Pls guys you spelt his name wrong! 8-) jk
Kayla
lmao.
Litharrale
inb4 rank
Nomination Assessment Team

Disqualification Notice

Hello!

Unfortunately, the Quality Assurance Team has decided to disqualify this beatmap. The following is a list of reasons and examples for the disqualification. We do not outline every issue in detail, so make sure to take the idea behind each reason and apply it to the entire beatmap as issues might be found in more than the spots mentioned below. If you have any questions, please reply to this post and we will do our best to clarify any misunderstandings.

General

Combo colors

• The light grey combo color blends with the background too much which makes some of the hitobjects hardly visible.
captin's Extra

Lack of concept regarding rhythms

• The issues mentioned by Loctav and listed in the previous disqualification post have not been addressed properly again. Like stated previously, everything is mandatory to be fixed.
  1. 00:35:986 (4) - The song’s calm atmosphere does not call for such overmapping.
  2. 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Overmapped. The music does not have anything in it that would justify these.
  3. 01:01:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - This part is overmapped. The song does not have a constant 1/4 rhythm going on.
  4. 03:16:013 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - This case is similar to 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - just more extreme. There is literally nothing in the music, making this completely overmapped.

If you happen to have concerns about this disqualification, you can contest the decision with this form. Before using this form, please read the instructions carefully.

The Beatmap Nominators may handle this mapset after the issues have been addressed.

Good luck!

###M
Feb
picks up pitchfork

tbh. I agree with this 00:49:763 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - It makes much more sense CTRL+G both combos in my opinion. Same later on.

The rest seems okay tho....
just my two cents
Cherry Blossom
Awh god, i don't want to see a new DQ record on this map ;w;
Btw i lost like 10 pps ;w;

Good luck on requalification process.

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

1. 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Overmapped. The music does not have anything in it that would justify these. Blue ticks are audible if you listen to them carefully, but due to the vocal, it's difficult to hear the sound on blue ticks
  2. 03:16:013 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - This case is similar to 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - just more extreme. There is literally nothing in the music, making this completely overmapped. same as ^
These 2 points about overmapping : it depends on the context and these triples work, they are natural to play and I understood what captin wants to do here with those triples. Adding extra triples that, apparently do not fit the song is not that bad, it just depends on the context.
Awh well, let's see what captin will say about these points you, the QAT, mentioned.
captin1
I swear to god if the general public starts throwing another fit in the thread without contributing meaningfully I will bring in someone much less lenient in moderation to clean up.

It's disappointing how selective and directly targeted the dq's are on this map. The amount of close-minded stubbornness and double standards going on here is completely ridiculous, and only serves to continue undermining what little credibility the QAT has left, and clearly shows how much of blind puppets to Loctav they truly are. It's sickening that this is the officially sanctioned system that we are running now. I hope for the future of this game (if it has any) that we will not remain in this system for much longer.
Topic Starter
Gaia
thanks CB, Meg, sLaiNi

to others, itd be cool if you guys help by making suggestions to the map.. here isnt the place for your compaints

im not giving up yet, so just chill and wait for the next requalification thanks :]

edit: and Hinsvar w
Hinsvar

- Ping - wrote:

The feature that helps QAT hide their name while writting post shouldn't used anymore , this is becoming more and more shit right now ....
Well, the discussion for a disqualification is always done by more than one QAT member ("discussion" gives a hint about it), so it'd feel kinda wrong for an individual QAT member to post it as it may imply that the DQ is done by the member's own discretion.

The light gray color can be a little darker, I guess, but it doesn't impact gameplay a lot. Also, while 00:35:986 (4) and 03:16:013 (2,3,4) + 03:16:502 (2,3,4) are indeed not fittingly overmapped (in the former case, there is no instrument sound that starts or lands there, and for the latter, I believe the notes on the blue ticks are incorrectly placed; they should've been placed to the previous blue tick of each respective note instead), the other two are perfectly okay, and overall, while there were a few valid points from the DQ post, I still don't think this map is that problematic rhythm-wise anymore...

