forum

osu-web enhanced | user script

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RockRoller
Imagine I wasn't lazy and here was some cool banner

Background

I made a script to make some aspects of moderation easier, but it also had some nice general QoL improvements, so abraker bothered me enough to actually split those bits off and release them for everyone here

Some of these things were inspired by feature requests on the official osu-web github repo.
The script mainly focuses on community interaction / general use and currently does NOT provide anything related to scores or pp.

If you have ideas for features that you would like to see feel free to leave them in the comments.
If you find a bug feel free to also leave it there, this script should work but I do not guarantee anything.

Features

Please note that i am lazy and this list isn't fully up-to date, please check the update comments to see missing features
  1. Display the existance (and number of) notifications in the page title
  2. Option to expand me! sections
  3. Add more BBCode quickinsert buttons
  4. Add a button to every post to directly contact the creator
  5. Option to highlight own name everywhere on the forums
  6. Add a button to get the currently open difficulty's .osu file
  7. Option to expand beatmap description
  8. When using the quote button inserts quoted text at cursor position rather than the end
  9. Add chat templates
    1. Create, Edit, Delete
    2. Support for variables
    3. Import/Export them for easy sharing
    (there are too many screens for this, will only show one screenshot, explore the rest yourself)

Installation

Download

You need to have TamperMonkey installed (available for all major browsers).

Once you have it just click that big download button and you should be guided trough the installation

After you installed it you probably want to check out the settings, since not all things are enabled by default. They can be found here:

Auto Updates

If you want the script to automatically update whenever a new version gets release please do the following:

Please be aware that this means that TM/GM will install any new versions without you approving of the updates.
Go onto edit

Switch to the settings tab and check "check for updates"

press save

Useless Information

Source code can be found here: GitLab
Fully written in TypeScript
Gist link: link
Raw link: link

Changelog

08-August-2021 v1.0.5
Thanks to Death for making this update.
  1. Fix me! section expander not rotating on chrome (#15, !2)
  2. Alphabetically sort messages in custom message manage view (#13, !2)
  3. Add underline bbcode button (#16, !2)
08-June-2021 v1.0.4
  1. Fix osu-web putting quotes at the end of the textarea (#3, !1)
    The osu! website always puts quotes at the end of the reply box. This setting, which is turned on by default, fixes this and insert them at the current cursor position. Thanks to Death for implementing this.
03-June-2021 V1.0.3
Its all bug fixes
  1. Improve userpage expander (#6, #9)
  2. Improve beatmap description expander (#7, #8)
  3. Close osu! dropdown when opening settings modal (#5)
01-June-2021 V1.0.2
  1. Fix expanded beatmap descriptions being way to wide
01-June-2021 V1.0.1
  1. Initial Release
Phantonym
Cool!
iamjorj
Interesting. Is this something like osu plus?
Joon Yorigami
poggers
Topic Starter
RockRoller

iamjorj wrote:

Interesting. Is this something like soy plus?
I assume you mean osuplus. The answer is sorta. The difference is that osuplus focuses on pp and rankings while I focus on website usability
THAT_otaku
Yoooooo this is sick :0 nice job !
iamjorj

RockRoller wrote:

iamjorj wrote:

I assume you mean osuplus. The answer is sorta. The difference is that osuplus focuses on pp and rankings while I focus on website usability
i see. yeah osu got autocorrected lol. what do you have in mind for development and later versions?
abraker

iamjorj wrote:

RockRoller wrote:

iamjorj wrote:

i see. yeah osu got autocorrected lol. what do you have in mind for development and later versions?
See https://gitlab.com/RockRoller/osu-web-enhanced/-/issues
Topic Starter
RockRoller

abraker wrote:

See https://gitlab.com/RockRoller/osu-web-enhanced/-/issues
These are pretty much all my plans. Tho I am always open for suggestions
- Virtu -
impressive!
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.0.3

Its all bug fixes
  1. Improve userpage expander (#6, #9)
  2. Improve beatmap description expander (#7, #8)
  3. Close osu! dropdown when opening settings modal (#5)
- Marco -
Well Done 👍
chromb
very small suggestion, but the arrow on the expand/collapse thing feels like it should point the other way when expanded:

Topic Starter
RockRoller

chromb wrote:

very small suggestion, but the arrow on the expand/collapse thing feels like it should point the other way when expanded:

its the correct way around for me :thinking:
Please make sure that you have the newest version installed

rematyar
this is great!
Zelzatter Zero
the BBcode additional buttons is a fucking godsend.

now I don't have to do google search wherever I wanna color my text anymore 👀
wowcake
extra convenience, this is very cool 👍
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.0.4

1. Fix osu-web putting quotes at the end of the textarea (#3, !1)
    The osu! website always puts quotes at the end of the reply box. This setting, which is turned on by default, fixes this and insert them at the current cursor position. Thanks to Death for implementing this.
Zelzatter Zero

RockRoller wrote:

chromb wrote:

its the correct way around for me :thinking:
Please make sure that you have the newest version installed

also yeah, I have that problem too for some reason, and it's the latest version.

