good map, gl on rank
Why would I even... Blahbla, this is all my opinion, blahbla,
- 00:10:224 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - Two things about this:
a) the NCs. The song doesn't really feature such a distinct 2-beat-goruping that would encourage having an NC on every second beat here. It really just feels like dividing the 2 measures would be enough
b) 00:12:424 (2) - weird shit happening here, because on this red tick the guitar pitch gets raised, it doesn't happen on the downbeat as you would expect it, so actually I'd that to be accentuated in the map in some way. (higher spacing, sharper angle, w/e) |
^removed two NCs in the early part but kept the 2-beat-grouping later on since this does feel most dominant to me as I'm going with the drums here; generally I find them to have the stronger mainlayering here rather than the guitar - sure, the guitar is notable, very much so actually, but it's more of an after-echoing effect while what you hear and focus on at first are drums. at least that's the case for me, anyways
- 00:16:624 (1,2,3,4) - Since the map in general is mainly following vocals and guitars, on this first strong sound that's kind of introducing the map's main rhythms, I'd go for a slider on the vocals instead of a circle + triple on the drums, it just seems more fitting to go with the main layers here and then start with the more complex stuff at like 00:24:624 - when the drums get heavier and more noticeable | tbh, I really like the whole big slider into spinner into snapped single into tripple very much because it draws a lot of attention to the shift in song section; 00:21:424 (1,2,3,4,5) - you see, doing it again here as that's a similar form of re-buildup again
- 00:23:624 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - tbh I dont get this whatsoever, like, the strong BUM BUM drums start 00:23:824 - here but you just kept the same guitar-based stuff, and then you go for 1/4 sliders? I'd want to have the strong drums that start on 00:23:824 - much more emphasized, if needed i'd even go as far as saying to map the previous guitar patterns using 1/4 sliders, then transition into circles when the drums kick in, they're just that strong
(why did you do sliders on them anyway, practically ignoring every second beat) | not very fond of putting the guitar into the background here, but changed the first slider into two circles because the drums are actually very foregroundish there; the latter two are sort of.. losing the tension for me, if that makes sense, so I'll keep it at that as it relaxes the playing speed and gives another sharp snap to the next combo
- 00:27:824 (1) - idk this just seems real weak and lowly scaled, considering how the vocalist like, jumps 3 octaves up.. This doesn't have any kind of patterning going on, either, no sharp, snappy angles, no higher spacing, it's mapped exactly like the rest (tbh i feel like a lot of the map could have some better spacing-oriented emphasis but welp) | gave it a sharper angle from 7 and adjusted spacing (7->1 1.4x, 1->2 1.4x, 2->3 1.0x)
- 00:32:124 - idk, add circle? vocals are kind of on this tick here, or feel that way | neh, there's nothing here.. and I want to keep the general rhythm a bit more focussed on the drums for those parts, anyways (for the most part)
- 00:35:024 (7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - this could just be improved visually, and maybe stick to the sliders on the drumclaps? would feel a bit more epic imo | made it a bit more smooth but I prefer the constant 1/4 here
- 00:35:824 - slider for guitar emphasis? | drumfocussed section; also the backwards snapmovement (the streaming ending with a turn to the upper right) into the stack goes veeeeeeery well with what I want here, so keeping that
- 00:39:024 (1,2,3) - personal preferation right here: don't (auto)stack below a slidertail please. If you have to do a stack, at least do it manually so it a) doesnt fuck your spacing and b) won't kill any kind of modplays (i know you dont care about modplays because blabla map is mapped for nomod bleble but if it doesn't harm your map you might as well do it, no?) | it actually works how it's supposed to with sliderends
- 00:39:024 (1) - another point where I'd like too see higher spacing or something | preferably keeping as-is, the upcoming straight movement is pretty much enough accentuation for me here since the previous combo was entirely curved
- 00:40:824 (2) - like, you have higher spacing here and it's not significantly stronger than previous one | it's a fairly unique pattern in the song, though, which distinguishes it fairly clearly from the rest of the song up to now
- 00:42:424 (6,7) - you coooouuuuld map these as circles to prevent the slidertail-stream transition at 00:43:024 - | I'm actually fine with the tail-transition here since there's another shift in tonage and it's a little more easing and introducing like this
- 00:43:824 (1) - tbh this feels like 2 circles would fit better to the vocals that are prominent on both white and red ticks here | drummm focus; I don't want a lot of consistent clickage in these sections, but more angling and guide transitions, sorry >:
- 00:56:624 (1,2,3,4) - hngggghhh | u-uh-uguuuu!! >w<
- 01:00:124 (2,3) - I believe I already pointed this out at some point (dont even remember) but, despite being somewhat of a funny feature, why is this a 3/4 double while 01:01:624 (2,3,4) - is a 1/2 triple, same for 01:09:724 (2,3) - ofc | the first example is happening in/right at the end of a vocal pause while the rest is fiddled in-between the lyrics, which is why I didn't seem a stop-and-go anywhere as fitting there; the doubletap-y introduction pulls a lot more focus to the new section and combo which is very nice, but it's a thing that rarely fits >this< well, so it's pretty much a one-time occurance
- 01:31:024 (5) - feels weird because it's like delayed after the vocals by 1/2, why not just put the slider on 01:30:824 - | well.. going by accustic guitar here, not vocals.. generally I don't feel you should be too hard on vocals in a lot of sections of DragonForce songs because, while they might stick out, they have little.. continuous focus, to say it like that? PLUS, I absolutely love accustic guitars..
