Nice Storyboard (^-^)
Lumario wrote:Nice Storyboard (^-^)
Thanks a lot for the mod! :3
Warpyc wrote:ayy from queue
Gotta say this storyboard is really something else, easily rivals some of the best ones I know like EOS and Sweet Dreams. Outright amazing
Thank you! But I'm nowhere near the level of all those amazing storyboarders ^^; I still have a lot left to learn...
Hantz Hmmm... 🤔[list:1337]
01:15:596 (4) - This slider is a bit odd, it feels pretty weird to play and you're missing a piano note at 01:15:681 - or whatever that sound is
Removed the kinda overmapped notes & slider and just placed a hitcircle there now so it follows the 3 piano notes or whatever that sound is
01:25:909 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - What is up with the placement of this stream, following the flow it should be positioned somewhere on the right side. right now it's pretty much a 90-degree angle that also decreases in spacing, feels very off. I'd change it to something like this https://puu.sh/uEkmt/b24a5ef58e.png
Good point. Rotated stream by 180° and moved it to start at the the star pattern (similar to your suggestion)
02:38:693 (2,3,4,5,6) - I've noticed this quite a bit actually, sometimes it feels like the spacing is really big between these and sometimes really small. Not sure if it's worth trying to normalise the spacing but just an observation
I felt like emphasizing the kicks and snares in the song with higher spacing between notes. The spacing between all them was the same and plain at first until I learned about more proper beat emphasis
04:32:386 (8,9) - Spacing is way too low between these two considering how big it is between 04:32:215 (7,8) -
You're right, moved both notes a bit to decrease the 7->8 jump and increase the 8->9 one. Should be better now
04:48:238 (3,4) - shouldn't these be stacked on top of 04:48:409 (5) - feels very inconsistent otherwise
Sounds fair, stacked 3,4 on top of 5.
Good luck with the map, love the storyboard!
also excuse me if I placed suggestions on the wrong person too lazy to double check
All good here! o7
Fixed! Thank you so much for checking! (I didn't know who to ask...)
Curisu wrote:m-flo are bringing me back some of those old memories
02:05:454 - いっせーの説明不足 嘯く
02:17:727 - 点と点繋いで線
02:28:295 - 愛の投資サイコロに任せ (should be written in Katakana)
03:42:272 - 僕は ソフト ハード
03:46:363 - ^
Hmm I've been using some online lyrics sources to help me checking this and you can also do it by yourself cuz I'm pointing out some apparent mistakes. Besides those there are also some other differences between the sb and those sources, which imo is not necessary to be mentioned unless you decide to use official ver. lyrics (which I can not find it atm)
Kawa wrote:Fixed! Thank you so much for checking! (I didn't know who to ask...)
Hopefully I didn't mess up something else
00:06:818 (4) - I would curve this slightly and then ctrl+j 00:07:329 (6) - that just feels smoother and looks better imo. Something like this https://puu.sh/uEj0q/9b5f4bdc18.png sure
00:08:181 (1,2) - I feel like these two sliders represent two very different sounds but look the same, from looking how you mapped it before I'd try to curve 00:08:693 (2) - slightly so it feels a bit softer sure
00:13:636 (1,2) - ^ symmetry is nice and all but doesn't really feel right suuuure
00:21:136 (2,3) - I would lower the hitsounds on the sliderends slightly sounds a bit weird otherwise yeah
00:25:227 (3,4) - spacing between these feels kind of odd in this section feels like you have to slow down a lot to hit it, I'm not quite sure why though it might be the shallow angle edited slightly?
