osu! World Cup 2013 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
NewNyuu
nvm... :D
Vish024
Yeah it's all on the wiki as Loctav mentioned in one of these threads.

Metro wrote:

ffs not you again
Sorry I don't recognise you.
Hernan
Is it Sunday already?
CXu
Uhh. There're less than five days until the first match, it's the middle of Sunday UTC, and there's still no mappool.

Mappool where?
AmaiHachimitsu
Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff, I'd be disappointed if it turned out that mappools hadn't been prepared earlier (I mean, like, days ago, and I mean all mappools). If mappools are ready (I hope they all are), posting them should be like.... one click away!
Marcin
I'm pretty sure they are prepared.
Pizzicato

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff, I'd be disappointed if it turned out that mappools hadn't been prepared earlier (I mean, like, days ago, and I mean all mappools). If mappools are ready (I hope they all are), posting them should be like.... one click away!
he sure did have free time to answer those rants from other people though
and yeah it's sunday. where are the maps? O_o
Moonpower
Why would you post the mappool when you can call people weird for thinking that the mappool would be released on friday, as per wiki, but then making it sunday and trying to look better by making it 1 day earlier but not doing that in the end? Never doubt the German efficiency!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Slizzer

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff
The thing is, if people haven't even gotten the time to prepare and be ready to post a mappool with 10ish days of preparation. Then just think of the teams that are participating (especially the once that are playing on Friday), not only do they have to look daily for the mappool news, they also have to make time to practice them. I'll just assume that most participants are around 17-20 years old, which would mean they are studying/working through Monday - Friday, so some of them might have a tight training schedule.

I just hope we'll see some maps soon so the teams have time to practice them.

Anyway, good luck and have fun to all the participating players/staff of the OWC #4 and may the best team win!
Cheers~

Loctav wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Group_Stage

It's 2pm UTC, y so impatient
Thank you~
smoogipoo
\:D/ It's finally begun!
CXu

Loctav wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Group_Stage

It's 2pm UTC, y so impatient
We're probably impatient because most of us expected the mappool to be out on Friday. Since that wasn't the case, we'd atleast want it as soon as possible to squeeze in any possible practice time we still have left during the weekend.

Well, thanks for the mappool anyway.

And I just realised having freemods during tiebreaker is a silly idea.
Pizzicato
\:D/
because it's 10pm on UTC +8 :(
Noriko

Slizzer wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff
The thing is, if people haven't even gotten the time to prepare and be ready to post a mappool with 10ish days of preparation. Then just think of the teams that are participating (especially the once that are playing on Friday), not only do they have to look daily for the mappool news, they also have to make time to practice them. I'll just assume that most participants are around 17-20 years old, which would mean they are studying/working through Monday - Friday, so some of them might have a tight training schedule.
Finally someone said it, thank you
time to push essays aside #yolo
Pizzicato
requesting a pack for the current map pool
Marcin
Request accepted, here is your pack http://www.mediafire.com/?jn0c8p6wqfrtfhb

EDIT: added on wiki at the top of group stage section.
fartownik

CXu wrote:

And I just realised having freemods during tiebreaker is a silly idea.
The tiebreaker should be freemod imo. Luv Letter nomod is a pain in the ass, have fun with random misses all the way with AR9.
silmarilen
people should be able to read ar9 if they want to be in owc. its not all about faster faster faster.
also doesnt more misses make things more exciting? i remember people complaining about so called "accuracy matches"
CXu
It's a tiebreaker. I'd rather have everyone compete on equal basis really.
kriers
beatmaps were a bit on the hard side for r1 last year, I remember.

This year takes the cake.
show more