forum

Winter 2015 Anime Season First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Thank you Bliss for saying something about it

Like in the past first impression threads for a given anime season, you post here for anime you have watched what your initial view is on the first episode or first couple episodes.

List of Winter 2015 Anime

Link to the doc is here. blissfulyoshi, deadbeat and I will be the only ones able to edit the doc.

COLOUR CODE
Green for liked
Blue for neutral
Red for disliked
Lanturn
Well I watched the Tales of Zestiria special. I'm really looking forward to getting the game when it comes out in North America sometime soon..

That's about all I saw so far.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

Lanturn wrote:

Well I watched the Tales of Zestiria special. I'm really looking forward to getting the game when it comes out in North America sometime soon..

That's about all I saw so far.
I would have added ToZ to the list, but technically it aired on the 30th or 31st of December so it's classified in the fall season. ToZ was beautiful and amazing tho. ufotable also did animation for the Fate/Stay Night: UBW anime. The game for ToZ hasn't even been released in Japan yet but it's already licensed for US release. There are rumors it's gonna be coming to Steam.
blissfulyoshi
Personally, I thought the ToZ teaser was a let down, but I don't really care much since I preordered the jp version of the game already.

Tales of Zestiria: ~Dawn of the Shephard~:
This is pretty much ToV First Strike all over again, with a short prequal to the game in anime form. With that said, the climax of this short felt fairly rushed and meant just to tease you. Since I already preordered the game, I just accepted it, but if you are looking for a half decent plot, don't look here. In addition, this is definitely not Ufotable's best work. At best the fights are just okay. In short, play if you are interested in the game, or just ignore it.

Absolute Duo:
(Watched the raws) To be honest, I thought this ep would be far worse, but it was bearable besides all the transformation/cut ins for all the main characters... They seemed to stay true to the plot and are not speeding through this adaptation (only 2 chapters out of 7 for ep 1), and they executed most of the jokes decently. Besides that, everything else was mediocre, including the lackluster action scenes, so I'll probalby drop it but will give it a bit more time.
deadbeat

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

and deadbeat too if he comes along
i guess i can try help :/
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

deadbeat wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

and deadbeat too if he comes along
i guess i can try help :/
I already gave you access to the doc so you're good to go :U
blissfulyoshi
Oh well, thread is going to be sort of dead for at least a few more hours. No real english subs for Absolute Duo, and the next show is not for 13 hours. On another note, Kyonko, can you add the anicharts link to the op, since I'm fairly sure someone will ask about it later on.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Oh well, thread is going to be sort of dead for at least a few more hours. No real english subs for Absolute Duo, and the next show is not for 13 hours. On another note, Kyonko, can you add the anicharts link to the op, since I'm fairly sure someone will ask about it later on.
Added a link to anicharts. I do go off of anicharts for listing the series in the doc, so it might be useful to know what is and isn't on the doc.

And I started the thread early so we don't end up with a disaster of something like what happened with the beginning of the Summer 2014 anime. I don't know what purple and yellow mean.
blissfulyoshi
No worries about starting it early, I used to create it after 1 show aired. I just wanted to let deadbeat know there was no rush since updates won't be for a while (at least until Absolute Duo is subbed). I'll probably rewatch after that.
deadbeat
you know i'm only helping with this because you asked right? i didn't really have intentions on doing this. it's not like i've really followed new animes seasons for years now :p
Mogsy
Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ (Kamisama Kiss season 2) - We've got more of the same for the Akitaro Daichi supernatural comedy-romance fare. It has cute moments, the comedy is loud and kinda lame (with the same repeated otokonoko joke repeated ad nauseum, eugh), and it's just a nice watch to unwind with. Nothing spectacular, it's just nice.
blissfulyoshi
Yurikuma Arashi:
Shaft styles+ Silver Link styles + Penguindrum + Yuri = ????, basically what we have here. All I can say is that shock factor from some of the things that happen, will be great, and if you are not ready for ridiculous amounts of yuri, please don't watch it. Besides that, I wish the art was better at parts, some of it was stylistic, but other parts needed more detail. Also, semi-depressed that the character Ogura Yui plays dies, admittedly the character was outside what she normallly played.
AnotherEpicName
tsukimonogatari
its like the 6th part of the monogatari series, need I say more?
headtilting all over shaft quality
good as usual
deadbeat
i can't see tsukimonogatari on anichart :(
blissfulyoshi
Like ToZ, Tsukimonogatari aired on Dec 31st, so it counted more as a Fall 2014 show.
AnotherEpicName

deadbeat wrote:

i can't see tsukimonogatari on anichart :(
http://haruhichan.com/static/images/cha ... er2015.jpg
saw it here, gotta zoom in on that chart tho xD
its down the specials
blissfulyoshi
I'll let someone else judge what to do about Tsukimonogatari

Kamisama Kiss 2:
I never was interested in first season, and 2nd season doesn't do anything to change that. I laughed like twice through the entire ep, but the amount of times I felt bored/depressed at low budget animations and a a mediocre plot line made the episode a lackluster watch.
Jindujun93
Yuri Kuma Arashi:
This was... pretty weird so far. I mean, really, what have I been watching just now? I admit that I'm not familiar with Ikuhara's previous works, so it might be that I'm missing something there. I'm not really sure whether I like or dislike it, so far. Has some gorgeous backgrounds, though.

Junketsu no Maria:
I-fell-asleep-during-the-first-episode/10
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
I take seasons in 3 month intervals. January 1st starts the Winter season. Tsukimonogatari aired before then at the end of December, therefore not added. I go off of what series are on Anichart for this season. If it aired before January 1st, it will not be added.
AnotherEpicName
absolute duo
I feel like I've seen shows like this a hundred times before
but then again there's a reason why I've seen this so many times
I'ld be lying to myself if I said I didn't like this kinda shit
show more