00:31:960 (4) - wouldn't it play better if you remove it and just placed a triple here like this https://puu.sh/uEjAP/1492d38d3d.png no, i think it's fine
00:32:556 (7,1) - why so low spacing? Honestly, it feels like you could ctrl+g the whole slider at 00:32:727 (1) - and it would be fine edited the part slightly, spacing still low (x
00:42:975 (3) - I think you should snap this to the white tick since you did it over at 00:53:863 (1) - the thing is, I moved it because it wasn't in line with the vocals, she like slows down or something. will leave it like this for now unless some BN complains
01:54:545 (1,3) - nazi but just mirror 01:54:545 (1) - and palce it on 01:55:056 (3) - just like you did at 01:55:568 (5,1) - uhm a bit poorly worded? not quite sure what you meant, but changed it a bit to be symmetrical
02:03:409 (3) - to me sounds like the vocals starts at 02:03:323 - they do but i tried mapping to it and it feels weird to play, i prefer to just have it mapped to the track
02:06:136 (2) - ctrl+j :thinking: i guess
02:30:681 (2,3,4,5) - this just doesn't follow the vocal very well at all sounds like it's quite off, idk what I'd do here but vocals definitely aren't snapped accurately as i said before the vocals are a bit weirdly timed, but not sure what exactly to do with this for now. will leave it as it is because it plays okay imo
03:15:681 (2,3,4,5,1) - Feels pretty messy, overlaps are forced 03:15:852 (3,4) - should have larger spacing between them 03:16:193 (5) - doesn't have a strong beat on it so I'd make it lower spacing edited spacing slightly
04:12:045 (1) - snapping is off and it makes it sound really weird it's mapped to the vocals, seems okay to me
04:17:727 (1) - you should probably overlap it with the sliderend of 04:17:386 (4) - for consistency yeah oops
04:18:750 (4,5) - either make spacing between them bigger or extend 04:18:750 (4) - to the blue tick i don't think it's necessary.
05:52:500 (1,2) - is the exact same sound/rhythm as 05:51:477 (4,1,2) - yet mapped entierly different fixed
06:08:181 (1,2) - not quite sure why you went with mapping it in this way since rn the spacing between these notes are much smaller than they are between 06:08:352 (2,3) - and at least from what I hear they're the same importance in the music. I think some kind of polygon pattern would work fine here, something similar to this 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - imo symmetry also implies equal importance
06:55:909 (1,2) - Feels very weird, I'd ctrl+g the second slider sure
06:56:590 (3,4) - there sliders also feel a bit weird I'd decrease spacing and once again ctrl+g the second slider i like it this way :3
07:04:431 (2,1,2) - this pause feels odd, I'd probably make 07:04:431 (2) - into a slider to fix it sure
Thank you very much!
Curisu wrote:Knock knock
- Muting normal sliderslide?
There's no normal-sliderslide in the beatmap to begin with... Unless you mean actually adding a muted one. <- *
- Sorry if I offended you, but tbh spacing could be improved to me cuz 1) Lack of consistency, which can not be explained as "random style" imo, while the song itself is having some consistentcy within every single section and 2) Seems not having a clear logic which made me a little bit worried.
I would pointing out some of it as examples.
- And due to this, the map is not having a clear structure which limited the impression it brings to player.
I'm not sure which parts this applies to since the the mapping styles change pretty often <- *
- 01:09:545 (1) - Not consistent with 01:05:965 (2) etc. on the shape of slider.
I guess those sharp sliders did look pretty bad... Changed shape to regular curve on 01:09:545 (1) - and 01:20:454 (1) -
- 01:15:340 (2,3,4) - hmm why uneven distance
Oops, evened out spacing
- 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4) - not a very good flow tbh especially the sharp angle on 01:24:204 (4,1,2)
Spread out the notes a bit and moved slightly, should be better now and the angle isn't that sharp anymore
- 01:29:318 (3,4,5,6) - ^
Changed pattern on the 4 notes from weird zigzag to circluar
- 01:39:545 (1,2,3) - distance
Not sure I understand. There's a snare on 01:39:886 (3) - so I previously increased the spacing between 01:39:715 (2,3) - and kept it smaller between 01:39:545 (1,2) - to emphasize it. <- *
Also readded:because this got reverted somewhere midway for some reason....... There's ninjas after me, I swear
- Rotate this slider 01:38:863 (4) – “-15º” and the next slider 01:39:204 (5) – “+15º” to both avoid this overlap 01:38:181 (1,4) – and improve the pattern visual of this slider 01:39:204 (5) – in relation with the next two circles 01:39:545 (1,2) -
