forum

Buy a tablet and support osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
As another way of supporting osu!, I have decided to make amazon links available for some graphics tablets. When you buy one of these using the links below, osu! will receive about 4% of the purchase price! Every dollar counts, after all.

Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet (~$55)

G-Pen 4-by-5.5-Inch Tablet with Cordless Pen (~$42)

Both of these tablets are smallish (all you need for osu! really) and high quality.

Thanks in advance if you decide to make use of these links. Also if you have any other tablets on amazon you want to buy give me a yell in this thread so i can add a referral link.
Derekku
Great idea! Myself and many other users can vouch for the bamboo and bamboo fun tablets (they're pretty much the same). The small size is more than enough for playing osu! and works very well. :) I've never heard of the 2nd brand up there, so I can't say anything about it.

Woo Wacom 8-)
Metroid
Now I'm thinking of getting one.
My sis wants one anyways...
Larto
The Wacom tablet looks sexy really. If my parents let me I'll gladly buy one ;o
Loginer
Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
Oh, say can you see... ♪
awp
I've had a Wacom Intuos3 4x5 for a few years. I haven't done any maintenance or tip swapping or anything on it - they're pretty durable and long-lasting. Also high quality. Granted, the Intuos3 line is much fancier than anything you need to play osu! with, but to say the least Wacom is a sure bet and for 40-50 bucks I'd say well worth it.
Nachy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Larto

Loginer wrote:

Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.
Oh, say can you see... ♪
No I haven't seen that ;_; All my dreams and hopes for the future are now destroyed ;_;
nardii
I guess it's good for people planning to buy a tablet anyway, but I'd rather keep donating (which will get you more money anyway).

Larto wrote:

Loginer wrote:

Oh, say can you see... ♪
No I haven't seen that ;_;
lol
Mogsy
I'm going to tell my brother about this, since he needs a tablet, anyways.
Ivalset
I demand mouses be added to this to prevent discrimination.
Loginer
This tablet is available for shipping "to select countries outside the U.S.":
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000V9RL3Y/
Zekira

NachoPiggy wrote:

Looks really awesome. I wish I had the money for it. :(
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
WyndII

Zekira wrote:

NachoPiggy wrote:

ihitterdal

WyndII wrote:

Zekira wrote:

NachoPiggy wrote:

Thirded.
awp
get a job you piners
Malajax
Really glad this is here. I didn't even know tablets cost less than $100. I haven't even downloaded osu! because I was only eying it for the taiko mode. Now, I'm really looking forward to buying a tablet to play osu! the way it was meant to be played, and support this awesome game in the process. Hopefully I'll get one in a month or so.
Neo@lex
osu! is meant to be played with a mouse.
Buy one of these, and you'll contributing towards alienating the community.
If you have money, get a decent gaming mouse.
anonymous_old
Derekku
It's meant to be played with your hand :P

Doesn't matter what "tool" you use~
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Now read that once again, out of context.

I myself will not buy a tablet. I support osu! in other ways.
Daru

neo@lex wrote:

osu! is meant to be played with a mouse.
Buy one of these, and you'll contributing towards alienating the community.
If you have money, get a decent gaming mouse.
... because you guys don't alienate tablet users enough, is it?

"OMG that song must be SOOO EASY with ur tablet!!!!"
I'm tired of explaining why it's just as hard as using a mouse

On topic, I think it's a great idea. :D
I wonder, though, how you were able to arrange this? The Bamboo small sells for around 100USD where I live, but then, that's from stores like Apple, Best Buy or Staples.

My only worry is that people might be dissapointed with the size of these tablets, especially if they're using a larger monitor. I've personally tried the Bamboo small when I was looking for mine, and I found it a bit unusable. Of course, I wanted a nice drawing tablet, which requires quite a bit more precision than osu! normally does, so it's probably going to be fine for all of you wanting to support osu! and get a nice input as well.
Derekku

strager wrote:

Derekku Chan wrote:

Now read that once again, out of context.
Uhh... that was the point, captain obvious. :|
awp
Daru, I think a small tablet will be fine for osu! use. I only have a 4x5" and it works just fine for me, but other folks (thinking specifically of the "pros" here) may choose to limit the sensitivity region to something even smaller - I've seen Cyclone play osu! before, and his mouse moves like a quarter of an inch to get from one corner of the screen to the other. If anything, 4x5" is too large (Bamboo supports sensitive region resizing, right?)
foulcoon
I have a regular bamboo of this size, and i play on windowed mode >.>
An64fan

Daru wrote:

I wonder, though, how you were able to arrange this? The Bamboo small sells for around 100USD where I live, but then, that's from stores like Apple, Best Buy or Staples.
The answer to this is that each time the tablet goes somewhere, it gets more expensive. It costs far less than that $100 to make the tablets. They get sold for a higher price than to make them to retail outlets, who sell them at an even higher price. Of course, the retailers bump the price up a lot, but hey, what can you do about it other than just not buy from them?

If I had $1,000 now, lived in the US, and saw a Cintiq on that list....osu! would be $40 richer. Of course, none of those circumstances is currently the case, so.......
KeiferA
What do these do o.O
An64fan

KeiferA wrote:

What do these do o.O
It's an alternative to using a mouse. Tablets are good if you prefer a more pencil-on-paper feel when you're doing digital artwork... Or prefer the feel of using a stylus to a mouse in games like osu! :P
varq
yosushi__
i'm gonna get one soon :D
but i prefer the mouse
SlaughterMelon_old
I want a tablet... but for graphic design, not for Osu! :3. Although, if I did get a tablet I would try Osu! with it.
MMzz
looks awsome, i suck with the mouse on osu, maybe a tablet will be easyer ill have to get one.
Bass
I will buy g-pen but not on amazon, sorry peppy. I'm Polish
http://www.allegro.pl/item871893570_tab ... tacja.html
:P
anonymous_old
I already have a bamboo, but I rarely use it. Who wants it for around $50, which'll go towards osu.
Perucho
These tablets look pretty decent for me for two good reasons, price and quality. Now before I think of buying this one, anyone else know another good tablet pc?
yeahyeahyeahhh
An64fan

yeahyeahyeahhh wrote:

Just got the Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet :) Supporting osu~ ^^ Hope its not too small :X
Unless you throw your arm all over the table when you play, it will likely be just fine. If you mean your support, just refer to my USD$1000=OSU$40. :? But at least a few dollars is better than none~
anonymous_old
Hmm...

Amazon doesn't seem to be selling either anymore. Is this correct, or am I doing it wrong?
thepianist

strager wrote:

Hmm...

Amazon doesn't seem to be selling either anymore. Is this correct, or am I doing it wrong?
It is now this one:
New Link
Daru
For the record, the second-gen Bamboo (which thepianist linked) is vastly superior to the original.

If peppy could somehow get a deal wherein buying the second-gen Bamboo Fun supports osu! as well, that would be pretty sweet; the Fun is pretty much one of the best tablets that one can buy as a beginner in digital media, which incidentally could be used for osu! as well.
Nekoroll
I can't believe how affordable those Bamboo tablets are getting. Bought one for a friend a year or so ago for $80 on sale. These are getting really popular and if I wanted to contribute to osu and also wanted a tablet for either gaming/drawing/designing, I would totally jump on this.
Al-Azif

Pasonia wrote:

augh, I want a tablet with a mini-screen in it so I could trace faster =3
CINTIQ 12WX
$999

you win
Keksi

Al-Azif wrote:

Pasonia wrote:

augh, I want a tablet with a mini-screen in it so I could trace faster =3
CINTIQ 12WX
$999

you win

Al, its to expensive

495$ and its bigger , better , and faster
Daru

Keksi wrote:

495$ and its bigger , better , and faster
$450 on amazon, for the large, which isn't what was pictured; it's larger.

Though, what I really want is one of the new Cintiq21UX's.
It's very sexy.
blacksymbian
Be Manly, use teh mouse ;)

--

Gah I really wanna try them pen tablets.. I'll add this to my wishlist :D
Chacha17
$55 *does them mathz*

Oh wow. I thought tablets are expensive. But meh I was wrong.

*vanishes and saves money*
anonymous_old

Chacha17 wrote:

$55 *does them mathz*

Oh wow. I thought tablets are expensive. But meh I was wrong.

*vanishes and saves money*
Yeah, whatever. =|