forum

How to stream faster in 1 day

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
higurush
I made a video for those people who are bad at streams. Note that I am still not a pro at streams, but with these techniques I could stream 1,5-2x faster within a very short time.

[HD] Osu! Stream techniques for dummies. ( Tutorial )

:!: Please do not flame here. Some people would treasure this video. :!:
kriers
worry about accuracy before speed .-.
Salvage
Sadly i almost allways miss with my tablet and not the kb, pretty stupid on certain spacings :(
gat1toneku
i still don't really get it ==
so which technique should i use to stream fast?
Kuria
click more, stream more.
very simple conclusion yet not all the people really take an attention about it :/
Mismagius
speed > accuracy

that's what I learned with tapping
Liut

gat1toneku wrote:

i still don't really get it ==
so which technique should i use to stream fast?
you should stream fast with your own "more comfortable" position .
Other then that it's just natural preposition and a bit of practice
Royboyvdm
That hitting 2 buttons on the same time seems a bit unaccurated, not like if im streaming im even trying to pay attention to the rithme or timing, just trying to combo it and not fail the map XD
Topic Starter
higurush

kriers wrote:

This topic is not about accuracy, but streamspeed : )
The accuracy is everyone's own problem. They should practice more and more.
CXu

kriers wrote:

those

higurush wrote:

kriers wrote:

This topic is not about accuracy, but streamspeed : )
The accuracy is everyone's own problem. They should practice more and more.
The stream speed is everyone's own problem. They should practice more and more.
Liut
so what ? op didn't say "stream speed it's everything!!1111!!!"
higurush putted efforts to help someone .
kriers
if you wanna get good: find a comfortable streaming technique -> master lower bpm like 120-140 bpm (mastery = 98-100% accuracy on od8) -> use this technique on higher bpm and sync your fingers to all kinds of paces
Topic Starter
higurush

those wrote:

The stream speed is everyone's own problem. They should practice more and more.
Let's presume that the one, who needs help is accurate and can do jumps too etc, but only lack the streamspeed. : )

Liutprando wrote:

so what ? op didn't say "stream speed it's everything!!1111!!!"
higurush putted efforts to help someone .
Yup, stream speed is not everything. That's why I made the video. I am one of those speedjumpers who lacked the streamspeed before and I developed my own technique to be able to do any kind of stream, but at least have no miss on them.

higurush wrote:

:!: Please do not flame here. Some people would treasure this video. :!:
YodaSnipe
OMG that acc is so horrible. People should really not listen to this dude, won't help you at all. If you wanna get better at streaming do exactly like kriers said, that's pretty much what I do and any stream that I can keep up with is probably going to be 98-100% acc.
Mesita
shouldn't a rythm game be more about accuracy?
Well, i hope this tutorial helps someone in the future, but in my experience, if you wanna get faster fingers then you have to start playing faster songs all day untill you get them.
Salvage
Yep, accuracy > speed all the way, everyone should understand this first before wanting to be cookiezi.
silmarilen
this topic isnt about accuracy, its about speed.
if you think this video is crap because you get a low accuracy go make your own topic about streaming high speed with good accuracy, this is about just streaming high speed and not caring about accuracy.
Drafura

silmarilen wrote:

this topic isnt about accuracy, its about speed.
if you think this video is crap because you get a low accuracy go make your own topic about streaming high speed with good accuracy, this is about just streaming high speed and not caring about accuracy.
Maybe people think this is not the good way to become an accurate streamer. I mean, it's ok for speed but who really want to have only speed ? The next step should be accuarcy + speed and starting with this training may not be right for the final objective...
aRtii-
just play everyday
Agnes
Not even gonna fully participate in this conversation. But holy shit.

It's osu!. Not Osu!. :I
kriers

Agnes wrote:

Pff that is so pedantic. Who cares?
Agnes

kriers wrote:

Agnes wrote:

Pff that is so pedantic. Who cares?
I doooo.

Besides, it's not gonna be my problem once Rena-chan enters the thread about this guy's skill.
Cho_old
Being able to pass a stream no matter your accuracy is better than not being able to do it atall.

<-- 140bpm limit for 10 months now.
Kanye West

Cho wrote:

Being able to pass a stream no matter your accuracy is better than not being able to do it atall.

"Passing" streams is not hard.

Step 1. Line up your cursor properly
Step 2. Insert face on keyboard (or mouse).
Step 3. Roll face back and forth.

Only hard part about streams is being able to play them accurately (with all 300's).
kriers

Agnes wrote:

Rena-chan
Call the firefighters! Flame incoming! /o/
Natteke

kanye west wrote:

Cho wrote:

"Passing" streams is not hard.

Step 1. Line up your cursor properly
Step 2. Insert face on keyboard (or mouse).
Step 3. Roll face back and forth.

Only hard part about streams is being able to play them accurately (with all 300's).
That's exactly how I do it!
Cho_old
If "Passing" streams isn't hard then clearly I've missed something, because to me 150bpm+ is just impossible.
kriers

Cho wrote:

If "Passing" streams isn't hard then clearly I've missed something, because to me 150bpm+ is just impossible.
stop whining. Not everyone is bound to get good at this game.
Try a new peripheral?
Or maybe revise your technique.