These three points aren't my parts, I'm afraid ^^; (Paging Mr Hathz)
- 02:12:784 (3) - ctrl+g flow
- 02:19:090 (1,3) - They are not symmetric/in same y axis (conflict with 02:16:363 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4))
- 02:32:215 - You could heard vocal singing "Da" on this point so maybe it's not a good idea to use 1 beat long slider
I think I would stop at 1st chorus because there seems to have enough example to let you understand my idea. It would be my pleasure if you can poke me via in-game PM (Usually @GMT+1 11:00~15:00) when you feel confused about the idea. (Actually I wanted to PM you before I post something here but I haven't seen you these days hmm)
I've been on and off at random times, don't really have a fixed schedule... I'll poke you in-game about all the points marked with a * if I manage to catch you online
No kd for this If you say so
- 00:03:238 (2,3) - Personally it would be fine to overlap it since you have 00:00:511 (2,3) I've changed this before from an overlap because the time between those notes in particular is shorter than the ones in your example
- 00:03:579 (3) - would prefer removed for consistency (00:02:215 etc.) I think it's fine because the vocal sounds a bit longer as well on that part
- 00:04:090 (5,6,7) - following vocal it would be better by making it hitable instead of put it on slider end - https://puu.sh/uLal0/58c3c39aca.png Fixed
- 00:06:818 (4,5) - ^ https://puu.sh/uLart/96d7cf4b96.png not gonna repeating similar pattern within this section ^
- 00:08:181 (1,2,3) - Here comes a very harsh spacing changes, a very large jump (comparing to other spacing within the section) while the music itself do not have a harsh change to support it (The music here is almost as same as 00:02:727). Fixed
- 00:20:454 (5,1,2) - Maybe they do not blanket well with 00:20:454 (5,1) and 00:19:943 (3,4) having different distance while 00:20:454 (5,2) are completely overlapped. Fixed some stuff
- 00:21:818 (1,2,3) - Uneven spacing. With 00:22:500 (3) should not mean to be emphasized, this small distance change would be illegitimate Fixed
- 00:25:227 (3,4,5) - ^ tho this time 00:25:568 (4) could be emphasized(with snare) The spacing difference is really minor, and there is a snare-of-sort on 4
- 00:25:738 (5,6,1) - the vocal rhythm issue also appears here However, I would then end up with a drum snare on a slider end. Just mapping to the drum here
- 00:32:386 (6,7,1) - Spacing again. Emphasizing 00:32:556 (7) may not be a very good idea from my own perspective while a shorter distance between 00:32:556 (7,1) seems weird considering 1 on downbeat. Those minor spacing issue keeps appearing which would be a potential problem in further mapping. Fixed somewhat
- 00:33:238 (2,3,4,5) - apparently you are making a square by these notes but maybe they do not fit the music and not flow - 00:33:579 (4) seems not a very good timing to make an anti-flow and should exchange position with 5. However 00:33:238 (2,3) had a larger distance which is not that suitable, and you are having minor spacing issues again on 00:32:727 (1,2,3) orz Squares are love, squares are life
- 00:38:863 (3) - https://puu.sh/uLNRC/cf9e127506.png No reason to change
- 00:42:975 (3,4) - Unsnapped? It's snapped on 1/16 because vocals slow down
- 02:19:090 (1,3) - They are not symmetric/in same y axis (conflict with 02:16:363 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4)) Well it's mirrored on both axes
Thanks for modding~
- maybe silence that sliderslide? it's sounds kinda jarring in a calm song.
I've been hearing this a lot. Added a silent soft-sliderslide.wav and normal-sliderslide.wav. Hopefully this doesn't break any regulations
03:50:795 (2,3) - rather would simplfy it with 1/4, 1/2 for something vague as vocals
I'm not really sure I understood what you meant here I replaced the short slider (3) with 2 hitcircles on 1/2 so it should be fine now
- there are some overlaps through the whole map bothering me tht i cant just fix up with modding like 06:45:000 (1,6) -
overlaps in the same combo are bad visually would increase quality if you try to avoid those.
Some slight overlaps are intentional (though I'm sure those are pretty obvious). I fixed the part you mentioned and some others I didn't really notice before, including changing the pattern at 06:52:840 (5,1,2,3,4,5) - a bit to look better. I'll pay more attention to overlaps like these in the future.
- maybe silence that sliderslide? it's sounds kinda jarring in a calm song.