While I'm here (again), I think I'll point out more stuff for captin's diff...

1. 01:16:909 (6,7) - Visual spacing inconsistency? Remember, the SV multiplier changes here.
  2. 02:30:850 (5,6,7,8,9) - This stream shape looks unaesthetic tbh
  3. 02:34:111 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Why did you overmap 02:34:355 and then just leave all the other sounds on the blue tick in this one combo unmapped? You can try to map 02:35:007 at least since it sounds quite noticeable (although it will definitely break the pattern here).
  4. 02:39:165 (7) - There is nothing at 02:39:246, but there's something at 02:39:083. Mind telling why is the rhythm made like this?
  5. 02:44:464 (8) - Same case as the one above; there is an instrument sound to map on the previous blue tick (02:44:301).
  6. 02:51:475 - Might as well map this because 02:51:393 - 02:51:882 has a series of instrument notes every 1/4 beats that sounds constantly strong enough.
  7. 03:17:806 (3) - When I talked about how big the jump is, what I'm really talking about is how big it is compared to how the pitch of the instruments go up and down here, which isn't that drastic to support a massive distance difference. Maybe try moving this to (409,277)?
  8. 03:20:904 (8) - Same as 02:39:165 (7).
  9. 04:05:415 - end - Maybe you'd like to map the instruments on the blue ticks here, as they're quite noticeable? Triplets will create more variance of rhythm in this section, too, and I believe that's a good thing since they fit with the song and makes this part less flat.
I'm supposed to mod other maps and sleep at this point, but there you go (again).

I hope this gets back quickly.
Pho

General

Combo colors

• The light grey combo color blends with the background too much which makes some of the hitobjects hardly visible.
captin's Extra

Lack of concept regarding rhythms

• The issues mentioned by Loctav and listed in the previous disqualification post have not been addressed properly again. Like stated previously, everything is mandatory to be fixed.
  1. 00:35:986 (4) - The song’s calm atmosphere does not call for such overmapping. I don't see how this is a must-fix at all, it fits properly to the intensifying clap-sound . In terms of density and flow this section plays really smooth already and certainly is less motion-heavy than the more intense parts of the map.
  2. 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Overmapped. The music does not have anything in it that would justify these. I partly agree that 00:50:007 (3,3) - are not beats you will hear out particularly in the track, but this part is a really intense build-up to the kiai and the triples support this really well without butchering the music. I agree with CB at this point.
  3. 01:01:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - This part is overmapped. The song does not have a constant 1/4 rhythm going on. Okay, I kind of agree with this, this section was a bit over the top for what the music had to offer, especially 01:02:154 (1,2,1,1) - where I couldn't really see an increase of tension in the track either. But please, elaborate earlier on issues like these QATs and not in the 3rd or 4th DQ post. I suppose the same goes for 02:19:763 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - then?
  4. 03:16:013 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - This case is similar to 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - just more extreme. There is literally nothing in the music, making this completely overmapped. Same reasoning as in 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) -, only notes that aren't clearly audible in the track are 03:16:094 (3,3) - and the triples still work fine here due to rhythm consistency with above one.
Just a little rant, I'm almost getting tired of the drama around this map and the inefficiency of how this map - and maps with extra's in general - is handled by the QAT.
If you ever need feedback from me on this diff again Gaia/captin, feel free to call me back.
Cherry Blossom
Okay, time for a remod.
Last time I was suggesting things according to your own logic. Now i will tell you my own opinions, feel free to deny what you want, but please give a reason.

