1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
posted
The main reason I even request this is due to this recently approved map: DystopiaGround - AugoEidEs
On the very last spin, you really need spin up to 430 just to survive it, or else you would fail the map, and my max spin speed is only around 350~380.
I also refuse to use any of the easier modes because:
- Easy: Affects the approach rate and makes game harder.
- No Fail: You would get that one miss at the end regardless.
- Half Time: Song is 2x as long and only 30% multiplier. Not worth using just for a spinner.

So I decided to use SpunOut as the last resort, and guess what? SpunOut can't even pass it! >=(
With the way the current SpunOut mode is being set, it's really not doing anybody any good, and I doubt any players other than beginners would use it.

That's why I'm proposing that during the spins in SpunOut mode, we can accelerate it by spinning our cursor along with it.
So the Total Spin Speed would = The initial speed + X speed we can add on, making it easier to achieve that 430 minimum.
If this idea gets approved, the option to change the direction of the spinner's spin would also need to be added in.
Of course, for those who are really lazy to even spin, the spinner would still auto spin on its own.

I feel with these changes, players would actually be more prompted to use SpunOut mode, because:
- We could at least past tough spin maps with this.
- The multiplier is more fair comparing to the other easier modes.
- And any bonus spins we get can be used to make up for the lost in multiplier.

Also, I read that the same mapper is working on another similar map at the moment, so that means more maps with tough spins would eventually get ranked/approved, making this new change more necessary.

**Let me know if this is a duplicate of another post. Thanks**
posted
spunout is fine as it is. the idea of spunout is so you don't have to spin and its set at 286 so that it can pass spinners that give off 2000 bonus and over.
spunout not being able to pass a map with a insanely long spinner isn't too much of a issue. even more so since its an approved map. i doubt maps with spinners that long are going to get ranked/approved very often. so it seems a little OTT to change the way spunout works because of one single map out of thousands.

also the point of spunout is so you don't have to spin. that is kinda defeated with your "Initial speed + X speed"
posted
Spunout was 285 or something I believe. I would actually support that it goes to like 350~400 range constant though, because it already has a 0.9x score multiplier, not making it competitive vs lower spin nomod.
posted

lolcubes wrote:

Spunout was 285 or something I believe. I would actually support that it goes to like 350~400 range constant though, because it already has a 0.9x score multiplier, not making it competitive vs lower spin nomod.
350~400 sounds a bit too much. 300~325 would be good enough.
posted
Spun Out bonus is plain wrong. It should give a x1.00 bonus since that mode is actually a disadvantage. Spinning faster than Spun Out is something even new players can do easily.
posted

deadbeat wrote:

spunout is fine as it is. the idea of spunout is so you don't have to spin and its set at 286 so that it can pass spinners that give off 2000 bonus and over.
From what I see, SpunOut should always guarantee to pass a spin, or else you might as well spin it yourself. In this case, it shows that it's not guaranteed, and I can't spin it myself either.

deadbeat wrote:

spunout not being able to pass a map with a insanely long spinner isn't too much of a issue. even more so since its an approved map. i doubt maps with spinners that long are going to get ranked/approved very often. so it seems a little OTT to change the way spunout works because of one single map out of thousands.
If one map with tough spin can get approved, then more people might try to do the same, so it's only a matter of time before that happens.

deadbeat wrote:

also the point of spunout is so you don't have to spin. that is kinda defeated with your "Initial speed + X speed"
Having that initial guarantees the spin free for maps it can do on its own, but it can also serve as a boost for those who want to have a faster spin/more bonus.
If you were to say the initial speed would be too much advantage since 286+350=636, then things can probably be changed so that while spinning along with your cursor, the boost is only 100 or so.

The way I'm proposing is so that SpunOut would actually become a more efficient mode to use. Would you personally ever use SpunOut for any rank play as the way it is right now? If you say it's only for casual play then the 0.9x multiplier really serves no purpose.
posted

Wishy22 wrote:

Spun Out bonus is plain wrong. It should give a x1.00 bonus since that mode is actually a disadvantage. Spinning faster than Spun Out is something even new players can do easily.
This is true as well. I don't really get the reason why it has a multiplier of 0.9x, maybe just cause it's for lazy people. However the spin speed should definitely get increased then, because there is no real need to be that low in the first place.

@Stefan, a 350~400 spin with spunout still gives less score than nomod, because of the multiplier, so I really see no reason why not to have higher speed. :p
posted
Why isn't SPM subjective to the actual spinner? Like making the SPM the exact amount to give a 300 for the spinner.
posted

Wishy22 wrote:

Spun Out bonus is plain wrong. It should give a x1.00 bonus since that mode is actually a disadvantage. Spinning faster than Spun Out is something even new players can do easily.
If it's so easy, then why play with Spunout?
This is plain right to penalize lazy players imo. Spinners are part of the game, you shouldn't avoid them with a mod.
posted
Sorry to break it into your discussions, but I think we're starting to get side tracked from my original post.
I'm requesting that players can spin along the spinner to accelerate it, not just increasing the current spin speed.
posted

JappyBabes wrote:

Why isn't SPM subjective to the actual spinner? Like making the SPM the exact amount to give a 300 for the spinner.
I think this makes the most sense and prevents scenarios like in the OP.
posted
Finally a petition where I can waste/throw my votes <3
posted

SapphireGhost wrote:

JappyBabes wrote:

Why isn't SPM subjective to the actual spinner? Like making the SPM the exact amount to give a 300 for the spinner.
I think this makes the most sense and prevents scenarios like in the OP.
Except that the issue isn't passing the spinners... you can still get 300 on both of them and fail the map if you don't spin fast enough to keep your HP up.
posted
^Just add that to the criteria for Spun Out I guess.
posted
The way things are going with all these criteria, it might be easier to just have Spun Out take the spinners literally out. Because you might as well if you're going to guarantee that all spinners complete without bonus and keep the meter neutral during the spin.

(That's sarcasm... I'm not suggesting it. Personally, I'm fine with mods that fail with some maps.)
posted

XPJ38 wrote:

Wishy22 wrote:

Spun Out bonus is plain wrong. It should give a x1.00 bonus since that mode is actually a disadvantage. Spinning faster than Spun Out is something even new players can do easily.
If it's so easy, then why play with Spunout?
This is plain right to penalize lazy players imo. Spinners are part of the game, you shouldn't avoid them with a mod.
Giving x1.00 bonus = you lose score on spinners, that penalty is good enough.
posted
even though easy isnt used frequently, it lets me pass some maps that i wont be able to pass normally
nofail and halftime is preety much frequently used as -multiplier.

but spunout is like neverused because first of all most of osu! players would be able to spin faster then 286 and it gives us penalty.

486+ *0.9 or 286 + *1.0(maybe 0.99) makes best sense for me...
posted
Spunout works the way it is so it's harder to get scores on the leaderboards by making your spins automatic, also spunout is supposed to spin for you not help you spin so the idea of having to spin alongside it makes little to no sense.

Also the current spunout multiplier was based off the speed spunout spins, if the speed is increased or made it so that it always clears spinners it would probably have it's multiplier taken down to like 0.5x or lower.
posted
This is another request similiar to what i asked some time ago:
t/29196/hilit=spunout

Similiar for thefact that SpunOut makes you lose a lot of HP in some maps and you fail because of it, but i proposed something easier to achieve and understand, i think.
posted
Oh right, forogt about that one, thanks CNF

Although this one is slightly different xD
show more
Please sign in to reply.