19,087 posts
In the interest of getting things right as I go, I am developing the new modding/ranking system completely in the open. I will be streaming all work I do on it and releasing all the specs as I go. Feel free to follow along and ask any questions you may have.

Design Document
Live Stream

Currently available pages

real-time modding system map #1 map #2 (currently in testing stages)
active for these two maps only. not yet linked to the rest of the system. please use these for real-world testing – as in mod them properly if you are going to post anything.

modding control panel
users will come here to get new modding assignments and view updates on their previous assignments.

modding queue
may not be visible in the future, but shows the current prioritised map listing. maps will be chosen from this listing and given out to modders.

modder ranking
shows the current modder ranking. this considers past mod posts from 2012 onwards.

I'll update this post as I work more out. Planning as I go. Feel free to use the "comment" ability in the google doc to bring up any points with the design document, or reply in this thread for more general questions (or ask in twitch chat).

Note that this system is not yet active. Any actions you perform will NOT have a permanent effect in any way. Feel free to click whatever you want.
osu! Alumni
1,623 posts
This new system seems pretty interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out
Whistle Blower
17 posts
That's pretty cool! :D
Tempo Trainee
8 posts
Looks great Peppy seems well structured aswell ;)
Rhythm Incarnate
3,185 posts
How is modder ranking calculated?
Image Image Image Image Image
Feel free to contact me at those[at]ppy[dot]sh for any questions regarding the game!
19,087 posts
those wrote:
How is modder ranking calculated?

Please read the linked design document.
Rhythm Incarnate
4,268 posts
I'm modder #7 YES
工匠都是完美主义者。经过反复改良之后,其性能之强让工匠热泪盈眶。

modding queue | random map maker v5.02 | hitsound tool v0.6

current status: 小狗龙弱什么属性啊
osu! Alumni
2,141 posts
Combo Commander
497 posts
When will this system take over?
では諸君、サラダバー!たくましく生きていてくれ!
Combo Commander
456 posts
A lot of detailed information.

Hypothetical, what if more than eight maps reach the qualification critera on the same day. How are you going to have those maps staying in there for only 7 days if you're only letting through 8 a time? Wouldn't some of them stay in there longer than that. Long shot I know, but it could happen. That's the only question I have off the top of my head, and the proposal seems nice otherwise.

(And what text editor is that, looks nice?)
Last edited by apaffy on , edited 1 time in total.
wao
Whistle Blower
17 posts
apaffy wrote:

Sublime Text 2.
Combo Commander
456 posts
Babycake wrote:
apaffy wrote:

Sublime Text 2.

Yeah, saw the title in the stream not too long after. Thanks.
wao
19,087 posts
apaffy wrote:

Hypothetical, what if more than eight maps reach the qualification critera on the same day. How are you going to have those maps staying in there for only 7 days if you're only letting through 8 a time? Wouldn't some of them stay in there longer than that. Long shot I know, but it could happen. That's the only question I have off the top of my head, and the proposal seems nice otherwise.

They will filter out over time. The number "8" may change depending on how we can handle it. The main idea here isn't to increase the number of ranked maps, but to change the focus on which maps are ranked, giving all maps an equal chance.
Rhythm Incarnate
2,031 posts
peppy wrote:
apaffy wrote:

They will filter out over time. The number "8" may change depending on how we can handle it. The main idea here isn't to increase the number of ranked maps, but to change the focus on which maps are ranked, giving all maps an equal chance.

it is a good idea for all mappers, but i'm worried about new mappers who wanna join the new system since their have no sp at all and no experience in modding.

if it is possible to help new mappers like "if you have no ranked map then point request reduce to 100 or 150" ?
_____Image
19,087 posts
Star priority is not part of this system. When a modder mods a map from the queue, and if they find no issues with it, they will nominate it. THis means that even unknown mappers can get nominations via the queue.
Locked 118 posts jump | 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  next