Mod request from my queueRed is unrankable and must be fixed.
Pink is you should apply this to any similar notes/parts/patterns/whatever it was stated on it.
Mods with question marks (?) are only suggestion/opinion. You're free to choose whether you're going to apply it or not.
I cannot mod another game modes.
Please reply to my mods, I always looking forward to the replies so I could improve better.
If you think one or more points on my mod is unclear, feel free to ask about it.
Some useful links for mapping:
Analyzing flow in beatmaps
How to make beautiful sliders
How to make beautiful sliders (advanced)
Hello! Hi o/
finally a good jp song Yeah fhana!
- SB -
- I don't think the grey combo colour actually fits anything. How about something like violet? http://puu.sh/90eqd.png The grey suits the sombre mood and the navy blue! I'll probably end up changing the bg anyway, so the colours are subject to change also
- Use AudioLeadIn 1500? Should be enough for startbreak. Ok~
- Some hitsounds are quite inaudible, probably because low volume setting on audio file (not in-game) Maybe manually check each hitsound file and amplify if volume too low? They're audible for me Some of them are intentionally subtle
- I don't think the name "Insane" actually fits with anything ._. It's just a name after all...
- 00:25:861 (5) - Kinda assymetryic, the right side seems placed a bit too bottom If I said this was intentional would you believe me? haha
- 00:46:028 (1) - What is this shape '__' It looks good if you don't hover over it! >~<
- 00:46:861 (4,5) - I think it would flow better if you Ctrl+G this, and of course before you readjust the next patterns I will consider this, but I intended to break out of circular flow here.
- 00:51:361 (1) - Ctrl+G? Try it. Both work pretty well, but I prefer mine atm.
- 00:53:861 (3) - This broke flow as it's kinda out of place. Try stacking it with 00:53:195 (7) - 's sliderhead. Remember that this might not work with next patterns so readjust them (-: Ah, I see what you're saying but where I have it currently works better for me. The reason is because of the drop down into the next slider with larger spacing. Stacking it on 00:53:195 (7) won't have the same effect in my opinion.
- 01:02:028 (1) - Bad. This method works better http://puu.sh/90gGd.jpg
- 01:09:028 (1) - Better flow could be achieved by Ctrl+G here. Thus you would have to do the same to next patterns, maybe. Breaking out of circular flow here seems more appropriate; as to isolate the next sequence of sliders :>
- 01:14:195 (6,7) - Swap place? It feels more comfortable for me to play in this order. Trust me, I have tried a lot of alternatives!
- 01:17:361 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Bad shape. To create good stream shape try the Convert slider to stream option in Compose menu. What's wrong with doing it manually? lol. I utilised a sort of circular flow here coming off from 01:17:028 (3) , and how it bends in the second half of the stream flows really nicely into the following section. There is a method to my madness!
- 01:37:028 (1,2,3) - Bad shape. Try the method I showed you earlier haha maybe, but it does its job!
- Seems like other sliderwaves are messed up as well. Fix them too then. I will try to work harder on this, especially if other people point them out, but these are just aesthetic aspects and can be fixed fairly easily. Thanks for pointing them out
- 02:29:695 (3,1) - Try to blanket the sliderbody instead of the sliderhead, like http://puu.sh/90gTY.jpg Looks a bit strange
- 02:38:695 (5) - Wrongly placed, try http://puu.sh/90gXm.jpg err have you played it? It plays fine for me and where you suggested I place it doesn't flow into the next sequence xD Well, for me anyway
- 03:09:361 (6) - Clap? Ahh yes, missed this one. Fixed
- 04:01:361 (4,5) - Try http://puu.sh/90h2y.jpg Sure
- 04:03:361 (1,2) - Blanket maybe? Strangely, where I have it now works better than if I blanket it :/ I can fix this easily later though if I need to
- 04:04:528 (5) - Ctrl+G? ehh? Flow would be strange if I ctrl+g this. I think it works fine here and really accentuates the 1/1 gap
- 04:22:695 (3) - Ctrl+G would work perfect. Also try to blanket sliderbody Prefer how it flows currently
- 04:36:528 (4) - Nah, maybe what you mean is http://puu.sh/90haL.jpg Actually, I think the wiggle should be near the slider start to convey the guitar bend I'm trying to follow
Some tip for Insane diff: Flow is already good and jumps are well made, but despite the song is way too calm and too slow some parts had a pretty wide gap of emptiness that can't be easily mapped, leading you to leave out some place empty (unmapped, as there are nothing much to map on it) Whenever you encounter this, it is best to stack patterns to indicate the empty gap (don't space them, as you used a lot of jumps and this might be confusing with the normal spaces) as stack also indicates that the flow is "paused" due to the empty part of the song. Maybe you would want to take this into consideration the next time you map. I tried to have a variety of patterns etc while preserving the rhythm, so I tried not to have all 1/1 stacks to represent emptiness. Most of the 1/1 gaps in the timeline are readable and don't interfere with the flow (imo); as I don't map for difficulty, this should be the case :3
Good luck, I like the song and the map! Thanks very much for taking a look inverness! Greatly appreciate it
Starred. Good luck.
