forum

Favorite Final Fantasy game that you've played and the worst?

posted
Total Posts
show more
YodaSnipe
That is very true @awp.

Dislike the game because you don't like the game, don't dislike it because so many people rave about it. I personally loved the materia system, and it was a pretty enjoyable game overall. I am not a huge fanboy but I do enjoy it. I would argue that the prequel to VII (Crisis Core) was a MUCH better game. Goddamnit Zack WHYYYYY. If there were a guy like Zack irl I'd definitely be gay for him... js... don't judge me...
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

If there were a guy like Zack irl I'd definitely be gay for him... js... don't judge me...
O.O
YodaSnipe
I said don't judge me. He's the epitome of awesome, and I am awesome too. awesome + awesome = so fkin awesome.

so yeah I'd be gay for Zack
Fav: FF VII, they put a all their resources into 1 title and made a good game...
Hate: FF VII, it's overated...
don't call me a hypocrite, i liked it, and i hated it, and i only played 3 FF games so... yeah... -also kinda hates square enix for lieing to their already diminishing fans-
SereneMidnight

411662 wrote:

Fav: FF VII, they put a all their resources into 1 title and made a good game...
Hate: FF VII, it's overated...
don't call me a hypocrite, i liked it, and i hated it, and i only played 3 FF games so... yeah... -also kinda hates square enix for lieing to their already diminishing fans-
That's what I should of said... -__-
eIohim
Favorite: FF VIII
Worst: FF X-2
YodaSnipe
You know a lot of people hate FF XII but I actually really enjoyed it. On the other hand, although FF VI had like the greatest villain of all time, I didn't enjoy that one as much :/
awp

411662 wrote:

they put all their resources into the first Final Fantasy. That's actually why they called it Final Fantasy. It was supposed to be their last effort before going under, but it turned out to be successful, sooooooo
YodaSnipe
Gotta love miracles.
MoodyRPG
FF1 - Mystical Quest: 8/10
FF2: 7/10
FF3: 10/10
FF5: 8/10
FF7: 6/10

For now i'm playing those FF
KilladeKill
1st: FF10
2nd:FF12
3rd:FF10-2
Worst:13-2
YodaSnipe
Why is XIII-2 worst? It's a fantastic game, with tameable monstarsss!!! Plus time travel is win
kitkattt_old
FFX <3 My first and favourite.
Kurokami

kitkattt wrote:

FFX <3 My first and favourite.
FFX-2 is better because of Yuna. <3
YodaSnipe
A lot of people don't like FFX-2. The thing is, it's ENTERTAINING. Which earns it points in my book :D
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

A lot of people don't like FFX-2. The thing is, it's ENTERTAINING. Which earns it points in my book :D
Sometimes when I played with it I also hate it, because sometimes I just didn't know what to do. I just wandered around and finally find the place. :D
Ivalset
FFX-2 is a really terrible game with the best battle system in a final fantasy game.
YodaSnipe

Ivalset wrote:

FFX-2 is a really terrible game with the best battle system in a final fantasy game.
Exactly, the battle system made it entertaining for me :P
awp

Ivalset wrote:

I didn't realize other people were smart enough to arrive at this conclusion
Ivalset
I still can't bring myself to beat that game, even with that admission.

There are still plenty of other rpg battle systems I prefer in any case, and I have Grandia Xtreme to look to as my favorite "awful game with an awesome battle system"
awp
I saw and almost bought that game a while back. Grandia was phenomenal, and Grandia 2 was very good. Grandia 3 I wasn't sure about, and anything called Xtreme, well...
Rukario
I want a mix between FF X and X-2. Story of X and battle system of X-2. That would be win.
YodaSnipe
Agreed. As overrated as VII is, I think it'd be nice to see it done in sexy HD. I mean Crisis Core looked so awesome, I can't help thinking about an HD VII!!!
Kurokami
Hmm...FFVII in HD, I like that game but because of the terrible grafics I didn't play too much with it but in HD it will be very intresting. *.*
kyuu09
///////////////
YodaSnipe
blasphemy! ff12 gambits ftw. Let the computer play for me!
Kurokami
^ FF9 is also good. ^^
-Athena-
Making a hd version of ffviii isn't gonna be as easy as remastering something like FFX, they have to start from scratch with all the design work so I don't think its very likely
Also I finished ffx-2 and thought it lacked in every aspect except gameplay and graphics lol, it was meant to be just an expansion though so I didn't mind

1 more thing: kurokami y u steal my Lily I was having a private affair with her :< (/hopes Athena didn't hear that)
YodaSnipe

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Making a hd version of ffviii isn't gonna be as easy as remastering something like FFX, they have to start from scratch with all the design work so I don't think its very likely
Also I finished ffx-2 and thought it lacked in every aspect except gameplay and graphics lol, it was meant to be just an expansion though so I didn't mind

1 more thing: kurokami y u steal my Lily I was having a private affair with her :< (/hopes Athena didn't hear that)
I never said it would be easy. I never said it'd take less than 10 years. I just think it'd be brilliant if they did re-do it in HD. Hell, I'd even accept it if they made it into an ARPG /love arpgs.
Kurokami

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I just like Lily because of her name. I always use the name "Lily" for my female characters and I hated all vocaloid stuff before I found Lily and she isn't an overrated vocaloid, hard to find pics too. ._.
^ kinda off topic. ._.

Well, to do FF7 in HD isn't an easy job, but they will sell a lots of copy, because so many ppls like it and too many ppls hate it just for the graffic. ._.
Scarlet-Lady
FF VI and VIII and IX are best for me
worst is FF V (but it's still good, owell)
Kurokami

Lady Vamps wrote:

Damn, I want to get FFV, I'm very unlucky because that game is too rare or I'm just not in the good place and time. :D
Dafydd

Kurokami wrote:

Lady Vamps wrote:

Damn, I want to get FFV, I'm very unlucky because that game is too rare or I'm just not in the good place and time. :D
You can always use an emulator.
The roms are just everywhere. :D
Kurokami

Dafydd wrote:

You can always use an emulator.
The roms are just everywhere. :D
True, but I hate to use emulator. ._. And I always want to own the game itself.
YodaSnipe

Kurokami wrote:

True, but I hate to use emulator. ._. And I always want to own the game itself.
yeah it's not quite the same.
Mukku
Favourite: FFVII
Worst: Propably X. Not sure though.
Kurokami

Mukku wrote:

FF 10 is not as bad as FF 12. ._. Sh*t battle system. ._.
YodaSnipe
FF12 gambitssss!!! <3
I disagree with shit battle system
eIohim

Kurokami wrote:

Mukku wrote:

FF 10 is not as bad as FF 12. ._. Sh*t battle system. ._.
But, gambits were really nice...
Not to mention time saving.
YodaSnipe
^that
show more