forum

Favorite Final Fantasy game that you've played and the worst?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KittenBorn
Mine would be Final Fantasy VI I had the best time playing it i can't really remember enjoying the other games as much I don't have a worst since I enjoyed finishing the games than realize how long have I been playing this o. o'
Backfire
The worst is
8 (come at me), 12 (To an extent, it's one of the better ones, but it's still not as good as the rest), 13 (13-2 arguably makes the 13 series better since it at least adressed a lot of major issues, but the original game is meh as fuck), 11/14 (11 having a large edge over 14).
In the main series, ofc. (Dirge of Cerberus takes the cake)

Best ones are
6 for the amazing characters, gameplay, etc etc etc can never get enough of that shit
7 for being almost omnipotent in the gaming world. You can hate it for being "overrated" but it will always, at the very least, show what Final Fantasy is all about.
9 for pretty much everything.
10 is a great game, fuck the haters. Has lots of memorable moments, great gameplay (aww yeh summons), lots and lots and lots of content. I played the fuck out of it when I was like 8 :v

1-5 are all mildly decent, but i'd consider them the middle ground of FF, along with the prequels/side-games that are usually pretty damn good for not being main games (Dissidia, Crisis Core, FFX-2 (shut up, I liked it :( ), 13-2)
Aoriki

Backfire wrote:

Best ones are
6 for the amazing characters, gameplay, etc etc etc can never get enough of that shit
....I love you.

xD No but seriously, Final Fantasy 6 is the best one for me and will always be the best FF game I've played. The reason? Gameplay, Music, Great story line (Yes, I know the world ends but you somehow manage to live...) And favorite scene would be the Play Scene.

Worst for me?
12 ....I actually feel asleep, with remote in hand, just passed out on the chair. There was a bit more talking then the other ones I've played but That just me.
Backfire
I love you too.
also I totally forgot about music.
FF6 ost is fucking magical. Kefka is the best villain ever.
Aoriki
Heck yeah! Kefka is the best villain~ Sephiroth has nothing with him.
Ivalset
Tactics was the best, all of the rest are terrible.
Backfire
I forgot those even existed. God tier games.
Lilac
I didn't mind Tactics.

Although, my attention span is so minimal when it comes to games, I didn't even finish that.
Ivalset
FFTA1 was pretty shitty but A2 was good enough gameplay wise to make up for its kiddy story. Red mages too strong, blue mages too strong, seers too strong, everyone too strong.
Rantai
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (original) and FF8 are tied for me.

FF13 was the worst I played.
Lilac
How can I forget Crystal Chronicles?

...I want to buy that game so badly now...
Two_old
ff7 was the worst

completely horrible story that everyone gushed over
Mastodonio
FF 9 is the best for me! The second place is between FF 10 & 8
FF 13 is the worst for me :/
-Athena-
Ff10 (2000 hours) was best
Worse was ff13, and even that was very good
NeoRainier
The sensations that FFIX brought me are unmatchable compared to every other FF

Still, FFVIII....that f***ing junction system...i wanna use magic! And i didn't even like their personalities at all. YELLOW TRAIIINS!
Soly
Sinistro
Best was 6. Music, characters, story, all awesome.

Worst was Tactics Advance. Marche can suck it.
Dangaard
The original Crystal Chronicles game still is one of my favorite games. I love it especially for its atmosphere.

I would probably consider FF13-2 as worst one. Even though I usually like time travel settings, I think this game was a poor attempt to approach the gamers after the very linear FF13, which at least had some story and more characters appearing.
-Athena-

Soly wrote:

I think the general rule of thumb is, anything past 10 is shit. I have been warming up to 12 recently though so I might add an exception for that.
I didnt like 12 the first time I picked it up.. It felt too.. Different
But after one year I tried it again and really loved it. Though the story pales in comparison to previous FF's, the gameplay and wonderful graphics made up for it.
Gabi
The best FF games are FF 7 and FF 9. FF 6 was ofcourse also gold <3

FF 8 was the worst for me, only ever finished that game twice.
show more