From my queue~
- total file size is over 10MB! Yeah... b-but the mp3 is like 6.7 mb!
- 00:01:861 (4) - I prefer 1/4 slider If you listen really (really, really) carefully, you can hear a note on this beat! Not just that, but if I remove the reverse on the slider it won't have the same effect into the anti-jump afterwards.
- 00:23:028 (4) - normal curved slider is better For some strange reason I feel my current shape to be better. Though a curved slider would also work, it would play essentially the same. The subtle anchor here is totally random and I like it!
- 00:28:861 (2,5) - avoiding stack is on purpose? Yep, manual stack :3
- 00:42:361 (6,1) - a little difficult to find circle. how about avoiding stack correctly I actually like this 1/1 stack on the slider end >~< It conveys motionless in the song and is readable in my opinion
- 02:27:695 (2) - x:310 y:149 (blanket correctly) Fixed~
- 02:31:695 (1,2) - I prefer symmetric curved sliders Haha, that's exactly what I was avoiding
- 02:33:695 (4) - curved slider si better, imo I will consider this, but I feel a curve won't work as well for the following jump sequence. Well let's see what others think
- 02:38:195 (2,4) - hard to find 4. I suggest not to stack I can read this owo I will wait and see
- 02:52:361 (3,4,5) - conform DS The distance snapped I used was 1.2 and 1.5 respectively. The reason that the slider is further is because I'm trying to emphasise the vocal and the reverse gives it a nice swing. Well it just plays well for me!
- 02:56:195 (7) - delete? ehh? There is an important bass note here ;w;
- 03:52:028 (1) - <3 <3
I've listened to this song for the first time ( I only know "tiny lamp") Since Que sera sera I've been following them! So good~
good song, and nice map ~☆ Thanks so much RandomEffect!!!
2014-05-29 15:44 koreapenguin: why used ar9 in insane :3 ?
2014-05-29 15:44 Unsfamiliar: it is mapped like 180 bpm :3
2014-05-29 15:45 koreapenguin: well :D
2014-05-29 15:45 koreapenguin: 02:52:528 (4) - this
2014-05-29 15:45 koreapenguin: distance check and how about this http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1655009
2014-05-29 15:46 Unsfamiliar: lol that's a big jump!
2014-05-29 15:46 koreapenguin: 02:57:695 (1,2,3) - i don't understand this distance
2014-05-29 15:46 koreapenguin: i think so keep is batter
2014-05-29 15:46 koreapenguin: better?
2014-05-29 15:46 koreapenguin: aw english baka
2014-05-29 15:47 Unsfamiliar: I increase to 1.7 here
2014-05-29 15:47 Unsfamiliar: to emphasise vocal
2014-05-29 15:47 Unsfamiliar: I do that quite a lot i think
2014-05-29 15:47 koreapenguin: w
2014-05-29 15:48 koreapenguin: and not need widscreen :3 maybe, this mappu has not SB
2014-05-29 15:48 Unsfamiliar: I want a SB ;w;
2014-05-29 15:48 koreapenguin: w
2014-05-29 15:48 Unsfamiliar: but I will disable if I don't get one :)
2014-05-29 15:49 koreapenguin: k :D
2014-05-29 15:50 koreapenguin: 00:57:695 (1) - NC here :D ?
2014-05-29 15:50 Unsfamiliar: maybe! My combos are a bit of a mess aren't they?
2014-05-29 15:51 Unsfamiliar: >~<
2014-05-29 15:51 koreapenguin: lol
2014-05-29 15:54 koreapenguin: i can't understand about distance ww as a player
2014-05-29 15:55 koreapenguin: 02:24:028 (2,3,4) - keep distance :3
2014-05-29 15:55 Unsfamiliar: The distance makes sense to me as a mapper and player!