- 01:32:624 (5,6) - W H Y ? ! ? !
Like, I understand that you're following the guitar mainly and that is generally okay with other rhythms in this section but these vocals just entirely conflict with that and it wouldn't hurt the guitar rhythms that aren't even present here if you followed these lyrics properly
- you even did it 01:40:424 (3) - here ;w; | I don't quite get you tbh
- 01:44:624 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - since I believe I know how you map this kind of confuses me because I don't see what you tried to do here.. It's just 1/2 notes in a visually not appealing snake-curve-line-thing without any special stressing on certain beats, even tho the music clearly suggests some guitar strings that clearly stand out | not a snakeline, it's pairs on the guitar; little backsnaps on the pairs of three and an angle of the pairs of two
- 01:49:024 (6,10) - any reason not to with sliders on these? | felt like this would go better with the synth-guitar combo if I didn't stick to breaktimey sliderrhythms for the entire section; would be lying if I said I didn't consider it, though
- 01:55:224 (6,1) - is ths overlap intentional? did you use compleax algorithms to calculate the cursor movement from 01:55:424 (7,1) - which forces (1) to end uo here, overlapping with 6? if not, change this? | my unreadable skin doesn't find this to be a problem (and neither does default); the hitburst is naturally in the middle of the circle, not around it, so this slider pretty much leads exactly 'into' the center of it, which gives it a nice organized-yet-notsuperroomy look, and I quite like that - in other words: Yes.
- 02:11:824 (1,2,3,4,5,1) - hnggghhh | nn-nyan?? >//w//<
- 02:14:224 (6,7) - this sliderpair seems a little forced to me, the second slider should be circles because youknow equal intensitiy on both beats + both feature dominant vocal line | here, have your 2.45x triangle jump :v
- 02:19:424 (5) - Uhm.... what | Yes, a passive significant sliderend hitsound, you're seing this with your own eyes: I had tried around with this for like, half an hour, but I just ended up with valuing the finishing vocal higher than the actual correctness at this point - don't tell anyone, though, or I'll have to use 1/16 snap and speed the slider up by 7% or smth because people are anal.
- 02:22:624 (5,6,1) - do these spacings make sense when (1) is the strongest beat of them all? I'd nerf (5) and (6) | maybe I'll do something.. different (note how the brown combo is entirely up-and-down based now, might go very well with the establishing of the whistle pattern and the sliderwhistles especially)
- 02:25:474 - there's an unmapped 1/8 beat here, you could like just throw a slider here that will catch this | irc-solution: moved 1/4 slider on the whitetick, gets the kicky feeling well enough without being an arsepain
- 02:25:524 (8,9,10) - silence sliderends for optimal experience?!?! | can do
- 02:26:274 (1) - extremely opinionated, but I really dislike these beziers of yours. imo they're just not good looking idk | my opinion differs~
- 02:44:090 - throwing 1/4 here would be the sexiest thing in the whole fucking map (and do it with high spacing because pitch) | neh, 1/4 notes feel too awkward with how this section is rather calm and empty for the most part; sure, there are sounds there but.. I don't feel a full-pressured keyboard rotation makes a lot of sense to this
- 03:06:223 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
this is cool
but it's really hard to read because of the varying amount of circles on the stacks and the streamjumps and the sudden speedup
also the drums at the 03:07:423 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - part sound much more.. rolling.. and less... impactfull.. on the white ticks
I feel what you did at 03:16:873 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,1) - just feels much more fitting and that this is currently really just for the wtf aspect that kills the player
- 03:10:423 (4,5,1) - minimal change? http://puu.sh/b0txi/873a0a1228.jpg would apply the same stuff for 03:13:273 (5,1,2) - (NOT AN OVERLAP FAN OKAY) | NO, EW!!
- 03:14:623 (4) - what's the reason for this sharp edge, i feel like I could cut my fingers when playing these and the song doesnt really give me that kinda feeling | ~ background whistles be sharpin' ~ ; sliderpairs :v
- 03:25:423 - do your eally need to disregard the drums here? I feel like you could do cool stuff even with 1/4s going here | they're so background-echoy, I'd much rather stick to the more apparent guitars and have the drums play their part as a supporting character here
- 03:32:623 (1) - if you placed a 1/2 slider here you would get the AHHHHH emphasized aaaand you would get additional stress on the strrrooooong vocals mapped on 03:32:923 (3,4) - because these are currently mapped like the beat before them and that steals from their distinctive epicness | it's strong vocals but they're more echoy, just like the drums in the above mentioned timestamp; now that Drum-chan is in the strong beaty focus, we want to let her have a bit of spotlight for it a change
- 03:35:923 (4) - can't help it but think that this is off beacuse rhythm on tail.. | I beg your pardon? if anything, the vocals might fall on the 1/16 right after this slider's end, yes, but I think we made it clear that Drum-chan deserves a bit of attention for once I:
- 03:45:223 (7,8) - RIP combo, can't you map this a bit friendlier but still keep the emphasis on every single triple? | mirrored 8-10 and added a drum-hitfinish on the last one; might distinguish them a bit better and have slightly less distance on this jump; should give a nice introduction to the next drumpattern with 8910 and 11121 pointing different ways and stuff
- 03:52:356 (1) - I feel like the entire streampart could use some visual refining, namely stuff like this: http://puu.sh/b0unL/5dc194d868.jpg (use polygon circles or do it properly by hand idc | pretty fine as is; if you took a different timestmap, you'd see it is no problem to begin with because you can actually see the entire shape and not just paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart (which nobody looks at while the circles are spawning in the first place, because they're busy elsewhere): https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1951713
- 04:06:356 (6,7) - just questioning your mindset of always forcing players to follow the slidertracks , especially because you applie that sufficiently on 04:03:689 (6,7) - or 04:05:022 (6,7) - etc | well that's why it's spaced so far: if people drop out at where they most likely will (40% in), they will end exactly on the same distance snap as with the other pairs, which is 1.8x - don't believe me? see for yourself: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1951719 ((baited and outsmarted))
- 04:12:356 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2) - what the flying fuck Jenny can you please not just skip important drumbeats in the middle of a drum-following stream? this is like super confusing and doesnt make sense whatsoever | sacrifices have to be made.. the only alternative I could see fit with how I feel about this part of the song would be to make a superspaced upleading into the following slider, so.. I'd rather not
- 04:24:856 (4) - slider to go with guitar? | neh; drumfocus is more important than guitarholding here, specifically since the guitarhold fades into the background rather quickly, so there's not much reason to doing that. plus, a 1/4 kickslider would feel.. super weird here, to me.
- 04:35:022 (1,2) - I hiiiighly suggest to boost the spacing here, at this point it might as well be possible to be a 1/4 jump with the spacingincrease before this and knowing it's... well.... a Jenny map. Anyway, raising spacing here would help readability I think | Ok.
- 04:41:689 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - http://puu.sh/b0wGX/6f464327ea.jpg this is just sloppy, use ploygon circles to have the circles at the end stack with those at the beginning, it just looks better | I prefer it as-is, actually; polygon circles feels way too static to go with anything here - while you may say "sloppiness" doesn't convey much, either, I feel it kind of does, as you still have the perfect circle movement, just not with hyperclinical stackings, and that's actually very nice for me here (..plus, if I was just making things up for the sake of having it easy, just changing it would take me less time than giving a reason for not doing it, sooooo~)
- 05:04:022 (9) - there's not even anything in the song to suddenly support this kind of streamjump, especially if it's that anti-flowish, same for 05:05:356 (11).. These are just inconsistent with the rest of the map | new start of the highly 'electrolyzed' and practically out-of-control feeling guitars here; it's practically the same sound as 05:03:689 (5) - just with more emphasis because it's circle-to-circle, which is actually beneficial since we're at a very high-tensed point here, rather than before where we were just entering this phase of the song
- 06:42:447 (5) - why the fuck is this here place it on 06:42:547 - for correct snap | k.
- 07:19:147 (2) - circles because of lyrics on slidertick, stop forcing these sliderpairing when they dont fit properly | sheeeeeeesh, here, have your jump, but stop swearing already
- 07:24:247 (8) - why is this the stream turning point? (9) would feel muuuuch more approptiate for this, because you know, white tick, makes sense with music etc. | well, 9 is the turning point; 8 is still the same wavemovement from before, 9 is where you actually put the turn in movement, so, well, it already is.
- 08:06:397 - there's a note here that isnt mapped | this last part is actually full 1/6 and
- 08:06:547 (12) - starting here you have 3 1/6s instead of the 1/4s you mapped, put a reverse slider here that leads into 08:06:747 (1) - | did something like that, sort of.
Do not manually edit anything in an .osu file that cannot be changed through the Editor.So you should probably just lower the BPM to get such low SV (Like at Image Material).