Mappers' Mafia Information & Applications

posted
Total Posts
show more
abraker
oh great now this is pinned

look what you have brought upon us
Stefan
faiswusuf and Alexkuzi were just the tip of the iceberg of garbage posting.
levesterz
oh my this thread have transcended
Serraionga

abraker wrote:

OT doesn't deserve this. Move this back from where it came
Saturnalize
I don't even cringe at this joke what a new level of meme
abraker

Stefan wrote:

faiswusuf and Alexkuzi were just the tip of the iceberg of garbage posting.
I wouldn't say the tip. . .
Endaris
You shall be exiled for posting in the wrong subforum of OT.
KatouMegumi
I feel sorry for the damages caused by the OT people.
Saturnalize

KatouMegumi wrote:

I feel sorry for the damages caused by the OT people.
it's the way around
Sotarks
:?:
KatouMegumi

Sotarks wrote:

:?:
ColdTooth
This isn't even funny.
johnmedina999
Last post of Page 5.
johnmedina999
First post of Page 6.
yuhaii
what has happened to ot
Saturnalize
crumbling down
Naimae
I don't get it. So is the implication here that, if you make a good enough shitpost, then you get pinned?

That kind of rule would be fair. But I don't think that's the case. After all, monstrata is a big name in the community. I feel there is some backdoor bribery going on here.

Consider: All the shitposts made by everyone else on this forum haven't been pinned ever. How can the work of one man outdo so many so quickly, so fiercly, and so... handsomely? Such a powerful shitpost, admittedly, but unfair that it is pinned because of...

Because of monstrata. Not the person, the name. This is the case of the upperclass having all the privileges over the middle and lower classes, we get abused at the mercy and pleasure of people like monstrata. In this case, monstrata is the face of the enemy. He is the person that represents all that we have been fighting against, our eternal nemesis - the aristocracy.

Down with the corrupt mods! Off with their heads! Burn the forums! Let us build from the ground up, a new Off-topic that will be free of moderation! Unshackle the chains, break their barbed whips upon your renewed body and seize the day! In the new forum, everyone will be equal, there will be no aristocracy to exploit you, no lower class to be taken advantage of.

To arms!
Saturnalize

citremi wrote:

To arms!
johnmedina999
The more one posts in this thread, the more one supports Monstrata and his regime.
abraker
fuck monstrata and his trianglejerking shitposts
Foxtrot
get out of OT, mapperfags
Saturnalize

Saturnalize wrote:

igorsprite

Saturnalize wrote:

Flanster
-Makishima S-
/thread

-Makishima S-
Also, one of my friend want to share her reaction:

Saturnalize

Flanster wrote:

Saturnalize wrote:

Flanster
The pin was accidental apparently, moving on!
igorsprite

Flanster wrote:

"accidental"
abraker

Flanster wrote:

You telling us that mods have no pin vision to see who pinned the darn thing?

My life is a lie
KatouMegumi
Can just shut up.
Flanster

abraker wrote:

Flanster wrote:

You telling us that mods have no pin vision to see who pinned the darn thing?

My life is a lie

Please, how do you think we managed to figure this out.
Shohei Ohtani
Saturnalize
cdfa you can be my daddy anytime you want I'm wet right now
abraker

Flanster wrote:

secret osu! #moderator chat
KatouMegumi

abraker wrote:

Flanster wrote:

secret osu! #moderator chat
iirc its called #lobby
Naimae
>vertical video
abraker

KatouMegumi wrote:

iirc its called #lobby
I thought mods avoid that like the plague. That's the only way I can explain why it is so shit
Saturnalize

CDFA wrote:

Ashton
This thing discouraged people to create their own maps. If you really like a song but it hasn’t been mapped in osu yet, then map it yourself. Then work on introducing and popularizing that type of music YOURSELF. It would be a little boring to see only monstrata (and other well known mappers).
Another concern is how many people are willing to pay money to have someone map a song they like? Maybe it’s a lot of people, but I certainly wouldn’t.

This also discourages new players from venturing into the mapping world themselves, I think a big reason a lot of players try mapping is because they want to make an impact, they want to introduce new songs and styles of mapping to the community.

Again, I’m not sure if this applies for everyone, but i would not like mapping a song genre I’m unfamiliar with. Monstrata for example, I’m sure he’s capable of mapping tons of different genres, but he primarially maps his little anime songs or whatever. If someone payed him to map a genre or song that’s uncomfortable or that he didn’t like, the map probably won’t be however the person paying for it visioned it. Which ultimately means whoever payed just wasted some money. Maybe a little more selection than just handing over a song? Like, “do you want this map to be gimmicky, if yes how so? Do you want this to be mapped in my own style? Do you want this map to have challenging rhythms?” Which means whoever is being payed must have a large amount of skill and can adapt to whatever the commissioner wants.

Of course, this is just speculation. Maybe the mappers who applied are ok with mapping songs out of their comfort zone. Maybe there are people who’d actually pay. But my biggest concern is that it will discourage new mappers.

It’s like doing commisionary art, you can set rules, but that might lower the chances of business. You could say “art commissions - only fan art of attack on titan” or say “art commissions - anything’s fine!” The second one would increase your chances of selling, but you might have to work uncomfortably.

All in all, I hope whoever does make it on the team can bring a wide variety of mapping styles to the table.
show more