2014-05-29 15:55 Unsfamiliar: like, I've made sure it plays well
2014-05-29 15:56 Unsfamiliar: (to me anyway) w
2014-05-29 15:56 koreapenguin: www
2014-05-29 15:56 Unsfamiliar: maybe you've been playing too much DT
2014-05-29 15:56 Unsfamiliar: yeah, that's it :P
2014-05-29 15:56 koreapenguin: but AR9 w
2014-05-29 15:56 koreapenguin: i can't 270 streams w
2014-05-29 15:57 Unsfamiliar: not yet
2014-05-29 15:57 koreapenguin: 01:11:195 (4,5,6) - www
2014-05-29 15:58 koreapenguin: what's that.
2014-05-29 15:58 Unsfamiliar: also note I am a mouse player haha
2014-05-29 15:58 Unsfamiliar: What's wrong with these sliders? ;w;
2014-05-29 15:59 koreapenguin: not pretty and baka flow
2014-05-29 15:59 Unsfamiliar: super flow~
2014-05-29 15:59 Unsfamiliar: and is sexy
2014-05-29 16:00 koreapenguin: wwwww
2014-05-29 16:00 koreapenguin: well this your style, i can't broken.
2014-05-29 16:00 koreapenguin: idk what i say
2014-05-29 16:01 Unsfamiliar: yes 'style'....
2014-05-29 16:01 Unsfamiliar: just say what's on your mind
2014-05-29 16:01 Unsfamiliar: it is very helpful
2014-05-29 16:02 koreapenguin: yea i respect your mappu style
2014-05-29 16:02 koreapenguin: i can't found problems.
2014-05-29 16:03 koreapenguin: other diff i'll posted
2014-05-29 16:03 Unsfamiliar: Ok~
2014-05-29 16:03 Unsfamiliar: thanks :)
2014-05-29 16:03 koreapenguin: sorry w
2014-05-29 16:03 koreapenguin: i really forget how to mod.
2014-05-29 16:04 Unsfamiliar: it's ok
sorry late.. It's ok!
- 00:29:695 (6,7) - 1/3 Rhythm? I can hear some 1/3 here, but I decided not to map it :3
- 00:55:028 (3,4) - I like Ctrl+G flowing Wow, so do I! It's just that I tried not to repeat the same circular flow too much, so I'll keep it for now.
Good luck ありがとう！
Hi there, coming from your request in my Modding Q
(I didnt go over the previous mods and I didnt see any updatepost, so ignore overlaps with the other mods)
(Also, for some reason my (img) command wont work, so I'll just post the normal links
- God damn thats a long but calming song o: <3
- Gonna be honest, the Insane has a huge gap with the Hard and I think it's kinda overmapped since it's a low bpm/calming song, but I'll take that as your mapping style
Well I sort of agree with you here, but I personally think it's fine. I don't believe those numbers are truly indicative of the difficulty of the map, especially since I focused on playability and flow in my diff. It's not that it's low bpm; I mapped it like it was 180 and each note is justified by a sound in the song. Also note that my difficulty has pretty much a 1:1 slider to circle ratio!
- 01:07:361 (1,2) -
01:31:195 (7) - 4 is closer to 7 than 5 is
02:29:695 (3,1) -
04:22:028 (1,2,3) - Fixed this one
- 00:23:695 (6,8) - make them less touchy :> They aren't touching..
- 00:28:861 (2,5) - let them overlap Manual stack here
- 00:30:695 (3) - tail overlap wrong by 1y [
- 00:32:361 (6) - ^
- 00:42:861 (1) - ^ Fixed them
- 00:47:195 (6) - spread this one from 00:46:861 (4) - a bit more It's fine
- 00:47:695 (1) - overlap off by 1x color=#0080FF]Ok[/color]
- 00:50:528 (6) - ^
- 01:23:361 (1) - fix that overlap Manual
- 01:30:695 (5) - make it overlap 01:29:195 (2) - Noooo ;w; For what reason? That previous note can only been seen in editor. A nice tip is to play the map, look in editor for potential issues, and test them to make sure.
- 02:10:528 (6) - i feel like there should be a cirlce here since there's also one here 02:13:361 (7) - (its a slider though) You just contradicted yourself orz I think the rhythm here is perfectly fine!
- 02:16:528 (8) - fix the position between 5 and 6 I do not see the issue here... :/
- 02:24:361 (4) - blanket 02:24:195 (3) - ? Intentionally not a blanket. Works better for me, for some strange reason
- 02:49:195 (2) - tail off by 1y. if you fix this, dont forget to change 02:49:695 (1) - as well ...
- 02:52:695 (5) - fix spacing to match 02:52:361 (3,4) - I cannot see the problem here. I thought the increased spacing would emphasise the vocal and it plays much smoother for me
- 03:06:695 (7,8,9) - ^ ^ In my opinion, I don't think that strict distance snapping and uniformity would work any better here
Gl with your mapset! :3 Thanks for checking