forum

Inoue Marina - Pieces of Sweet Stars

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
whymeman
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 1:54:39 AM

Artist: Inoue Marina
Title: Pieces of Sweet Stars
Source: Gurren Lagann
Tags: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Kirameki Yoko Box Pieces of sweet stars star Azure Kyte blissfulyoshi NachoPiggy ztrot rust45 x3ns0r alvisto Mystearica GAINAX Inoue Marina nsfw
BPM: 132
Filesize: 20864kb
Play Time: 04:13
Difficulties Available:
  1. Azure's S.t.a.r.S (4.97 stars, 750 notes)
  2. S.t.a.r.S (5 stars, 782 notes)
  3. Sweet Stars (3 stars, 224 notes)
  4. Tasty Stars (4.22 stars, 441 notes)
Download: Inoue Marina - Pieces of Sweet Stars
Download: Inoue Marina - Pieces of Sweet Stars (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Also, to anyone that is going to start complaining about the score (or certain things), READ THIS FIRST: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=439

Updates:

SPOILER
(9/22/09) [Sweet Stars] updated. More skin patchwork. Custom reversearrow.png added. CTB (Beta) elements added.
(9/26/09) Skin elements tweaked, BG changes, pause-overlay.png updated.
(9/27/09) Credits added. Final skin touches added in. Tinting Processor (Light Filter) added.
(9/28/09) Touchups added. SB Touchups.*
(9/29/09) [Azure's S.t.a.r.S] updated.
(10/1/09) Video changed to .avi format with better quallity (HQ Update option removed as well).
(10/2/09) Credits updated. Some SB fixes.
(10/08/09) Hitsound volume adjusted.
(10/09/09) Hit.pngs hue & brightness adjusted.
(10/18/09) Skin files updated.
(10/21/09) Song folder files reorganized. Deleted unnecessary files removed. All difficulties updated.
(10/23/09) Song title and artist changed. Extra .osb removed.
(??/??/09) Ranked.
Nachy
Here's the video for it, removed audio and compressed it a bit, ask me if you need something else or video needs re-compressing again.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4lttign5ryt
Topic Starter
whymeman
Okay, got the main stuff in...
ztrot
Great map Will mod soon but helped with a small error Was in the .osu mp3 related) <3
Topic Starter
whymeman
It should be fixed now. I think something screwed up on Full Submit. Thanks for letting me know about it. :D

Alright looking good so far.
Azure_Kite
Heya whyme~ here's my diff so far..

about 50% done without hitsounds, but it's coming along nicely :)

Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Azure's Mix].osu
Topic Starter
whymeman
Cool :-3

You don't mind if I call it [Azure's Stars] instead do you? I mean, to fit in to the theme if that is okay with you.
Azure_Kite
That's fine; I'll rename it myself when I provide the full diff ;P

EDIT: DONE!
Beats placed: 100%;
Hitsounds: 100%;

Also I Provided the BG for my diff, as I forgot to do so with my last upload.

And since I haven't full DL'd the beatmap again, just in case you haven't cleaned up the white pixels in the section pass skin element already, there's a fixed version here too ;P

Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Azure's S.t.a.r.S].osu
rust45
Didn't want to leave you hanging but 50% done and no hitsounds. I probably end it after the second chorus, otherwise it seems it will be too long.Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Rustastic Stars].osu
If someone mods it just tell me in #mod, and if I'm not online PM me. But I'm sure you can make minor changes.
Topic Starter
whymeman
Alright, cool :)

I'll get to work on it right away.
Ryuukun
[Sweet Stars]
No problems

[Azure's S.t.a.r.S]
No problems but are you serious?
this is more confusing than running backwards in a moving train while you can't see anything and a horse sits on your shoulders and its making jokes about ovens.

o_O

[S.t.a.r.S]
No Problems

[Rustastic Stars]
didn't check since he said that its not done yet
Topic Starter
whymeman

Ryuukun wrote:

[Sweet Stars]
No problems

[Azure's S.t.a.r.S]
this is more confusing than running backwards in a moving train while you can't see anything and a horse sits on your shoulders and its making jokes about ovens.

o_O

[S.t.a.r.S]
No Problems

[Rustastic Stars]
didn't check since he said that its not done yet
Well, I did notice how the two collab diffs. plays, though its kinda like the "beta" version atm. But we'll make sure to look into this during the process of getting the map done.
rust45
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Rustastic Stars].osu
Azure_Kite
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
whymeman

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Ryuukun wrote:

[Azure's S.t.a.r.S]
I must say this; somebody stop me if it's unnecessary: lol.

Currently working on fixing it, but are there any major offending areas for you? (Please Don't say the whole thing :()
Well, I could try to help point out some things to make it easier.

1.) The jumps - When the jumps are not carefully scaled and placed, it can cause confusion for its playability like with 00:40:23 (1,2) and 00:47:51 (1,2).

2.) The combos - Try to find the main points on when the combos end and start. For example 01:17:05 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20) and 01:25:92 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) kinda has some odd-fiting combos.

