forum

How do you read EZ mod properly in Osu!Catch?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Philippine LuLu
Hello everyone! I'm Lulu and this is my first time making a forum here on Osu! :) . I started playing osu!catch last January and I enjoyed it very much compared to Osu!standard because of its controls (it's like Touhou but reverse). I started focusing on EZ mod around February when I saw EzGon's play on the Big Black. I'm planning to main EZ mod for the rest of my Osu!catch career.

I noticed that the EZ mod is not really easy because EZ mod removes some hyperdash fruits in exchange of lower AR and bigger fruits. I find it really hard to catch them consistently. I can FC specifics but it takes me like 100+ retries. I mean I wouldn't reach 70k playcount in less than a year if EZ mod is really easy, right?

I think there is something wrong with my reading skills in EZ. I can't find any videos/tutorials on how to read EZ mod in Osu!catch so I decided to make a forum about it instead of DM'ing EZ players one by one. Any tips for me on how to read EZ? Thanks for the replies!!!
Nikolai
play more
Topic Starter
Philippine LuLu

Nikolai wrote:

play more
Hello!! I am playing more both offline and online and I think that playing more doesn't solve my problem since I encounter this problem in every map. Playing more without improvement is useless imo since my goal is to improve at the game using EZ mod while enjoying it :)
MrSparklepants
play more/memorize
I'm an EZHT main though
Deerector
I start play ctb mode on January too, and maybe starting EZ mod around March. Nothing special, tried it several times and turn out I'm feel more comfortable when using EZ mod so, i may not be as good as you but

I used to be too fast(most likely)/too late when dashing. My advice is try not to put your catcher in the middle of the fruits, put it on the side. Over time you will get used to putting your catcher on the side closest to the next fruits
Patatitta
black magic
THAT_otaku
If you've ever tried playing EZ in osu! standard, it's not really that much different IMO, the same principles still apply.

Focus on what the next note is and on getting to the next note, when i started playing EZ in catch I always found myself leaving the notes too early and therefore missing them, because of the lower AR.

Practice edge dashes. There will be many

It matters less in ctb than in std, but still make sure you have a fairly clean skin, something like the default catch skin+EZ will be a nightmare to look at

An yah, just keep playing ez, dont give up, and you'll learn eventually. Hopefully I havent repeated anything from people above, didnt read em. GOod luck !
GamaX
PLAY MORE AND MEMORIZE MOVES AND FORCE THE USE OF THE DASH MORE
Chatie
A4 piece of paper on your screen
Edgar_Figaro

Chatie wrote:

A4 piece of paper on your screen
Paper is kind of see-through. A towel is a much better option