forum

Andrew W.K. - Ready To Die

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, March 07, 2012 at 11:27:23 PM

Artist: Andrew W.K.
Title: Ready To Die
Tags: Mr Color DiamondCrash
BPM: 187.21
Filesize: 20524kb
Play Time: 02:53
Difficulties Available:
  1. Color's Hate (4.9 stars, 354 notes)
  2. DC's Normal (3.34 stars, 226 notes)
  3. DIE (4.99 stars, 493 notes)
  4. Mild Death (4.15 stars, 279 notes)
Download: Andrew W.K. - Ready To Die
Download: Andrew W.K. - Ready To Die (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Sync told me to honest!
TicClick
Awesome!
Cyclohexane
Hello

I hate ponies

perfect song for a guest difficulty
Meh who am I kidding you requested it, and here it is

Download: Andrew W.K. - Ready To Die (ztrot) [Color's Hate].osu
Noob Man
Color your diff is so pro. <3

Can't wait to see the whole mapset, as I generally like your maps, ztrot. *-*
Garven
I approve of this video and 02:31:336 (3,4) - to be circles instead of lame sauce sliders.
aRiskOfRain
Roddie
Heeey

Timing Points
  1. Try to keep the kiai time consistent for all difficulties.

DC's Normal
  1. You know, this difficulty plays like a hard because of the spacing, man. Also, considering that the bpm for this map is about 187, a slider of least 1.40 isn't the best way to go in my opinion.
  2. Perhaps it's best to decrease the Approach Rate by one.
Mild Death
  1. 01:52:236 (4)-A finish here doesn't sound right here in my opinion. Consider removing it.
  2. 01:52:877 (1)-A finish here sounds right.
Color's Hate
  1. 01:08:649 (1)-The hitburst from this spinner is covering the reverse arrow of the next slider. Just place the slider somewhere else and you should be fine.
  2. 02:41:592 (1)-Blanket this slider properly around note 6.
  3. 02:43:195 (5)-^
DIE
  1. 00:36:279-Perhaps it's best to put new combo here.
  2. 00:51:342 (2)-A good idea to add a finish on the beginning?
  3. 01:52:236 (3)-A finish here doesn't sound right here in my opinion. Consider removing it.
  4. 01:52:977 (2)-Add a finish on the beginning. It would sound right if put it there.
And that's about it.

Good luck to you, man.
Topic Starter
ztrot

Roddie wrote:

Heeey

Timing Points
  1. Try to keep the kiai time consistent for all difficulties.

DC's Normal
  1. You know, this difficulty plays like a hard because of the spacing, man. Also, considering that the bpm for this map is about 187, a slider of least 1.40 isn't the best way to go in my opinion.
  2. Perhaps it's best to decrease the Approach Rate by one.
changed the ar but imo the map itself plays like a normal and because of the lack of circles making the gaps a bit bigger is usually okay.

Mild Death
  1. 01:52:236 (4)-A finish here doesn't sound right here in my opinion. Consider removing it. fixed
  2. 01:52:877 (1)-A finish here sounds right.
fixed

Color's Hate
  1. 01:08:649 (1)-The hitburst from this spinner is covering the reverse arrow of the next slider. Just place the slider somewhere else and you should be fine.
  2. 02:41:592 (1)-Blanket this slider properly around note 6.
  3. 02:43:195 (5)-^
fixed all

DIE
  1. 00:36:279-Perhaps it's best to put new combo here.
  2. 00:51:342 (2)-A good idea to add a finish on the beginning?
  3. 01:52:236 (3)-A finish here doesn't sound right here in my opinion. Consider removing it.
  4. 01:52:977 (2)-Add a finish on the beginning. It would sound right if put it there.
fixed all

And that's about it.

Good luck to you, man.
thanks so much man.
dkun
as much as I hate the song, have a star to all the sexy sliders in this mapset!
Charles445
General
  1. Change 'Mr_Color' to 'Mr Color' in the tags. No other maps have the underscore.
  2. Lowest diff is 3.72 stars. Guideline is 3, and normally I only allow it to go either up to 3.25 or 3.5 ... 3.72 is really, really much. It'd be tough to get it ranked like this since people give you a lot of shit about diff spread.
DC's Normal
  1. Make circles bigger!
  2. All those finishes hurts my ears.
  3. This is mapped short! Noooooooooo!!!!!!
  4. 00:31:151 (1) - First object is almost offscreen T_T, this could be done better.
  5. 01:35:250 (1,2,3,4) - Normally I don't point out flow problems but this one is just so... argh! This doesn't flow at all!

Too hard for the easiest, seriously.
Color's Hate
  1. 02:31:336 (1,2) - These are offbeat. They should be 1/3 like in the DIE difficulty.
DIE
  1. 00:59:034 (6,7) - These sliders move strangely. They go in a loop before moving upwards.
  2. 02:00:569 (6,7) - Same as above.
Fix the unrankable issues and get an Easy.
Topic Starter
ztrot
TY
Charles445
DC's Normal seems easy enough now. Star rating's a little weird but then again star rating is stupid and it's within a reasonable amount (it shows normal).

Asked others about the video, most agree that it's disgusting, but it seems that it is okay to have with a warning. I see you put one in the description, that's good.

Diffs and timing are all nice... so yeah, I'm going to bubble this. Don't be surprised it someone swoops over and pops it since it's very borderline.
Charles445
Storyboard link for future reference http://puu.sh/iy3q
EDIT: Disclaimer added per request of peppy, rebubbled
Quaraezha
Topic Starter
ztrot
Bump for justice~
Mafiamaster
Cute.

Go ahead and delete the extra blackbg.png and warningpic.png in the main folder.
The WARNING folder already contains these 2 pictures.

I'm still on the fence whether [Normal] is easy enough.
You sure you don't want to raise the circle size one more time?
Other than that, everything else seems A-Ok.

Edit: Alright, I'll rebubble this. Since I'm still a bit uncomfortable in ranking this, we'll let the next BAT decide.
Topic Starter
ztrot
I fixed them making the circle size bigger breaks the patterns so sorry can't but yay fixed.
I await my blood soaked heart of joy.

Edit: qq I await the next bat
Charles445
d'oh
Gonzvlo
[Color's Hate]
  1. 01:11:213 (1) - The reverse arrow is mostly hidden. Move this some grids down, that should be enough.
That's pretty much all, I still want to discuss [Normal] though. Popped for now.
Gonzvlo
After asking around for opinions... since Normal has really repetitive patterns and rhythms, it should be fine.
(lovhin456, NatsumeRin, SapphireGhost, wmfchris, Charles, wcx19911123 and Kenezz, thanks for your input guys, really appreciated!)

show more