3.) Some spacing errors like with 01:32:51 (5,1). I know the distance snap is being unfriendly again :|

4.) Spinner + Hitnote combination - The set of this makes it feel like it was forced in 01:35:80 (1,1,1,1). You don't have to force the map to be "Insane", but it you can still make it hard while making it more playable.

5.) This would need to be redone a bit 02:52:51 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3
,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7). Some of the notes sounded out of place and the sequence of how the notes go to the beat kinda changes around a lot. Don't have to force a note to every beat because it causes the player to "guess" the flow of how the beats go along.

Not trying to sound mean about it but that could be what Ryuukun was having trouble with. I do like the little star sliders though, its cool :-3
Azure_Kite
Ok, I see; I'll try to make the map easier to understand. Sorry~
alvisto
Hi ! Fulfilling Azure_Kyte's mod request

Sweet Stars
01:07:74 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Idk it's whether only me or not, but I keep missing this when test-palying O_O Make no sense to me coz it doesn't sync to the music.
01:07:74 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
02:17:513 - This Kiai came out of nowhere. Consider repositioning it somewhere else.
02:24:78 (2) - not consistent with the rest "star~~~" . Shorten the slider so that it ends at white tick please.
01:49:786 - NAZI TIME ! Reinsert break, loool.
01:03:474 - ^
00:35:012 - ^
02:18:195 - ^
Actually, just reinsert all breaks lool

So tired to continue right now.... Can I continue to mod tomorrow ? *running off to bed* XD

Since this map screams "star" all the way through, I guess I must star this then... STAR !
Topic Starter
whymeman

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Ok, I see; I'll try to make the map easier to understand. Sorry~
No hard feelings Azure. You are trying your best right? ^_^

alvisto: Sure. I'll be waiting for your finished mod post before I get to it so I don't do too many updates in a short time.
Azure_Kite

whymeman wrote:

No hard feelings Azure. You are trying your best right? ^_^
Naturally :)

Here's a version containing as much fixed stuff as possible; If you think the 2:52:51 arrea is still too confusing, I'll do a complete rework of it.

so:
*Fixed spacing in jumps
*Fixed spacing in general as I found errors
*Sorry if 1:35:80 seemed forced; I had no intention of making it seem that way :( Changed to a spinner.
*Changed 2:52:51 a little, added a few reverse sliders instead of hit circles, ease the strain, etc.

Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Azure's S.t.a.r.S].osu
alvisto
AZURE'S STARS

01:21:14 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is very confusing during play, but it do seems pretty
01:24:78 (4) - This is confusing too, but I can just put my mouse at the centee, lol, so, no big deal
01:30:01 (3) - This jump is intended ? XD
02:16:60 (1) - Poor lone combo, lol
02:35:69 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Look nice, but difficult to play for the 1st time
02:48:423- ahh, I like this part, even though it's kinda "surprising"
02:52:439 - 03:13:196 - Uhmm.... I know this part is very hard to map, but, (sorry to be frank), I don't get how your hitsounds work here. It sounds very confusing to me. XD XD XD Try mapping like how you map 01:44:786 - 01:51:604. That part is excellent. :3
03:19:787 - Reinsert break time
03:53:42 (1) - The slider end design is intentional ?
04:04:90 (1) - Let slider starts earlier by 1 tickI see you fix that already. :3

Remod after I realize I forgot to update the map
00:22:62 (4) - The clap sounds weird here. :3
00:27:28 (1) - I think this spinner sounds better with Normal beat sound instead of a soft clap.
02:22:28 (1) - Don't you think the new combo starts here is weird ? XD
03:39:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I like this part.

It's a nice map Aaron, I like those cute stars, don't be depressed. I will throw some of my 2 cents for ya.
1. There are some parts of the map where they are nicely and superbly done. However, there are also some part of the map where the design is messy and confusing. It's a bit inconsistent.
2. Some placements of the beats seems random to me. XD I made that mistake when i was doing my first map and 2nd map, until some BAT slapped me awake and showed me examples on what are insensible map, and what map are "every-note-placement-has-its-meaning". Thus, I completely redo my 2nd beatmap (Yea, the one that you helped me modded it. Before that, my 1st version of the map was terrrible, and I was more satisfied with my re-do and that same BAT said yea, it's better. =D )
3. Find me again to mod your map once you fix this part ok ? 02:52:439 - 03:13:196 I think the biggest problem was here. :3 You know where to find me. :3

STARS
00:40:92 (1) - I suggest changing this slider into 2 notes, coz it's natural for players to hit 2 times according to the vocal instead of hitting and holding a slider for 1 time. The 2 and 3 can keep though.
01:06:60 (5) - I think it's better to shorten the slider by 1 u-turn.
01:12:96 (1,2,3,4) - This is hard to play, and you eliminate the feeling of "Z" "X" spamming, plus it doesn't match with the rest part of the map where you keep spamming Z and X. XD. Just an opinion though.
02:21:37 (7) - Shorten the slider ?
02:47:28 (7,8,9,10) - Same reason as above
03:54:44 (8) - This absence of clap sounds like a radio that lags or a a tape player got stuck. Lol.
Too much finish at the last chorus ! It's painful to the ears. XD And it's not special as a finish anymore. :3
03:56:60 (1,2,3,4,5) - SAme as above.
04:11:83 (1) - Resnap the end of spinner please

And also kiai problem mentioned in IRC.

