forum

Poll 4: Map/Song Preference

posted
Total Posts

How does the song choice affect your opinion of a map?

I mainly play beatmaps of songs that I know and like.
13.45%
I generally don't mind playing unfamiliar songs if the music is bearable.
63.87%
I play every map anyway! It's all about the hitcircles!
22.69%
Total votes: 119
Polling ended
Topic Starter
peppy
I'm quite intrigued about how people react to beatmaps of songs they are not familiar with before playing. Let's assume the maps we are talking about in context of this question are of very high quality, and the only variable is how familiar the song is to you as a player.
gp0_old
Firsted, and then...

You know it's Music + Hitnotes.
Nakata Yuji
To be honest, I personally won't play songs that turn me off upon preview. Except Spinsmith.
Doomsday
I honestly dont mind the song, wether its one of my favourite songs or one of my most hated songs. As long as the map is good, Its all good
Shohei Ohtani
I generally play all ranked songs unless it's anything by The Lonely Island vulgar or such.
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Repflez
I'ts all about playing, but everyone have their own preferences about maps and all.
DeathxShinigami
Gotta like them all, gotta beat them all. So I chose 3rd option <3
Randy96
I voted one, but I think it should be know or like. Because there are lots of songs I don't know, but I play them because they sound good.
Xgor
I voted option 2 but when i was new i only downloaded songs/game series i knew but you can find great song that i never heard of :)

I have downloaded songs that i didn't care about for a while when I grinded CTB......
RandomJibberish
I'll download a map if I like (Or in many cases just know) the song, and I'll keep playing it if it's a good map. So it depends on both, although it does ultimately go down to the song.
Andrea
3rd option.

I'll like to play every map and it's better because I can extend my music taste <3
Gabi
i only play maps i like. when it comes to music, i love almost all kind of music. when i first started playing osu! i wasn't really familiar to japanese music, but now i think it's nice. the more you listen to it, the more you learn to like it.

however shit like this i will never like nor play http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5823 (The real BGM is awesome though ^^)
ShaggoN
I'm somewhere between second and third option. I chose third one, cause there are some beatmaps that i play until i get required score (then i don't care about the song).
Skyripper
I play to hear new music and have fun (doesn't matter if the beatmap sucks).
Randy96
Hah, I kind of regret choosing one. I see two applies to me now.

So you could say I'm a two I guess.
Derekku
3rd option because I like just about any kind of music. There are VERY few songs that I have disliked while playing osu!. However, I am always more excited about playing new maps that are songs I am familiar with (as I'm sure everyone is).
CaptainFlameGuy
I only download beatmaps of songs that sound cool in the preview thing, or if I know them already.

awp

guess it explains my playcount to a degree.

I'd say option 2 as far as modding goes. Strongly prefer to mod genres/bands I'm familiar with and enjoy, but occasionally go otherwise.
NotShinta

Of course, songs I know I download right away. I lean towards 3 in that I download songs I don't like, sometimes hate, just because I'm bored and feel like seeing my rank increasing.
show more