00:08:181 (1) - stack hai
00:10:056 (6,7) - ctrl+g rhythm vocals g not sure what you mean exactly, this is fine
00:20:454 (5) - no beat in song here, 00:20:795 - move sliderhead here? also it's a bit hard to read things there in that section with the overlaps/stacks, 'tis matching the vocal
00:32:386 (6,7) - rather see those as stacks, so it doesn't nullify the bass kick emphasize on 00:31:875 (3,4) - kinda kills the motion then
02:21:477 (6,7) - ^ ^
00:35:965 (2) - stack hai
03:15:852 (3) - x:337 y:34, better place fr jump i used scale tool the jump's way too big then compared to the ones that follow
04:37:585 (6,8) - overmapped heck yeah
- Yoshimaro - wrote:hi im modder c:
im new to mappingim new to modding x d, skip to the bottom of this mod before applying to read why I left a BN worthy check here lol
- There are some SB elements that aren't sized properly. Also, just double check to make sure your BG is jpg and your scrolling / foreground objects are png since they are lossless.
I'll look into this a bit more and ask around but the ranking criteria around storyboard images has been changed a bit since last year so this part is debatable: Criteria from last year and this year for comparison.
I made sure all the images without transparency are in .jpg while all the images with necessary transparency are in .png (only exception being the flares)
- normal-sliderslide.wav and soft-sliderslide.wav are not 100ms. This causes issues for some soundcards and is an unrankable issue, so replace those sliderslides with this muted sliderslide instead.
Replaced, thanks a bunch!
- normal-hitnormal.wav has a delay of over 5ms. I went ahead and cropped an acceptable version for you: https://puu.sh/vQApR/eaffe69c84.mp3
Replaced this aswell, thank you! (For some reason Audacity wanted to add an extra 100ms delay when converting it from .mp3 to .wav so I had to do it with foobar2000, hopefully it didn't mess it up too much)
- On the storyboard, maybe from 00:20:454 - 00:21:818 - there could be an effect similar to 02:31:363 - where the faded and blurry background slowly comes into focus, reaching an emphasized point on 00:21:818 - ?
Good idea, I'll try to get it done after I fix the rest c:
- By the way, 2 years ago I downloaded this map in the midst of a poco maro craze lol.
I might ask you for your poco maro maps sometime later, I could use some more
- 04:46:363 (1) - Maybe curve the end of it a bit? like:
stylistic preference, no functionality impact here c:
Done~ The straight end looked a bit wonky anyways
- 01:21:818 (1,2,3,4) - Maybe you can try something like this?
There are multiple reasons I feel this would be to the benefit of this section. One of which, is because this is actually just before the hardest part in the map:
Second, This much better emphasizes less muted beats on 01:21:818 - 01:22:500 - 01:23:181 - 01:23:863 - with distance gaps and embodies the muted bass beats with softer spacing. The patterning type I showed above would also apply to 01:23:181 (1,2,3,4) - .
Sounds good. Also makes stuff look nicer so sure! Changed the slider patterns to match your suggestion (there were slight problems with flow at first but it should be fine now...)
- 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2) - Hardest part in the map, you can refer to the difficulty strains snapshot I linked above. First, I want to say that I actually really really like this jump sequence, I just feel its a bit too over emphasized in contrast with the rest of the map. A few suggestions on what I think could make this better represent the music:
1. This is a build up, maybe make 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4) - less emphasized, and make 01:25:227 (1,2,3,4) - as emphasized as 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4) - currently is (I'm referring to the distances between circles when I say emphasize here)
2. This is a foreign thought to 2017 mapping and honestly I like your jump sequence better, but if you wanted to you could embody 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - with obtuse angles instead, something like this:
In any case, doing one or the other would work, but not doing either would still feel overdone.
This part has been pointed out once or twice before so I guess it really is "a bit" overdone Your suggestions make sense and I decided to go with 1. Reasons being: The buildup with stronger sounds like this (in my opinion) calls for a more snapping movement rather than a single wavy motion.