Possibilities are endless!
Jenny

kriers wrote:

if you wanna get good: find a comfortable streaming technique -> master lower bpm like 120-140 bpm (mastery = 98-100% accuracy on od8) -> use this technique on higher bpm and sync your fingers to all kinds of paces
120-170 BPM 100%, 170-190 >97%, 200-210 >95% ;w;
Topic Starter
higurush
Okay then. Let's imagine a song which is very fast, have nice spacing and timing with perfect jumps, but the beatmap comes to a streampart that you can't do normally. You find yourself troubled, annoyed, you are in great anger that you can't stream faster to not to miss that streampart. If you do one of the techniques this vid shows you, that fits to that beatmap's part you could pass that stream. After all, passing is better than missing right? Your accuracy at the end will still be around 95-98% and the FCing is not a problem within.

On the other hand, you could gain this advantage in 1 day. It's faster than practicing a whole month to get you fingers faster. Most of the players are playing this game as a hobby. They just want to have some fun, but there are parts in beatmaps that could ruin their fun. They don't have time to practice day by day. They need something like a miracle that helps them instantly.

That is what this video about.
kriers

higurush wrote:

Okay then. Let's imagine a song which is very fast, have nice spacing and timing with perfect jumps, but the beatmap comes to a streampart that you can't do normally. You find yourself troubled, annoyed, you are in great anger that you can't stream faster to not to miss that streampart. If you do one of the techniques this vid shows you, that fits to that beatmap's part you could pass that stream. After all, passing is better than missing right? Your accuracy at the end will still be around 95-98% and the FCing is not a problem within.
That is like taking a shortcut into a realm you don't belong to. If you keep taking shortcuts, you will possibly cut off your ability to do streams the proper way and you could end up stuck at 200 bpm+

higurush wrote:

On the other hand, you could gain this advantage in 1 day. It's faster than practicing a whole month to get you fingers faster. Most of the players are playing this game as a hobby. They just want to have some fun, but there are parts in beatmaps that could ruin their fun. They don't have time to practice day by day. They need something like a miracle that helps them instantly.

That is what this video about.
Yeah ok if that's all there is to it from your part, then be my guest. I know people who regard this game for nothing more than a game to increase reflexes and don't give a single thought towards accuracy even despite the fact that this is a rythm game :(
Compared to those, you're not even close to as bad since you're just trying to get better.

Anyways. Good luck with that and it's nice that you want to share your discovery with others, but really, no thanks.
Topic Starter
higurush

kriers wrote:

That is like taking a shortcut into a realm you don't belong to. If you keep taking shortcuts, you will possibly cut off your ability to do streams the proper way and you could end up stuck at 200 bpm+
Taking shotcuts always make disadvantages for you. But well, I can do 230 bpm streams. Developing time was around 2 weeks, but it can be learned in 1 day. Insant boost up in 2 weeks. That's what I need. Before I developed this thing I could barely do 150 bpm longstreams. Now its up to my mood how much bpm I want to do : )
Isn't this fine for a hobbyst? I just want to enjoy the song, this freaking good game. Isn't all the rythm games about? :d

kriers wrote:

Yeah ok if that's all there is to it from your part, then be my guest. I know people who regard this game for nothing more than a game to increase reflexes and don't give a single thought towards accuracy even despite the fact that this is a rythm game :(
Yeah, accuracy matters for a rythm game too, but not everyone could SS every map. I mean its enough to get 95-98% acc on a map.
kriers

higurush wrote:

kriers wrote:

Taking shotcuts always make disadvantages for you. But well, I can do 230 bpm streams. Developing time was around 2 weeks, but it can be learned in 1 day. Insant boost up in 2 weeks. That's what I need. Before I developed this thing I could barely do 150 bpm longstreams. Now its up to my mood how much bpm I want to do : )
Isn't this fine for a hobbyst? I just want to enjoy the song, this freaking good game. Isn't all the rythm games about? :d
how can you know it only takes 2 weeks? save 1 day!?
Say if I find some new technique to work at and share it with my friends, I always end up with the most benefits in the shortest amount of time, simply because I'm a better player >_>
Topic Starter
higurush

kriers wrote:

how can you know it only takes 2 weeks? save 1 day!?
I mean I developed the technique in 2 weeks, but most of the people could learn this in 1 day. Say what, I save time for them, while I am making sweat for it. And just share this for free.

What do I get for it?
  1. 10% Thank You
  2. 30% General stuff
  3. 60% Flame, bullying, etc.
Does it worth the time?
  1. As a player? - Yes
  2. As a person? - No
kriers

higurush wrote:

What do I get for it?
  1. 10% Thank You
  2. 30% General stuff
  3. 60% Flame, bullying, etc.
but I did discoveries like these too. You know what I did? I kept my mouth shut, because I knew things like these would happen :>
show more