1. osu!community
  2. osu!
  3. Development
posted
Thanks so much for all of your effort!!!
posted
How long will you sell these? Should I buy one now because it will be my only chance? Cause I won't be able to afford a Tatacon for quite a while.
posted

hiandbye wrote:

How long will you sell these? Should I buy one now because it will be my only chance? Cause I won't be able to afford a Tatacon for quite a while.
I will sell these for as long as possible! If I disappear/get abducted by aliens/die, anyone with enough funds can make batches themselves from the files on GitHub :)

There will be supply delays early on as I work out what the demand is like, but these should be alleviated by the second or third batch :)
posted
hey its me again i was just wondering if you got them in again. its been a while since i have talked to you so i just wanted to check up on their status
posted

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

hey its me again i was just wondering if you got them in again. its been a while since i have talked to you so i just wanted to check up on their status
Still waiting on them to ship. Chinese New Year slowed things down somewhat, combined with the extended delay in sourcing parts.
posted

montymintypie wrote:

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

Still waiting on them to ship. Chinese New Year slowed things down somewhat, combined with the extended delay in sourcing parts.
Dang, they havent even shipped yet? so many delays
posted
Ahh this is the converter of my dreams. 100% Confirmed for one once they get in! :D:D
posted
Great news! They've finally shipped to me! Expect them to be here in 2 weeks :)
posted
Yussssssssss finally
posted
Cant wait for them
posted
Still waiting for the parcel, but while I wait, I got hard numbers on latency.

Using my scope, I had 1 probe connected to a piezo mic, and another to the LED of the converter. This LED updates at 1KHz, the same rate as the USB update rate.

I then smacked the drum 50 times, and recorded the delay between the moment the piezo started to respond, and when the converter registered a hit. An example measurement:

After 50 hits, here are the results:
Average: 1.802ms
Median: 1.77ms
Std Deviation: 0.44454517
Min: 1.1ms
Max: 2.78ms

Rounding the max value up, I can confidently say that there is an absolute worst case 3ms lag. And average lag of 1.8ms. This is imperceptible. Lagfree = confirmed!
posted
Sounds good.
posted
I've been prototyping a case.

This is an early prototype so the case doesn't fit properly and looks bad, but would there be interest? It would be 3-5 USD delivered, or cheaper if bundled with the converter. The source is also open so if you own a 3D printer you can make it yourself.

Pictures inside the spoilerbox...
posted
I'd like a case when I buy one yeah, would be nice.
posted
I'm happy that I was able to help you and give you the thought of doing cases for them. Given any thought to making them in different colors?
posted

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

Given any thought to making them in different colors?
Any colour, so long as it's black...

I'll see if I can do colour choice. No confirmation yet.
posted

montymintypie wrote:

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

Given any thought to making them in different colors?
Any colour, so long as it's black...

I'll see if I can do colour choice. No confirmation yet.
Haha ok
posted
Can't wait till I can get my hands on this. Got a taiko game for Wii for Christmas two years back and couldn't play it since the game is region locked.
posted

Obama Taichou wrote:

Can't wait till I can get my hands on this. Got a taiko game for Wii for Christmas two years back and couldn't play it since the game is region locked.
Lol I hate region locked stuff.
posted

AnimeGod2205 wrote:

Obama Taichou wrote:

Lol i hate region locked stuff
yes sir