forum

who made you laugh in OT?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sametdze
has anyone made you laugh in OT? a little giggle? a smile? a quick chuckle? well, if someone just so happened to bring you a sprinkle of joy in OT, let them know in this thread.

personally, out of everyone in OT, for sure winnyace has made me laugh the most. and he's done it multiple times. remember kids, the W in winnyace stands for WIN
Achromalia
mm. a lot of people and threads/posts have caught a little smile, though i don't really remember them. they appear and disappear, and then everyone usually moves on

i miss out on a lot of the more pointed/targeted disaffected humor, the classic hit-and-run comedy of saying something out of turn and being "crazy enough" to pull it off. it sort of is a hit-or-miss experience for me, and if it doesn't seem clearly satirical and non-antagonistic, then it's a more ambiguous result. might just be that i take people seriously and trust them, or that i'm more comfortable when it's not like this

but at the same time, i'm guessing a lot of people here are bored by that? it seems necessary for others to have some kind of exaggeratively sarcastic comedy at play, and i'm always curious what informs the experience in ways that people can't quite fully articulate about themselves

edit: hold on, shit... you made me laugh with r/im16anddasconkcreet :sob: it was amazing and unexpected and entirely a positively innocent interaction

EDIT: GET BACK TO WORK, BLUD! YEW MONKEYYYY--"
pristine, no notes <3
Patatitta
no one. I don't laugh, I don't smile, I live in a world of pure darkness. The wold is cruel and "smiling" is hiding this fact, and i'm not a coward, i'm strong. Shadows are my only friends
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

no one. I don't laugh, I don't smile, I live in a world of pure darkness. The wold is cruel and "smiling" is hiding this fact, and i'm not a coward, i'm strong. Shadows are my only friends
Karmine
Myself when I look at my old posts. I'm fucking hilarious.
Topic Starter
sametdze

Patatitta wrote:

and i'm not a coward, i'm strong.

Patatitta wrote:

McEndu wrote:

Maybe play Exit 8?
i'm a coward
that game isn't even scary 😭🙏
lostsilver
honestly i think everyone in ot has made me laugh a little
i laugh at anything remotely funny
Wimpy Cursed

Patatitta wrote:

thank you for giving me an answer
NotKal
You~
BluePyTheWDeer_
NotKal is back, also that one post in the epic meme thread
ClevelandsMyBro
every once in a while i come back to this thread and have a laugh at how much of a clusterfuck it was

community/forums/topics/1190124?n=1
keremaru
posts in OT are so hit or miss that i barely remember what people post unless it's a major issue
in vc though probably the people in game night server
I AM VERY SMART
Literally nobody since I absolutely hate this lost place made for jobless weirdos
[ Rynn ]
everyone and nobody. ot is both hilarious and weird at the same time. it's a unique place, i'd say.
Topic Starter
sametdze

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Literally nobody since I absolutely hate this lost place made for jobless weirdos
man shut yo negative ass up and be happy for five fucking seconds, if you don't like this place then why are you here?
Achromalia

sametdze wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

man shut yo negative ass up and be happy for five fucking seconds, if you don't like this place then why are you here?
speaking for myself, although im not on the train of "Absolute Hate" but rather a complicated "ambiguous wary discomfort with a little bit of hope", it's definitely a dependence on socialization and somewhere to be during downtime as well a sort of curiosity about people from the safe distance of text on screens

it is generally difficult to trust people or believe that they aren't at least somewhat likely to be antagonistic, even when it's possible they believe that being distrustful and wary is kind of stupid when theyre trying to make what they believe are jokes. is that reflective of people here? i'm not really sure, it's just a projected possibility being anticipated from a sense of reactive caution

ironically, iavs kind of contributes to some of why this place is strange, my opinion was previously strangely really high and now it's pretty ambivalent, i should've figured that human people are human people and that we're pretty variably complicated or difficult in some particular ways

lots of critiques to be made, but this is a thread in the "surveys" subforum, titled "who made you laugh in ot" where the topic starter is looking for "a sparkle of joy in ot", which is very definitively sweet. i think we might enjoy this more if there's a little bit of space for being sweet, for the people that want to be :>
fluffpup
probably only you, sametdze
I AM VERY SMART

