gratz scantaaa san ^-^
scanter is the one of best mapper in koreaI agree!
not sure if the map deserves a DQ because I don't see any critical or unrankable issues, also I'm not a mapper himself so i can't determine things. it's up to QAT's decision
Enon wrote:scanter is the one of best mapper in koreaI agree!
Unfortunately, I don't believe the osu!catch diffs are ready to be qualified.General
Difficulty naming scheme
- While, yes, the name "Expert" comes from the game, I don't think it's appropriate to add non-traditional names when there is not a full spread to support those names. If there was an entire spread for ctb with Easy/Normal/Hard/Expert, this wouldn't be a problem, but right now, there's no correlation to make Expert = Rain. I kinda agree with this tho i think it's still up to scanter's preference
Difficulty settings spread issue
- The current spread of AR and CS is pretty bad. The rain has nothing to really constitute it being AR9.1, so reducing it to the standard value of 9 would be much better. the song has bpm of 195 which is pretty high, no need to make it down to 9
- The same can be said for the CS. A pretty large jump from 4 -> 4.5 in a 2 diff spread is not really welcoming. even if it's a 2 diff spread there's no valid reason to reduce the gap of 0.5 between them, I also thick it plays fine with 4.5Crystal's Captivation
Emphasis and structure
- To note, pretty much every object in this difficulty is a hyperdash. This is really not okay as it makes hyperdashes feel less emphatic and thus can ruin the complexity of a map. In places like 00:15:033 - , there is no real reason for the high amount of hdashes. They really feel pretty forced. They play fine and fun for me and the part isn't that relaxing as well
- If you're following your previous structure, 00:26:879 (1) - should not be a new combo. If it is a new combo, the structure should be more involved with 00:26:879 (1,2,3,4) - and less with 00:26:571 (1,2,1) - . agree with this one
- 00:25:187 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - These could definitely use a reduction. As it is, if you're even a slight bit behind, this pattern is unforgiving and can cause instant fails due to the necessity of the HDashes in these patterns. they're already pretty easy imo :thinking: don't need that much nerf
- 00:29:956 - Another place where every note is a hyperdash for seemingly no reason. Besides a slight snare hit (which is amplified by the hitsounds, creating artificial emphasis), there is no outstanding reason to use a hyperdash on every object. Reducing the hyper density to create more of a contrast between here and... well... every other part of the map would be very good. yeah agree with this
- 00:34:263 (4,5) - Cross screen hypers aren't really recommended unless there's real reason to them, which there isn't for this. It's a strong vocal, but not strong enough to warrant such a huge distance. I can reduce it but it still seems reasonable to me due to strong vocals
- 00:58:263 (1) - The low SV of this slider makes this really uncomfortable to play. Not only that, you miss such huge vocal potential with the song at 00:58:879 - . it's intended to follow the guitar I guess + plays actually fine with low SV for me. but yeah I agree with vocal one
- 01:07:802 (5,1) - Another instance of cross-screen hyperdashes. Yeah, it's the kiai but the strong sound is on 01:07:956 - if you wanted such a strong dash to it. makes sense
- 01:09:956 (3,1) - structural inconsistency with 00:59:340 (1,2,3,4) - it's fine to have such change that isn't that major
I'm willing to mod both diffs fully should this be DQ'd.