posted
Total Posts
show more
Rurree
nothing
abraker

Dawnsday wrote:

what have i done this time mom
I'm pressing charges for a memeing offence, violating the fair use of OT material, and impersonating Blitzfrog. See you in court.
Blitzfrog

abraker wrote:

Dawnsday wrote:

what have i done this time mom
I'm pressing charges for a memeing offence, violating the fair use of OT material, and impersonating Blitzfrog. See you in court.
What's that got to do with me...
B1rd
If you talk about a "disease", you're talking about a singular disease. Fix your grammar before telling me I'm not trying hard enough to understand you.
Mahogany

Kisses wrote:

Can we like, ban Dawnsday from posting here?
Absolutely not before we ban b1rd. Dawnsday is ok in my book
Dawns
HOW am i copying blitzfrog i was shitposting before this clown had even contemplated coming into existence
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

abraker wrote:

What's that got to do with me...
Everything has got to do with you as of late
Hika
so i have a doctor's appointment and a list of stuff i'm going to complain about
for example, why do i get cancer everyday????
Blitzfrog

Hika wrote:

so i have a doctor's appointment and a list of stuff i'm going to complain about
for example, why do i get cancer everyday????
Because you're not married to Blitzfrog.

no homo
Hika
nah that's ok... that would give me more cancer
picky picky_old
full homo
B1rd

abraker wrote:

In the simplest terms I can possible spell out for you:

SUPPOSE THE POOR DONT HAVE WELFARE AND NEED TO PAY FOR A HEALTH CHECK
THEN THE POOR DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY TO CHECK THEIR OWN HEALTH STATUS
UNCHECKED HEALTH STATUS OF POPULATION = RISK OF SPREAD OF CONTAGIOUS DISEASE

I don't need to name this "unspecified" disease. Make the name up your self. I don't need to supply real world evidence to back this claim. It's just plain logic and common sense.. If you don't get neither of that, then nothing can be explained to you unless it aligns with your own opinions.
Why is people having diseases that are hard to personally detect the biggest issue you see with the lack of welfare, wouldn't people suffering from diseases and not being able to pay for treatment be a bigger concern for you? Regardless of your grammatical errors, I'd have an easier time understanding your position if it made logical sense to me.

But anyway, I'm not gonna waste my time trying to respond to your arguments if you're gonna constantly throw insults and not take the time to make your posts readable.
abraker

B1rd wrote:

Why is people having diseases that are hard to personally detect the biggest issue you see with the lack of welfare, wouldn't people suffering from diseases and not being able to pay for treatment be a bigger concern for you?
Diseases that are hard to detect can be an issue, but a more common issue is that it may be that they don't get treatment for it, and as a result, spread detectable diseases further to others. If the severity of the detectable diseases is high, then you get an epidemic and a sick population consisting of not just the poor. Also depending on the severity of the diseases, deaths can occur in not just the poor population because of this.

It's in my best interest to supply the poor with welfare because of this and my well-being. If someone poor at public transport caught some disease they never got treatment for, then I am likely to get it too because I ride public transport every weekday. I don't need a sick week because someone is developing a 40c fever on the train.

The act of people suffering from diseases is a topic going from moral standpoint and not from an objective standpoint. Why I should care about their suffering should be a topic to discuss separate from why welfare should not exist because it's then a question about why I think it should exist and not why it should exist.
Blitzfrog
Abraker has fallen
Razzy

Blitzfrog wrote:

Abraker has fallen
funny, coming from someone who's been in a permanent state of "fallen"
abraker

Blitzfrog wrote:

Abraker has fallen
firstofall
_handholding

Raspberriel wrote:

Blitzfrog wrote:

Abraker has fallen
funny, coming from someone who's been in a permanent state of "fallen"
hehe xd
Mahogany

Blitzfrog wrote:

Abraker has fallen
What do you mean, he's literally one of only two good posters here.
B1rd

abraker wrote:

Diseases that are hard to detect can be an issue, but a more common issue is that it may be that they don't get treatment for it, and as a result, spread detectable diseases further to others. If the severity of the detectable diseases is high, then you get an epidemic and a sick population consisting of not just the poor. Also depending on the severity of the diseases, deaths can occur in not just the poor population because of this.

