forum

[resolved] Bancho connectivity help & troubleshooting

posted
Total Posts
show more
peppy
This sounds like an issue with driver threading/cpu consumption. Try limiting osu!'s framerate to 60/120fps and see if it helps.
D__M

peppy wrote:

This sounds like an issue with driver threading/cpu consumption. Try limiting osu!'s framerate to 60/120fps and see if it helps.
It worked. But won't having my Fps set to 120 have an impact on my gameplay? I mean, if it's on unlimited I can play with 1700 fps ><
peppy
No, it won't.
Yuzeyun
Since this morning, I can't get connected to osu!. It's stuck to "Loading Data" though I can get the rankings for the songs. When I retry or quit a song, I get "ERROR: Your password is incorrect". And when I changed it, I tried with the new one, and this got stuck to the login box..

EDIT : It seems like it's a box problem. I tried this with my mother's computer and this gets this bug too. Gotta fix the box.
Amaterasu_old
Since an hour ago or so I have trouble with the Bancho Connection apparently.

I logged into osu! like I always did, it took forever to receive the data and when it finally did I got the "Connection timed out" message, then after a few seconds was logged back into the game - it keeps repeating doing that like every 30 - 60 seconds so it's kind of a bother.

My internet connection is completely fine, Chrome and Messengers work as always, it's just osu! Anyone got an idea what can be done about it? I just kept playing but my friends are starting to complain because they keep getting messages about me going on and off.
peppy
Likely an issue with your ISP, or the routing between your ISP and osu!. Gove it a bit and it should fix itself.
Yuzeyun

peppy wrote:

Likely an issue with your ISP, or the routing between your ISP and osu!. Gove it a bit and it should fix itself.
Actually, a reboot was enough. Thanks anyways !

@Ente : Did you try rebooting your box ? That might be an issue. Not sure of it though.
peppy
If a reboot fixed it, you may want to double-check any firewall/security apps you are running. They might be doing weird stuff.
Amaterasu_old

_Gezo_ wrote:

peppy wrote:

Actually, a reboot was enough. Thanks anyways !

@Ente : Did you try rebooting your box ? That might be an issue. Not sure of it though.
I did a reboot earlier on the website of my box, but guess that didn't do the trick. After rebooting the box it seems fixed. Thank you!
NekuSoul
Hello, don't know if this is the right Topic, but:
I was trying to connect to the IRC via Trillian (Multi-Messenger), after some Problems i solved by myself, i was able to connect to the Chatrooms. But now I want to add certain Members to my Contact-List, but they always show up as not Connected, even if I try this with myself. I tried several Names like "NekuSoul", "nekusoul", "NekuSoul|osu" but none of them seemed to work. Does anyone have a solution to this?
Thanks in Advance

Edit: Same thing with "XChat". Is there really no way to enable this?
Caialn
I was referred to this topic ^_^
I have tried all of these solutions! I allowed the two ports in. I don't have a Vista laptop. I can't add exceptions to those three IP's however because I don't know how. I have tried logging out and back in.
Bancho keeps randomly disconnecting me. It never used to do this in multiplayer! Help?
Phenomz
Well, today I was playing like always, got some score etc etc. Then a friend opened his account here (he's supporter) and we downloaded few songs from osu!direct. Everything was okay, then I turned my PC off for a while. Few hours later I turned it on and opened osu, tried to login and it's stuck here years ago...

EDIT: I don't use a firewall, I already opened ports months ago, already reinstalled osu! and tried to login with a clean install, I have all my drivers update and I can browse internet and play other games, I haven't installed any program or changed any setting. It's very weird tbh...
Phenomz
Well as weird as it happened, as weird as it solved. Without doing anything I was able to reconnect. L0L.
Jelly
Hopefully that topic is still active - I'd like to ask some help, too.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61936&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
I actually asked it over 4 months ago (and I play Osu! for a year and a half, and Bancho never worked perfectly for me)
I really want to go online, I've got some friends playing and I just can't join them because of this problem > <
Sometimes I finally get a really good scoring, but it won't update & save it and rank me up because "connection failed" and it totally pisses me off!

EDIT: I'm also an osu! supporter, yet, most of the time - I can't use osu! direct because of this problem, which is totally unfair. I would really like to get some support.
canyoufeel12
Need Help!

I'm playing osu! on my PC using an External Hard Drive.
My problem is when i change a profile on my computer(i.e. Admin,Guest etc.) Currently on Guest.
My profile on osu! has been automatically logged out and i can't log-in, when i log-in it says "connecting" for a long time.
I found a file "[myprofilename.cfg]" on the osu folder, do i have to play on my profile? Beacause i play osu on my profile and on the guest profile.(lousy to type password)

Short:
I cant play osu! on Guest Account. Only on My Admin Account. Won't log me in on Guest Account.