1. 00:14:219 (3,1) - I'd like to see more distance between these objects to make sure there is a different gap between 00:13:730 (2,3) - and 00:14:219 (3,1) - (3/4 and 1/1) like you did there 00:16:828 (3,1) - .
  2. 00:32:806 (1,2) - Here, a 3/4 with a circle does not really fit the song, there is nothing really audible on the blue tick when you can hear something on the red tick here 00:32:969 - . It could be better if you use a 1/1 or a 1/2 slider instead of a 1/4 slider here. And following the continuous vocal is not really a good idea because we don't really know on which tick it ends. Same for 00:35:415 (1,2) - and many more.
  3. 01:02:643 (1) - Here, i don't understand why there is a NC here, it may be confusing with 01:02:806 (1) - or 01:02:317 (2) - , but when playing it is not. But if you don't have any reason to add a NC 01:02:643 (1) - just remove it. and same for 02:20:904 (1) - or 03:28:730 (1) - or 03:54:817 (1) -
  4. 01:33:621 (6,7) - There should be more distance between these circles to provide a better motion, i mean the player will not have the feeling that there is an antijump here, visually, the distance between 01:33:458 (5,6) - is longer than 01:33:621 (6,7) - (i said visually), so there should be more distance between 01:33:621 (6,7) - visually.
  5. 01:34:111 - to 01:38:187 - IMO, during this section you should avoid 1/4 sliders like 01:34:926 (4) - , even if they follow the song, they do not really fit the atmosphere and the intensity of this part, If you don't really want to avoid them, you should nerf the distance between the 1/4 slider and the next object.
  6. 01:49:763 - to 01:54:980 - If you compare this part and the second : 01:54:980 - to 02:00:197 - You can see that the first one is a little more difficult than the second one, because there is more density and more 3/4 sliders. You should make things more or less consistent, for example, why there is a jump here 01:50:741 (4,5) - and not here 01:55:958 (4,5) - ? They have the same intensity and they are at the same point on each part.
  7. 02:55:632 (3,4) - wow, i didn't notice that before. This could be really misleading here due to the tons of patterns with 1/4 sliders and sliderjumps you used. there should be more distance between these objects because the gap between them is 1/2 and visually it could be considered as 1/4 and that's not really comfortable to play, especially when you have this after the slider 02:56:203 (5,1) -

Good luck with requalification process ~
Dainesl
I'm here too, I guess, because I'm annoyed of seeing captin's diff DQ'd over and over again, so I'll just try and mod this to the best of my ability (which is insanely little, seeing as how I can't even read AR9.5 :D). Keep in mind that these are purely suggestions, so take them with a grain of salt. Also, Kiais are fair game here, so I don't think I'll judge those seeing as how emphasis from first glance appears to be mostly fine with this.

00:04:111 (1,2) - This seems a bit harsh to me. I mean, the song is still in its introduction stage and already you're making the players snap much more significantly than what they did before. If 2 was closer to 1, perhaps like here instead, the new combo afterwards could transition better into the next part in terms of overall emphasis, while keeping the intro more consistent.

00:09:491 (2,3) - You seem to be mapping the 1/4s here. That's fine. However, perhaps there's a better way to make this work (other than using a 1/4 slider, which is ideally not completed for the sake of better flow), because players aren't exactly experiencing the 1/4, making it less effective as a pattern in relation to the music. Maybe, if 2 were flipped around, and moved slightly towards 3 a bit like this then the 1/4s could be played a bit better, or maybe if this was just a 1/4 triplet it would work, but that's up to you.

00:31:176 (8,1) - Also, I feel as if this is too harsh considering the transition to a particularly calm part of the song. If you move 1 slightly closer (maybe 2-3 grids' worth of distance or so) to the sliderend of 8, and move 2's sliderstart accordingly, the transition becomes a bit smoother and more noticeable overall, and doesn't meld the two parts together in terms of difficulty and emphasis.

00:45:850 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - The spacing in this combo overall is also quite...odd. The first three notes are fine, but the rest seem a bit too much for a bridge to the Kiai, and while this is indeed a really hard Extra, I think that having 1/4s right after a slider being this far away and having them almost completely stop is a bit too emphasis-happy for a relatively consistent part like this. Perhaps if the 1/4s were spaced out slightly farther to make less of a sudden shift of motion and move 8 accordingly somewhat like this you could keep the consistency a little more.

