forum

[added] Show the very first approach circle in Hidden-Mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +43
Topic Starter
Ataman
Hi there,

While playing hidden I often stumble across beatmaps that use a note on the first tone. I think this is perfectly fine but it is a bit annoying in hidden mode since you don't have any clue when you should hit the first note. You see that note on the start and then you guess since there is no rhythm involved at all.

Thus I would like to suggest showing the approach circle on the first note in hidden-mode, providing some help for hitting that 'quiet' note.

Greetings
Ataman
-Athena-
This reminds me of one map in particular than I tried to rank.. Nana mizuki silent bible lol, nice suggestion
Topic Starter
Ataman
Kanon Wakeshima - Kajitsu no Keikoku on yami is also a nice example.
Aoko
I agree. +1 Support :3
Shiro
The fade-in of the note acts as an approach circle. With enough experience, you'll learn to read this as well as an approach circle. This isn't needed.
JAKACHAN

Odaril wrote:

The fade-in of the note acts as an approach circle. With enough experience, you'll learn to read this as well as an approach circle. This isn't needed.
I agree with this. Not to mention you can tell when the first note is to be hit by the timer circle in the top right of the screen. When that circle finishes emptying that's when the first circle is to be hit.
-Athena-

JAKACHAN wrote:

Odaril wrote:

I agree with this. Not to mention you can tell when the first note is to be hit by the timer circle in the top right of the screen. When that circle finishes emptying that's when the first circle is to be hit.
Well I wouldn't argue with the pros, you just sort of lose your timing and focus after 10 retries in a row though XD
Topic Starter
Ataman
Of course you don't need it but it would be a small addition without any downsides (Or at least I can't think of one) and for some people it will help. (Non-pros as example).
Nyquill
I think this also brings in the question of whether or not maps need to be sight-read fc-able.
Shiro

Nyquill wrote:

I think this also brings in the question of whether or not maps need to be sight-read fc-able.
This does not include mods. Mods are meant to make maps significantly harder, so they can't be taken into account. If HD was, there would be absolutely no stacking allowed at all.
Sakura
More like notes need to be stacked because we take into account HD mode, when stacking doesn't happen, stacks are imposible to read in HD without memorization.
CXu
when stacking doesn't happen with HD: fade-out makes it possible to see the circles beneath, follow points for back and forth or crosses and how long it is until the next hitcircle should be hit can all be added into "reading" those stacks.

Just saying. Also yeah, use the fade-out as an approach circle to hit the first note. It's the first note - you can esc-retry it a few times compared to the note at xx:xx time.
Stefan
Practice.
That's all.
MMzz

Sakura Hana wrote:

More like notes need to be stacked because we take into account HD mode, when stacking doesn't happen, stacks are imposible to read in HD without memorization.
semi transparent hitcirlces go
Sakura

MMzz wrote:

Sakura Hana wrote:

semi transparent hitcirlces go
I was referring to the stack leniency rule, but i just remembered that there's another reason behind it anyways.
Topic Starter
Ataman

TheNutritiousGuy wrote:

Practice.
That's all.
There are people who play for fun, not for practice and highscore. Trying to hit silent notes is not fun.
AlphaTiger
I agree too. That's pretty annoying on some beatmaps, especially when trying to score an SS.
And it's not really possible to rely on fading, as on the last beatmap I was playing with Hidden, the fading was occuring something like 2.1 beats before start, and not something exact like 2 beats ...
Archangel Tirael
I agree, but peppy does't recharge my stars. +1. ;3
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
retry.

that's all
Archangel Tirael
Although such a thing ... would not stir and flashlight mode.
show more