't use my tablet for anything but osu!, I would have loved this deal back when I was still making my purchase.

If it's good enough, you may even get people outside of the osu! community buying it as a budget tablet. Wouldn't it be funny to see Wacom make a new model to compete with the osu! tablet's price range?
Niko-nyan

Winshley wrote:

Voted "No" because tablet's are kinda pricey anyway. Plus, I don't wanna use tablet only for osu! anyway. ;_;

I would say "Yes" if it's osu! mouse and/or mousepad. Or maybe keyboard with osu! logo on Windows key cap. xD
skyboy19
no for me, but maybe my friend would be interested to buy this one since he searching a good cheap tablet for drawing and playing osu of course

some people say no because most of them are playing with their mouse
BulldozA
I would get one as long as it has a good design
KaaiYukiChan
if it's cheaper than any other tablets YES XD
i also want to use it to draw ._.a
Axection
I thought, it was Touchscreen Tablet like iPad (osu!stream) or Tab (osu!droid), so it looks like "touchscreen monitor extension for Windows 7 *especially osu!*".

oh, I'm wrong. It looks much more like drawing pad instead of touchscreen tablet.

looks I won't buy that. playing osu! with pen like that is really hard... better "touch with fingers" XD

IMO... 8-)
Tanzklaue
hm, problem is, with the shipping costs, it's probably as expensive as a wacom tablet. so it isn't a real alternative, and the only thing that makes it special is that it is an osu!-tablet.

if the price was much lower as a wacom tablet, it would be an real alternative (and without shipping, it already is that kind of alternatve).
Meru

skyboy19 wrote:

some people say no because most of them are playing with their mouse
maybe same like me, but I always curious how it feels play with tablet o.o
gbs tap
Hell yea!!
Garven
Why not. I think I'll come up with some other purposes too, just so I don't feel like I invested in something solely for this game >_>
Wishy
I think of this as a terrible idea, because:

1- Most people usually say "YEAH I'D BUY THAT XD" but actually they won't for several reasons. They even don't care that much, or are underage and have no way to pay for it, etc.

2- You can get an excellent Wacom product for pretty much the same money or maybe a little more. There is no real reason to buy some new brand, not as good product just to save a few bucks. Remember Wacom's CTH 460 (tablet everyone used before CTL series came out) is only $55 on Amazon, while pen only model must be a little cheaper (guessing around 45 bucks from the price difference I saw years ago when I bought my tablet). So, would you buy a random brand (no offense) tablet instead of a top brand one just for saving like 10 bucks? General answer will be: no.

3- People buying graphic tablets for serious reasons (not for osu!) will get a Wacom, always, since they're the best for any kind of art/design works. Really you gotta be an idiot if you seriously intend to do some design works and get an osu! tablet instead of a Wacom just for saving 15 bucks, which is not that much money anyways.

4- People buying a tablet just for osu! obviously don't care that much about money (yo you're buying a tablet for a goddamn rhythm game), and since they will ask for advice here and everyone will tell them Wacom is the best and that pros use Wacom tablets, then they'll probably go for the same. If you buy a tablet just for osu! it usually means you're somewhat serious about it, so you won't risk getting a possibly bad/worse tablet.

5- Battery pen is a bad and uncomfortable feature too.

6- Used Wacom tablets are way cheaperr, and usually work just fine for osu!.

If you want it to really sell in the end, you gonna have to make it WAY cheaper than a Wacom, 10 bucks cheaper is not enough imo (well, idiots may buy it/people wanting to support osu!). Well, actually most people are clueless about this kind of stuff, so yeah you could give it a try if there's no much to lose. I might buy one just for the sake of having it, wouldn't give it any use though since my Wacom is 2 years old and still perfectly working.
XPJ38

Wishy22 wrote:

Most people usually say "YEAH I'D BUY THAT XD" but actually they won't for several reasons. They even don't care that much, or are underage and have no way to pay for it, etc.
This, sadly. 65% of the community (based on this General Discussion poll) are less than 18 years old and probably don't have a credit card to buy a tablet. The poll results here are thus heavily distorted.

I am pretty sure for example that Renobagus (3 posts above), even if he says yes, won't buy one because 1/ he is 14 years old and 2/ he plays CtB.
show more