00:47:154 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - A lack of movement which suddenly peaks in the next 2 notes, and all of the notes in this part are of similar emphasis. At least build up the DS on these 2 combos to the 2-note combo so that the emphasis becomes more consistent within the map, seeing as how you remain fairly confident with high-spacing emphasis on particular things. I mean, 00:49:600 (4,1) - is fair game since vocals reach a peak here, so perhaps consider adding more movement here?

01:23:676 (1) - and 01:26:284 (1) - both seem to have very drastic SV changes. I get this, but maybe having 0.6x -> 1.3x both times is a bit too much of a change, particularly on the first one where more of the song plays out, so at the very least consider changing the first one to 0.65-0.7x.

01:33:458 (5,6) - This distance change seems way too much for a low-key point in the song, and as CB said just before me, the next note feels very much like an anti-jump that shouldn't really be an anti-jump. Perhaps if this DS was reduced, the next note will be a bit more readable as a result.

01:46:665 (4,5,6) - Perhaps 4 should have a slightly reduced distance towards 5 so that way the three notes can have a gradual build up of impact, because as it stands 4 has more spacing to 5 than 5 does to 6, and that doesn't seem like it works in terms of build up.

01:47:154 (1,2) - Not that high-key in relation to the song, and the spacing here is very high, especially due to the fact that there is no better way to do this combo than to not bother with the slider as I mentioned earlier. This time, I'm not too sure of a way to make it better, but try something like this to bring 1 a little closer to 2 while keeping the spacing and emphasis of the new combo as it was meant to be.

01:49:111 (5,6) - Again, people will not bother with the slider, and like before the 1/4 has less effect because of it. If you were to flip the slider around, adjust the position of it significantly in order to retain proper build up and relative spacing to 6. Kinda like how the last suggestion went, so no need to screenshot this, I think.

01:49:763 (1,2,3) - The spacing changes in this part are significant, and like the last time a transition was mentioned, this makes it less smooth, unless people don't play the slider, but there was clearly something in the song that needed to be mapped, which you did, but let's see. Try flipping 2, move it so that the spacing for 1/4 doesn't completely overwhelm the player on such a calm part, and that should work, maybe like this but in a more refined way.

02:02:480 (6,7,1) - How come 7 is very harshly positioned when compared to the next 1? Causes a dead stop and emphasis on the 1/4, and the main vocal does not really land here. The same positioning happens with 02:06:719 (1,2,3,4) - and again causes a sudden shift in motion that doesn't relate to the song that well, imo (all 5 notes within the song have around the same importance but you really only put it on 2 of them for the sake of higher spacing).

02:49:763 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3) - Comparing these two combos with each other (I know I cut out the 2nd combo, but this is the important stuff), we see that the first one has far higher spacing than the second, while the song doesn't appear to have much more going on in the first combo. My suggestion here is to slightly increase the second combo's spacing to come a little closer to the first in terms of snappy motion and again allows for more consistency, but since there is clearly more in the first combo than the second and this part is still very emphasised as a whole, this is just a very minor thing.

03:13:241 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Same as the suggestion from just before the first Kiai, but the movement does clearly increase here according to the song so it's your call on whether you want to give the 1/2 doublets some movement by themselves or keep them as they are.

Anyways, whatever I guess. Let's hope this doesn't get Disqualified again. Good luck with the map. This was just a basic mod from me, because I felt like it.
Fatfan Kolek
Captin's Extra

1. 01:24:328 (1) - Don't you wanna extend the slider like you did here? 01:26:937 (1) - It's basically the same sound.
  2. 02:20:578 (2,1) - Wouldn't Ctrl+g on these flow better? Also, what is the purpose of the NCs 02:20:741 (1,1) -
  3. 03:11:611 (4) - missing clap
trying to help :V
Henri
01:01:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - This part is overmapped. The song does not have a constant 1/4 rhythm going on.
The light grey combo color blends with the background too much which makes some of the hitobjects hardly visible.
Yea these i agree but the other reasons are 100% troll xD
Nathan

