forum

DJ Sharpnel - Drrrrrrrr

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 5:47:01 PM

Artist: DJ Sharpnel
Title: Drrrrrrr!
Source: Durarara!!
Tags: Cyclic drrr! remix anime galvenize CracK
BPM: 179.52
Filesize: 5875kb
Play Time: 01:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. CracKed (5 stars, 323 notes)
  2. Easy (1.64 stars, 105 notes)
  3. galvenize's Another (5 stars, 379 notes)
  4. Harder (4.61 stars, 254 notes)
  5. Normal (3.92 stars, 169 notes)
Download: DJ Sharpnel - Drrrrrrr!
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

5/29 - CracKed is a loser.
5/28 - Fixed [CracKed]
5/27 - Applied Dangaard and RandomJibberish's mods.
5/26 - Applied TheMikeAG's mod.
3/27 - Applied Charles445's mod.
02/29 - Applied HakuNoKaemi's mod.
02/02 - Storyboard changes.
02/01 - Applied Colin Hou's mod. Also, [Insane] is now [Harder] and [Hard] is now [Normal].
01/31 - Applied arien666's mod.
01/28 - Storyboard changes.
01/27 - Applied Shiirn's mod.
01/20 - Added [CracKed].
01/17 - Applied kokoroanime and chamelepeace710's mod.
01/12 - It's telling me to update
01/04 - Applied Selee's mod. Fixed normal-hitclap.wav, so redownload.
01/01 - Applied Antu Villegas's mod.
12/23 - Applied Mustaash's Mod.
12/21 - Applied Leorda's Mod. Audio is now 192kbps.
12/20 - Fixed tags
12/18 - Added [Galvenize's Another]. Changed difficulty names.
12/9 - Applied ErufenRito and wmfchris's mods
10/15 - Applied Disoy's terrible mod.
10/23 - Applied Noneed's mod.
10/12 - Changed SB, added and changed some elements, and applied Odaril and Dragvon's mod.
9/25 - Redid spinner. Elements by lovhin456.
9/22 - Fixed Spinner-Cricle.png
9/21 - Applied lovhin456's mod. New Spinner elements and lighter beats.
9/18 - Applied karenying and Soaprman's mods.
9/17 - Updated Spinner-circle.png and applied Lanttu's mod.
9/14 - Uploaded
Charles445
Holy
Crap

*starrrrrrr*
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses
Thanks, Charles445
Kotone
pro
mod at tomorrow
Danzai_old
Drrr! Blow Out Louder!

This my friend, deserves a star!

Star'd.
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses

Danzai wrote:

Drrr! Blow Out Louder!

This my friend, deserves a star!

Star'd.

karenying wrote:

pro
mod at tomorrow
Thanks, both of you.
Lanttu
The storyboard is pure awesomeness<3

The lower right corner of the spinner-circle has some hard edges that don't look very nice. Try to make is rounder and softer? I love the idea, by the way<3

Only things that bother me are little circle size in [Louder], and you should use less copy&pasta during the song. 1:35min is not that long time to map. :3 In [Louder] I can see this 00:51:274 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) same combo four times and it starts to get kinda boring after the second time.

But anyways, starred~
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses

Lanttu wrote:

The storyboard is pure awesomeness<3

The lower right corner of the spinner-circle has some hard edges that don't look very nice. Try to make is rounder and softer? I love the idea, by the way<3

Only things that bother me are little circle size in [Louder], and you should use less copy&pasta during the song. 1:35min is not that long time to map. :3 In [Louder] I can see this 00:51:274 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) same combo four times and it starts to get kinda boring after the second time.

But anyways, starred~
Applied mod, and thanks for the star.

