Shortcut Key Reference
These shortcuts are available throughout various menus:
- Shift+F1: Open osu!status (when connection error)
- F7: Toggle FPS limiting mode
- F8: Show/Hide Chat
- F9: Show/Hide Extended Chat
- F10: Disables all mouse buttons. (Mouse wheel still works)
- F12: Take Screenshot (hold SHIFT to upload instantly to server for sharing)
- Arrow up/down: Increase/Decrease volume.
- F1: Previous Song
- F2: Play from start
- F3: Pause/Unpause
- F4: Stop
- F5: Next Song
- F6: Jump to (jukebox)
- Alt-Enter: Toggle Full-screen Mode
- Escape: Go back one menu
- P: Play mode (twice for osu! song select)
- P-M: Play mode (Multi-Play)
- P-S-T: Play mode (Taiko song select)
- P-S-C: Play mode (Catch the Beat song select)
- P-S-M: Play mode (osu!mania song select)
- E: Edit Mode (Song selection)
- J: Jump To (jukebox)
- Z/X/C/V/B: Jukebox controls (Winamp layout)
- D: osu!direct (supporters only)
- O: Options
- Q: Quit
- R: Random song
- F1: Mod Selection
- F2: Random Map (press twice quickly for instant random map)
- F3: Beatmap Options
- F5: Refresh listing (Repair mode)
- Shift-Delete: Delete current map
- Ctrl-Enter: Play current map with Auto mod
- Ctrl-A: Toggle Auto mod
- Up/Down: Change selection
- PageUp/PageDown: Change selection (Large)
- Enter: Make selection
Mods screenNote: Special modes like Perfect or Nightcore will require clicking on it once more.
- +/-: Adjust local offset (hold SHIFT/CTRL to change the precision)
- Escape: Pause (Quit song if Auto mod is used)
- Spacebar: Skip opening cut-scence.
- Tab: Toggle Scoreboard
- F3/F4: Adjust Speed Change for osu!mania.
- H: Help (Contains all the shortcuts shown below)
- Z: Stop
- X: Play from start
- C or Spacebar: Pause/Resume
- Left and Right arrow keys: Skip through the song. Hold shift for 4x speed
- Ctrl+B: Add bookmark at current location.
- Ctrl+G: Remove bookmark at current location.
- Ctrl+Left Arrow: Jump to previous bookmark.
- Ctrl+Right Arrow: Jump to next bookmark.
Save and Reset
- Ctrl+L: Revert to saved
- Ctrl+S: Quick save
- Ctrl+N: Remove all notes (but keep timing/song setup)
- F1: Compose mode
- F2: Design mode (only basics available at the moment)
- F3: Timing mode
- F4: Song setup
- Number keys 1-4: Change selection/placement mode
- Q,W,E,R,L: Change right-hand option modes
- Delete: Remove selected notes
- Ctrl+Z,Y: Undo,Redo
- Ctrl+A: Select all notes
- Ctrl+X,C,V: Cut, copy, paste
- Ctrl+D: Clone the selection
- Alt while placing: Snap distance based on time duration since last note
- Shift while placing: No grid snapping
- Shift while modifying: No grid or beat (time) snapping
- J/K: Nudge circle backwards/forwards in time
- G: Cycle through grid precision
- Ctrl+1-4: Grid sizes (tiny,small,medium,large)
- Ctrl+ , (comma): Rotate Anticlockwise/Clockwise
- Ctrl+H,J: Flip Horizontally/Vertically
- T: Tapping using the keyboard
- Shift while adjusting BPM/Offset: 4x speed
- Ctrl+B: Reset current timing point
- Ctrl+P: Add timing point
- Left Click: Place normal hit circles, start a slider or add a new point to a slider being placed. Select circles.
- Ctrl + Left Click: Add new point to existing slider.
- Right Click: Toggle new combo, end a slider placement or remove a point, remove a circle (only when in selection mode or while not playing audio).
- Mouse Wheel: Seek forwards/backwards. Hold shift for 4x seeking.
- Ctrl + Alt + Mouse Wheel: Change placement/selection mode while in gamefield.
- Ctrl + Mouse Wheel: Increase/decrease the snap divisor.
- Alt + Mouse Wheel: Increase/decrease the alt-snapping distance multiplier. Change timeline zoom while in timeline.
- Dragging: Moving selections of notes (position and time), moving points in a slider. Dragging the end of sliders or spinners on the timeline to extend them.