forum

Favorite Final Fantasy game that you've played and the worst?

posted
Total Posts
show more
NixXSkate
least favorite is XIII, got old really fast and didn't bother to finish.

favorite was VII probably because it was my 1st, and i just loved playing as cloud, such an awesome main. the settings in FFVII were so memorable. playing this was the whole reason i got into FF games.
also really enjoyed:
VIII, because squall reminded me of myself so much, and had awesome music and cinematography.
X, i played this one the most to beat the dark aeons. i think this one was the best as far as gameplay, had a blast with it.
VI, SNES RPGs have some sort of magic to them. who can forget that world map theme?

IX was nice but didn't really like it as much as the other 4 mentioned, but it seems like everyone loves this one for some reason.
Kurokami
My favorite is maybe Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and the worst is FFXI on PS2.
bomber34
Fav. FFX (PS2) ~ Liked the story and it had voices so i didn't have to read everything. Also this round battle system is much comfortable for me, because i can think and rest easier in battles.
Worst FF: FFVII ~ The heroes were to emo and the story was kinda dull for me.
YodaSnipe
Fav in the main series: FFIV
Fav prequel/sequel: FFVII Crisis Core
Worst FF: I can't believe people have not unanimously agreed on this but FFXIV it's just... ugh...
awp
FF14 isn't technically out yet

oh hey
Hika
dat hair

So I finished FFXIII-2. I don't know about anyone else but I want a part 3 to come out. /not doing research
YodaSnipe

awp wrote:

FF14 isn't technically out yet

oh hey
sorry I forgot they sent me like 50 emails apologizing for making a shitty game saying I'll play for free forever.
awp
wouldn't be surprised if it was just free forever
YodaSnipe

awp wrote:

wouldn't be surprised if it was just free forever
I would never play it.

Even if it were free still.

Even if it were free forever.

OK maybe not NEVER, but I would at most check it out again...
Stefan
I don't like this game series. Completly. orz
Kurokami

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

aww ._.
SereneMidnight

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Then why are you posting in this topic? :P

On Topic: My favorite is still XIII, seeing that it's one of the first I've played and actually got me interested in the storyline. Another personal favorite is III.

The one I didn't like the most was VII, because of how much people loved that specific title. And don't get me started on the fangirls... While it is a good game, I can't see why people love it so much.
awp

SereneMidnight wrote:

The one I didn't like the most was VII, because of how much people loved that specific title.
everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that is actually a really turrible reason to not like something (since it isn't an attribute of the actual product)
YodaSnipe
That is very true @awp.

Dislike the game because you don't like the game, don't dislike it because so many people rave about it. I personally loved the materia system, and it was a pretty enjoyable game overall. I am not a huge fanboy but I do enjoy it. I would argue that the prequel to VII (Crisis Core) was a MUCH better game. Goddamnit Zack WHYYYYY. If there were a guy like Zack irl I'd definitely be gay for him... js... don't judge me...
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

If there were a guy like Zack irl I'd definitely be gay for him... js... don't judge me...
O.O
YodaSnipe
I said don't judge me. He's the epitome of awesome, and I am awesome too. awesome + awesome = so fkin awesome.

so yeah I'd be gay for Zack
Fav: FF VII, they put a all their resources into 1 title and made a good game...
Hate: FF VII, it's overated...
don't call me a hypocrite, i liked it, and i hated it, and i only played 3 FF games so... yeah... -also kinda hates square enix for lieing to their already diminishing fans-
SereneMidnight

411662 wrote:

Fav: FF VII, they put a all their resources into 1 title and made a good game...
Hate: FF VII, it's overated...
don't call me a hypocrite, i liked it, and i hated it, and i only played 3 FF games so... yeah... -also kinda hates square enix for lieing to their already diminishing fans-
That's what I should of said... -__-
eIohim
Favorite: FF VIII
Worst: FF X-2
YodaSnipe
You know a lot of people hate FF XII but I actually really enjoyed it. On the other hand, although FF VI had like the greatest villain of all time, I didn't enjoy that one as much :/
awp

411662 wrote:

they put all their resources into the first Final Fantasy. That's actually why they called it Final Fantasy. It was supposed to be their last effort before going under, but it turned out to be successful, sooooooo
YodaSnipe
Gotta love miracles.
MoodyRPG
FF1 - Mystical Quest: 8/10
FF2: 7/10
FF3: 10/10
FF5: 8/10
FF7: 6/10

For now i'm playing those FF
KilladeKill
1st: FF10
2nd:FF12
3rd:FF10-2
Worst:13-2
YodaSnipe
Why is XIII-2 worst? It's a fantastic game, with tameable monstarsss!!! Plus time travel is win
kitkattt_old
FFX <3 My first and favourite.
Kurokami

kitkattt wrote:

FFX <3 My first and favourite.
FFX-2 is better because of Yuna. <3
YodaSnipe
A lot of people don't like FFX-2. The thing is, it's ENTERTAINING. Which earns it points in my book :D
Kurokami

YodaSnipe wrote:

A lot of people don't like FFX-2. The thing is, it's ENTERTAINING. Which earns it points in my book :D
Sometimes when I played with it I also hate it, because sometimes I just didn't know what to do. I just wandered around and finally find the place. :D
Ivalset
FFX-2 is a really terrible game with the best battle system in a final fantasy game.
YodaSnipe

Ivalset wrote:

FFX-2 is a really terrible game with the best battle system in a final fantasy game.
Exactly, the battle system made it entertaining for me :P
awp

Ivalset wrote:

I didn't realize other people were smart enough to arrive at this conclusion
Ivalset
I still can't bring myself to beat that game, even with that admission.

There are still plenty of other rpg battle systems I prefer in any case, and I have Grandia Xtreme to look to as my favorite "awful game with an awesome battle system"
awp
I saw and almost bought that game a while back. Grandia was phenomenal, and Grandia 2 was very good. Grandia 3 I wasn't sure about, and anything called Xtreme, well...
Rukario
I want a mix between FF X and X-2. Story of X and battle system of X-2. That would be win.
YodaSnipe
Agreed. As overrated as VII is, I think it'd be nice to see it done in sexy HD. I mean Crisis Core looked so awesome, I can't help thinking about an HD VII!!!
Kurokami
Hmm...FFVII in HD, I like that game but because of the terrible grafics I didn't play too much with it but in HD it will be very intresting. *.*
kyuu09
///////////////
YodaSnipe
blasphemy! ff12 gambits ftw. Let the computer play for me!
Kurokami
^ FF9 is also good. ^^
show more