Underdogs
Rank hype :00000000
Topic Starter
scanter

Underdogs wrote:

Rank hype :00000000
thanks~
Xinnoh
CLSW is dead so idk how this will work, I've made this mod so anyone can apply it without knowing ctb

Captivation
00:21:187 (5) - 00:41:033 (1,3) - 00:42:417 (2) - 00:46:571 (3) - 01:30:110 (5) - These are too close to the edges, they should be moved to x16 and x496.
00:25:187 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - These should be scaled down by 0.95x, too difficult right now.
00:29:494 (3) - Point this to the left so it has a better lead in.
01:34:110 (1) - Same as above
00:49:494 (8) - The drums are weaker here, ctrl-h the pattern so it looks like this https://puu.sh/zqdZS/572f543564.png
Expert
You need to change the name to Crystal's Rain, don't want to have naming issues.
01:05:340 (4,1) - Move this to x40, distance is too high.
01:12:110 (2) - Rhythm and flow isn't following music, need some steps to fix:
  1. Ctrl-g 01:12:110 (2,3,4) - to change rhythm
  2. Move 01:12:417 (3,5) - to x288 and 01:12:570 (4) - to x174
  3. Fix hitsounds, should look like https://puu.sh/zqegA/86038cfc12.png
Topic Starter
scanter
thanks! Spectator will upload he's reply
Spectator

Sinnoh wrote:

CLSW is dead so idk how this will work, I've made this mod so anyone can apply it without knowing ctb

Captivation
00:21:187 (5) - 00:41:033 (1,3) - 00:42:417 (2) - 00:46:571 (3) - 01:30:110 (5) - These are too close to the edges, they should be moved to x16 and x496. all fixed!
00:25:187 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1,2) - These should be scaled down by 0.95x, too difficult right now. it's not that hard tho. they're not even close to edge dashes
00:29:494 (3) - Point this to the left so it has a better lead in. no? the current pattern also works pretty nicely and I like how it is consistent with 00:29:648 (4) - in structure
01:34:110 (1) - Same as above same
00:49:494 (8) - The drums are weaker here, ctrl-h the pattern so it looks like this https://puu.sh/zqdZS/572f543564.png good point, fixed
Expert
You need to change the name to Crystal's Rain, don't want to have naming issues.
01:05:340 (4,1) - Move this to x40, distance is too high. done
01:12:110 (2) - Rhythm and flow isn't following music, need some steps to fix:
  1. Ctrl-g 01:12:110 (2,3,4) - to change rhythm
  2. Move 01:12:417 (3,5) - to x288 and 01:12:570 (4) - to x174
  3. Fix hitsounds, should look like https://puu.sh/zqegA/86038cfc12.png fixed!
thanks for mod Sinnoh owo

http://puu.sh/zqR7B/88bb7b7b8a.zip
Topic Starter
scanter
updated!
UndeadCapulet
BUBBLED
Topic Starter
scanter
thanks \o/
Xinnoh
recheck

Change Rain back to Expert, didn't read p/5960007 so should be fine

Discussed AR with spec, should be fine
Topic Starter
scanter

Sinnoh wrote:

recheck

Change Rain back to Expert, didn't read p/5960007 so should be fine

Discussed AR with spec, should be fine
done
Civil oath
쿠도수
Xinnoh
qual
Uta
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Homura-
gratz!
Topic Starter
scanter
thanks \o/
Elasia
축하드려용 :)
Gaia
gratz scantaaa san ^-^
Spectator
:) :)
_kotachi_
omedesu! :)
Fu Xuan
Hii,
Plz fix ur source : ((
Should be バンドリ! ガールズバンドパーティ! instead of BanG Dream! since louder didn't appear in the anime
Fycho
since the song is only in the game but not in anime, source should be バンドリ!ガールズバンドパーティ!
Topic Starter
scanter
updated! thanks your early checked
Underdogs
im the one requested that sorry scanter-san :(
Topic Starter
scanter

Underdogs wrote:

im the one requested that sorry scanter-san :(
it's okay. all of my fault
Fycho
:3
Topic Starter
scanter
\o/
Luna-
WOW CONGRATS!! <3<3<3<3<3
Spectator
\o/
Nitrous
Congrats!
Topic Starter
scanter
thanks everyone!
Enon
scanter is the one of best mapper in korea
Ascendance

Enon wrote:

I agree!