Maybe there's something in the code that was altered when downloading in our side?
Topic Starter
RockRoller
Apparently thats a browser incompatability... guess I will go and figure out why chrome doesnt like to rotate the thing
Nuuskamuikkunen
Oh, def going to try this~
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.0.5

Thanks to Death for making this update.
  1. Fix me! section expander not rotating on chrome (#15, !2)
  2. Alphabetically sort messages in custom message manage view (#13, !2)
  3. Add underline bbcode button (#16, !2)
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.0.6

1. Its only code-quality and reliability updates, no new featured this time!
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.0.7

1. Updated styling of the me! section expander to fit with the new design
  2. Some basic work to soon:tm: implement template messages for forum posts
THAT_otaku
! ! !
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.1

1. It is finally here: custom messages not just for chat, but also forum replies!
  2. many many things got cleaned up, tho nothing noteworthy to the normal user
- Marco -
POG
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2

Welp, I didn't expect to do 2 updates today, but here we are!
New Features:
  1. add modal that displays full beatmap metadata (yay, full tags!)
  2. reorganise settings
  3. log all on-site api data to console (not relevant to most people, turned off by default)
  4. open non ppy links in new tab
  5. Add download buttons to dicussion pages
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.2

New Features:
  1. move beatmap buttons to new positions. The .osu data is now next to the downloads, the metadata and description once are hover buttons on their respective areas.
Hivie
any chance you could add an option to hide the beatmap page button that's on the discussion page? almost no one uses it and instead clicks on the top banner, plus it makes this bit feel pretty cluttered

this looks much cleaner imo
Topic Starter
RockRoller
@Hivie I assume the beatmap page button is a leftover from the old design, when discussion and beatmap page werent linked via tabs, but buttons. Its probably worth to make an issue on osu-web for it (make sure to disable the script before taking screenshots for github)
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.3

New Features:
  1. fix settings button duplicating
  2. fix settings button not working after going back in browser
  3. fix .osu download button not downloading as .osu extension
  4. fix .osu button appearing multiple times

Update v1.2.4

New Features:
  1. fix the previous fix not fully working
Hivie

RockRoller wrote:

@Hivie I assume the beatmap page button is a leftover from the old design, when discussion and beatmap page werent linked via tabs, but buttons. Its probably worth to make an issue on osu-web for it (make sure to disable the script before taking screenshots for github)
it's been there since the beginning of moddingv2 I think. so I doubt it'll be removed until the redesign which is taking a very generous amount of time, that's why I thought it'd be more efficient to do a feature request here
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Hivie wrote:

it's been there since the beginning of moddingv2 I think.
Yes it has been, however until not too long ago it was required since it and the "discussion" button where the way to switch between info page and discussion. Now however the discussion button is gone and this one seems like a weird leftover. Not sure if i will add it as a feature, but until then, here is some css to hide it:
@-moz-document regexp("https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/[0-9]*/discussion") {
.beatmap-discussions-header-bottom__content--details .beatmap-discussions-header-bottom__details:nth-child(3){
    display: none;
}

}
FAMoss
It would be good to revert back to the discussion button near the download button.
personally not a fan how the discussion button moved now.

I found several script that works but it would to great to get implements to this user-script instead.
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.2.5

New Features:
  1. the notification display in the tab title now should update at the same time in all open tabs
  2. use osu-web css variables instead of hardcoded colors. The script should not function nicely with e.g. custom css
  3. a new button on the beatmap listing that allows you to open the background image of the map
Chaseter
Thanks, it's awesome!
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Update v1.3

New Features:
  1. display beatmap metadata button also on discussion and not just info page (requested by hivie)
  2. convert ranks on user profiles to links to their respective ranking pages where possible (requested by chromb)
  3. allow for quoting in forum posts by selecting text. (old osu-web issue, biggest chunk of this feature coded by death, cleaned up by myself)
    Please be aware that the quoting by selecting text is a bit jank and does not always work perfectly. Death and I tried our best and it should be good enough:tm:
  4. fix notification display in tab title being broken due to a recent osu-web update
Aireunaeus
Nice Addon it actually made osu easier
Duck o-o
Damn i main forums now holy
- Marco -
Pog 1.3
FAMoss
this is should be fixed, especially for OCD users
Topic Starter
RockRoller

FAMoss wrote:

this is should be fixed, especially for OCD users
oh interesting, will fix that for the next version
Aireunaeus
It would be cool, if the [profile][/profile] tag be added too

That would be the symbol:

and also, this happened:
Duck o-o

Aireunaeus wrote:

and also, this happened:
yea this happened to me too, it fixes if you reload but i forgor if you have to reload the page or the settings lul
Aireunaeus

Dementedduck wrote:

Aireunaeus wrote:

and also, this happened:
yea this happened to me too, it fixes if you reload but i forgor if you have to reload the page or the settings lul
yeah it indeed fixes the problem afer i refresh it but i hope this shouldnt happen frequently
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Aireunaeus wrote:

It would be cool, if the [profile][/profile] tag be added too
sure, sould be no issue. Also no clue how that big wall of buttons happened, thought i fixed that ages ago. oh well, will investigate
Aireunaeus
sorry but i'm still waiting for the update 😫
Topic Starter
RockRoller

Aireunaeus wrote:

sorry but i'm still waiting for the update 😫
I completly forgot about this tbh. Ive created an issue for it, so hopefully i will get too it soon:tm:
OnLoong
hey, i noticed the button to expand descriptions and button to display detailed info for beatmaps are gone, is that a bug or it is my issue
show more