It's also more fun to play a jumpy pattern compared to a linear one. Following that, I nerfed and moved the jumps so the spacing now gradually increases in order with the buildup in the song. This pattern also flows much better into the stream following it compared to the previous one so that's a neat addition~
- 01:30:000 (1) - The aesthetic is a bit cramped near the end of the slider end. one thing that could help free the slider from its cramped look is to place the white anchors more towards the center of the object:
What fixing this will do is make the blankets on 01:30:511 (2,3) - more obvious and better looking, as well as you'll have an easier curve to blanket when adjusting the slider shapes of 01:30:681 (3,4) - .
Fixed, also moved the slider slightly to the right. The blanket between 01:30:000 (1,4) - could still be improved a bit so I'll work on that later
- 01:37:159 (3,4) - This is the first instance of this rhythm type being introduced. Not that this is a bad thing, but it may cause unnecessary slider end drops or even slider breaks. notice that in previous instances, the rhythm choice was to use the 01:37:414 - as a circle and give the downbeat on 01:37:500 - a clickable function. In my opinion, it makes more sense to give 01:37:500 - a clickable functionality since it's the downbeat. Anyhow, this is okay but maybe introduce this rhythm type earlier in the map?
I'm having mixed thoughts about this since, while you're right that it's usually white ticks that should be emphasized with a slider head,
there's actually a stronger kick on the blue tick 01:37:414 - that goes into the weaker sound on the downbeat so I felt like a slider fits the part better. I figured using a double instead of a 1/4 slider could work but I feel like it wouldn't give enough emphasis for the kick unless I increased the spacing in that case.
On another note, the first occurrence of this rhythm in the song happens at 00:31:875 (3,4,5) - where Hathz also emphasized the blue tick more with a 1/2 slider albeit with a different pattern and less spacing between the blue and white tick. For most of these occurences in the song, he used his variation of the pattern and I used mine, which might explain the inconsistency.
- 01:48:238 (5) - I recommend and NC
- 02:34:602 (3,1) - Fix blanket.
Fixed blanket and a weird stack I missed before
- 02:35:454 (1) - I think this element would look nicer in unison with 02:35:454 (1) - as a standard blanket, but that's purely a stylistic choice C:Can a slider blanket itself? 🤔 I'll poke you in-game about this cause I'm not sure what exactly you meant
- 03:39:545 (1,4) - Very nice overlap, good stuff.
Thanks! It wasn't easy
- 04:21:818 (1) - If you liked the slider recommendation earlier, consider applying a bit of a touch up here as well?
Fixed it (I think). I kinda suck at this blanketing business...
- 04:11:335 - The い is on this beat I think?
- 04:17:727 (1,3) - Unnecessary overlap, can easily be resolved by moving 04:16:704 (2,3,4,1) - up just a couple pixels, and maybe 04:18:409 (3,4,5) - down a couple pixels.
These two aren't my parts, I'll poke the person responsible for this
Jokes aside, I've had this map for 2 years. I don't know how much effort you've put into this after these 2 years have passed, but I seriously want you to rank this because since this maps discovery, I've regularly listened to this song outside of osu! and I've grown very fond of it, it's such an emotionally calming song. Not to mention, the SB production is amazing. Not ranking that work of art would be an injustice, honestly.
Thank you very much! I'm really glad to hear this since one of my goals was to promote songs like this with mapping. I'll try not to let all the effort go to waste~
Thanks a ton for the very detailed and helpful mod! I really appreciate it
- Yoshimaro - wrote:hi im modder c: hi c:Hathz
- 00:32:727 - Starting here, you switch to much more passive rhythm which seemed strange while playing. Compare 00:25:738 (5,6,1,2,3,4,5) - 00:36:818 (1,2,3,4,5) - . What I mean by passive is that you switch from capturing mostly every element in the music to capturing the minimum to maintain the flow. I'm not sure if it's that big of a problem, will leave it for now.
- 00:42:975 (3) - This slider is snapped wrong and doesn't show up on the AImod, weird. See below
- 00:43:678 (4) - This circle is also off snapped. Listening to it in 25%, you may want to check the wave file of the song to double check these are timed right. Additionally, if they are timed right, I highly suggest making 00:42:975 (3,4) - one combined slider, whether it be a reverse slider or not, to avoid players having trouble reading this. As far as timing goes on these, the song kinda slows down a bit and I tried my best to time it without adding more timing points. It's just snapped to 1/16.