Unfortunately, I don't believe the osu!catch diffs are ready to be qualified.

General

Difficulty naming scheme
  1. While, yes, the name "Expert" comes from the game, I don't think it's appropriate to add non-traditional names when there is not a full spread to support those names. If there was an entire spread for ctb with Easy/Normal/Hard/Expert, this wouldn't be a problem, but right now, there's no correlation to make Expert = Rain.
Difficulty settings spread issue
  1. The current spread of AR and CS is pretty bad. The rain has nothing to really constitute it being AR9.1, so reducing it to the standard value of 9 would be much better.
  2. The same can be said for the CS. A pretty large jump from 4 -> 4.5 in a 2 diff spread is not really welcoming.

Crystal's Captivation

Emphasis and structure
  1. To note, pretty much every object in this difficulty is a hyperdash. This is really not okay as it makes hyperdashes feel less emphatic and thus can ruin the complexity of a map. In places like 00:15:033 - , there is no real reason for the high amount of hdashes. They really feel pretty forced.
  2. If you're following your previous structure, 00:26:879 (1) - should not be a new combo. If it is a new combo, the structure should be more involved with 00:26:879 (1,2,3,4) - and less with 00:26:571 (1,2,1) - .
  3. 00:25:187 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - These could definitely use a reduction. As it is, if you're even a slight bit behind, this pattern is unforgiving and can cause instant fails due to the necessity of the HDashes in these patterns.
  4. 00:29:956 - Another place where every note is a hyperdash for seemingly no reason. Besides a slight snare hit (which is amplified by the hitsounds, creating artificial emphasis), there is no outstanding reason to use a hyperdash on every object. Reducing the hyper density to create more of a contrast between here and... well... every other part of the map would be very good.
  5. 00:34:263 (4,5) - Cross screen hypers aren't really recommended unless there's real reason to them, which there isn't for this. It's a strong vocal, but not strong enough to warrant such a huge distance.
  6. 00:58:263 (1) - The low SV of this slider makes this really uncomfortable to play. Not only that, you miss such huge vocal potential with the song at 00:58:879 - .
  7. 01:07:802 (5,1) - Another instance of cross-screen hyperdashes. Yeah, it's the kiai but the strong sound is on 01:07:956 - if you wanted such a strong dash to it.
  8. 01:09:956 (3,1) - structural inconsistency with 00:59:340 (1,2,3,4) -

I'm willing to mod both diffs fully should this be DQ'd.
Spectator

Ascendance wrote:

Enon wrote:

I agree!

Unfortunately, I don't believe the osu!catch diffs are ready to be qualified.

General

Difficulty naming scheme
  1. While, yes, the name "Expert" comes from the game, I don't think it's appropriate to add non-traditional names when there is not a full spread to support those names. If there was an entire spread for ctb with Easy/Normal/Hard/Expert, this wouldn't be a problem, but right now, there's no correlation to make Expert = Rain. I kinda agree with this tho i think it's still up to scanter's preference
Difficulty settings spread issue
  1. The current spread of AR and CS is pretty bad. The rain has nothing to really constitute it being AR9.1, so reducing it to the standard value of 9 would be much better. the song has bpm of 195 which is pretty high, no need to make it down to 9
  2. The same can be said for the CS. A pretty large jump from 4 -> 4.5 in a 2 diff spread is not really welcoming. even if it's a 2 diff spread there's no valid reason to reduce the gap of 0.5 between them, I also thick it plays fine with 4.5

