Why is There No 7K Being Ranked?

posted
Total Posts
116
show more
Hestia-
holy greentext
Kamikaze

DivinityGate wrote:

I wonder how a 7k version of AiAe would look, lol.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/240209

Also Realization poem by John from #greentext
#united
Bobbias

-Kamikaze- wrote:

DivinityGate wrote:

I wonder how a 7k version of AiAe would look, lol.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/240209
Ninja'd lol. I was thinking the same thing.
Harbyter

Bobbias wrote:

DivinityGate, you could learn to 7k if you really wanted. Spend one week playing only 7k for your entire osu!mania session and see how quickly you improve.

7k actually isn't a lot harder to learn than 4k is when you start out, contrary to popular belief. A very good part of why 7k feels harder is because most people play 4k first. By playing 4k first you only learn to handle 4 columns. Trying to learn 7k after 4k becomes much harder because now you've trained your brain to play 4k and you're trying to use your 4k skills to play 7k, which takes your brain a while to figure out how to adapt. On top of that, since you're aware of how much worse your 7k is than your 4k, 7k feels less fun because you are used to seeing better scores.

You can't compare mapping 7k to mapping 4k. The things you need to pay attention to in your patterns are completely different. The base theory of mapping remains the same (layering is important in both 4k and 7k, etc.) but the kinds of patterns and issues that involve those patterns are completely different. I don't think either is harder than the other when it comes down to creating truly good maps. I think people generally don't understand just what the difference between a 'good' and 'bad' maps is.

IN2k6's 7k lunatic map is absolutely terrible. To someone who can't play it, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it actually is. The patterns are much harder than they look, and it just flat out feel bad to play.

Zenx wrote:

back to topic :

>le makes hard map in 7k

>le try to rank a map

>Realizes almost half the community only 4ks
>Realizes 50% of the 7k community can't speak english well
>Realizes 90% the 7k community can't testplay your map cause it's too hard
>Realizes a certain group of people can't map hard 7k without it having 0 playability
Sorry, if the map looks good, it doesn't mean that it plays well
>Realizes you have to have playability to rank something
>> OR DO YOU!?!?!?!
>Realizes almost all BNs are not blocko tier to testplay et maps
>>Realizes there is BN score w/e that is
>Realizes there are QATs
>>Realizes subjective opinion comes into play
>Realizes there is ranking criteria
>Realizes a large portion of maps that the community enjoys playing cannot be ranked
>>Realizes dumps are not rankable
>>>Realizes some people like to bash down your map by saying over(INSERT VSRG PATTERN HERE)
>>>>Realizes that is DQ-able
>>>>>Realizes Realizes
>Realizes you can make 10 more maps within the timeframe of ranking a map
>Realizes QATs are also not blocko tier
>Realizes there are little mania modders
>Realizes your map is over 3:00 drain time
>Realizes some modding queues only accept <3:00 drain time
>Realizes some modding queues actually accept >3:00 drain time
>>Realizes they only accept 4k
>Realizes your map is over 6*
>Realizes most modding queues can only mod effectively until 5*s
>Realizes some modding queues actually accept >6*
>>Realizes they are ctb queues
>Realizes (probably) the only thing that will benefit you for the long run in ranking maps is pending slots
>Realizes you can make map packs
>Realizes you're too much of a lazy person to rank hard maps

>stop forcing yourself on ranking maps
>pls enjoy game (and mapping)


hAshtAg r u r u c h i
++++++++100
ovnz
I don't even understand the point of rules and templates lol in modding queues except doing the same useless thing as everybody is already doing and feeling like you are a pro, but wait you cannot be a pro cause it's not and it will never be your job. I mean if you don't want to mod a map then don't mod it.
Hinpoppo

-Kamikaze- wrote:

DivinityGate wrote:

I wonder how a 7k version of AiAe would look, lol.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/240209

Also Realization poem by John from #greentext
#united
Disgusting.
ovnz

DivinityGate wrote:

Disgusting.
lol what you can't even play it how can you say this
Harbyter

DivinityGate wrote:

Disgusting.
t/249332 try this then ,the lv31
-Maus-
Do you really think that you can just rate a keymode by the maps' appearance? xDD
Kamikaze

DivinityGate wrote:

Disgusting.
liek ur faec XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Solara

Transformau5 wrote:

Do you really think that you can just rate a keymode by the maps' appearance? xDD
inb4 Kamui 4key

Seriously though, this is meant towards Divinity: What? How do you know what it'd be like?
Hinpoppo

_Hibiki_ wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

Do you really think that you can just rate a keymode by the maps' appearance? xDD
inb4 Kamui 4key

Seriously though, this is meant towards Divinity: What? How do you know what it'd be like?
I don't.

I say it's disgusting cause anyone who can play this is Cthulhu incarnate.
-Maus-
Cthulhu is love, Cthulhu is life

and it's not like you rate 7k maps while you aren't even a 7k player m8
Hinpoppo

Transformau5 wrote:

Cthulhu is love, Cthulhu is life

and it's not like you rate 7k maps while you aren't even a 7k player m8
Overjoy maps are borderline impossible.
Conclusion: Must be ET.

\:D/
Kamikaze
if aiae is considered as disgusting, my air raid should make you puke immdiately ayy lmao
link for the oblivious ones
Hinpoppo

-Kamikaze- wrote:

if aiae is considered as disgusting, my air raid should make you puke immdiately ayy lmao
link for the oblivious ones
*Pukes*

Is this even possible?

4k Pearl Harbor and 7k Nuclear Attack lol..
Kamikaze
heh
Bobbias
If anyone asks me if your Air Raid diff should be ranked, I will say yes, because THAT's how you separate the ETs from the earthlings. Want #1 rank to mean something? Let us rank shit like this. and ban multiacc/acc sharing players and hackers
Hinpoppo

Bobbias wrote:

If anyone asks me if your Air Raid diff should be ranked, I will say yes, because THAT's how you separate the ETs from the earthlings. Want #1 rank to mean something? Let us rank shit like this. and ban multiacc/acc sharing players and hackers
Not pointing fingers :) although I respect the dedication one can have to rake in a ton of ss.

Also, what about 4k? :(
Star rating is brokeded.
Evening

Bobbias wrote:

If anyone asks me if your Air Raid diff should be ranked, I will say yes, because THAT's how you separate the ETs from the earthlings. Want #1 rank to mean something? Let us rank shit like this. and ban multiacc/acc sharing players and hackers
this....
Is actually a pretty good point


HMMMMMMMM
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply