I love using the tatacon, it's loads of fun! What's not so fun is the 50ms lag from Bluetooth, keeping my Wiimote around, paired, charged... Introducing the Tatacon to USB adapter!
- 1KHz update rate. Delay is completely imperceptible. Tested here.
- Sweet LEDs (can be turned off)
- Responds so fast you can bounce your sticks and get multi hits. Can be turned off with Debounce feature.
- Tested working on official, Hori and knockoff controllers
- Windows, Linux, Mac compatible +cross platform Chrome app for configuration
- Config app allows future firmware updates to add more features
- No drivers required!
- Open source
Price is $25USD shipped anywhere.
So I wasted a day to make this:
USB on one end, tatacon on the other!
Firmware is unwritten but I've done HID + I2C before, so should be fairly easy. I just wonder if there is any want for something like this from the community? I have no idea how many people use the tatacon :S Cost would be looking about $20 if my calculations are correct.
Also I have no idea if this should go here or the taiko forum, so feel free to move it if need be...