Part 3 is coming soon !

rust45

alvisto wrote:

Part 3 is coming soon !
If you mean my map, don't mod it yet, it's incomplete, I'll get too it soon though.
alvisto
alvisto

rust45 wrote:

alvisto wrote:

Part 3 is coming soon !
If you mean my map, don't mod it yet, it's incomplete, I'll get too it soon though.
Ahh I see, lol, apparently I am 5 minutes late in reading this. :3 Good luck !
Topic Starter
whymeman
Topic Starter
whymeman

alvisto wrote:

Hi ! Fulfilling Azure_Kyte's mod request

Sweet Stars
01:07:74 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Idk it's whether only me or not, but I keep missing this when test-palying O_O Make no sense to me coz it doesn't sync to the music.
01:07:74 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ^
02:17:513 - This Kiai came out of nowhere. Consider repositioning it somewhere else.
02:24:78 (2) - not consistent with the rest "star~~~" . Shorten the slider so that it ends at white tick please.
01:49:786 - NAZI TIME ! Reinsert break, loool.
01:03:474 - ^
00:35:012 - ^
02:18:195 - ^
Actually, just reinsert all breaks lool

So tired to continue right now.... Can I continue to mod tomorrow ? *running off to bed* XD

Since this map screams "star" all the way through, I guess I must star this then... STAR !
The "flow" of the map might be weird at first because of the fact I have a habit of using multiple beat flows in a map.
rust45
Alright, done with the map and hitsounds, I use my own style for hitsounds so if you have a problem just say the word.Download: Inoue Marina (Yoko Littner) - Pieces Of Sweet Stars (whymeman) [Rustastic Stars].osu

Oh yes, just a suggestion but, maybe you should force use the stars in the normal skin for what they're used for(I'm not a skinner so I don't know what they're called :P) so it would follow the theme.

Edit: :idea: Why not just a full blown skin, I'm sure someone could make it, at the very least those stars that you see in kiai and hitcircles.
Topic Starter
whymeman
I was thinking about having a skin added for this map too though you can see its still under progress as well. ^_^;

I tried using the stars for the hitcircles but it came out wrong ( ._.)
Azure_Kite

alvisto wrote:

SPOILER
AZURE'S STARS

01:21:14 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This is very confusing during play, but it do seems pretty Removed a hit circle and neatened a bit
01:24:78 (4) - This is confusing too, but I can just put my mouse at the centre, lol, so, no big deal Cleaned a little
01:30:01 (3) - This jump is intended ? XD Naturally ;P
02:16:60 (1) - Poor lone combo, lol Fixed
02:35:69 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - Look nice, but difficult to play for the 1st time I sorta want the map a little chaotic
02:48:423- ahh, I like this part, even though it's kinda "surprising" Maybe I could put a storyboard in there?
02:52:439 - 03:13:196 - Uhmm.... I know this part is very hard to map, but, (sorry to be frank), I don't get how your hitsounds work here. It sounds very confusing to me. XD XD XD Try mapping like how you map 01:44:786 - 01:51:604. That part is excellent. :3 I tried to map the hitsounds as best I could to the computerized sounds. I changed a few things here and there so if it's till a problem let me know
03:19:787 - Reinsert break time
03:53:42 (1) - The slider end design is intentional ? Sorta, but changed for the sake of consistency
04:04:90 (1) - Let slider starts earlier by 1 tickI see you fix that already. :3

Remod after I realize I forgot to update the map
00:22:62 (4) - The clap sounds weird here. :3 Fixed
00:27:28 (1) - I think this spinner sounds better with Normal beat sound instead of a soft clap. Changed
02:22:28 (1) - Don't you think the new combo starts here is weird ? XD New combo at the "so" syllable
03:39:33 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I like this part.

It's a nice map Aaron, I like those cute stars, don't be depressed. I will throw some of my 2 cents for ya.
1. There are some parts of the map where they are nicely and superbly done. However, there are also some part of the map where the design is messy and confusing. It's a bit inconsistent.
2. Some placements of the beats seems random to me. XD I made that mistake when i was doing my first map and 2nd map, until some BAT slapped me awake and showed me examples on what are insensible map, and what map are "every-note-placement-has-its-meaning". Thus, I completely redo my 2nd beatmap (Yea, the one that you helped me modded it. Before that, my 1st version of the map was terrrible, and I was more satisfied with my re-do and that same BAT said yea, it's better. =D )
3. Find me again to mod your map once you fix this part ok ? 02:52:439 - 03:13:196 I think the biggest problem was here. :3 You know where to find me. :3 I've changed This a bit, removed some notes to make it easier, etc.

Why; The fixed version of my Diff is out now!

EDIT: I'm available to help with your skin, if you want.

show more