1. 03:16:013 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - This case is similar to 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - just more extreme. There is literally nothing in the music, making this completely overmapped. I don't even understand what you guys mean by "completely" and "more extreme," it's either overmapped or it's not. Anyone could clearly hear hi-hat sounds on these triplets so they are perfectly justified. The switch from a 1/4 to 1/2 tapping rhythm makes 00:49:763 (1,1) - MUCH more satisfying to hit, so removing them wouldn't even be an improvement.
The 1/4 track wasn't thrown in by the artist for no reason, it's intended to compliment the rest of the song. captin took advantage of this to place special emphasis on certain beats throughout the map with triplets and kick sliders. It's a very unique interpretation compared to the lower difficulties, but it's executed amazingly well.

Mapping could be considered as a form of art, which will never thrive under such an obstinate ranking system.
peppy
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS
peppy
MORE PEOPLE CHECKING YOUR MAP IS SOMETHING YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL FOR> THEY ARE DOING IT FOR FREE> IF YOU DON"T AGREE THEN FOLLOW UP IN THE THREAD< BUT STOP FUCKIGN COMPLAINING> THE THINGS WRITTEN BY QATS ARE NOT FINAL> IF YOU DONT AGREE THEN SAY YOU DONT AGREE>

fuck a donkey
peppy
"RIP people who FC'd thing?" DONT FUCKING PLAY QUALIFIED MAPS YOU wang eater.

"Mapping ain't a happy thing?" Because you ahve this vision in your head that YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT AND KNOW THE BEST. How about you get down off your wang horse and learn to accept constructive criticism?
peppy
I do agree that the "overmapped" judgements are possibly over-the-top, but if you think this then follow it up in the thread. Don't fucking throw the towel. Don't fucking dismiss the whole system. Go about fixing the problem.

(for those about to suggest that i'm "raging", i wrote all the above posts while sipping a coffee and enjoying an amazingly peaceful and cool morning. the caps and language are all placed to try and get your attention. enjoy.)
Garven
Cleaned up the thread of non-mod posts except from mappers. Please focus on helping the set go back to qualified if the mappers are willing to work towards that. Thanks.
Charles445
Slow down y'all. It's more effective to look closely at issues.

So uh, gonna go through the post.

00:35:986 (4) - The song’s calm atmosphere does not call for such overmapping.
- - - - - The buildup to the clap noise seems to have its automation set to change volume specifically on blue ticks... So it sharply increases in volume at that beat (if you have trouble hearing it, slow it down). It's a really obscure beat, though. This is a maybe.

00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - Overmapped. The music does not have anything in it that would justify these.
- - - - - I can hear a beat in my left ear on the 3's. Turn up the volume and pay attention to the left ear, there's definitely something there. This is a no.

01:01:502 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - This part is overmapped. The song does not have a constant 1/4 rhythm going on.
- - - - - Mapped to the synth vibration,, subtle but also supported by background drums. I think that's why he chose sliderends, haha! This is a no.

03:16:013 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - This case is similar to 00:49:926 (2,3,4,2,3,4) - just more extreme. There is literally nothing in the music, making this completely overmapped.
- - - - - Tough to say here. 03:16:094 - I don't hear anything here, but, 03:16:583 - I do hear something impacting on the blue tick. It's so, so, so quiet though. This is a yes, I'm pretty sure this part would be better off as 1/2.

So basically, maybe to the first point (so subtle, hardly noticeable), and yes to the last point (it's really not noticeable at all).
So that's my analysis, please don't follow it word for word, though, instead go into the map yourself and try to figure out what's going on. The more ears the better.
Nyquill
Thank you generally helpful guy Charles445

EDIT: okay what I meant to say is follow this example
byfar

Nyquill wrote:

Thank you generally helpful guy Charles445
lets get this ranked soon and make everyone happy xd
show more