- 00:46:363 - I think it would make more sense to let the break occur immediately following 00:43:678 (4) - because that's when there are important storyboard elements being shown. Also, there is no gap up to 00:57:272 - so it's just inconsistent. Fair enough
- 01:56:420 (3) - Maybe Ctrl + J and rotate 10 degrees, then blanket 01:56:250 (2) - ? this could be synergistic with 01:55:909 (1) - as well, since it can be blanketed by it. I think I prefer it the way it is now, also there's not much space to fiddle around there and I don't wanna break everything >w<
- 03:15:000 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - Yooooo this was really beautiful... Ayy
- 03:31:875 - OMG and a shooting star jeez I really love this storyboard lol. I'm just here to get the praise for Kawa's work~
- 04:46:363 (1) - Maybe curve the end of it a bit? stylistic preference, no functionality impact here c: Uh, wrong link? ^^
- 05:04:090 (1,1,2) - For OCD, can we make this a triangle or a 90 degree angle also wow, I'm really loving these flourishes at the end of kiai, good job on those. Fixed position of a circle slightly!
- 07:00:511 (2,3) - If you alter the shape of 07:00:511 (2) - just a bit more, you can blanket both 07:01:022 (3) - and 07:01:363 (1) - in a more synergistic way.
2017-06-06 19:24 Secretpipe: now it's irc mod time
2017-06-06 19:24 Secretpipe: First
2017-06-06 19:24 Secretpipe: 01:15:340 (2,3,4) - Consider to space more these objects
2017-06-06 19:24 Secretpipe: It feels like I'm playing 1/2 right now and it can't be misread!
2017-06-06 19:25 Secretpipe: I know u blanket'd and the (2) with 01:16:363 (1,2) - but still hehe
2017-06-06 19:25 Kawa: Oh, I thought it shouldn't be too far apart cause it's pretty quiet at that part :o
2017-06-06 19:25 Secretpipe: Just take a look at 01:10:397 (3,4) -
2017-06-06 19:25 Secretpipe: same spacing but not same rhythm on the timeline
2017-06-06 19:26 Secretpipe: just space further the 3 and the 4!
2017-06-06 19:26 Secretpipe: it'll be ok!
2017-06-06 19:26 Kawa: Hmmm
2017-06-06 19:26 Secretpipe: like http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8279879
2017-06-06 19:26 Kawa: What if I moved 3 further away and stacked 4 on top of 3? Would that work?
2017-06-06 19:26 Kawa: Oh, or that
2017-06-06 19:27 Secretpipe: that wouldn't be consistent with 01:15:340 (2) - then if you stack 01:15:681 (3) - behind 01:16:022 (4) -
2017-06-06 19:27 Kawa: I guess so
2017-06-06 19:28 Kawa: I increased the spacing now :o Similar to your example
2017-06-06 19:28 Kawa: [http://i.imgur.com/xWQL4V4.png So it's like this now]
2017-06-06 19:29 Secretpipe: 01:21:818 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - These objects feel too clustered at the moment (they are really close to each other!) Give it more space! It's still 1/2 and you can easily make stuff like http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8279896 ( the curve is optional)
2017-06-06 19:29 Secretpipe: ya nicely done
2017-06-06 19:31 Kawa: I thought I'd emphasize every second white tick better like this :o
2017-06-06 19:31 Kawa: By having spacing change from small to big repeatedly
2017-06-06 19:31 Kawa: But I guess it doesn't look all that great huh
2017-06-06 19:31 Secretpipe: It's not that big
2017-06-06 19:32 Secretpipe: I was scared at first to increase my spacing when i began
2017-06-06 19:32 Secretpipe: just try it and play it , it feels normal !
2017-06-06 19:32 Secretpipe: the problem is that it's too small for what it is ! it's the buildup part
2017-06-06 19:33 Kawa: The spacing was pretty huge here before (but mostly in 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this part) so I actually nerfed it before xD
2017-06-06 19:33 Kawa: There were like 2 or 3 mods that pointed that out
2017-06-06 19:34 Kawa: I'll increase the spacing on those sliders you mentioned
2017-06-06 19:34 Secretpipe: 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - is clean don't touch it :C
2017-06-06 19:34 Secretpipe: it's not about increasing spacing , it's about giving the sliders more space
2017-06-06 19:35 Secretpipe: in my example i curved them and i avoided the overlap and it felt pretty okay i think!
2017-06-06 19:35 Kawa: Yeah I get it~
2017-06-06 19:35 Secretpipe: tell me when you are ready for the next one xd
2017-06-06 19:36 Kawa: You can go ahead :3 I marked this part so I'll take care of it later
2017-06-06 19:36 Secretpipe: !!
2017-06-06 19:36 Secretpipe: 01:24:545 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) -
2017-06-06 19:36 Secretpipe: oops
2017-06-06 19:36 Secretpipe: i copied a whole sentence and it got deleted
2017-06-06 19:36 Kawa: Nice
2017-06-06 19:37 Secretpipe: 01:26:590 (1) - There's something big and weird here! Lemme explain , you have a biiiig smooth curve made by some circles and then you have a god damn straight slider breakin the smoothness of ur pattern
2017-06-06 19:37 Kawa: Wow, that's one rude slider
2017-06-06 19:38 Kawa: You're suggesting I curve it to fit the stream?
2017-06-06 19:38 Secretpipe: fixes : you can either rotate the slider to another direction / curve it and make it consistent with the curve / slightly edit the curve of the slider to make something different
2017-06-06 19:38 Secretpipe: (wow feels good to mod again bfknffnkf)
2017-06-06 19:38 Kawa: Welcome back I guess :3
2017-06-06 19:38 Kawa: Hmm...
2017-06-06 19:39 Kawa: [http://i.imgur.com/plgcLBk.png Would this work?]
2017-06-06 19:40 Secretpipe: it's .. decent
2017-06-06 19:40 Secretpipe: acceptable
2017-06-06 19:40 Kawa: I think following the arc from the stream with the slider shape wouldn't emphasise the strong beat on 01:26:590 - right so changing the direction like that feels better
2017-06-06 19:41 Kawa: You don't sound so sure ;D Got any better idea?
2017-06-06 19:42 Secretpipe: I mean it's okay but it can be so much better
2017-06-06 19:42 Secretpipe: and you have to put 01:26:931 (2) - in ur pattern further
2017-06-06 19:42 Secretpipe: yea i have an idea
2017-06-06 19:42 Secretpipe: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8279988
2017-06-06 19:42 Secretpipe: Something like that would better work
2017-06-06 19:43 Kawa: Dang, that looks neat
2017-06-06 19:44 Secretpipe: and so the (2) is far from 01:27:272 (1) - (there's a 1/1 gap between 01:26:931 - and 01:27:272 - )
2017-06-06 19:44 Kawa: I guess I could try changing it to that, I'll have to improve the blanketing with the other notes then
2017-06-06 19:44 Kawa: Oh yeah, that would fix the gap there too
2017-06-06 19:45 Secretpipe: not everything has to be blanket'd tho
2017-06-06 19:45 Secretpipe: haha
2017-06-06 19:45 Kawa: True, true. But I don't want any weird overlaps
2017-06-06 19:46 Secretpipe: !!
2017-06-06 19:47 Kawa: Alright, marked that too
2017-06-06 19:47 Secretpipe: okay from 01:27:272 - until
2017-06-06 19:48 Secretpipe: 01:48:920 -
2017-06-06 19:48 Secretpipe: you have a generic issue
2017-06-06 19:48 Secretpipe: in your opinion what's wrong with
2017-06-06 19:48 Secretpipe: ???1
2017-06-06 19:48 Secretpipe: 01:27:784 (2,3,4,5) -
2017-06-06 19:49 Kawa: The patterns look plain and the beat emphasis is too small/not obvious? :o
2017-06-06 19:49 Secretpipe: ding ding
2017-06-06 19:49 Secretpipe: correct
2017-06-06 19:49 Kawa: \:D/
2017-06-06 19:49 Kawa: Wait, correct on which part
2017-06-06 19:49 Secretpipe: playability feels weird and 01:28:295 (5) - aint emphasized!