Crystal's Captivation

Emphasis and structure
  1. To note, pretty much every object in this difficulty is a hyperdash. This is really not okay as it makes hyperdashes feel less emphatic and thus can ruin the complexity of a map. In places like 00:15:033 - , there is no real reason for the high amount of hdashes. They really feel pretty forced. They play fine and fun for me and the part isn't that relaxing as well
  2. If you're following your previous structure, 00:26:879 (1) - should not be a new combo. If it is a new combo, the structure should be more involved with 00:26:879 (1,2,3,4) - and less with 00:26:571 (1,2,1) - . agree with this one
  3. 00:25:187 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,1) - These could definitely use a reduction. As it is, if you're even a slight bit behind, this pattern is unforgiving and can cause instant fails due to the necessity of the HDashes in these patterns. they're already pretty easy imo :thinking: don't need that much nerf
  4. 00:29:956 - Another place where every note is a hyperdash for seemingly no reason. Besides a slight snare hit (which is amplified by the hitsounds, creating artificial emphasis), there is no outstanding reason to use a hyperdash on every object. Reducing the hyper density to create more of a contrast between here and... well... every other part of the map would be very good. yeah agree with this
  5. 00:34:263 (4,5) - Cross screen hypers aren't really recommended unless there's real reason to them, which there isn't for this. It's a strong vocal, but not strong enough to warrant such a huge distance. I can reduce it but it still seems reasonable to me due to strong vocals
  6. 00:58:263 (1) - The low SV of this slider makes this really uncomfortable to play. Not only that, you miss such huge vocal potential with the song at 00:58:879 - . it's intended to follow the guitar I guess + plays actually fine with low SV for me. but yeah I agree with vocal one
  7. 01:07:802 (5,1) - Another instance of cross-screen hyperdashes. Yeah, it's the kiai but the strong sound is on 01:07:956 - if you wanted such a strong dash to it. makes sense
  8. 01:09:956 (3,1) - structural inconsistency with 00:59:340 (1,2,3,4) - it's fine to have such change that isn't that major

I'm willing to mod both diffs fully should this be DQ'd.
not sure if the map deserves a DQ because I don't see any critical or unrankable issues, also I'm not a mapper himself so i can't determine things. it's up to QAT's decision

thanks for looking into a map!
Deif
Hello! Difficulty settings between those diffs aren't critical to fix, would've personally used AR 9 and 9.5 instead but the current ones are also okay-ish. CS progression is also appropriated. Some of the points brought up by Ascendance are valid and worth mentioning:

00:29:956 - I can somehow understand the intentions of the mapper to remark the drum beats, but there's no need to place a hyper between almost every slider. It's a relatively calm section after the previous intense guitar, so it can use normal dashes instead.
00:34:263 (4,5) - Vocals are indeed strong, but there's no need to have cross screen hypers imo.

I've discussed it with JBH and Kuro and they also agreed on the calm section could use less intensity than it current has. The rest of the mod are mostly subjective issues that can be considered. As Spectator agreed with some of the mentioned points and looks willing to improve the beatmap, now you have the opportunity to do so.

It shouldn't take too long to get it requalified, but until then good luck!
Topic Starter
scanter
okay. I do not have time anymore to rank, and also I haven't any personnal connection.

I've done enough. give up now. thank you everyone!
UndeadCapulet
;-;
Lexii
nooo D;
Xinnoh
wat

you don't even need to do anything, just let spec fix the ctb and it can be requalified
Underdogs
welp, can't do much about it. Thanks for the short ranked section
Kurokami

scanter wrote:

okay. I do not have time anymore to rank, and also I haven't any personnal connection.

I've done enough. give up now. thank you everyone!
You have to do nothing else than update the map when the changes are ready. Everything else will be handled by either some catch BNs or QAT.

I personally do not like to hear "I give up" from anyone but especially not from someone who has ranked maps before. Mainly because I know how hard it to rank a mapset due to the struggle with my very first mapset, that took me 3-4 years.
show more