It's in my best interest to supply the poor with welfare because of this and my well-being. If someone poor at public transport caught some disease they never got treatment for, then I am likely to get it too because I ride public transport every weekday. I don't need a sick week because someone is developing a 40c fever on the train.

The act of people suffering from diseases is a topic going from moral standpoint and not from an objective standpoint. Why I should care about their suffering should be a topic to discuss separate from why welfare should not exist because it's then a question about why I think it should exist and not why it should exist.
I don't really get what you're saying about morality vs objectivism. Isn't one of the primary roles of systems of governance, which is what we're talking about, to reduce human suffering? If not, I don't understand by what standards the best type of government is judged. It seems you're talking about your own personal interests being the most important factor. If that's the case, then the best type of government would be a dictatorship with you at the top, if we're not considering other people.

Now about welfare. Note, that I never actually said that welfare should be abolished, although I am warm to that idea. Now, the primary error in your logic is assuming that without welfare, the people who are dependent on welfare with income would suddenly have no income without it. As I have already shown, the majority of welfare recipients are capable of working, and if they didn't get welfare, they could do so. Of course, as I've mentioned, reducing barriers to employment should go along with this to ensure that people can be employed. So then, these people would be able to afford health insurance.

What about the people who can't work because of a disability, temporary life circumstances, et cetera? Private charities can fill this role, and are much better and more efficient that government programs in general, for the same free-market principles in which private organisations usually can do things better than the government. For example, 70% of government welfare spending goes towards administration spending, compared with 10% for private charity. And of course, private charities are much better at helping people with the specific help they need, and much better at administering help to people who genuinely need it, compared with government bureaucracy.

And another point: in a welfare state, what is stopping every person from a poorer country immigrating to your country for free welfare? We've seen many examples of these economic migrants in Europe and America. Simply, the welfare state necessitates strong border control. And since liberals do not want the latter, well, that is a recipe for disaster. As we have seen in Sweden. http://gatesofvienna.net/2014/05/sweden ... migration/

And the final point that I'd like to make, is that welfare creates a welfare dependent population within a nation. It allows people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford kids, to have kids, which then grow up in low-income areas, destined to the same fate as their parent(s). Well, you might tell me, people would just have kids regardless and then their kids would starve. Well, I'll play the same logic card as you did; to say that people's actions are not affected by their economic circumstances and opportunities is ridiculous. No doubt it would happen, but I doubt as many teens would have a baby without a guaranteed welfare check from the government. The reduction of welfare would encourage only economically stable married couples to have kids, which is a better thing for society.
WavePoint
Stefan has all the power to lock every OT thread, but he is not using it to invade Russia in the wintertime.

good 4 him
Kappa FrankerZ
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because B1rd's posts gave me cancer anyway.
Razzy

Kappa FrankerZ wrote:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because B1rdBlitzfrog's posts gave me cancer anyway.
ftfy
Yuudachi-kun
Smoking feels like you fc'd a chart and got a top 10 in your pp and a huge rank boost.

I like the taste and the smell and the feeling and I reccomend it.

I'll eat enough fast food to die from a heart attack first.
B1rd
How can cancer get cancer? This is the next philosophical question we must engage on.
Blitzfrog

B1rd wrote:

How can cancer get cancer? This is the next philosophical question we must engage on.
By getting B1rd, the cancer of cancer
abraker

B1rd wrote:

I don't really get what you're saying about morality vs objectivism. Isn't one of the primary roles of systems of governance, which is what we're talking about, to reduce human suffering? If not, I don't understand by what standards the best type of government is judged. It seems you're talking about your own personal interests being the most important factor. If that's the case, then the best type of government would be a dictatorship with you at the top, if we're not considering other people.
I am saying that I am approaching this argument purely with an objective view point. This is to put morality out of the question since morality is subjective, and therefore, cannot be proven. Objectively, my survival comes first before others. That doesn't mean I will enjoy an all powerful leader in a system.