sametdze wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

speaking for myself, although im not on the train of "Absolute Hate" but rather a complicated "ambiguous wary discomfort with a little bit of hope", it's definitely a dependence on socialization and somewhere to be during downtime as well a sort of curiosity about people from the safe distance of text on screens

it is generally difficult to trust people or believe that they aren't at least somewhat likely to be antagonistic, even when it's possible they believe that being distrustful and wary is kind of stupid when theyre trying to make what they believe are jokes. is that reflective of people here? i'm not really sure, it's just a projected possibility being anticipated from a sense of reactive caution

ironically, iavs kind of contributes to some of why this place is strange, my opinion was previously strangely really high and now it's pretty ambivalent, i should've figured that human people are human people and that we're pretty variably complicated or difficult in some particular ways

lots of critiques to be made, but this is a thread in the "surveys" subforum, titled "who made you laugh in ot" where the topic starter is looking for "a sparkle of joy in ot", which is very definitively sweet. i think we might enjoy this more if there's a little bit of space for being sweet, for the people that want to be :>
There were obviously some times when I enjoyed being in OT! The only hopes were from those who actually made concepts to entertain people, even lurkers outside of OT. I also tried to make topics like that so that everyone can have fun, which is cool. There's always a good atmosphere when something like this is happening so I'm good

Unfortunately, it is undeniable that the big part of OT consists of weird threads without logic, unfunny memes to entertain idiots and lore that only old denizen can understand but nobody else. I should also add that we always see the same people over and over again as if there were only about fifteen folks who were chatting without anyone else (It's just a "Other" forum thing since there's nobody in any other topics from GD, music hall, otaku culture, video games and art)

I only criticize what I'm seeing sametdze, I didn't mean to offend you
Kaaruumii
we cooked
Achromalia

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

"speaking for myself,"
although im not on the train of "Absolute Hate" but rather a complicated "ambiguous wary discomfort with a little bit of hope", it's definitely a dependence on socialization and somewhere to be during downtime as well a sort of curiosity about people from the safe distance of text on screens

There were obviously some times when I enjoyed being in OT! The only hopes were from those who actually made concepts to entertain people, even lurkers outside of OT. I also tried to make topics like that so that everyone can have fun, which is cool. There's always a good atmosphere when something like this is happening so I'm good

Unfortunately, it is undeniable that the big part of OT consists of weird threads without logic, unfunny memes to entertain idiots and lore that only old denizen can understand but nobody else. I should also add that we always see the same people over and over again as if there were only about fifteen folks who were chatting without anyone else (It's just a "Other" forum thing since there's nobody in any other topics from GD, music hall, otaku culture, video games and art)

mmyeah, that may be pretty fair actually;; it's not that these critiques can't be made, but i sort of perceived/intepreted a readiness to make definitive conclusions about people from them as impressions. but at the same time, it's not intrinsically nor necessarily "dubious"? it's just something i'm wary of from subjective impressions and pattern-recognition. definitely a "lost and found" place to me, it picks up what other places can't or are too stiff/rigid for, i remember hearing this subforum being considered something like an equivalent of a containment thread as well

and idk in complete fairness there are a ton of teenagers around and adults who have barely had time to be adults, and given the labor market in recent years for most people, i would imagine it's not at all unlikely that some people aren't going to have jobs. i'd believe it if many in fact do have jobs, though i imagine it's also just as likely to be kind of a flippant/unserious comment to characterize something to the effect of... "people with too much time on their hands and minimal responsible maturity to show for it", maybe? i don't know if i'm accurate in deriving that impression from whatever formed the comment

but it's kind of just not that necessarily reflective of anything, and it doesn't seem particularly useful to critique beyond having Something to critique about people that seem strange or worth being wary about for one reason or another

unsure what these things mean to you, but... i do find these subjects to be interesting to wonder about when people offer their thoughts

i think some of these threads are, in some strange ways, genuinely entertaining. i sometimes think it's moreso that people seem to lose interest so quickly unless there's an evaluative argument being made or something easy enough to comment simply about and still have fun mutual feedback from. i'm not entirely sure yet. but people do try, and it seems to entertain at least a few among them-- whether that's from an exonymous "idiocy", i can't really tell, i only know i'm not always the target audience. it's not like they're Not plausibly going to self-describe as idiots on their own, but by this point it's maybe a matter of finding sub-community cliques within sub-community cliques. we find people that are interested and hope they stay, we entertain the few that interact with us regularly, or... something like that

this is pretty loosely theoretical, but it may be worth something
Nuuskamuikkunen

Karmine wrote:

Myself when I look at my old posts. I'm fucking hilarious.
Polyspora

keremaru wrote:

posts in OT are so hit or miss that i barely remember what people post unless it's a major issue
in vc though probably the people in game night server
man I keep asking them to invite you to the car server
Jangsoodlor

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

then y r u even here if it brings misery?
Polyspora

Achromalia wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

"speaking for myself,"
although im not on the train of "Absolute Hate" but rather a complicated "ambiguous wary discomfort with a little bit of hope", it's definitely a dependence on socialization and somewhere to be during downtime as well a sort of curiosity about people from the safe distance of text on screens

and idk in complete fairness there are a ton of teenagers around and adults who have barely had time to be adults, and given the labor market in recent years for most people, i would imagine it's not at all unlikely that some people aren't going to have jobs.
for me its the exact opposite, lost my teenager era to covid (15-16) and when I got back to real life I got rushed into adulthood, so basically I went from 14 no worries to 17 that needed to decide what the fuck I wanted to do with my life while also getting a job to pay for shit that not long ago were free for me (parents paid for).
shit sucks
Patatitta

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

you just made my post but unironical

Patatitta wrote:

Achromalia

Patatitta wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

pedantic here, but this is not at all necessarily what your post means, i think it just happens to be that people might have an impression of iavs for that post that aligns with yours

like the very explicit literal interpretation is more like "i, as a person, universally do not laugh. everything to me is painful and grim. i compensate for this grim pain by characterizing myself on the basis of strength",

while iavs can easily just mean "i don't like it here and don't find anything funny enough to merit many compliments, it has kind of gone to shit and it only suits the limited circles of the few strange people that actually visit here", which does not intrinsically suggest anything yours did... it seems a bit difficult to stretch that to the actual concretely-signified substance of what your ironic post was

so, to my mind, it's not an irony-sincerity polarization, but a subjectively-congruent demonstration of how someone else would consider someone to be un-fun and annoyingly bitter, or something to that effect

unless i'm... missing something?? idk but the ways we communicate our perspectives are a bit difficult to parse between each person, in our many relative and roundabout senses
Patatitta

Achromalia wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

pedantic here, but this is not at all necessarily what your post means, i think it just happens to be that people might have an impression of iavs for that post that aligns with yours

like the very explicit literal interpretation is more like "i, as a person, universally do not laugh. everything to me is painful and grim. i compensate for this grim pain by characterizing myself on the basis of strength",

while iavs can easily just mean "i don't like it here and don't find anything funny enough to merit many compliments, it has kind of gone to shit and it only suits the limited circles of the few strange people that actually visit here", which does not intrinsically suggest anything yours did... it seems a bit difficult to stretch that to the actual concretely-signified substance of what your ironic post was

so, to my mind, it's not an irony-sincerity polarization, but a subjectively-congruent demonstration of how someone else would consider someone to be un-fun and annoyingly bitter, or something to that effect

unless i'm... missing something?? idk but the ways we communicate our perspectives are a bit difficult to parse between each person, in our many relative and roundabout senses
no you're right, but it was kinda what I was parodying, just, someone saying "no one", but like, way exaggerated
Achromalia

Patatitta wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

no you're right, but it was kinda what I was parodying, just, someone saying "no one", but like, way exaggerated
OHHHHH.,,
i totally missed that... thats actually interestingly so funny to me
z0z

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

every once in a while i come back to this thread and have a laugh at how much of a clusterfuck it was

community/forums/topics/1190124?n=1
someone really didn't like my map
Behrauder
I rarely smile when I'm here, and I don't remember any specific case, but I would say Serraionga.
Reyalp51
They are in my profile
Karmine

Reyalp51 wrote:

They are in my profile
Why is me saying people think I'm a woman funny? :cry: