Perfect mapset is perfect
-Ryosuke

Arrival wrote:

fabbbyyy v2 wrote:

When are the maps gonna come out?
I know today but when today
I wish it was true. I could beat Korea at spinning. </3
fartownik
Wow thanks for letting us practice the maps from the mappack in advance.

Not.
Melt3dCheeze

fartownik wrote:

Wow thanks for letting us practice the maps from the mappack in advance.

Not.
inb4 No official mappack
Arrival
It is still a training.
fartownik
I was being sarcastic for the maps not being released yet.
Melt3dCheeze
I was referring to the officials picking maps on the day. Anyways, I hope you kept your promise Loctav that you picked the right maps :)
fartownik

Rules wrote:

The maps for each round will be announced by the mapset selectors one week in advance.
This means the maps were meant to be released on Friday already, since the first matches are on the next Friday. It's Sunday and they're still not up. I would not pick this up if not the fact that the staff had a real lot of time before the tournament even started to pick the proper maps.
Pizzicato
soon™
Moonpower

fartownik wrote:

Rules wrote:

The maps for each round will be announced by the mapset selectors one week in advance.
This means the maps were meant to be released on Friday already, since the first matches are on the next Friday. It's Sunday and they're still not up. I would not pick this up if not the fact that the staff had a real lot of time before the tournament even started to pick the proper maps.
Nah man, you should be glad you can participate and stuff. If you don't like it don't participate, amiright? Just shush and the almighty organization will continue doing whatever they want.
fartownik

Moonpower wrote:

Nah man, you should be glad you can participate and stuff. If you don't like it don't participate, amiright? Just shush and the almighty organization will continue doing whatever they want.
I find it funny how the word 'almighty' only comes with sarcasm and the movie Bruce the Almighty.
Melt3dCheeze
If they couldn't hit their deadlines, it does say a lot tbh. From what you said Moonpower about the participants being "humbled" to compete, I feel sorry for Bahrain.
Darksonic
Things on time.
Topic Starter
Loctav
What part of "Sunday" didn't you understand? You guys are weird.
pielak213
isn't it sunday already? also some matches are on friday so imo they should've been released on friday so we can compain about them earlier
Dexter_old_1
Dear to whom it may concern,

Who will be the streamer?

Regards,
Dexter
Vish024
That's on the wiki.

Streamers: Nyquill, kingking9, Love, ShinseinaTenshi
Metro

LaVolpe024 wrote:

That's on the wiki.

Streamers: Nyquill, kingking9, Love, ShinseinaTenshi
ffs not you again
Renshuu
umm.. where can we see the rosers for each team ?
Renshuu
nvm... :D
Vish024
Yeah it's all on the wiki as Loctav mentioned in one of these threads.

Metro wrote:

ffs not you again
Sorry I don't recognise you.
Hernan
Is it Sunday already?
CXu
Uhh. There're less than five days until the first match, it's the middle of Sunday UTC, and there's still no mappool.

Mappool where?
AmaiHachimitsu
Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff, I'd be disappointed if it turned out that mappools hadn't been prepared earlier (I mean, like, days ago, and I mean all mappools). If mappools are ready (I hope they all are), posting them should be like.... one click away!
Marcin
I'm pretty sure they are prepared.
Pizzicato

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff, I'd be disappointed if it turned out that mappools hadn't been prepared earlier (I mean, like, days ago, and I mean all mappools). If mappools are ready (I hope they all are), posting them should be like.... one click away!
he sure did have free time to answer those rants from other people though
and yeah it's sunday. where are the maps? O_o
Moonpower
Why would you post the mappool when you can call people weird for thinking that the mappool would be released on friday, as per wiki, but then making it sunday and trying to look better by making it 1 day earlier but not doing that in the end? Never doubt the German efficiency!
Topic Starter
Loctav
Slizzer

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff
The thing is, if people haven't even gotten the time to prepare and be ready to post a mappool with 10ish days of preparation. Then just think of the teams that are participating (especially the once that are playing on Friday), not only do they have to look daily for the mappool news, they also have to make time to practice them. I'll just assume that most participants are around 17-20 years old, which would mean they are studying/working through Monday - Friday, so some of them might have a tight training schedule.

I just hope we'll see some maps soon so the teams have time to practice them.

Anyway, good luck and have fun to all the participating players/staff of the OWC #4 and may the best team win!
Cheers~

Loctav wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Group_Stage

It's 2pm UTC, y so impatient
Thank you~
smoogipoo
\:D/ It's finally begun!
CXu

Loctav wrote:

http://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu_World_Cup_2013#Group_Stage

It's 2pm UTC, y so impatient
We're probably impatient because most of us expected the mappool to be out on Friday. Since that wasn't the case, we'd atleast want it as soon as possible to squeeze in any possible practice time we still have left during the weekend.

Well, thanks for the mappool anyway.

And I just realised having freemods during tiebreaker is a silly idea.
Pizzicato
\:D/
because it's 10pm on UTC +8 :(
Noriko

Slizzer wrote:

AmaiHachimitsu wrote:

Though I can understand that loctav hasn't much free time as to post stuff
The thing is, if people haven't even gotten the time to prepare and be ready to post a mappool with 10ish days of preparation. Then just think of the teams that are participating (especially the once that are playing on Friday), not only do they have to look daily for the mappool news, they also have to make time to practice them. I'll just assume that most participants are around 17-20 years old, which would mean they are studying/working through Monday - Friday, so some of them might have a tight training schedule.
Finally someone said it, thank you
time to push essays aside #yolo
Pizzicato
requesting a pack for the current map pool
Marcin
Request accepted, here is your pack http://www.mediafire.com/?jn0c8p6wqfrtfhb

EDIT: added on wiki at the top of group stage section.
fartownik

CXu wrote:

And I just realised having freemods during tiebreaker is a silly idea.
The tiebreaker should be freemod imo. Luv Letter nomod is a pain in the ass, have fun with random misses all the way with AR9.
silmarilen
people should be able to read ar9 if they want to be in owc. its not all about faster faster faster.
also doesnt more misses make things more exciting? i remember people complaining about so called "accuracy matches"
CXu
It's a tiebreaker. I'd rather have everyone compete on equal basis really.
kriers
beatmaps were a bit on the hard side for r1 last year, I remember.

This year takes the cake.
nya10
A little review from a newbie like me xD

No mod map pool:
That number 1 nomod map '-' , somehow, some part make me surprised (I'm talking about the map, not the background or otherelse)
Love number 4 and 6 pick :3
Speechless to number 5 pick (Middleisland - Roze)

Freemod:
Shotgun Seronita can be easy, but it is risky to play with HR. Yes, I love that pick

Tiebreaker:
Much more difficult than last year (Actually all of this year map is more difficult)

Will be updated, haven't reviewed all of the maps.
(Only need to download 4 maps from this map pool xD)
show more