Windows XP

Edit: Even in My Admin Account, can't still log-in.
DivinityX
Friend is having the same problem, we thought it was an issue with his user so he registered again and still same thing happened. He gets stuck at the connecting thing and it won't end >.< Any help at all would be appreciated.
Synergiance
A new note for people copying their Osu! installs from other computers:
Only copy the songs, Skins, and Replays folders to the new location before installing.
If you install over old installation files, you will not be able to connect, however will be able to log in offline. Solve this by deleting the Data folder and all the files in the main folder and running the install again with the repair option. Your profile will have been deleted, but that doesn't matter, as you should remember your password anyways.
Moonox
Hi, I have a problem when trying to connect to Bancho, enter my username and my password and osu! stay login infinitely plz respond me thk
mosluv
Having the same problem as above.
Yme
Haha... I thought there was something wrong with my internet...Guess it wasn't and turns out to be a bancho problem, so I hope it gets fixed soon. :) Time to Practice clicking insanely offline. :D
Charles445
A few minutes ago bancho started failing. I already tweeted about it. Best to just wait for a response/fix.

Roughly 200 have been dropped so far, it seems nobody can log in anymore.
Cherion_old
I have the same problem but something odd i noticed, on the main screen when you go to "view profile"
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/-1 <--- this account shows up and it`s not mine. My friend can`t log in either and he gets directed to same profile.

edit: if you didn`t notice, the account i get directed to, is banned.
Impulsive Zero
Ano...um I stoped playing osu for a while because it was pretty distracting but now that I'm trying to log in, it won't work : (
sCam
same can't login, but i can watch replays and i rank up and stuff.
Nerve_old
Same here.
Ayane X
same as above and thesame profile i get linked to
Cherion_old
It`s working again for me now.
Aqo
This issue has been bothering me for a while, I guess it's time to post it now.
At certain hours of the day, I can't connect to osu in-game. It's always the same hours. The site always works fine.
I believe the problem has something to do with my ISP, as I've asked other people who have other ISPs in my country and they're able to connect to osu in-game no problem through the entire day.

Between 2AM and 11AM, I can always connect fine and play multiplayer. In the rest of the day, the game fails to connect.
This is what I see: http://puu.sh/ide5

Playing at 2AM isn't exactly optimal, and I would rather be able to play multiplayer at normal hours. Or at least have my scores recorded. I tried changing DNS and it had no effect on the matter.

Here's the trace route results from osu.ppy.sh and cho.ppy.sh (this is being taken at 11PM):
to osu: http://puu.sh/idm8
to cho: http://puu.sh/idll

On a ping, I get a steady 240ms. Again, testing this at 11PM. All of the hours posted so far were GMT+2.

I tried opening the ports mentioned in the op, it had zero effect on the matter. For the record, I have multiple ports opened for purposes of direct-ip hosting on other games (that need other ports) and the port opening has effect and works correctly for them.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to play osu at home in normal hours.
Zelmarked
Increase fault tolerance please. I have fixed wireless internet and packet drop is an occurrence as consequence.

I almost always can obtain a beatmap by browser but osu!direct can pause and be stuck till I cancel and restart. This is not often enough to make it the unpreferred choice.

The perpetual, "lost connection" shortly followed by "welcome to bancho", at the bottom of my screen every minute is not wanted.

Worst yet is multiplayer. Losing connection means a lost game. Real time elements such as an individual's individual score on each note, current rank, and chat are inconsequential compared to not seeing the end scoreboard and moreover not being able to complete the game your in.

My internet varies as to it's connection but even at times where it stutters, I never at anytime fully lose connection but perhaps for a few seconds. I can confirm this by asking my clannies if I am connected at the times I notice the game d/cing and the answer is always yes. Most games can tolerate this and put packets on hold. It's a lag spike but it functions. Why can't osu?

Edit: I haven't had any problems for a vast while. Except multiplayer. It sucks to get d/ced.
[deleted user]
Please help >_< when i tried to log in it always says Bancho authenticaiton failed and if it didnt say that it will keep trying to log in but it will never log in no matter how long. I've wrote the right user and pass but it still stays like that. I cant play multiplayer, see rankings and i cant even record my scores to the internet. This is why im always lv 1. Please give me a solution. It's also updated already so its got the newest version.
-Athena-
It happens to me as well, less often than before though, weak Internet connections suck D:
XK2238
I got a problem here

My osu! won't load any avatars, which one is wrong between my osu! and my internet? ._.
Yuki-kun
Help me please. :(
From yesterday, i cannot log-in to the game or load any osu's page. I'm mean, i could connect to osu.ppy.sh, but it took very long time to load any page...or i can say: it can't load anything unless the banner.
When i tried to re-install and update the game, it can't load even 1%...still checking for update...(yes, only it)
I've asked some of my friend , same country (vietnam), and they have same problem with me.
Pls help me. Thanks. :(
P/s: I'm using my mobile device to post this.
jerry the man
i mean my avatar are invisible and osu are trying to connect but fail in the connection the whole time please help :(
xaumiie08
i cant log in :shock:
---Assault[K]---
i'm connected to bancho i can see online scores but i cant submit them. even after waiting 10mins... =.=
arikanon
I can't login T__T
SawadaAdam
I cant login and it will pop out say an error occur somewhere in osu.......
Rey Fullbuster
connection to bancho in-game is fine

but trough IRC by x-chat 2 i have a problem

it wont connect, pls help me
anotherchocobo
Please help, i kept trying to login, but it's written : "Bancho connection failed: Your copy of osu! is too old needs to be updated before online play is possible" i'm tryin' to update but it's already updated..
show more