forum

Google Docs social experiment (2021/11/14) highlights

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
THE GOOGLE DOCS SOCIAL EXPERIMENT
2021/11/14

The 14th November, there was a experiment where, during 24 hours, a Google Docs was made public here.
The twist? Everyone had writing access, allowing everyone to edit it, even as anon!

How much time the doc will be here without being removed? How this shit is going wrong? Was it the worse idea of 2021 in this forum???

The results and the best moments, in this thread ;)

THE RESULTS:

During the 23 hours and 24 minutes of the experience, 167 pages and more than 119k characters were written. The PDF size is 18.62 MB. 37 differents fonts were detected and 18 custom colors were defined. During the event, 3 rollbacks were made, where 199 minutes were lost... 62 replies to the main thread were posted. The final document name was "Meow OwO".

CHRONOLOGY & HIGHLIGHTS

During these 24 hours, a lot of shit happens. Here's the importants parts of the moments.
Note about times: the time is given as the time at Paris, France (UTC+1).

1. 00:20 - The thread is released, with the link of the Google Doc, ready to be ruined. This is the beginning.
  2. 00:25 - Except of the creator himself, the first content is wrote by Patatitta.
  3. 04:17 - All custom fonts and colors are removed. It ended up by a Trebuchet MS grey text about 15 minutes later. I added this event here because before everyone tried to be different, to be "reconizable", by using a different font and differents colors. Even if you didn't know really who wrote this (except me don't ask why), you could easily see that there was several persons on it.
  4. 04:32 - First time that the whole document's content is totally deleted. This was just... white. The content was back 1 minute after.

06:00 - First severe document destruction: aaaaaaaa
An anon started remplaced all characters with the letter 'a'. To do this, he probably using to remplace all charcters at one. At 06:26, the document was full of 'a', ruining all of the content written before.

06:00

06:26

I personnaly want to add something about this: this was NOT FUNNY this was CRINGE asf bro!! Didn't laugh bro because there were just 'aaaaaa'. Haha funnny! /s You ruined the document in a shitty way. If you see it, don't be proud because you made this. SHAME ON YOU!!! >:O

1. 07:44 [1st rollback] - After this event below, an anonymous decided to restore to the 05:59 version.
08:24 - Second severe document destruction: lag.
The doc is slowly destructed, making it unreadable (lterally). The layout was just f*cked up and the document were very laggy. There were 2774 pages O_O... In the few pages I could see (yes it was laggy asf...), there were just a few characters, and for each page...

Page 1

Lag isn't fun guys...

1. 08:55 [2nd rollback] - Rollback by Corne2Plum3 to the 07:44 version (which isn't a rollback to 05:59 itself tf?) to delete extreme lag, and restore a usable version (I'm sorry I could put a more recent one...)
  2. 11:01 - The doc was totally laggy asf (unreadable?) because there was a huge copypasta text in the footer, so it appeared on each page. Plus there were checkboxs on every line. They were removed at 11:46.
  3. 14:39 - 4 player Tic Tac Toe on a 10x10 grid.
14:59 - A raid with 63 users???
At 14:59, users started to see something weird, especially the amount of connected users: it surprisely increased and reached a impossible amount of users, more than the amount of active OT denizen. The connected users count reached around 50 users.

Anonymous 1 wrote:

THERE IS 29 PEOPLE WATCHING ME
YEAAAAH
no there is not that many off topic users, who are all these people

Anonymous 2 wrote:

30 PEOPLE WHAT THE FUUUUCK lmao 38

Anonymous 3 wrote:

who botted el documento idk its just a guess maybe there is actually 44 people
41 PEOPLE YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
oh it’s botted
that sucks
People started to panic, like if the link was botted somewhere.

The document was renamed "Who like to be readed??" or something like this (I forgor 💀 the exact name) at the same time.

Then these added people disappeared... but there were a 2nd wave at 15:31, and a bigger one, where the count of 63 users was reached!

Some of these "users" also wrote some shit here:

The purple and the green ones were some these guys

Now here the truth!!!

There weren't more than 6 users at this time... This raid was just a joke by me. Do you know that when you open several times the Google Docs without being connected, each tab counts as 1 person? So I just opened a lot of tabs, up to 60, to this Google Docs. That also explains that when I was connected, these users disseapared.
This prank makes me laugh ngl. Your reactions were epic!

1. 16:18 [3rd rollback] - 3rd and minor rollback by Corne2Plum3 from 15:55 version to remove the modification that made the text red at the 2nd half of the document. For this one, the removed text before 16:11 were added after the update.
  2. 18:01 - Rule 34 is real. Potential NSFW unicode added (fun fact: they aren't visible on the PDF)
  3. 19:30 - abraker added a complicated 54 pages copypasta about ??? (his explanations here)
  4. 23:44 - End of the experiment, because there weren't a lot of people after 22:00 and we were near of the end of the experience (initially at 00:20 of Monday)

Conclusion

It started nice, were everyone respected other posts, then the shit happens, where the document where laggy asf and broken. After the storm, something like order appeared, people asked to NOT delete other posts and respect the simple 2 rules I added at the first post + stop spam.

However, because they were so much content some users were unable to see the documents on mobile. Personally, at 06:00, I couldn't see the Google doc on the mobile application.

I trusted you to not doing shit, and it was a meh, but it could be worse, A LOT worse, but you kept the project enjoyable overall. For me, it was a really fun experience and I hope you enjoyed too. If you liked this kind of experience, maybe I'll do other activities like this.

- Corne2Plum3

You can find the original Google Doc and a downloadable PDF here: community/forums/topics/1461842?n=1
(this is a high-effort thread)
-Andrei-
Earthquake
I was Anonymous 3. I only typed the first message in that list LOL I also wrote the last 2 words of Anonymous 2's quote
NotRaffi
You skipped :
-NFTs!
-the 3 paragraphs copypastas
-some fanfics that ends up being really fucked up even though its only 4 sentences
-the first title change [i think it's anime related]

Oh and also the document is renamed to
"who likes to be lectured??" by me

The thoushand-page-copypasta are deleted by me, only leaving the first 3
levesterz

NotRaffi wrote:

You skipped :
-NFTs!
-some fanfics that ends up being really fucked up even though its only 4 sentences

Ooo there is fanfic in there?
NotRaffi

levesterz wrote:

NotRaffi wrote:

You skipped :
-NFTs!

I think the rumia x koakuma 4 sentence fanfic is still a fanfic
levesterz

NotRaffi wrote:

levesterz wrote:

NotRaffi wrote:

You skipped :
-NFTs!

I think the rumia x koakuma 4 sentence fanfic is still a fanfic
Oh yea that.
keremaru
immortality is not a sin nor a curse, but an infinite gateway
Lilyn

keremaru wrote:

immortality is not a sin nor a curse, but an infinite gateway