forum

Official OT! Parliament Election 2022 Announcement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClevelandsMyBro

OT Parliament Election 2022

Welcome back folks to yet another OT! Election woohoo
As you may know, recently OT held the annual presidential election. But this time, it's time for the parliament to do the elction.
If the president is the head, then the parliament would be the backbone of the government.

Each and every one of you denizens have the opportunity to participate in this essential election, whereas there must be no less than four final cabinet members.
As always, any denizen may vote in later stages, but you may also run for the position yourself and oversee legislation, protecting every denizen right for the sake of OT.

I, General Cleveland, has been entrusted in hosting the election.

With that said, let us commence forth on this year's OT Parliament Election!

OT! Parliament Duties

As stated in the OT! amendments, the Parliament's duties are:

1. Set and absolve laws; set taxes, fees, tolls and other official burdens.
  2. Keep track and uphold official institutions.
  3. Keep track of and uphold intra-forum industry.
  4. Administrate the OTPD and other government agencies.
  5. Ensure quality remains within the forums.

Registration

How to be an OT! Parliament Member:

To be a parliament member, you must first register here in this thread. Once registered, you will be accepted into the Parliament member's election where at least 4 candidates will be chosen to be parliament members.

The only requirement to register to be a Parliament member is that you are a certified denizen of OT and hasn't lost your denizenship by getting banned or having your account deleted etc.
There is no discrimination, any OT denizen should be allowed to register if they so choose. It doesn't matter if you're a newly certified denizen or a first gen denizen from the ye old days.

To register, please post your registration form here on this thread and you will be added to the list of candidates. There are certain information that are required and will be listed further into this post.
Failure to provide the required information will lead to your registration form not being accepted.

We will stop accepting registration forms one week after this announcement had been made and the voting poll will soon open right after.

Denizens whom doesn't want to be a parliament member can still participate in this event by voting for the candidate that you supports.

Registration Form:

For your registration form to be accepted, you'll need to provide the following:

1. Introductions (Username, which generation of Denizens are you in, your position in OT etc)
  2. Motivations for registration and intentions when holding public office.
Other than the required, you don't need to provide any other information. However, it is encouraged to be creative with your registration form as it may creates a good impression of you towards other denizens whom may support you.

Form Examples

Lights wrote:

-Lights
I'm applying so I can help fight for the essential rights of All women. I dream of a day where people, regardless of gender, can all feel welcomed and happy with this lovely community 💗

Not only will I stand up for women, I'm also interested in fighting for LGBTQ rights here in OT. This describes a large portion of the OT userbase and their thoughts and feelings deserve representation!

Lastly, I will not rest until I can ensure universal-shitpost-care for all denizens. Gone are the days of threads being locked over a non-denizen nuking a thread. The OT GMT will be expected to do their job while RESPECTING the OP of a thread! NON-DENIZEN SPAM IS NOT A REASON TO LOCK A DENIZEN THREAD!

Thank you, i really hope youll consider me! c:

Ashton wrote:

Im ashton and yall bitches already know me

I want my power back lmao

List of Registered Candidates:

1. YyottaCat
  2. abraker
  3. Penguin
  4. ShinRun
  5. roshan117
  6. Yhuan Debeste
  7. Cerno
  8. Asian Warlord
  9. Corne2Plum3
ghoulybits
Make sure to register! Good luck, everyone!
ShinRun
ooooooo interesting
Arctos Sagittario
I was wondering about the position in ot thing but the ashton example explains a lot
Bluecord6411
the wording in the op is kinda unclear on who can vote
can youu elaborate pls on who can vote
ghoulybits

Bluecord6411 wrote:

Denizens only.
Bluecord6411

ghoulybits wrote:

Bluecord6411 wrote:

Denizens only.
oh alright
YyottaCat

Hello fellow denizens and non-denizens, I'm YyottaCat. You all should know me so I will not waste your time with the intro.

My main goal is to bring back quality posting and thread-making. Especially posting. We all know that bad posting can ruin even the highest quality threads. We need to grant rewards to those who make quality posts and punish those who don't.

Public security is also an issue around these areas. There have been multiple cases of regular posters and even denizens being kidnapped. This just goes to show how high the crime rates are. As far as I know, there haven't been any law enforcements against this, but not for long.

My greatest goal is to bring portal technology from rarely being used into an essential part of posting in this subforum. This is mostly to remind newer denizens and to-be-denizens about Serrai's portals and to continue the legacy.

I am looking forward to working with users like you. Yes, you.
Patatitta
what taxes are there in ot lmao
igorsprite

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

The only requirement to register to be a Parliament member is that you are a certified denizen of OT and hasn't lost your denizenship by getting banned or having your account deleted etc.
There is no discrimination, any OT denizen should be allowed to register if they so choose. It doesn't matter if you're a newly certified denizen or a first gen denizen from the ye old days.
i haven't been banned, but i'm pretty sure that i'm not allowed to register xD
z0z
what if you get less than 4 candidates
abraker
I started out as a founding member of the OT Royal Society of Quality and have since then have been bestowed a great power to maintain the quality of OT. I now serve on the frontlines of the war between order and chaos, dictating the flow of threads via my holy locks. This power, however, is not without a price, you see. It feeds on strong bonds, without which it go astray and wreck havoc. Therefore it is critical for one to be in a position which strength bonds with the denizens it wields its power for. What position is better for that than the member of the OT!Parliament, the purpose of which is representing the fellow denizens? So you see, my motivations come from a cruel necessity. This is why I, abraker, the Royal Scientist of OT, a 4th generation denizen, hereby announce my candidacy for OT!Parliament.
Penguin
Hello, my fellow denizens of Off-Topic.

You might have thought you had gotten rid of me, but alas, I have returned. I am here today to announce my campaign to become an OT! Parliament Member.

My main goal in becoming a member of parliament is to ensure the smooth transition into a new era of presidency and parliament members. I want to help out Ghouly and future members of parliament with their new roles in the government and help guide them with anything that they need. Who else better to do that than a former president? I know the ins and outs of this government like no other, and I could be of great assistance to all.

Thank you for reading this. Vote for me pls.
ColdTooth
im vulpix
YyottaCat

Penguin wrote:

Hello, my fellow denizens of Off-Topic.

You might have thought you had gotten rid of me, but alas, I have returned. I am here today to announce my campaign to become an OT! Parliament Member.

My main goal in becoming a member of parliament is to ensure the smooth transition into a new era of presidency and parliament members. I want to help out Ghouly and future members of parliament with their new roles in the government and help guide them with anything that they need. Who else better to do that than a former president? I know the ins and outs of this government like no other, and I could be of great assistance to all.

Thank you for reading this. Vote for me pls.
Missing denizen returns!
ShinRun
Tf aren’t Penguin and abraker already parliament members
z0z

ShinRun wrote:

Tf aren’t Penguin and abraker already parliament members
is president part of it
ShinRun
Hello fellow OT members, my name is ShinRun and I have decided to announce my candidacy to become a parliament member.

You might know me from OT!GN, Shin’s Night Show, OT!dex, NEOS or some other stuff I’ve done on OT. I am one of the most active member on OT and I spent a lot of my time working on threads and such.

I strive to make OT more active and increase the amount of quality threads. I’m pushing toward more changes and improving the relationship between newfags and oldfags

Thanks for reading and vote for me if you want to see changes happen for real this time
Topic Starter
ClevelandsMyBro
YyottaCat, abraker, Penguin, and ShinRun registration has been accepted.
Manishh
4 member can get elected and there are 4 candidates
That's mean?
show more