Kotone
sorry I am late D:
Blow
the timing section that at 00:47:514 don't use? delete it

then the kiai time timing section must follow Objects

01:18:660(4) - new combo
01:21:354(8) - ^
01:23:359(10) - ^
01:29:375(4) - ^
01:34:054(9)-^

Out
this is hard diff?

song setup >difficulty why they are same?;_;

the kiai time timing section must follow Objects

Louder

then too many copy...this is not good for you...
don't always copy

many slider is ugly
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses

karenying wrote:

Out
this is hard diff?

song setup >difficulty why they are same?;_;

It's Normal difficulty

Thanks for the mod.
Soaprman
General
You appear to be using skin elements from Loogiesquared's Speed Racer 2008 beatmap. Do you have permission? If so, state this in your opening post. If not, get permission before continuing to use them. Same goes for any other skin elements you might have borrowed.

Your clap hitsound is louder on the left speaker than it is on the right. Not terribly noticeable while playing, but something I noticed while looking in the editor.

Speaking of hitsounds, they are way too loud on the loud parts. Soften them some to make the music more audible.

Blow
This was mapped pretty well. Nothing specific to comment on here, really. The large amount of bouncing sliders might be inappropriate for easy difficulty? I'm not sure. It's probably fine.

Out
You said in your last post that this is meant to be a normal diff, so I'll mod under that assumption.

In general, this is mapped too densely for me to think of it as a normal. I'll let you make of this what you want. I do have some specific things that need to be fixed though:

00:35:398 (1) - the zigzag here... definitely not normal difficulty. Map this differently.

01:04:977 (1) - un-jump the spacing here. it's not appropriate for normal. Also do three four-point sliders instead of four three-point sliders.

01:10:324 (1) - reduce spacing and don't use all these sharp corners.
01:12:998 (2) - same goes here with the zigzag.

Louder
Going to second karenying's comment that there's a lot of copy-paste going on in a rather short map here. Consider remapping parts of it.

00:40:746 (1,2) - hiding a slider endpoint with a repeat on it underneath another slider like this... not sure this is rankable. Might want to rearrange them just in case.
00:48:099 (1,1) - same here.
00:58:794 (1,1) - same here.
01:20:184 (1,1) - same here.
01:30:879 (1,1) - same here. look at these as opportunities to vary up your mapping a bit. :)

00:53:279 (1,2) - this sounds kind of weird. Maybe just make this a single slider without bouncing shenanigans? This is really a suggestion, it's fine as it is if you like it.

01:04:977 (1,2,3,4) - same as in Out... three sliders instead of four makes more sense.

Closing comments

The maps here need a lot of work but you've got a decent foundation and something really good could come out of this. If you ever want me to take a second look at this map in the future, let me know. I might not get to immeidately (see: the amount of time between your post in my queue and this post I'm making) but I will when I can.
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses

Soaprman wrote:

General
You appear to be using skin elements from Loogiesquared's Speed Racer 2008 beatmap. Do you have permission? If so, state this in your opening post. If not, get permission before continuing to use them. Same goes for any other skin elements you might have borrowed.
Actually, it's from this skin.

Soaprman wrote:

Out
You said in your last post that this is meant to be a normal diff, so I'll mod under that assumption.

In general, this is mapped too densely for me to think of it as a normal. I'll let you make of this what you want. I do have some specific things that need to be fixed though:

00:35:398 (1) - the zigzag here... definitely not normal difficulty. Map this differently. Fixed. Added some sliders.

01:04:977 (1) - un-jump the spacing here. it's not appropriate for normal. Also do three four-point sliders instead of four three-point sliders. Fixed.

01:10:324 (1) - reduce spacing and don't use all these sharp corners. Fixed.

01:12:998 (2) - same goes here with the zigzag. Fixed.
Applied.

Soaprman wrote:

Louder
Going to second karenying's comment that there's a lot of copy-paste going on in a rather short map here. Consider remapping parts of it.

