forum

Clans - A detailed suggestion.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +11,206
show more
Shohei Ohtani
In every game, there's a kinda newbie clan (ie. Taiko Beginner Team) that doesn't actually do anything, but just makes it so newer people can go "Make me a sandwhich, I'm in a cool clan."
Nakata Yuji

qlum wrote:

rockit wrote:

I think clan's in osu! (Taiko, CtB) are good coz------------------>more help for newcomer&beginners; more activity; straight matches are funny!

so...why not?
I never heard any clan helping the newbies in any game, they mostly lough at them.
You've been playing the wrong games brah
the last 3 mmo's i've played have
Ekaru
I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon games.

We're talking MapleStory here. Yes, those kinds of clans are in MapleStory. Also, DFO and other games that are known to have stupidity everywhere (DFO is a fun game BTW).

In other words, I agree with Nakata here. There are plenty of clans/guilds that help newer players in many MMOs. osu! has some helpful people on it so there would most likely be some of those here too if it was implemented.
qlum

Ekaru wrote:

I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon games.

We're talking MapleStory here. Yes, those kinds of clans are in MapleStory. Also, DFO and other games that are known to have stupidity everywhere (DFO is a fun game BTW).

In other words, I agree with Nakata here. There are plenty of clans/guilds that help newer players in many MMOs. osu! has some helpful people on it so there would most likely be some of those here too if it was implemented.
actually I wasn't talking about mmo's. I don't play mmo's because I hate grinding.
Musty
nice idea
My MultiGamingClan purpose too
second_wave
Bump

.... for justice.
lkjl23
Wishy
Anyone read this?
Accelerator-kun
I think clans are a great idea. We don't need new forum sections (but it would be great). It's enough to talk via Skype, Steam, Xfire, TS, etc...
Clan war in Team VS mode would be great.
Mukku

NeverDie wrote:

To think such a great idea that was suggested over a year ago has no sign of being implemented till this day is very saddening.
^

glad theres a potent necromancer to bring this back up!
zertap
I very much approve of this! Great idea, as I have too been hoping for user made groups (like bats, devs, mats etc.) for group stats (a little like bf3 platoons).
Stefan

Ekaru wrote:

I've joined clans that have helped newcomers in freaking Nexon
I stopped to read at this point.
MMO =/= MMORPG
Cho_old
So has there been any word on whether this is even being considered ?
Accelerator-kun
Support. If we can already do a team VS, why we can't use it for clan matches?
Archangel Tirael
I think that the word "clan" is
more suitable for MMORPG,
but not for rhythm game. I
think that for osu! would be
more suitable name "Team"
or "Crew" such as DMT.
vipto
Great idea!! Gogo peppey!

Here, have bump :3
SuzumiyaBR
Good idea

Clan = All Countrys

example : Clan A = Brazil , Japan , Korean , Indonesian ,etc

What's wrong Championships osu?
Country X has only 10 players, where 3 are good>>>>result = bad

Championships Clan ?
Clan A ( members of Brazil , Japan , Korean,etc ) VS Clan B ( indonesia , norway, saudi arabia,etc )

OWWWWW this is really Great idea

The championships will be even more disputed
Sakura
inb4 World War III to decide who gets Cookiezi or White Wolf.
Yarissa
i think it's an okay idea, since it promotes a sense of community. i'd vote if i had stars
Ame-Michi
oh know, i click it! i don't want it~
SuzumiyaBR
My sugestion

Ingame Today

Future with Clan

Clan Pro ( Name of Clan ) + logo + Clan Pro --- 19/100 ( 100 online each clan or 1000 )
+++++ Competitive game
Roflercoaster
I really love that idea of having teams/clans or whatever.
I'm not necessarily a fan of clanwars, but the thing i really appreciate about this idea is
that you could form groups with your friends and just organize games with others in a completely new dimension
that would be really funny i think.

the other point is that it could be helpful for new players if they had the possibility to play with more experiences players in their team
(Let's be optimist and imagine their won't be any bad comments towards new players :))

for the clantags or whatever we can call it. maybe it can be displayed on the left side of the userpage?
since this part can be seen ingame the problem where to put it would be solved..........

Anyway i support this idea :)
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Looking at this two years after I suggested it I should add that my stance on it has slightly changed. I still support the idea of course, but it's moved from the sake of having tags, looking cool, and essentially grouping up to have the "best players ever" to something along the lines of encouraging users to engage with each other.

I love the enthusiasm from other people, which is great. A lot more here then I expected.

I'd edit the original post, but if this was to be considered for future implementation, then I'd rather have it looked at from the original and work on it with suggestions from others.

I'm for the name "Squads". Not to mention, the original osu! idea was for a male cheering squad exerting their ki to people to help better themselves, so essentially encouraging group interaction. This is also another thing as they're found at sports games, so a "Squad on Squad" situation would be presented as well. Although, the way the community is at the moment, compared to back then when I did suggest it, well... Let's just say it's taken a turn for the worse.

I'd love to see this happen though, I seriously do.
SuzumiyaBR
Example of osu with Clan ^

Scroll bar on the right side to see all clan members
peppy
I started work on a system that will address the "clans" request, but called it teams. I haven't yet completed or worked on it in over half a year, but it does exist :P.
Roflercoaster

peppy wrote:

I started work on a system that will address the "clans" request, but called it teams. I haven't yet completed or worked on it in over half a year, but it does exist :P.
yey thanks peppy. you made my sunday :)
I can't wait to see this :D
Topic Starter
[Sean]

peppy wrote:

Well I'll be damned... I didn't think you'd have started work on something similar. That's quite intriguing. We'll have to see where it goes from here. I'll spend some time tomorrow re-formatting the original post and including that. Seems this has gained 20 stars overnight.
peppy
I hope to make it similar to niconico communities, which encourage communities to grow in order to unlock cool stuff. Also it will be used for potential multiplayer matching/tourneys, and who knows what else :P.
Liut
amazing.
Doodley
I really really like the idea of teams over clans. It feels like it'll push collaborations into osu! and have movements towards ranking and mapping more songs from specific genres. The word "clans" gives off the idea of an MMORPG to me.
kindut
I like this idea! :)
But for me names like [CLAN NAME HERE]kindut would be a bit ugly to me. if the [CLAN NAME HERE]kindut thingy would be in only multiplayer clan vs. that would be ok.
:)

Hope it gets added to osu!
Vlad-
+1
theowest
Viking clan. Scandinavians only.

lol
SuzumiyaBR

theowest wrote:

Viking clan. Scandinavians only.

lol
Good Lucky ^^
Topic Starter
[Sean]
I re-did the first post. It's more of a "Why" rather then a "How" now, since peppy is already working on it.
Reyden
Really nice idea I think :)
SnowReborn
WOW this would be fun! very nice idea, i use to think about this but didn't really put a thread for the request, it surely would make multiplayer much more fun and give us some chance to hook up some friends all that as well as benefits new players having a good start(pros carry new players), also suggest support clan logo, just like avatars, every clan should have their own logo. support + 1
SkyDevil
daaamnnn why did i gave away my last star ;A;
Kuro
I would certainly love and play osu! more often if it was more competitive and this seems to be the closest thing to it
I love competing against others in multiplayer (but no one's ever playing taiko during the day in my time zone). Having teams competing against each other could be interesting...
~Support, if only i had stars left... Oh well, settle for a bump...
benguin
I just wanted to open one thing for discussion.Is the system going to allow users to join more than one team if they want to or will this be something that's left to the discretion of the teams' administrators?
show more