B1rd wrote:

Now, the primary error in your logic is assuming that without welfare, the people who are dependent on welfare with income would suddenly have no income without it. As I have already shown, the majority of welfare recipients are capable of working, and if they didn't get welfare, they could do so. Of course, as I've mentioned, reducing barriers to employment should go along with this to ensure that people can be employed. So then, these people would be able to afford health insurance.
I agree. People who have an established income can have welfare. For people that do not, let's see the next point.

B1rd wrote:

What about the people who can't work because of a disability, temporary life circumstances, et cetera? Private charities can fill this role, and are much better and more efficient that government programs in general, for the same free-market principles in which private organisations usually can do things better than the government. For example, 70% of government welfare spending goes towards administration spending, compared with 10% for private charity. And of course, private charities are much better at helping people with the specific help they need, and much better at administering help to people who genuinely need it, compared with government bureaucracy.
Ok I have to agree with this too. It does look like a viable solution. However, it is not a better option during an economic depression. Since it's privatized, it depends on philanthropy which in turn depends on the economy. Not saying that it's a bad option altogether, but offering the flexibility for government social programs to make up what private charities cannot during time of crisis might be better than staying with just privatized charities.

B1rd wrote:

And another point: in a welfare state, what is stopping every person from a poorer country immigrating to your country for free welfare? We've seen many examples of these economic migrants in Europe and America. Simply, the welfare state necessitates strong border control. And since liberals do not want the latter, well, that is a recipe for disaster. As we have seen in Sweden. http://gatesofvienna.net/2014/05/sweden ... migration/
Ok, I agree with point too.

B1rd wrote:

And the final point that I'd like to make, is that welfare creates a welfare dependent population within a nation. It allows people who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford kids, to have kids, which then grow up in low-income areas, destined to the same fate as their parent(s). Well, you might tell me, people would just have kids regardless and then their kids would starve. Well, I'll play the same logic card as you did; to say that people's actions are not affected by their economic circumstances is ridiculous. No doubt it would happen, but I doubt as many teens would have a baby without a guaranteed welfare check from the government. The reduction of welfare would encourage only economically stable married couples to have kids, which is a better thing for society.
While this point applies to couples that think things through, this doesn't prevents couples from having children in unfavorable economic conditions. How do you apply this point for those cases where children were born due couples carelessly having unprotected sex?
Mahogany

Kappa FrankerZ wrote:

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because B1rd's posts gave me cancer anyway.
Dawns
Im dedicating a post to how dreadful mental health support is in England.

Seriously it's actually appalling. Carry on.
lovetap
lovetap
johnmedina999

ryyushi wrote:

Please don't make this into a meme.
Mahogany

johnmedina999 wrote:

Please don't make this into a meme.
lol
i like the part where u added urself haha! xD
Foxtrot

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Smoking feels like you fc'd a chart and got a top 10 in your pp and a huge rank boost.

Stop trying to share your sick addiction on OT. Share it with me instead. I'm boring because I smoke reds though
lol
2017 and people smoke cigs over joints

enjoy ur cancer and smelling like a walking tumour :P
Hika
I stopped smoking almost 2 years ago.. I'm soooo proud.
Foxtrot

lol wrote:

2017 and people smoke cigs over joints

enjoy ur cancer and smelling like a walking tumour :P
Yeah you'd smell like a tumor except that deodorants nd showers are a thing
Yuudachi-kun

Foxtrot wrote:

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Stop trying to share your sick addiction on OT. Share it with me instead. I'm boring because I smoke reds though

You dont like menthol

Angry faic
abraker

Yuudachi-kun wrote:

Awww I thought you tried it once half year ago and hated it. Rip lungs I guess :\
Yuudachi-kun
Then I had an orgasm in my mouth
show more