2017-06-06 19:49 Secretpipe: correct on errythin
2017-06-06 19:50 Kawa: Dang
2017-06-06 19:50 Secretpipe: fix idea: stuff like that is much "enjoyable" / "natural to play" and the emphasis is here
2017-06-06 19:50 Secretpipe: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280046
2017-06-06 19:51 Kawa: Wouldn't I have to change the 01:28:636 (1) - slider to fit the flow then? Or does the triple work well enough?
2017-06-06 19:52 Kawa: But yeah, this actually does work much better
2017-06-06 19:52 Secretpipe: that triple+slider is fine
2017-06-06 19:52 Secretpipe: but same problem here http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280046
2017-06-06 19:52 Secretpipe: oops
2017-06-06 19:52 Secretpipe: same problem her e: 01:28:977 (2) -
2017-06-06 19:53 Secretpipe: it's equally distanced from 01:28:636 (1) - and 01:29:318 (3) -
2017-06-06 19:53 Secretpipe: and it has to be
2017-06-06 19:53 Secretpipe: emphasiiiiiiized
2017-06-06 19:53 Secretpipe: since it's a K I C K
2017-06-06 19:54 Secretpipe: 01:29:659 (5) - here u did it well but it's still a bit low
2017-06-06 19:54 Kawa: I'm not sure if I should be emphasizing kicks or snares more ^^; Or should they both be equal?
2017-06-06 19:54 Secretpipe: 01:31:022 (4) - that one was okay
2017-06-06 19:54 Secretpipe: kicks are importanter
2017-06-06 19:54 Kawa: Alright, I see
2017-06-06 19:55 Secretpipe: consider that there are kicks non emphasized till 01:48:920 -
2017-06-06 19:55 Secretpipe: consider to apply all the stuff i've been listin from today and then we'll see! :D
2017-06-06 19:55 Secretpipe: let's just proceed step by step
2017-06-06 19:56 Kawa: What about this part? 01:34:090 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) -
2017-06-06 19:56 Kawa: With the kick on 01:34:943 (6) - and snare on 01:35:113 (7) -
2017-06-06 19:56 Kawa: Should these be bigger too?
2017-06-06 19:56 Secretpipe: well that pattern is special , you made it for its shape
2017-06-06 19:57 Secretpipe: leave it , it's okay!
2017-06-06 19:57 Kawa: Pretty much, yeah
2017-06-06 19:57 Kawa: Okay!
2017-06-06 19:57 Kawa: One more question!
2017-06-06 19:57 Secretpipe: gogogo
2017-06-06 19:57 Kawa: I don't really like the way this looks 01:30:511 (2,3,4) - but I don't want to ruin the pattern too much. What's your opinion on it?
2017-06-06 19:58 Kawa: Especially this note 01:30:511 (2) -
2017-06-06 19:59 Secretpipe: hmm
2017-06-06 20:01 Secretpipe: got it
2017-06-06 20:02 Secretpipe: what do you think ?
2017-06-06 20:02 Secretpipe: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280147
2017-06-06 20:02 Secretpipe: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280153
2017-06-06 20:02 Secretpipe: it plays so nice here
2017-06-06 20:02 Kawa: That definitely looks a lot better o.o
2017-06-06 20:03 Secretpipe: my messages weren't send
2017-06-06 20:03 Kawa: Alright, I'll try to change it into something similar to that!
2017-06-06 20:03 Secretpipe: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280147
2017-06-06 20:03 Secretpipe: and
2017-06-06 20:03 Secretpipe: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/8280153
2017-06-06 20:04 Kawa: Yeah, I saw
2017-06-06 20:04 Kawa: They were sent, don't worry~
2017-06-06 20:04 Secretpipe: o nice
2017-06-06 20:05 Kawa: Okay, so I'll try to work on emphasizing the kicks and snares more and once that's done, I'll fix this pattern too
2017-06-06 20:05 Secretpipe: gud attitude
2017-06-06 20:05 Secretpipe: :D
2017-06-06 20:06 Kawa: And maybe I'll fix some plain jump patterns too if I come up with something better
2017-06-06 20:06 Kawa: 01:32:045 (4,5,6,7) - Especially this one
2017-06-06 20:07 Secretpipe: yea!