forum

The OT Encyclopedia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Patatitta
The OT Encyclopedia

This thread is meant as a short encyclopedia of important OT vocabulary and threads. If you don't know what this subforum actually is, click here.

OT Vocabulary

OT: Short form of off-topic (The forum board you're currently in!)

GMT: Short form of Global Moderation Team, the moderation team for osu.

Necro: To necro means to revive a dead thread. This means, posting in a thread that hasn't received activity for a long time, normally around 6 months, bumping it to the front page. Necroposting is seen as something negative, and there is warning in some threads warning you not to do it.

Denizen: Denizen is a title given to some users in OT, this title has no benefits or advantages and only indicates that a user has been active for a long time. You can check the list of denizens here.

Overlord: OT Overlord was a term meant to refer to the person in charge of moderating OT. This term is currently in disuse.

Exile: An exile is the equivalent of a ban in OT, if you're exiled, you can't post or make new threads in OT. You can check the list of exiled users in the rules thread

Wasteland: To wasteland a thread means to remove a thread from OT, making that thread inaccessible for everyone. The term originated from the fact that no thread is ever deleted, but moved to a special subforum only moderators can see.
Important Threads

- OT!Eras: Thread that aims to record OT history by showing for how long each user was active for.

- The Valhalla of OT: Thread that (subjectively) selects the best threads of all of OT, as judged by abraker.

- Presidents of OT: list of every single OT president.

- OT!Events: List of metas and events in OT history.

- Denizen generation map: List of all denizens.        

- OT's Royal Museum of Art: List of every artwork related to OT.

Historical threads
While these threads are currently dead, they were a large part of OT history and culture. These threads are listed here for conservation purposes.

- The High Tier Echelons of OT: Awards for the best threads in OT history, as judged by abraker.

- Lock records: List of every single thread every GMT has locked.

- Here ye! Here ye!: Thread that worked as a list of every action the government took.

- Lowest post count: List of the threads with the lowest view count in OT history.

- Executionary Tales: Roleplay event very important during a certain era of OT.

- The OT!Chronicles: Complete recap of all of OT history.

- List of mapping drama: A list of every mapping drama in osu!

- OT OVERLORDS: List of every single overlord that has existed in OT.

- Old denizen generation map: List of all denizens.        

This thread is an updated version of The Art Of OT and The Royal OT Directory
Reyalp51
first
Karmine
Welcome to OT!
Manishh
I hope you will enjoy here
B0ii
Welcome to OT fellow user
Asian Warlord
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1466753
The art of OT is better than this bs
DM FOR MUTUAL
we finally see the pinned threads get updated, this is a good day
z0z
hi
Wimpy Cursed
Hello
sametdze
now this.. this is interesting.

perhaps i make video version of this..
Hydreigon

Karmine wrote:

Welcome to OT!
turn back while you still can-
Karmine

Hydreigon wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Welcome to OT!
No it's good here, please stay, we have cookies.
keremaru

Karmine wrote:

Hydreigon wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Welcome to OT!
the cookie jar is a lie
B0ii

keremaru wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Hydreigon wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Welcome to OT!
the cookie jar is a lie
well uh...
it's just that... the cookie jar is transparent...
Cerno
cum
ClevelandsMyBro

Asian Warlord wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1466753
The art of OT is better than this bs
cook that fraud
Jun Maeda
for everyone who came here to read this thread, please watch/read CLANNAD.
Farfocele
Can we get a wikipedia editor in here?
Serraionga

Patatitta wrote:

Necro: To necro means to revive a dead thread. This means, posting in a thread that hasn't received activity for a long time, normally around 6 months, bumping it to the front page. Necroposting is seen as something negative, and there is warning in some threads warning you not to do it.
community/forums/posts/8546219
Ymir
I read somewhere that it's 3 months for regular threads. For OT threads, it feels like a week old thread could be outdated enough to fit that category.
Farfocele

Serraionga wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

i get the feeling an edit war would have started by now if anyone could edit
B0ii

Farfocele wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

yep
Karmine
Should be 1 month.
lostsilver
i really dont wanna necro ot's royal museum of art three months later, but where are the other ot collabs?
why hasn't that thread been as active as it was?

i'm just asking, you don't have to answer if you don't want to
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

i really dont wanna necro ot's royal museum of art three months later, but where are the other ot collabs?

abraker handles that thread, they probably have just missed it and not added it
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ah okay
thank you for the info!
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ah okay
thank you for the info!
also, feel free to bump the museum, if you post the missing images on the thread, they will most likely than not get added
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ah okay
thank you for the info!
also, feel free to bump the museum, if you post the missing images on the thread, they will most likely than not get added
ahhh oki oki
thank you, ill do it now! (i think it was just the collab corne hosted that needed added so yeah)
Serraionga

Ymir wrote:

I read somewhere that it's 3 months for regular threads. For OT threads, it feels like a week old thread could be outdated enough to fit that category.
i'd rather stick to 1 month of inactivity because threads get darkened after that amount of time. this change has made its way back to the current design (forgot to mention that in my previous post)

Ymir

Serraionga wrote:

Ymir wrote:

i'd rather stick to 1 month of inactivity because threads get darkened after that amount of time. this change has made its way back to the current design (forgot to mention that in my previous post)
Oh yeah. In theory anything past 1 month is a necro then, but in practice I do believe that 3 months is still alright, nobody is going to scream "necro!" for a 2 or 3 month old thread, I imagine. Anything past that, maybe?
Farfocele

B0ii wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

yep
Like the article with caesar salad, but instead of the country changing, it would be the duration for a necro
Achromalia
not gonna lie, after having been absent from ot for about 12-18 months, this is strangely interesting to read from. i love any kind of encyclopedia, and this (mainly the important threads section) looks like an ok start
Karmine

Achromalia wrote:

not gonna lie, after having been absent from ot for about 12-18 months, this is strangely interesting to read from. i love any kind of encyclopedia, and this (mainly the important threads section) looks like an ok start
Yeah the previous threads for that were outdated and an update was long overdue.
The Art of OT was already starting to get outdated when I first joined OT over 2 years ago.
Farfocele
OT wiki when
sametdze

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when
i was actually thinking about making an OT wiki but then i was like "nah we already have the encyclopedia"

i still have my meraheze account so if any the mods over there feel kind enough to accept the idea of an OT wiki and majority of us want an OT wiki well.. ;)
Farfocele

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when
i was actually thinking about making an OT wiki but then i was like "nah we already have the encyclopedia"

i still have my meraheze account so if any the mods over there feel kind enough to accept the idea of an OT wiki and majority of us want an OT wiki well.. ;)
i would want to be a contributor!
Ymir
A wiki would work well if you pull it off; that is make it work like an actual wiki. It doesn't have to be like the Encyclopedia at all.

I suggest making it using Wikia or something, unless you find a way to format it well here.
sametdze

Ymir wrote:

I suggest making it using Wikia or something, unless you find a way to format it well here.
no, fuck fandom. there are far better wiki services out there, like the previously mentioned miraheze. i might use fandom as a last resort though.
Farfocele

Ymir wrote:

A wiki would work well if you pull it off; that is make it work like an actual wiki. It doesn't have to be like the Encyclopedia at all.

fuck fandom honestly
Ymir
I have no idea what fandom did but I imagine your reaction is justified.
B0ii

Ymir wrote:

basically they're hella greedy
Karmine
If you want to make OT wiki you can just edit the wiki page.
Idk if you can create more pages to add stuff to it, never edited wikis before.
- Marco -

Karmine wrote:

You can submit pull requests on the ppy/osu-wiki GitHub. Just make sure to check wiki/osu!_wiki/Contribution_guide first
Farfocele

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

You can submit pull requests on the ppy/osu-wiki GitHub. Just make sure to check wiki/osu!_wiki/Contribution_guide first
i ain't bothering with that
Karmine

Farfocele wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when

Achromalia

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when

lol lmao lmfao <3 love this from y'all
z0z

B0ii wrote:

Ymir wrote:

basically they're hella greedy
use antifandom to put on a protective suit
sametdze
welp just sent a wiki request to miraheze lets hope they accept it
Karmine

sametdze wrote:

Would be funny if they say "you already have an ingame wiki you can edit though?".
sametdze

Karmine wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Would be funny if they say "you already have an ingame wiki you can edit though?".

uhh gng help me out here, i did submit a request and by the looks of it the wiki is getting accepted, i just need a better paragraph so uhhh get cooking please and try to sound some what pro thx
show more