forum

Home Made Kazoku - Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~

posted
Total Posts
show more
Miya
the design is not bad, it's good imo :D
But that part makes me confused ;_; especially when you encounter it for the first time.
Well, let's see if you can come up with something new :)
Hinsvar
Hi there.

*Usual note: Gold ones are a must-do. Yes, I'm playing with my avatar. Everything in red are things that look awkward to me (subjective suggestions; you can follow my lead here or not); everything else are rants and minor suggestions to make things look cooler.

>General
  1. Add Naruto Shippuuden to the Source column. This song was used as the first ending there.
  2. Consider adding "ending" to Tag?
>marshall_racer's Easy
  1. 00:24:461 (4) - Whistle?
  2. 00:30:206 - ...Why is there a short kiai time? I think it looks pretty unfitting. (Occured @ Normal and Hard too.)
  3. 01:57:015 (1) - Can this be shaped better? :P
  4. 01:59:568 (3) - ^
  5. 03:13:610 - Short kiai time again? (Occured @ Normal and Hard too.)
  6. 03:23:823 - ^
  7. 04:14:887 - ^
>Normal
  1. 04:08:504 (1,1,1) - Why are there NCs?
  2. 04:09:781 (1) - ...This slider looks funny, yet cool.
>Hard
  1. 04:08:823 (1,1,1) - ...NCs again? Care to explain why this place (and the one at Normal) is full of them?
  2. 04:09:781 (1) - ...This looks very large. Don't know why, but it looks strange.
Overall, I think the beatmap is great. Nothing confusing or looking bad, just a hitsound suggestion and rants from me. And yes, this song is cool.

Good luck on the way ;)
marshallracer

Hinsvar wrote:

marshall_racer's Easy
  2. 00:30:206 - ...Why is there a short kiai time? I think it looks pretty unfitting. (Occured @ Normal and Hard too.)
left the kiai flashes since they make some parts look epic and are cool (as long as CXu agrees with me)

Download: Home Made Kazoku - Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~ (CXu) [marshall_racer's Easy].osu
Topic Starter
CXu

Hinsvar wrote:

Hi there. - Hya ~~ Time to finally fix this mod. Sorry it took so long xD

*Usual note: Gold ones are a must-do. Yes, I'm playing with my avatar. Everything in red are things that look awkward to me (subjective suggestions; you can follow my lead here or not); everything else are rants and minor suggestions to make things look cooler.

>General
  1. Add Naruto Shippuuden to the Source column. This song was used as the first ending there. - It's the full song though, so does this still have to be in the source?
  2. Consider adding "ending" to Tag? - ^
>marshall_racer's Easy
>Normal
  1. 04:08:504 (1,1,1) - Why are there NCs? - Well, I just like it for no reason xD
  2. 04:09:781 (1) - ...This slider looks funny, yet cool. - <3
>Hard
  1. 04:08:823 (1,1,1) - ...NCs again? Care to explain why this place (and the one at Normal) is full of them? - Because I like it :D Well it's mostly for HP recovery before the long slider.
  2. 04:09:781 (1) - ...This looks very large. Don't know why, but it looks strange. ;_;
Overall, I think the beatmap is great. Nothing confusing or looking bad, just a hitsound suggestion and rants from me. And yes, this song is cool.

Good luck on the way ;)
Thanks for modding, Not changing much though. I'll be checking with other people if I have to add Naruto to tags. I want to consider this mapping a Home Made Kazoku song instead of a full version of a Naruto ending :p
Topic Starter
CXu
Posting so the map doesn't randomly go to graveyard because I forget or smth
Leorda
Hi there

[marshall_racer's Easy]
01:53:185 - Add note here?
01:55:738 - ^
02:16:163 (4) - Make a same slider as 02:14:887 (3) for better pattern? (Nazi)
03:49:993 (1,1) - What's the point having 2 spinner?

[Normal]
00:16:163 (2) - The tail slider is touch the HP Bar (just a warning)
01:56:376 (3) - You forgot to put normal sampleset for tail slider
02:29:568 (4) - End it at 02:30:206?
04:04:355 (3,1) - Not stack correctly with tail slider at gameplay

[Hard]
00:24:302 (7) - Remove repeating slider and add 00:25:100 for better rhythm
01:43:610 - Add note here and add clap?

Once you done, PM me for recheck
Topic Starter
CXu

Leorda wrote:

Hi there

[marshall_racer's Easy]
01:55:738 - ^
03:49:993 (1,1) - What's the point having 2 spinner?

[Normal]
00:16:163 (2) - The tail slider is touch the HP Bar (just a warning) - Ah, oops. Curved the slider a bit~
01:56:376 (3) - You forgot to put normal sampleset for tail slider- Yupp, you're right. Fixed~
02:29:568 (4) - End it at 02:30:206?- I probably had some deep meaning ending the slider there, but I don't remember it now, so changed.
04:04:355 (3,1) - Not stack correctly with tail slider at gameplay - Hmm, I think i got it fixed.

[Hard]
00:24:302 (7) - Remove repeating slider and add 00:25:100 for better rhythm - I like this like it is actually. I'm following that long sound in the background xD
01:43:610 - Add note here and add clap? - There is a stop here in the lyrics, and I want to add this stop into the mapping, so no changes :D

Once you done, PM me for recheck
Thanks for modding :D
marshallracer

Leorda wrote:

Hi there

[marshall_racer's Easy]
01:55:738 - ^ ughh, getting creative and instantly everyone getting picky ... well, ok
03:49:993 (1,1) - What's the point having 2 spinner? because I changed it to one long one x3
Download: Home Made Kazoku - Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~ (CXu) [marshall_racer's Easy].osu
Leorda
Good job~

Bubbled

To next modder
: the falling star slider is fine, so it's easily to play it
Topic Starter
CXu
Yay \:D/
IceBeam
hi again! :D

[Easy]
01:54:461 (1) - whyyy,please fix spacing

[Normal]
03:41:695 - there's very obvious bass note,could you add an object? it confuses me :s

[Hard]
01:08:504 (8) - here too,though it plays fine,but still can resist to skip bass notes :s

that's what disturbed me the most,the rest is good!
marshallracer

IceBeam wrote:

[Easy]
whoops ^^''
fixed :3

Topic Starter
CXu

IceBeam wrote:

hi again! :D

[Easy]

[Normal]
03:41:695 - there's very obvious bass note,could you add an object? it confuses me :s - Sure xD

[Hard]
01:08:504 (8) - here too,though it plays fine,but still can resist to skip bass notes :s - I really want to just follow the vocals here :(

that's what disturbed me the most,the rest is good!
Thanks! \o (Oh right, should I kudosu you for this too? That is, if I should kudosu a recheck/remod thing xD)
IceBeam
ranked! ;)

CXu rejected to add a source,so we decided to set J-Hip-Hop genre
marshallracer

IceBeam wrote:

ranked! ;)

CXu rejected to add a source,so we decided to set J-Hip-Hop genre
w-w-wait a second, for real now? o.o'
Topic Starter
CXu
yay \:D/
spboxer3
gratz~
Topic Starter
CXu
Waitwhat just happened
kriers

CXu wrote:

Waitwhat just happened
ninja unrank /o/
Nardoxyribonucleic
The beatmap becomes not approved @@
LunarSakuya
i finish hard and suddenly
---Assault[K]---
ninja unrank. and i had to S it before it got unranked xD
---Assault[K]---

LunarSakuya wrote:

i finish hard and suddenly
same here
Miya
Maybe some BAT didn't approve it because the source and the artist name.
Topic Starter
CXu
Ooooor it's probably the last slider
Dangaard
I'm very sorry, but most parts of the map are not snapped correctly. The main rhythm of the song and lyrics is in 1/6 snap, so I'm afraid you have to rework most of your map, including spacing for the correct snap.
kriers
. . .

<----
Miya
yes, it's obviously 1/6. Not 1/4 :(
---Assault[K]---
The last slider was perfectly fine to me CXu
kriers . . . B****please? LOL
Yasora
then, I guess the source : Naruto Shippuden
Genre: anime?
tags: ending? :O
because I saw this , it's full ver, but has source and the genre is anime... imo
LunarSakuya
lmao i get to keep my 1st in normal

Edit: and yeah I believe it should be naruto shippuuden as the source
Topic Starter
CXu

Dangaard wrote:

I'm very sorry, but most parts of the map are not snapped correctly. The main rhythm of the song and lyrics is in 1/6 snap, so I'm afraid you have to rework most of your map, including spacing for the correct snap.
And this hinders playability and enjoyment of the map? Just wondering. I've known that the rhythm is mainly 1/6 for a while, but really, the patterns I've used mostly doesn't fit with 1/6 (yes I did try) and I do think the map plays fine even in 1/4.
If there are any parts that feels horribly wrong when you play, then I'll gladly fix that, but I don't think the 1/4 makes the map iorhjerioh8ih38 or anything. Then again, whatever is my opinion worth here, lol.
HakuNoKaemi
there are only some 100able notes, actually....

but yeah only some... the sliders like this are fun to play actually ...
Dangaard

CXu wrote:

Dangaard wrote:

And this hinders playability and enjoyment of the map? Just wondering. I've known that the rhythm is mainly 1/6 for a while, but really, the patterns I've used mostly doesn't fit with 1/6 (yes I did try) and I do think the map plays fine even in 1/4.
If there are any parts that feels horribly wrong when you play, then I'll gladly fix that, but I don't think the 1/4 makes the map iorhjerioh8ih38 or anything. Then again, whatever is my opinion worth here, lol.
It might be playable with 1/4 snap, but still music is the basic of this game. Mapping means to follow the music and eventually expand it with some extras, but the main rhythm should be present.

Feel free to ask me for help to get this finished again.
Topic Starter
CXu
*Sigh* Other than remapping this all the way from scratch, there is no way to make the patterns fit in 1/6 and at the same time play well (even after respacing and all that). So yeah, currently I have no real image of how the map should look in 1/6, so unless I can get an idea of how to map this, I'm leaving it as is for now. + The flow and the way I mapped it right now was kinda how I wanted to map the song when I did start to map it, so just remapping the whole thing feels kind of like "screw the way I want the map to feel" thing.
HakuNoKaemi
Dangaard your partially wrong...
It's not completely 1/6, it's a mix of 1/6 and 1/4.
marshallracer
*insert qq here*
considering I could make the Easy nicer while we're at it ...
HakuNoKaemi
That's an example of mixed snaps:
He sing a bit faster some time, that's the part with 1/6, differently, he "hold" more and sing more slowly during 1/4 parts ( there are time the notes are 3/4 distant )
But yeah, he sing at 1/6 AND 1/4.

Download: Home Made Kazoku - Nagareboshi ~Shooting Star~ (CXu) [Hard(Mixed Snap)].osu
Dangaard
Yes, it's a mix of 1/6 and some 1/4. Sorry if this wasn't clear before.
marshallracer

Dangaard wrote:

Yes, it's a mix of 1/6 and some 1/4. Sorry if this wasn't clear before.
so ... what now?
show more