00:40:746 (1,2) - hiding a slider endpoint with a repeat on it underneath another slider like this... not sure this is rankable. Might want to rearrange them just in case. They are now side-by-side.
00:48:099 (1,1) - same here. They are now side-by-side.
00:58:794 (1,1) - same here. They are now side-by-side.
01:20:184 (1,1) - same here. They are now side-by-side.
01:30:879 (1,1) - same here. look at these as opportunities to vary up your mapping a bit. :)

00:53:279 (1,2) - this sounds kind of weird. Maybe just make this a single slider without bouncing shenanigans? This is really a suggestion, it's fine as it is if you like it. Keeping it, but I see what you mean.

01:04:977 (1,2,3,4) - same as in Out... three sliders instead of four makes more sense. Keeping it, but I see what you mean.
Applied.

Thanks for the mod!
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses
For my sig.
Firo Prochainezo
Fuck.

Awesome song, awesome anime, awesome SB.

You, my friend, deserve a star.
lovhin456
Hi ~

General;
- Meh, uhhm, border of the slider would look better with black, add this down the last combo color
SliderBorder : 0,0,0
- Your mp3 is of 320, you need a 256 or 128 mp3 or something that is not 320, here, take this one but remember offset might change
http://www.mediafire.com/?adg43b11vypm442

Skin;
- Spinner-BG and spinner approach circle ... red ... ?? Why ?? I don't see any red on the BG, doesn't fit imo
- Your hitcircle is so dark, that it makes the colors of the circle on the game all ... dark when in the BG they are very bright
- Probably a good idea to add a spinner-clear, spinner-osu and spinner-spin

Blow;
- 01:04:977 >> remove whistle, add finish
- 01:08:152 (1,3) >> add whistle
- 01:10:324 >> add finish
- You can probably create a pattern with claps
- 1st kiai time ends here: 01:04:643
- 2nd kiai time ends here: 01:36:728

Out;
- I strongly believe those custom hitsounds don't fit at all, for me they sound horrible :<
- Better get a hitsound expert for this orz
- Wooops ~ Check kiai time, make it start and end on a note :<

Louder;
- Still get someone to check your hitsounds
- Uhmm, well paced notes on the timeline :>
- Curve some sliders better
- 00:26:541 >> unrankable spinner, auto must be able to do a bonus of 2000

* Star !! :3
Natteke
dnb
dNextGen
Lol out Lourder
Topic Starter
LesTrucsRoses

lovhin456 wrote:

Hi ~

General;
- Meh, uhhm, border of the slider would look better with black, add this down the last combo color Fixed.
SliderBorder : 0,0,0
- Your mp3 is of 320, you need a 256 or 128 mp3 or something that is not 320, here, take this one but remember offset might change
http://www.mediafire.com/?adg43b11vypm442 I'm keeping my 320 unless it's a problem with filesize in the future. I also have a high-quality 525kbps .ogg. Maybe that?

Skin;
- Spinner-BG and spinner approach circle ... red ... ?? Why ?? I don't see any red on the BG, doesn't fit imo Fixed. It's now... orangish. (Included)
- Your hitcircle is so dark, that it makes the colors of the circle on the game all ... dark when in the BG they are very bright Fixed. It's lighter.
- Probably a good idea to add a spinner-clear, spinner-osu and spinner-spin I knew I forgot something. Added.

Blow;
- 01:04:977 >> remove whistle, add finish Fixed
- 01:08:152 (1,3) >> add whistle Fixed
- 01:10:324 >> add finish Fixed
- You can probably create a pattern with claps
- 1st kiai time ends here: 01:04:643 Fixed
- 2nd kiai time ends here: 01:36:728 Fixed

Out;
- I strongly believe those custom hitsounds don't fit at all, for me they sound horrible :<
- Better get a hitsound expert for this orz
- Wooops ~ Check kiai time, make it start and end on a note :< Fixed

Louder;
- Still get someone to check your hitsounds
- Uhmm, well paced notes on the timeline :>
- Curve some sliders better
- 00:26:541 >> unrankable spinner, auto must be able to do a bonus of 2000 Removed spinner

* Star !! :3

THANKS FOR THE MOD!

Verdisphena
Nice song, i dont like the spinner ;<
La Cataline
star for the artwork
but the spinner is horrible...
show more